IGNORED

Mills 18: Marrying Off Maggie Mae to Tom So the Kids Eat A Vegetable

nelliebelle1197

2 hours ago, LeoniBrooke said:

Sorry for stupid question, but... What happened to April? I watched for a while when she was Tom's "girlfriend", saw her at their house and shopping with him, then I forgot about the Mills for a few month and when I came back there was no sign of her anywhere. 

He broke up with her after she bought a RV trailer and moved in it in his town. He really seemed annoyed with her towards the end. Hth. 

• Upvote 6
  • Haha 1
  • Thank You 1

There was a lot of speculation about why the break-up occurred when it occurred. My trip on the ISB* is that April wanted to get married "religiously" but not "legally in Wyoming" in an attempt to keep her lovely widow's benefits from her deceased husband's military service. This would have given her the whip hand, so to speak, when it came to money matters. (I checked, and there is no common-law marriage in Wyoming.) My speculation is that was not acceptable to Tom.  But perhaps Tom just wanted the benefits of a relationship with an adult woman without any of the responsibilities. 

*Idle Speculation Bus.

Edited by FiveAcres
c /Internet/Idle/
  • Upvote 8

I think some of their off camera discussions were about April wanting to be a wife, in the way that she understood it - taking care of the kids, introducing them to new things that she enjoyed, and helping Tom with his issues. Tom wanted a maid that he could have sex with and boss around. Someone to tell him how smart he is. 

Even when Andrea was alive, his interest in his kids was limited to "hey, kids, check out this cereal/anime/video game" instead of being invested in their health, development, interests, or even the family. It was always all about Tom. They didn't do family vacations, they visited Tom's family and went to Tom's magic tournament. 

It's just such a weird dynamic to me. Everyone I know who has kids is out doing stuff with their kids. Hiking, biking, taking them to school activities, going to the zoo, museums, etc. Even babies are in their car seats, in bike trailers here. They go camping. They "help" with fishing and dipnetting. They get to splash around in mud and look at stuff, and wear cute clothes while doing so. 

They don't need to be an athletic family, but the way I hear dads interacting with their kids is so different from Tom. Offering encouragement, being proud, letting kids win and be kids. Tom might be a completely different person off camera, but I kind of doubt it. 

• Upvote 13
  • I Agree 11

April wasn't perfect, but she appeared to be more committed to the relationship right away, and blending families. I don't think Tom is going to be able to remarry, unless he finds someone who is willing to be talked over, filmed, live in that house, clean up after her man-child husband who can't even put his coat away, and commit to using a substandard curriculum. 

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 9

Tom has also said that there were reasons for it ending that we don't know about, and that maybe some day down the road he will tell (he has no respect for her privacy, even if she was crazy). I don't know why he still has all the videos with her still up.

• Upvote 9

Tom may have intentionally left the videos up to assist him in attracting a higher caliber woman than he would otherwise. April was quite a bit above Tom's pay grade. She is a better parent, more emotionally intelligent, more well mannered, and classier than Tom.

• Upvote 11
  • I Agree 3

On 4/22/2021 at 7:46 AM, can'tstopwatching said:

Growing god's kingdom one heart at a time." I think that's literally the answer. The more kids they had, the more humans were in the world that they could indoctrinate with their specific brand of christianity.

That may have been the public excuse but I think it was more that Andrea craved the attention she got being pregnant and having a baby, and Tom DGAF as long as he got laid. He didn't parent before Andrea died, and has barely stepped up now - if Andrea wanted to have twenty kids, well, nothing to do with him. He may be regretting that now that he's forced to do the bare minimum - or not, because it makes him look patriarchal which in his mind probably equates to something meaningful, and or course more beings with no choice bu t to revere him.

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 8
  • Love 1

15 hours ago, can'tstopwatching said:

Tom has also said that there were reasons for it ending that we don't know about, and that maybe some day down the road he will tell (he has no respect for her privacy, even if she was crazy). I don't know why he still has all the videos with her still up.

I think Tom is a creep. However, it was weird that she was talking to "fans" and virtual strangers about their relationship problems. There were conversations about Asher not liking her, etc. I have no idea what is true and what isn't it, but we do know she was talking to someone that she met through the channel. I suspect this had something to do with the "other stuff." 

She should have went back home. He only hinted to her a hundred times to leave. I think maybe she would have had a better chance if she left and allowed the relationship to develop at slower pace and from a distance.

I don't think Tom is going to get anything better than April. Aside from the kids, he has nothing to offer. Never wants to leave Moorcroft or that house, doesn't travel, can't cook, can't clean, he's not abundantly wealthy, he thinks he knows everything and really doesn't know much at all, etc. He never even took April on a proper date. 

