IGNORED

Mills 18: Marrying Off Maggie Mae to Tom So the Kids Eat A Vegetable

nelliebelle1197

15 hours ago, MillieJo said:

Dear God,  please let the kids keep their youth group because that's the only opportunity they get to interact with other children. 

I completely agree. That's why I think he is very wrong to lump us here on the forums in with the real life trolls, because I think most if not all of us consider the youth group thing to be very good for those kids and would never want them to be forced to stop going! Of course, this absolutely could be more of Tom lying to drum up anger and support amongst his audience. Things have been slow lately so maybe he's looking for drama.

• Upvote 12
  • Love 1

23 minutes ago, can'tstopwatching said:

I completely agree. That's why I think he is very wrong to lump us here on the forums in with the real life trolls, because I think most if not all of us consider the youth group thing to be very good for those kids and would never want them to be forced to stop going! Of course, this absolutely could be more of Tom lying to drum up anger and support amongst his audience. Things have been slow lately so maybe he's looking for drama.

Ditto. While there are some people just trying to stir up trouble for entertainment's sake, there are people out there who are genuinely worried about the Mills kids' welfare. Those kids need to be in more group activities with children their own age, not less. I think it's incredibly inappropriate for Tom to mention that on live when he knows Eden and the other children are watching. I think he should make the kids aware of how to spot a suspicious person and what to do, but I really hope he hasn't told them the extent of what's going on (if it's true). If this whole thing with Eden and youth group did happen, Tom really should view this as a wakeup call and be more protective of his children's privacy. I doubt that will happen, though as he would have to give up his sweet YouTube money, gifts, and sympathy.

• Upvote 11
  • I Agree 2
  • Love 1

This is so weird! He is totally traumatizing this little girl when he makes such a thing public for the whole world in front of her. Wasn’t there other instances where Eden was targeted? For how she talks and another time someone supposedly misspelled “hi Eden” to “ di Eden”  and it autocorrected to “ die”? 
Why is it always her? He seems to like to bring this negative attention to her often ?  Poor kid. So young and has to deal with her dad’s constant need for drama while exploiting her. He really sucks. 

• Upvote 7
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, WhatAlife said:

This is so weird! He is totally traumatizing this little girl when he makes such a thing public for the whole world in front of her. Wasn’t there other instances where Eden was targeted? For how she talks and another time someone supposedly misspelled “hi Eden” to “ di Eden”  and it autocorrected to “ die”? 
Why is it always her? He seems to like to bring this negative attention to her often ?  Poor kid. So young and has to deal with her dad’s constant need for drama while exploiting her. He really sucks. 

He makes it worse by pointing the camera at her in every video and saying "isn't Eden so beeaaautifulllll she's becoming such a wooooooman look at her haaaiirrrr" like okay might as well pin a target on her back to direct the creeps right to her. She's already the most vulnerable for being a girl of that age. He needs to keep his kids off the internet, period. 

• Sad 2
  • WTF 1
  • I Agree 15
  • Love 1

Little Claudia being snuggled by Tom's sister Melanie at the end of the latest video made me happy and sad for Claudia. She looked so relaxed with her head on Melanie's shoulder. 

• Upvote 5

I cannot believe the waste in this family. We always talk about how much single-use plastic Andrea would buy instead of just getting things that would last. Here Tom is, buying all the same shit he bought last easter - paper shreds in every color for the baskets, easter eggs of every color, the dye kits. But oh, boys and girls have to be differentiated even with their EASTER EGGS, so the boys get plastic eggs with dots and the girls get plastic eggs with flowers. So the "boy" colored flower eggs will be thrown out, and the "girl" colored dotted eggs will be thrown out. Meanwhile I'm over here wondering what happened to the plastic refillable eggs from last year??? Thrown out, no doubt. He says at the end of the shopping that he knows he should be saving the eggs every year but he doesn't. And just sooooo much candy. Candy isn't a special Easter treat when you eat it so much every single day!

I think Tom spends all this time and money ($120) on this type of thing because he thinks it makes memories for the kids and makes them happy. But I really question how efficient it really is in achieving that. I think he shops at Walmart for holiday junk to replace spending actual quality time with his kids or giving them experiences they would remember. Taking them on a day trip somewhere nearby and spending the day outdoors would be far more impactful than dropping eggs in dye again while he ignores them (or worse, films them). I know that dyeing eggs is a common tradition but I just mean he doesn't use it as an opportunity to spend time with them, he buys it because he thinks he's supposed to and then he just leaves them to it.

He's making things harder for himself, while also doing a shitty job, and it's frustrating to watch.

Edited by can'tstopwatching
  • Upvote 11
  • Sad 1
  • I Agree 5

I would love to know how his Walmart is always stocked with things. I tried a week and a half ago to get more plastic eggs and everywhere around me was sold out. It seems like he always does things at the last minute too. 

I save my plastic eggs every year too, but we only have about 20 of them and few larger ones saved from the surprise eggs. 

