IGNORED

Mills 18: Marrying Off Maggie Mae to Tom So the Kids Eat A Vegetable

nelliebelle1197

One of my sisters asked me if I’d heard of the crazy mom with a ton of kids who chooses a color for them and everything they have then has to be that color. They live in a filthy house with with kids in unsafe conditions. The mom refuses to get the kids medical care unless it cannot be avoided. They homeschool but it is more of an excuse to keep the kids isolated and under her thumb. And mostly she seems sweet but occasionally she will let people know she has some pretty horrific beliefs.

I said yes I’d read all about Andrea Mills and she said no, she was talking about This Mad Mama. There is another mother out there who is remarkably like Andrea. One of the children has cancer and she ignored the symptoms until the child was in a lot of pain and she finally caved and took him to the ER. 

Anyway, I was just surprised to find there is Andrea Mills 2.0. What has ever happened with the Mills? Anyone keep up with them?

• Upvote 4
  • Sad 4
  • Thank You 2

A 90-min "random live chat" from last week.  I watched the subtitles without audio.  Many Bothans braincells died to bring you this information.

Thomas has apparently moved out but Tom doesn't want to talk about it except to say that it's a big deal in their family....Thomas does not want to be sent anything (people offered) and asked Tom to tell everyone not to send anything.

He hasn't introduced his lady friend on YT and probably isn't going to.  He won't say whether or not they have plans to get married.

He's still trying to get into a "routine" even though it's been three years; he knows there's so many things he could be doing but he doesn't have the energy, he wants to revamp the chore system, but he doesn't have a plan right now, he's just "shooting from the hip".  He's spending most of his free time with his girlfriend.

Maybe "one of these days" he'd take the kids camping but it would be hard and involve lots of packing.

His girlfriend is much much healthier than he is.  He gets excited about a new flavor of chip but the kids wouldn't try it and they won't try new flavors of ice cream...She made unstuffed peppers and pasta salad but that didn't go over too well.  He promises that "someday" he will make a Mills family cookbook..

He has been doing fewer vlogs because it's a "lot of work" and it takes time to edit and upload and approve every single comment.

Then he posted a bunch of old pictures.

• Upvote 5
  • Sad 2
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Thank You 8

Thank you! I’m glad Thomas is moving out and setting boundaries with the crazy YouTube followers. I hope he is able to successfully make it on his own,  all these kids have so much to overcome to be able to succeed in life. 

I’m amazed he has managed to keep a girlfriend. I could sort of understand if it was someone seeking YouTube fame, but since she is never shown, that can’t be it. I hope she provides some stability for the children. 

• Upvote 10

How long has he been with this lady friend?

On 7/31/2022 at 2:09 PM, formergothardite said:

One of my sisters asked me if I’d heard of the crazy mom with a ton of kids who chooses a color for them and everything they have then has to be that color. They live in a filthy house with with kids in unsafe conditions. The mom refuses to get the kids medical care unless it cannot be avoided. They homeschool but it is more of an excuse to keep the kids isolated and under her thumb. And mostly she seems sweet but occasionally she will let people know she has some pretty horrific beliefs.

I said yes I’d read all about Andrea Mills and she said no, she was talking about This Mad Mama. There is another mother out there who is remarkably like Andrea. One of the children has cancer and she ignored the symptoms until the child was in a lot of pain and she finally caved and took him to the ER. 

Anyway, I was just surprised to find there is Andrea Mills 2.0. What has ever happened with the Mills? Anyone keep up with them?

Thanks for the heads up about Thismadmama, that was an interesting  rabbit hole. She reminds me too of the Radfords since she had a baby at 14 and religion is not her reason for wanting a big family. I am curious about what are the horrific beliefs? i saw she claims to be agnostic.

Edited by llucie
to add
  • Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/1/2022 at 9:26 AM, Bluebirdbluebell said:

How long has he been with this lady friend?

Guess for about a year ?

