IGNORED

Mills 18: Marrying Off Maggie Mae to Tom So the Kids Eat A Vegetable

nelliebelle1197

10 hours ago, Maggie Mae said:

Andrea and Tom didn't take care of themselves, nor their house, nor their possessions. Bikes are just left outdoors, the house is a disaster, dishes are always in the sink, the expensive pizza oven is disgusting. The paint was chipping off the beds when they made the video of the kids room, the paint was always chipped in the kitchen, the clothes are always dirty and wrinkled and faded. Shoes are untied, hair is unkempt, the fence is falling down, the inside of Tom's car is absolutely disgusting, they don't bathe regularly, atrocious diet. Tom just throws his clothes on the floor, his coat on the table, they brush crumbs onto the floor and don't clean the floors. Kids learn what they see. They aren't being raised to value themselves or treat their bodies correctly. Andrea should have been taking them to doctors appointments, to stores, telling them what clothes are appropriate in what situation. They needed to be out in the world, doing things, interacting with humans, building their immune systems and learning from things they see other people do. 

Yes, absolutely 100% this.

• Upvote 7

That house looks custom built for the Mills! Not too big that they'd all get lost, but big enough to fit, and it looks like they'd never even have to leave which we know they don't do anyway. Oh god, the Nelson kids' names make me so nauseous I can't even hate-watch them.

Am I being petty, or does the way Tom sweeps all the stock of a certain item off of Walmart's shelves into his cart bother anyone else? I realize his family is big, and that they need more items than an average family (despite Tom simultaneously trying to convince everyone that having many kids is NOT more expensive, lol). Like the amount of milk jugs doesn't bother me, it seems understandable for a big milk-drinking family. But they way he'll take, like, every single peanut butter cookie brownie box mix off the shelf, or every single cherry jello, oftentimes just to hoard in his basement, kind of annoys me! And then HE gets pissed if they're out of stock of something he wants, but he takes all the stock away from everyone else who probably only need one or two each instead of 10. It comes off as very selfish to me. I think he needs to do more online ordering.

• Upvote 12
  • I Agree 7
  • Love 3

23 hours ago, Maggie Mae said:

Andrea and Tom didn't take care of themselves, nor their house, nor their possessions. Bikes are just left outdoors, the house is a disaster, dishes are always in the sink, the expensive pizza oven is disgusting. The paint was chipping off the beds when they made the video of the kids room, the paint was always chipped in the kitchen, the clothes are always dirty and wrinkled and faded. Shoes are untied, hair is unkempt, the fence is falling down, the inside of Tom's car is absolutely disgusting, they don't bathe regularly, atrocious diet. Tom just throws his clothes on the floor, his coat on the table, they brush crumbs onto the floor and don't clean the floors. Kids learn what they see. They aren't being raised to value themselves or treat their bodies correctly. 

It just confuses me so much, how little they resemble any family I've ever seen before. 

The lack of care reminds me of the Nauglers. Without the court order I doubt those kids would have seen a doctor either. The Mills are ahead in that they have water, some education and sewage - the Nogs are ahead with no 24/7 Bible, clothes that they can choose and a lot more individual self-expression.

Both are behind mostly because they have parents who don't care enough to step up.

• Upvote 11
  • Sad 2

1 hour ago, can'tstopwatching said:

Am I being petty, or does the way Tom sweeps all the stock of a certain item off of Walmart's shelves into his cart bother anyone else?

Literally everything he does annoys me. The way he picks up things from the shelves annoys me, he's so destructive.

1 hour ago, can'tstopwatching said:

I think he needs to do more online ordering.

Me too. But he's all "I don't have time" even though it would save him time. He says he'd still have to enter the store to get things that weren't on the list or the store was out of. But it's as though he can't comprehend the concept that going in to get 6 things takes less time than 600 things. 