Once the new relationship energy wears off, I don't see a woman wanting to stick around unless she has no ounce of self esteem at all. I think he'll find that most women will expect a lot more than what he gave to April or Andrea for that matter. I don't think Tom will understand when things that worked with Andrea won't fly for another woman. 

Edited by MillieJo
  • Upvote 5
  • I Agree 9

To: Tommy Boy AKA Man-Child

Your incompetence is not cute!

I’m sure if your children were allowed to express an opinion, they would be very ashamed of you.

• Upvote 8
  • Fuck You 1
  • I Agree 4

Tom took an invatory prior to Walmart shopping.  The four-pack of Irish Spring soap is still there.  It's been there for three years since I started watching.  Month after month, Tom said they still have soap.

It must be proof that they don't use soap in the shower.

• Upvote 2
  • Disgust 4
  • WTF 5
  • I Agree 1

1 hour ago, louannems said:

It must be proof that they don't use soap in the shower.

Tom's general appearance is all the proof I need. For those that can stand watching the shopping - do they ever buy laundry detergent? Is that the "pods" that they take out of the compact container and put in a giant glass jar for some reason, or is that the dish washing pods? I've never used the laundry pods and the state of the Mills clothing is not a selling point for me. 

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 2

On 4/25/2021 at 8:28 PM, Maggie Mae said:

Tom's general appearance is all the proof I need. For those that can stand watching the shopping - do they ever buy laundry detergent? Is that the "pods" that they take out of the compact container and put in a giant glass jar for some reason, or is that the dish washing pods? I've never used the laundry pods and the state of the Mills clothing is not a selling point for me. 

Yes, every month Tom buys Gain pods, plus dishwasher pods.  He buys fabric softener plus the scent ad ins.  I hate strongly scented laundry detergent and softener with a passion but I guess Tom really needs to cover up the smelly clothes.

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 1

10 hours ago, louannems said:

Yes, every month Tom buys Gain pods, plus dishwasher pods.  He buys fabric softener plus the scent ad ins.  I hate strongly scented laundry detergent and softener with a passion but I guess Tom really needs to cover up the smelly clothes.

Fabric softener is the the most useless thing ever, and he should not be using it on kids clothing. He's such a spendthrift. 

I've always used the liquid stuff because the powder makes me itchy. I figured the pods are just kind of wasteful but we do use dishwasher pods. I grew up with the gel dishwasher stuff. 

• Upvote 3

There's a lot of drama about Holly Dolly in the chat tonight - what happened with her, anyone know? 

Also, Tom is cutting back on sugar? For himself and the kids? Wow. 

Edited by dizzy
  • Upvote 4

I've never seen so many comments get deleted on a live before! Almost all mentions of Holly have been scrubbed, a question asking his views on the LBGT community was deleted (If you have to delete a simple question like that, that's an easy way to know you're a shitty person). He's getting so angry.

@dizzyjust saw your reply while I was typing mine. Tom hasn't spoken to her in weeks and others were rude to her on the channel, then now she allegedly is posting on another of the snark sites.

• Upvote 8

15 minutes ago, can'tstopwatching said:

I've never seen so many comments get deleted on a live before! Almost all mentions of Holly have been scrubbed, a question asking his views on the LBGT community was deleted (If you have to delete a simple question like that, that's an easy way to know you're a shitty person). He's getting so angry.

@dizzyjust saw your reply while I was typing mine. Tom hasn't spoken to her in weeks and others were rude to her on the channel, then now she allegedly is posting on another of the snark sites.

Wow, he must have done/said something super shitty, cause Holly Dolly was always nice and respectful when interacting with Tom. Well, good for her. Glad she's done putting up with his BS.

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 3

Tom announced that he will be buying more eggs because they need to eat more protein and fewer carbs. 
Can I say Alleluia!! Who got through to him all of a sudden?? 
Hopefully he also buys less cereal,  sugared oatmeal and those frozen strudels, so kids actually eat the eggs but that’s a good start! 

• Upvote 5

9 hours ago, WhatAlife said:

Tom announced that he will be buying more eggs because they need to eat more protein and fewer carbs. 
Can I say Alleluia!! Who got through to him all of a sudden?? 
Hopefully he also buys less cereal,  sugared oatmeal and those frozen strudels, so kids actually eat the eggs but that’s a good start! 

I doubt he will do this in a way that he can sustain, though. He says he needs to eat about 7 eggs at once to feel full. Convenient, isn't it, that Judah pays for all the eggs and now this is what Tom wants to eat a ton of! Eating that many eggs in a day doesn't make it healthy!! I also doubt he will be feeding his kids healthier foods, I think this is just for Tom and has to do with the girlfriend. He still doesn't care about his kids' health. Plus he is incapable of introducing them to a new diet in a way they will go along with, understand, and keep up with. He was shouting at his kids in the store that he won't buy the candy they had because he doesn't want to eat all the sugar. And they are supposed to understand that, just like that? He needs to put more effort into the way he speaks to them.