• Thank You 2

• 5 weeks later...

Justus is enrolled in public high school! Apparently he wanted to go out of his own volition. He’s brave! I hope it works out 

• Upvote 16
  • I Agree 3
  • Thank You 5
  • Love 1

10 minutes ago, Pleiades_06 said:

Justus is enrolled in public high school! Apparently he wanted to go out of his own volition. He’s brave! I hope it works out 

I hope this gives some of the younger kids the urge to go to school. 

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 9

11 hours ago, Pleiades_06 said:

I just came here to say this!!!  I am happy for Justus.  Apparently he asked to go, and Tom agreed.  He is in 9th grade and was concerned that he may not know all he needed, but he took tests and tested at average/above average so he was happy.  Tom said he is getting As and Bs, and Tom said he is really proud of him (which was nice).  I am actually really impressed with Tom for letting Justice do this - we know Andrea would have never permitted it.  I still wouldn't call Tom "dad of the year" but I am seeing some growth.

In other news, Asher works for Tom some in the office, and sometimes goes on calls with him. Tom said he is paid.  I am happy Asher is at least getting to learn some new skills and not regulated to 'backup parent' as he seemed to be right after Andrea died.  He has his driver's license now.

Tom still has a girlfriend, but she is not from Idaho.  Tom said she is "amazing" and he loves her a lot.

Thomas apparently still works at the grocery store, recently got a raise, is salaried so he works a lot, and still manages to see the rest of the family almost every day.  Tom said he does not have a roommate.  He also apparently made a lasagna.  I am also happy that Thomas seems to be doing well on his own.  One of the kids said that Thomas doesn't really clean his stove much unless someone else does it. LOL.

Judah had a palette expander and another device, and will get braces - I am still shocked that any of these kids are getting dental and orthodontics treatments.  Another thing that would never have happened if Andrea was still alive.  He has his driver's permit now.

I didn't watch the whole video because... #boring... but I didn't seem to see any comments from or mention of Rachel Day. Has the #! Mills Fan moved on?

It was Taco Tuesday when the video was shot.  Tom said it is the one day a week that he allows the kids to have a soda.  

• Upvote 6
  • Thank You 6

11 hours ago, Pleiades_06 said:

Good for him. I hope it works out & he makes a ton of friends. 

• Upvote 9

Is this girlfriend an influence? Maybe she believes in dental care and public schools. 

• Upvote 4

4 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Is this girlfriend an influence? Maybe she believes in dental care and public schools. 

He started getting them dental care like five minutes after Andrea died, IIRC. I think that is one thing he does actually care about but they couldn't afford, and so he was fine with Andrea doing it. Or maybe he thought she actually knew what she was doing and he had no desire to do it. I have several relatives who are in the dental industry and I have zero interest in looking in anyone else's mouth, although I will watch extreme dental work on youtube. It's a smell thing for me. 

• Upvote 5

On 9/13/2022 at 10:56 PM, JermajestyDuggar said:

I hope this gives some of the younger kids the urge to go to school. 

I hope it helps Tom to see the benefits of public school and that it’s not some horrible thing. Maybe big this goes well he will end up sending them all.

• Upvote 12
  • I Agree 2

I was just listening to the latest news about the despicable Alex Jones, owner and spreader of the false news that the Sandy Hook Massacre wasn't real.  Idiots like Andrea believed it and spread it further.  That's the danger of these liars  and idiots who believe them - lives are ruined once with the actual crime and then ruined again when the victims' families are harassed to the point of suicide in one case. I hope Alex Jones loses everything and spends the rest of his life living in a cardboard box.  Not even kidding. Grrrrr....

I'm glad at least one of Andrea's kids gets to go to real school. That never would have happened if she was still in charge. (Not happy that she suffered and died, but I definitely think she was a negative influence on innocent kids.  Maybe Tom has a little more common sense than I thought.)