It also would save him a ton of time in the long run, because (at least at what used to be Safeway) you can save your lists. The fact that he already has that list would help him. It would be a matter of logging in (hard for tom, guy complained about his phone locking) and using the list he has to find the items online. Then once he has that set up, he can use his list to check inventory, and mark how many of each item he needs. He could do it in the background while he does other things, or waiting for stuff to install. He could teach his kids to help - have a Thursday chore be "figure out which groceries we need" - divide up the list and just have them report what they need. 

They could order pet food online and subscribe so it comes automatically. He could do the same with a lot of items, like snacks, ramon, shelf stable stuff. 

He does the big shops because he likes to play cart tetris and he is afraid of change. 

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 4

1 hour ago, Maggie Mae said:

Literally everything he does annoys me. The way he picks up things from the shelves annoys me, he's so destructive.

Yeah, I think that's a big part of it. He shoves aside every box and can near the item he wants, then chucks the entire stock of what he wants into the cart and leaves the shelf a mess. Part of it is because he's using one hand so he can film it all, which is just so weird. At 12:13 he literally pushes a box of chips to the ground so he can slide the identical one underneath it onto the floor with one hand. The man is an ogre. Also, he groans the whole time, just... why

• Upvote 7
  • WTF 4
  • I Agree 3

17 hours ago, can'tstopwatching said:

Yeah, I think that's a big part of it. He shoves aside every box and can near the item he wants, then chucks the entire stock of what he wants into the cart and leaves the shelf a mess. Part of it is because he's using one hand so he can film it all, which is just so weird. At 12:13 he literally pushes a box of chips to the ground so he can slide the identical one underneath it onto the floor with one hand. The man is an ogre. Also, he groans the whole time, just... why

Probably smells like an ogre, too. Wait, I don't want to insult ogres. 

• Upvote 5
  • Haha 4
  • I Agree 1

19 hours ago, can'tstopwatching said:

It reminds me of watching people play those VR games like surgeon simulator. Just a lack of dexterity and use of the "grasp" function. He's just so nasty and rude and entitled and obnoxious and (likely) smelly.  

I ordered groceries last night because I needed a bunch of stuff. It's such a time saver, they put them right into the car for you. So yeah, I might have to wait 15 minutes or so in my car, but I don't have to spend the time to go inside, get a cart (which I hate pushing around because I'm very weird), navigate the cart to the pet food aisle, load up on my birdseeds and cat litter, get my groceries, go all the way to the other side of the store for one or two things, then wait in line, then check out. I know it sounds like I am profoundly lazy but I just really hate shopping. It's annoying. Plus I always find myself wasting time trying to decide between two things I didn't plan on getting in the first place. 

He would save SO much time - even if he did have to go in to grab things that were missed or whatever. Even if he had to also stop at Albertsons for produce (hahahaha). 

Notes on the shopping trip I skimmed through this AM

• tom thinks cosmic brownies are called "classic brownies." 
  • Tom had them open a lane for him because he insists on shopping at night when only the self-scan is open. Again, this is a really good reason for him to do at least half of his order online. 
  • They bought individual "juice" type drinks for everyone and tom thought they were "really cheap" at $1.49/each. That's $15 for one drink each. He could buy koolaid packets and experience the same amount of nutritional value at whatever the going rate is for colored sugar, but probably less than a dollar for gallons of it. 
  • Tom bought himself a water pik for $70, they are like $25 online and he's never going to use it anyway. 
  • Tons and tons of chips and snacks were purchased. Judah and Asher "helped" and tom called himself "daddy" the entire time was is just SO gross. They are 15 and 17. 

It took them SO long to do the shopping. They could easily cut that in half if they ditched the cart Tetris, got two carts to start with, and just followed the list. Watching him bumble around the store is so frustrating. 

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 1
  • I Agree 5
  • Thank You 9

I remember Andrea would make online Walmart orders for large items.  Toilet paper, paper towels, boxes of chips, and more.  Tomcat might want to do that, it would make shopping easier.  Oh what am I thinking, this is Tomcat we are talking about!  He has to make things look harder for The YouTube People!  