I don't know how the kids are able to tell apart some of the purple/pink eggs from each other. They looked nearly identical. 

I hope the kids had fun. Claudia getting cuddles from her aunt was precious. She looked like she was really needing it too. 

• Upvote 4

46 minutes ago, can'tstopwatching said:

I cannot believe the waste in this family. 

They are really leaning into the American stereotypes. It's pretty gross to me to watch him spend so much money on such useless junk. Even his car is junky. Why would anyone do that to their work vehicle? 

46 minutes ago, can'tstopwatching said:

He's making things harder for himself, while also doing a shitty job, and it's frustrating to watch.

It would have been way easier and more fun for everyone if he'd just loaded everyone up for a Sunday morning hunt at one the many parks in the area that hosted them. If he wanted to do Easter baskets, do them for the kids who are too old to do the easter egg hunt, and make them all the same. Or buy them prefilled and save everything that's not edible for next year. No one remembers childhood easter baskets. 

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 1

57 minutes ago, can'tstopwatching said:

Meanwhile I'm over here wondering what happened to the plastic refillable eggs from last year??? Thrown out, no doubt. He says at the end of the shopping that he knows he should be saving the eggs every year but he doesn't. And just sooooo much candy.

Well, when it's other people's money he doesn't learn to appreciate it and be frugal with it. It's an insult to the subscribers that he is so frivolous with the money he gets. He doesn't have a humble bone in his body. He'll never learn responsibility as long as people do everything for him.  

His thinking is I can just spend money on anything and I don't have to be careful with it becasue I'll just get more. He expects it. 

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 4

9 minutes ago, Maggie Mae said:

They are really leaning into the American stereotypes. It's pretty gross to me to watch him spend so much money on such useless junk. Even his car is junky. Why would anyone do that to their work vehicle? 

It would have been way easier and more fun for everyone if he'd just loaded everyone up for a Sunday morning hunt at one the many parks in the area that hosted them. If he wanted to do Easter baskets, do them for the kids who are too old to do the easter egg hunt, and make them all the same. Or buy them prefilled and save everything that's not edible for next year. No one remembers childhood easter baskets. 

I take my kids to the local Easter egg hunt and I find that I have to throw away 30-40% of what they get because it's really shitty candy. i don't let my kids eat suckers, jolly ranchers, rock hard bubble gum, jaw breakers, etc. We do it for the fun of it, but not for the candy factor. Sometimes I pay to participate in these things. 

I'm the type of person who probably spends too much. I bought my kids nice baskets from Pottery Barn Kids that we have used every year since they were born.People tried to warn me and said they'll just get ruined and stick to cheap baskets, but I find that I tend to care for things much more when it's something I care about. 

I buy my kids a new Easter outfit every year because it's what my mother did and it's part of the tradition for me. Sure, they could wear something they already have, but It's what I want to do. I'm sure my kids don't care. 

I suppose if he saved the eggs, that he could do a small Easter basket for each kid. 

• Upvote 4

2 minutes ago, MillieJo said:

I take my kids to the local Easter egg hunt and I find that I have to throw away 30-40% of what they get because it's really shitty candy. i don't let my kids eat suckers, jolly ranchers, rock hard bubble gum, jaw breakers, etc. We do it for the fun of it, but not for the candy factor. Sometimes I pay to participate in these things. 

Okay, but who cares? The point is the experience, running around with other kids, seeing how many eggs they find, etc. I doubt Tom is going to get up early and hide eggs in his tiny cluttered house, plus what if they don't find all the eggs? There are just too many kids for that to be fun at all in that house. Everyone climbing on top of each other and no way to move around quickly. 

2 minutes ago, MillieJo said:

I'm the type of person who probably spends too much. I bought my kids nice baskets from Pottery Barn Kids that we have used every year since they were born.People tried to warn me and said they'll just get ruined and stick to cheap baskets, but I find that I tend to care for things much more when it's something I care about. 

Well, yeah. But Tom's not going to spend a cent more on anything for the kids. Neither him or Andrea every understood the concept of buying something nice and taking care of it. Andrea always bought and tossed and Tom does the same. 

I remember exactly two things about easter: not wanting to eat my candy because I never really liked candy, and especially not the ones shaped like animals, and being so annoyed that my parents were insisting I do an egg hunt after I specifically said I didn't want to look for eggs that year because I was too old and it was dumb and boring. (My parents had a long pattern of never actually listening to any boundaries that I tried to set up, nor listening to what I wanted to do.) I just don't see the point of Easter, like, at all. It's such a weird holiday. A giant bunny comes and takes your eggs out of the fridge and hides them around the house? Why? What purpose does that serve? Why the candy? Rabbits should not eat candy. 