• Upvote 6
  • Thank You 1

52 minutes ago, Caroline said:

Maybe Tom has a little more common sense than I thought.)

I think his defining features are that he is incredibly lazy, cheap, and selfish. Justice going to school is one less PACE packet to grade, and one more kid out of the house for the majority of the day. I'm surprised he doesn't send them all just for the free meals - that's two fewer meals he has to deal with. Of course, one of them is breakfast, so he wouldn't be able to force his weird sugar cereals on his kids. There's no way they wouldn't be eligible for reduced/free lunch. 

I wish Judah could have gone to one of those tech high schools and been encouraged to go into welding or a different trade. 

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 3

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/14/2022 at 12:53 PM, JermajestyDuggar said:

Her kids are supposedly in public school.  Doubt very much she wants to take on homeschooling Tom's brood all day.  Especially if she is young. 

Anyone else notice the sudden influx of videos Tom's been doing lately?  His YouTube money and donations must be drying up.

• Upvote 4
  • Thank You 1

On 10/2/2022 at 6:27 PM, olduglywoman said:

Anyone else notice the sudden influx of videos Tom's been doing lately?  His YouTube money and donations must be drying up.

Inflation... increased costs are hurting us all!  Tom has to pay for his techy toys somehow!

• Upvote 1

On 9/14/2022 at 7:38 AM, Jana814 said:

On 9/14/2022 at 7:38 AM, Jana814 said:

Justice and Eden always seemed really close.  I hope he convinces Eden to also attend public school.

I haven’t watched Tom’s boring videos in months but Eden was usually so alone and so quiet.  She should be giggling with her group of girl friends.

• Upvote 7

Seems like april got married to a much nicer guy and moved into a very very nice house! I am so glad that woman made it out of there . I feel for toms new gf, she will be there to cook and clean and to go to walmart all whilst evading foot fungus . 

• Upvote 9
  • Thank You 2

On 10/9/2022 at 7:24 AM, ven said:

Seems like april got married to a much nicer guy and moved into a very very nice house! I am so glad that woman made it out of there . I feel for toms new gf, she will be there to cook and clean and to go to walmart all whilst evading foot fungus . 

April seemed very clingy and stalkerish when she was with Tom.  She was way too desperate to insert herself into the Mills circus.  As I recall she had a good bit of her own money and a huge home if her own, which might be how the new nice house is being funded.  For the sake of her kids, I hope her new husband is truly a good match for and not just a warm body.  

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 2

• 2 weeks later...

Tom should be marrying new cinderella soon . And we are here for it. Hm hmm bringing young kids into that shitshed. Hannah no longer the only kid getting attention.  Somebody noticing nobody actually eats at pizza night besides tom who is only full of himself . Asher who finally gets a parentification break and solly's stimmings  noticed. I am very here for it. 

• Upvote 1
  • Rufus Bless 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/19/2022 at 4:49 PM, ven said:

Tom should be marrying new cinderella soon . And we are here for it. Hm hmm bringing young kids into that shitshed. Hannah no longer the only kid getting attention.  Somebody noticing nobody actually eats at pizza night besides tom who is only full of himself . Asher who finally gets a parentification break and solly's stimmings  noticed. I am very here for it. 

Maybe, although if the girlfriend already has kids she may be too overwhelmed to notice. And if she's young, she and Tom may have their own kids. I certainly hope things get better, but I'm not overly optimistic.

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 1

I think the girlfriend is on camera in the hannah birthday video, she sits with a little blond girl on the bench. She has the same bangle (?) On het right arm as was shown on the tom shaving video. The voice sound similar so that is my guess

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, ven said:

I think the girlfriend is on camera in the hannah birthday video, she sits with a little blond girl on the bench. She has the same bangle (?) On het right arm as was shown on the tom shaving video. The voice sound similar so that is my guess

Do you by chance have a time stamp for where she appears?  I don't want to sit through 40 minutes of of of Tom's videos.  Lol.