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 3
  • Thank You 1

Maggie Mae!!   You don’t like in store shopping??!!  Why, it’s the Mills’ once -a -month and once-a-week  favorite activity!!! How on earth will you fit in if you don’t enjoy such attractions like stacking merchandise in a cart or picking out a candy bar ????

• Haha 15

8 minutes ago, WhatAlife said:

Maggie Mae!!   You don’t like in store shopping??!!  Why, it’s the Mills’ once -a -month and once-a-week  favorite activity!!! How on earth will you fit in if you don’t enjoy such attractions like stacking merchandise in a cart or picking out a candy bar ????

Shhhhh, I also don't care for anime. I've tried. It's just not my thing. Studio Ghibli films aside, most don't hold my interest for very long. 

I also prefer men who are kind, have empathy, aren't interested in traditional gender roles, with good hygiene. Men whose lifestyles are compatible with my own, who enjoy travel, trying new things, cooking, discussing current events, who go to bed at reasonable time so they can get up and do things to maintain their health and employment. 

• Upvote 18

Back to another woe-is-me live, Honestly that man doesn't want to grow up. He's still disorganised with everything. He had to get a SS number for Hannah- seems she was never registered. I don't know about the US system, but where we are registration has to be done within 3 weeks of the birth.Hannah will be 3 in a month's time. He needed to find  more info to take with him and by the time he drove 2 hours to the office, it was closed.

A subscriber was offering the family free Disney tickets.He says the kids need more fun , field tripsand craft activities, but he can't budget like Andrea did . Just what CAN he do for his children? How does he think the rest of us manage?

In short he doesn't plan for anything, just muddles on from day to day. He is a child in a man's body. He really has made no progress since Andrea died . He won't try. Of course, he thought he would be remarried by now .Seems he is having trouble attracting anybody- can't think why......

• Upvote 10
  • Sad 1
  • Eyeroll 1
  • I Agree 5
  • Thank You 5
  • Love 1

15 hours ago, WhatAlife said:

Yeah, you take away shopping and there goes 4/5 of the Mills kids' social life.

• Upvote 9
  • Sad 4
  • I Agree 2

Tom had a very whiny and "sad" video of him worrying about his bills. He said he can't budget like Andrea did even though he's trying.

He also said he wants to take the kids on a vacation but that means "the income will stop during that time". He wants to save more money in savings for times like this when there wouldn't be money coming in. He HAS money saved up!!! He has more than a lot of people do. He is an insufferable, lazy, man child.  

He's now just realizing how expensive his insurance  and gas is for his shiny new 15 passenger van? I believe no matter how much he has he will not have enough becasue he is careless with money, like he is with everything else. Hey, you want to own a $50,000 van then the expenses go with it. You want to buy higher end things, your money goes away faster.

As my Grandfather would say "Your eyes are bigger than your wallet". You can't buy up everything you see that you want if you don't have the means to pay for it or maintain it.

This has come down to Tom is now living past his means! He has money, he just spends it foolish and wants strangers to pick up the flack for him being an immature, materialistic, idiot! How much more entitled can he become?

Then he said he talked about how the kids have helped him a lot and he said "I shouldn't put the burden of THE WIFE or the other half of our existence, all one hundred percent on the kids" .

The burden of the wife? He really thinks he is just some victim who lost his wife and that the only tragedy is that she isn't there to shoulder all the "burden" of running a household and taking care of the kids? 

Tom needs to get off his his lazy butt and learn how to be self sufficient. He's way too old to keep putting on this charade of  the helpless husband. He knows how to do things, he just doesn't want to. "It's not his job"

Edited by Itsjustme
  • Upvote 11
  • I Agree 7
  • Thank You 5

34 minutes ago, Itsjustme said:

Tom had a very whiny and "sad" video of him worrying about his bills. He said he can't budget like Andrea did even though he's trying.