• Upvote 8

42 minutes ago, can'tstopwatching said:

He was shouting at his kids in the store that he won't buy the candy they had because he doesn't want to eat all the sugar.

So... don't then? Honestly he doesn't care what they eat, and he doesn't even appear to be trying to encourage them towards a healthy diet. It's all about his immediate need, in this case to look good for whoever it is he's trying to impress.

• Upvote 3

58 minutes ago, can'tstopwatching said:

He says he needs to eat about 7 eggs at once to feel full. 

That's like 600 calories.

Of course he's going to feel hungry, he has no idea what it's like to eat a well balanced meal. If he wants to feel full, he should try different styles of eggs, and pair them with vegetables. 

His body is so used to sugar, he's not going to feel satisfied after a meal for a good long while. That's ok. It's ok to still feel hungry when you finish eating, especially if you eat really fast. It takes time for the hormone response team to pop in and tell the brain that the stomach is full. 

• Upvote 5

31 minutes ago, Ozlsn said:

So... don't then? Honestly he doesn't care what they eat, and he doesn't even appear to be trying to encourage them towards a healthy diet. It's all about his immediate need, in this case to look good for whoever it is he's trying to impress.

He doesn't care about them as individuals at all. It's all about how they make him look, and them giving affection to him, when he wants it. 

Andrea was an asshole, but gosh, I can't imagine her life. It's just so sad. Grew up in small town Wyoming, didn't get to go to school, left the state briefly, but too scared to do anything other than marry the first dude who talked to her. Then babies and poverty and an indifferent narcissist for a husband. My sympathy is limited to "gosh, tom sucks as a person and it must have been terribly lonely in that house with no job to go to" since she chose to put her fears and anxieties on her kids. 

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 2

1 hour ago, can'tstopwatching said:

I doubt he will do this in a way that he can sustain, though. He says he needs to eat about 7 eggs at once to feel full. Convenient, isn't it, that Judah pays for all the eggs and now this is what Tom wants to eat a ton of! Eating that many eggs in a day doesn't make it healthy!! I also doubt he will be feeding his kids healthier foods, I think this is just for Tom and has to do with the girlfriend. He still doesn't care about his kids' health. Plus he is incapable of introducing them to a new diet in a way they will go along with, understand, and keep up with. He was shouting at his kids in the store that he won't buy the candy they had because he doesn't want to eat all the sugar. And they are supposed to understand that, just like that? He needs to put more effort into the way he speaks to them.

He was mean to them once they got to the store? I admit all I could stand was just the beginning of the video, I just got annoyed with him and switched off. 
I agree that he will make the “ more protein” diet a drag. Like heaps of  rubbery scrambled eggs or something like that. 
He could pair the eggs with sausage links which are cheap and easy to make, some fresh fruit and a toast- voila! Breakfast. 

1 hour ago, WhatAlife said:

He was mean to them once they got to the store? I admit all I could stand was just the beginning of the video, I just got annoyed with him and switched off. 
I agree that he will make the “ more protein” diet a drag. Like heaps of  rubbery scrambled eggs or something like that. 
He could pair the eggs with sausage links which are cheap and easy to make, some fresh fruit and a toast- voila! Breakfast. 

Poached eggs. Frittata. Eggs Benedict. Geez even an egg and bacon sandwich with fruit on the side.

2 hours ago, Maggie Mae said:

Andrea was an asshole, but gosh, I can't imagine her life.

Me neither. She needed therapy badly before her anxiety became that life-limiting. My sympathy is also pretty limited though - she chose to have kids, to limit their lives substantially and to not use some of the options available to her that could have helped all of them. Having said that her death was pretty shitty, and I feel for her kids.

• Upvote 13

3 hours ago, WhatAlife said:

1 hour ago, Ozlsn said:

Poached eggs. Frittata. Eggs Benedict. Geez even an egg and bacon sandwich with fruit on the side.

He is so not capable of hollandaise sauce, he's barely capable of figuring out how to fill a water bottle with water AND drink it. Plus with his bland pallet, it's going to be "too spicy" for him.  (And let's not even talk about how he won't be able to poach an egg, which, honestly I understand. Tis a food mystery.) 

However, he should be able to make scrambled eggs, fried eggs, boiled eggs. Egg "salad". Whatever the local word is for a fried egg in a piece of toast. Fried eggs on toast. Srambed eggs on toast. Eggs in ramen.  Fried rice with eggs. French toast. He doesn't have to go full keto body builder tomorrow, he could ease them into it by slowly adding more proteins and decreasing sugar by using substitutes. 

It doesn't matter, anyway. He's not going to follow through and his new girlfriend will dump him soon enough. 

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 4