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 5

I agree that doing things so repetitively and so predictably makes for a boring life for these  kids- most of whom are too old for that stuff anyway! I didn’t watch the video, but I hope he didn’t make the teenagers hunt for plastic eggs! 
There is never any surprises or spontaneity in their days. No wonder they can’t answer a question like “ what is your favorite memory “ because they live a Groundhog Day Life!!!   
How fun would it have been if he filled the baskets with lunch food and snacks and took them out to a State Park for a hike and a picnic??  To see something other than their god forsaken back yard or house!! 
He has that nice van , he can take out the last seat and have enough room for bikes in there.  Even if they have to take turns riding bikes 2 at a time, they would see something for once! 

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 3

...who's this? ?

Featured in the Easter egg video at 5:20 and then 6:40. He was oddly nice to the little girl and then even pet her dog. She also happened to have her own color eggs just like the Mills kids.

579870676_ScreenShot2021-04-05at12_59_33PM.png

• Upvote 1

20 hours ago, nora said:

...who's this? ?

Featured in the Easter egg video at 5:20 and then 6:40. He was oddly nice to the little girl and then even pet her dog. She also happened to have her own color eggs just like the Mills kids.

579870676_ScreenShot2021-04-05at12_59_33PM.png

I'm pretty sure that is his sister Melanie's daughter. 

• Upvote 2
  • Thank You 3

Tom has been going live a lot lately for short times and seemingly with no purpose. Nothing is even said during them, he doesn’t seem interested or anything. I’m wondering if things are rocky but not entirely over with the girlfriend, and he keeps going live to see if she’ll show.

I dunno, sounds like something I would’ve done in middle school. Which is usually a good indication that Tom would do it as an adult. 

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 3
  • Thank You 2

12 hours ago, WhatAlife said:

No idea who that is. Also doesn’t seem to be in their own back yard?

I'm pretty sure that is Grandma Kitty's backyard.  She is pretty rural.

• Upvote 1
  • Thank You 1

16 hours ago, can'tstopwatching said:

Tom has been going live a lot lately for short times and seemingly with no purpose.

I'll give Tom a purpose.How about new sneakers for Solomon?!

• Upvote 8

59 minutes ago, SIngingforsupper said:

I'll give Tom a purpose.How about new sneakers for Solomon?!

He is so lazy. You just know he's going to jobs in Gillette, and running through fast food stores there. He could easily pop into Walmart and do an exchange. I really just don't understand the way they live. How is he OK with such mediocrity? How was Andrea not going insane being trapped in that tiny house 24/7 other than a monthly trip to Walmart? ICK.  How are these adults OK with buying junk for themselves before haircuts, clothing, soap, and healthy food for their children? 

Are the weekly trips to the local store a Tom thing or did Andrea do them? I don't remember her going live so often. 

• Upvote 4

Tom does lives so often, purely for the money it generates.The channel wasn't monetised when Andrea was alive. She always resisted that and Tom went along with it, but the moment she died, he saw dollar signs, and abandoned their principles pretty fast. 

They were/are both lazy, selfish, incompetent parents and teachers. Anything for an easy life, as long as they both got to do the things they were interested in. Things they decided that the children would be interested in too - to conform to their gender stereotypes.The girls would do sewing, cooking and the boys would have the video games, magic night for example. So rigid in all their thinking- no concept that their children were unique individuals, not clones of their parents. 

Tom is leaving Asher in charge all day, every day..Tom also won' t sit and have a meal with them now and escapes any chance he gets. Tom is fed up 'adulting' now - the children are bringing up themselves. A sad, sad, situation all round and I can't see anything changing , as he always thinks he is right about everything  and won't try anything new. Heck, he won't even buy Solly some new shoes or trousers.What an excuse for a father.

• Upvote 15
  • Sad 1
  • Love 1

I think Andrea had untreated anxiety and Tom has untreated depression. What frustrates me is their stubbornness in not seeking out help. The coping mechanisms they developed are terrible. 

Edited by Pleiades_06
  • Upvote 11
  • I Agree 2

2 hours ago, Heathr Rose said:

They were/are both lazy, selfish, incompetent parents and teachers. Anything for an easy life, as long as they both got to do the things they were interested in. Things they decided that the children would be interested in too - to conform to their gender stereotypes.The girls would do sewing, cooking and the boys would have the video games, magic night for example. So rigid in all their thinking- no concept that their children were unique individuals, not clones of their parents. 

Yes, all of this! Tom is going to be supporting the kids very long term. The kids are so stunted and undereducated.

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 6

3 hours ago, SIngingforsupper said:

Yes, all of this! Tom is going to be supporting the kids very long term. The kids are so stunted and undereducated.

He probably realizes this on some level and that's why he's hoarding the GoFundMe money. Well, and he's a selfish a**hole.

• Upvote 4

10 hours ago, Maggie Mae said:

Are the weekly trips to the local store a Tom thing or did Andrea do them? I don't remember her going live so often.

AFAIK Andrea did the weekly shopping at Diehl's as well, but it certainly wasn't live every week. I think some were in her vlogs. Tom only started doing them live every week when he started to monetize and wanted that money but was too lazy to edit.

• Upvote 8