He also said he wants to take the kids on a vacation but that means "the income will stop during that time". He wants to save more money in savings for times like this when there wouldn't be money coming in. He HAS money saved up!!! He has more than a lot of people do. He is an insufferable, lazy, man child.  

He's now just realizing how expensive his insurance  and gas is for his shiny new 15 passenger van? I believe no matter how much he has he will not have enough becasue he is careless with money, like he is with everything else. Hey, you want to own a $50,000 van then the expenses go with it. You want to buy higher end things, your money goes away faster.

As my Grandfather would say "Your eyes are bigger than your wallet". You can't buy up everything you see that you want if you don't have the means to pay for it or maintain it.

This has come down to Tom is now living past his means! He has money, he just spends it foolish and wants strangers to pick up the flack for him being an immature, materialistic, idiot! How much more entitled can he become?

Then he said he talked about how the kids have helped him a lot and he said "I shouldn't put the burden of THE WIFE or the other half of our existence, all one hundred percent on the kids" .

The burden of the wife? He really thinks he is just some victim who lost his wife and that the only tragedy is that she isn't there to shoulder all the "burden" of running a household and taking care of the kids? 

Tom needs to get off his his lazy butt and learn how to be self sufficient. He's way too old to keep putting on this charade of  the helpless husband. He knows how to do things, he just doesn't want to. "It's not his job"

Right?  His last Walmart haul was over $800 and the only foods not  junk food were a few bags of frozen chicken and some cans of fruit.  The rest was all garbage. He did buy a $79 tooth pick thing.

• Upvote 10
  • Sad 6
  • I Agree 1

1 hour ago, louannems said:

He did buy a $79 tooth pick thing.

I wonder if the dentist recommended he get that. Yuck imagine what his teeth looked like if the dentist had to tell him to get a water pik ??  

• Upvote 7

1 hour ago, Itsjustme said:

I wonder if the dentist recommended he get that. Yuck imagine what his teeth looked like if the dentist had to tell him to get a water pik ??  

It's not like he's going to  use it for more than a few days, tops. The dentist should have told him to get a sonic care and teach him how to floss. Which Tom probably won't do either. 

3 hours ago, Itsjustme said:

Thanks for watching. 

Tom could really use some sort of redirection in his thoughts. It's not about "the wife" being responsible for running a household. I don't see any problem with giving some responsibility toward themselves and the other members of their family. Everyone should be contributing - they should be learning how to be responsible for their own things, to clean up after themselves, and to prepare for life. It might not be "fair" to assign the older kids chores like "make one meal per week" but it's also not unheard of, even in smaller families. (As long as the parents are paying for the ingredients and providing guidance and support in the kitchen.) 

Tom, as head of household and a partner in a marriage, should have been taking more of an active interest in his household 19 years ago. 

I'm concerned about Tom's ability to run his business. I hope he's paying himself from his LLC or whatever, and not just looking at it as "WOOO MONEY" because that's going to get him in trouble. I know Andrea mentioned that she paid herself, and gave Tom and allowance out of that money, but Tom just isn't very bright or detail orientated. He's lazy and sexist and boring. 

• Upvote 16
  • I Agree 4

I don't even watch the local shopping anymore. It's so boring. I used to watch them mainly because I like to see that the kids are okay. I don't know how people can tune in every week for the live. 

I thought about sending Solomon some gifts for his birthday, but I know I shouldn't. 

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 1

Skimmed through the newest live. Someone suggested he get those "little live pets" or whatever they're called for the kids for easter, specifically little chicks. Ogre read it wrong and assumed they were talking about actual chicks and says he has a friend who owns a "bunch of baby ones" so he'd just take the kids there to pet them and, this next part made me rage, "break a bunch of little girls' hearts" AND THEN LAUGHED. Like, you know the younger ones are gonna wanna keep them and it makes you LAUGH because you know you're going to have to tell them no?

He's so vile. And that fake laugh he does grates on my nerves. 

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 3

13 minutes ago, Maggie Mae said:

It's not like he's going to  use it for more than a few days, tops. The dentist should have told him to get a sonic care and teach him how to floss. Which Tom probably won't do either. 

Thanks for watching. 

Tom could really use some sort of redirection in his thoughts. It's not about "the wife" being responsible for running a household. I don't see any problem with giving some responsibility toward themselves and the other members of their family. Everyone should be contributing - they should be learning how to be responsible for their own things, to clean up after themselves, and to prepare for life. It might not be "fair" to assign the older kids chores like "make one meal per week" but it's also not unheard of, even in smaller families. (As long as the parents are paying for the ingredients and providing guidance and support in the kitchen.) 

Tom, as head of household and a partner in a marriage, should have been taking more of an active interest in his household 19 years ago. 

I'm concerned about Tom's ability to run his business. I hope he's paying himself from his LLC or whatever, and not just looking at it as "WOOO MONEY" because that's going to get him in trouble. I know Andrea mentioned that she paid herself, and gave Tom and allowance out of that money, but Tom just isn't very bright or detail orientated. He's lazy and sexist and boring. 

Yeah, for someone who insists that they are type A and smart, he sure isn't demonstrating it through his words and actions. 

2 minutes ago, oneandonlytara said:

Skimmed through the newest live. Someone suggested he get those "little live pets" or whatever they're called for the kids for easter, specifically little chicks. Ogre read it wrong and assumed they were talking about actual chicks and says he has a friend who owns a "bunch of baby ones" so he'd just take the kids there to pet them and, this next part made me rage, "break a bunch of little girls' hearts" AND THEN LAUGHED. Like, you know the younger ones are gonna wanna keep them and it makes you LAUGH because you know you're going to have to tell them no?

He's so vile. And that fake laugh he does grates on my nerves. 

Such an asshat

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 1

How in the world can he have money problems right now? He made over $73,000 on his gofundme, and as we established, he just got at least $14,000 in stimulus payments. He doesn't buy name brand clothing or spend money on kids sports, they don't go out to eat often, their gifts for birthdays and holidays are minimal, and he spends under $1k a month on groceries. There's NO way he is running out of money, unless he's gambling it away or buying hookers..

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 1

5 minutes ago, traysd123 said:

Oh, and he's been pretty miserable lately, Im guessing the new woman didn't work out..

Lol, that's what happens when you're a sleaze ball. 

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 2

6 minutes ago, traysd123 said:

How in the world can he have money problems right now? He made over $73,000 on his gofundme, and as we established, he just got at least $14,000 in stimulus payments. He doesn't buy name brand clothing or spend money on kids sports, they don't go out to eat often, their gifts for birthdays and holidays are minimal, and he spends under $1k a month on groceries. There's NO way he is running out of money, unless he's gambling it away or buying hookers..

We only see what he shows us. I know he has a Tommy Hilfiger jacket that he wears. he said someone sent it to him but I doubt that, he lies a lot. 

Who knows what he buys that we don't see. He just bought a smart microwave. There's no need for that, he could have just bought  a normal microwave. Same as he could have bought a regular couch, and a regular van. He's VERY materialistic. 

He's not hurting for money he just wants people to foot the bill for a vacation so he plays the poor  me bit. He admitted he didn't budget so in other words he's buying things frivolously and spending too much.  If anything,  he has TOO much money and he's being careless with it.

Those are mistakes you make when you are younger, not when you are 44 years old and have 9 children.

• Upvote 15
  • I Agree 3
  • Thank You 1

23 minutes ago, traysd123 said:

Well, my guess is that he used a large chuck of it to pay for the van outright instead of having a car payment. Andrea & Tom probably trashed their credit (she said she put groceries on the credit card and didnt care about prices) years ago. Homeowners insurance, Andrea's medical debt, car insurance, groceries/clothing, and Tom's toys are their only line items it seems. 

• Upvote 8
  • Love 1

Did Tom get a PPP loan due to Covid? Or maybe he didn’t qualify because he didn’t lose business ?

• Upvote 5