IGNORED

Seewalds 45: Ben’s a REAL Pastor at a PRECIOUS Church!

nelliebelle1197

15 hours ago, xenobia said:

That sounds like the most plausible explanation. But the "first trimester"-text on the scan and the Christmas tree is still confusing :)

Didn't Jessa say that she put the Christmas tree up super early because of the pandemic,, to cheer them all up a bit? Maybe, by the same logic, she left it longer than usual.

• Upvote 5

10 minutes ago, Nothing if not critical said:

Didn't Jessa say that she put the Christmas tree up super early because of the pandemic,, to cheer them all up a bit? Maybe, by the same logic, she left it longer than usual.

The tree was up at the ultrasound boutique.

• Thank You 4

11 minutes ago, SassyPants said:

The tree was up at the ultrasound boutique.

Ah, sorry. Didn't catch that.

• Upvote 1

I removed my post because I realized I didn't care enough to be in the conversation. 

Edited by Bobology
  • Upvote 1
  • Confused 2
  • Eyeroll 1

On 3/30/2021 at 4:37 PM, Satan'sFortress said:

Funny--this morning, I just retook the "where are you from" dialect quiz. It was posted on NYT site. It is fascinating to me, because it nails me to a pinpoint of where I was born in Massachusetts. I moved to Texas at age 9, then moved again in my early 20s to the Mid-Atlantic.  I think it is very interesting that it still puts me in my birthplace, even though I lived there the shortest.  My kids get pegged to our current state, but do have little spikes of SE Massachusetts in them from me. :) 

Hope people can access these:

Dialect quiz

British/Irish version

Wow!  Nailed it!  Houston, Texas (home all my life until about 15 years ago) and two cities in Mississippi and Alabama that aren't far from where I live in Tennessee now.  If Arkansas was an option I probably would have gotten that one.  But NE Arkansas.  The Duggars are in NW AR and don't have nearly as much of a "southern" accent as people on the other side of the state.

Edited by watchdog
  • Upvote 4

• 3 weeks later...

I knew Spurgeon wasn't the only one out there, but was amused to see my car tech's name plate. Not named for Charles Spurgeon, I'd guess.

Resized_20210426_113505.thumb.jpeg.28831f7b3832cf217a26588ca19a9063.jpeg

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 2
  • Love 2

Last time I did the test, it nailed me as within half an hour or so of where my mom was born/spent her first few years and where I was born and spent my first quarter century. This time, it out me where she was as a kid. I'm trying to figure out what I answered differently. There is something on it that had me baffled the first time I did it. Then I met my husband who says that thing and I cracked up. 

• Upvote 1

On 3/31/2021 at 8:37 AM, Satan'sFortress said:

Funny--this morning, I just retook the "where are you from" dialect quiz. It was posted on NYT site. It is fascinating to me, because it nails me to a pinpoint of where I was born in Massachusetts. I moved to Texas at age 9, then moved again in my early 20s to the Mid-Atlantic.  I think it is very interesting that it still puts me in my birthplace, even though I lived there the shortest.  My kids get pegged to our current state, but do have little spikes of SE Massachusetts in them from me. :) 

Hope people can access these:

Dialect quiz

British/Irish version

I wish there were an Australian version!! We have such different pronunciations and terms even in my state. 

• Upvote 2

Anecdotal thread found while skimming the news on Twitter 

• Upvote 13
  • Sad 10
  • Thank You 14

13 hours ago, adidas said:

I wish there were an Australian version!! We have such different pronunciations and terms even in my state. 

I just binged Kath & Kim and I loved it. Now I want to say “noice” instead of “nice” all the time. I also like “toots sweet.” But if I said it to my kids instead of “hurry up,” they would just look at me like I had a third eye.

• Upvote 4

2 hours ago, adidas said:

It was completely wrong for both me and my hubby ? 

Got it right for me :) Go the blues. What a pleasant small break from the horror of the Smug thread. 

• Upvote 5

Go the blues!

It thinks I’m from (shudder) ACT. And it thinks hubby is from NSW ? (everyone here looks at him funny when he uses his SA terms - stobie pole, fritz, juice box).

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 2

58 minutes ago, adidas said:

Go the blues!

It thinks I’m from (shudder) ACT. And it thinks hubby is from NSW ? (everyone here looks at him funny when he uses his SA terms - stobie pole, fritz, juice box).

In act you would be shuddering about now.... cold man!!!!! 

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, AussieKrissy said:

In act you would be shuddering about now.... cold man!!!!! 

It’s freezing here too - I think we are in for a really chilly winter. Now that the drought is easing there is more humidity in the air, which makes it so much colder. 

1 hour ago, adidas said:

It’s freezing here too - I think we are in for a really chilly winter. Now that the drought is easing there is more humidity in the air, which makes it so much colder. 

We didn’t have a very hot summer. I live in the hottest city in Australia with no air con so I know when it’s a bad year. I didn’t suffer that much this year. I also didn’t notice our normal long summer where we still get 40s in March. It got cool so much earlier. I think you are right we are in for a freezing winter. 

The Seewalds commented on IG. They are praying for Josh and Anna and their family. They are part of your family, Jessa.

• Upvote 9
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, SassyPants said:

The Seewalds commented on IG. They are praying for Josh and Anna and their family. They are part of your family, Jessa.

Their statement also also equates child p0rn to legal p0rn (by consensual adults). Not a great look.

• Upvote 15
  • I Agree 2

Why do all these statements say "Whatever the truth may be." Like they think it's some type of conspiracy that Josh has these charges. ?

• Upvote 16
  • I Agree 3

1 hour ago, meep said:

Why do all these statements say "Whatever the truth may be." Like they think it's some type of conspiracy that Josh has these charges. ?

Can the family really be so blind/stupid to believe it's impossible for the charges to be true? After all the other things in Josh's past? Didn't even one of his siblings watch him a bit closer than they watched other family members with their own children? I'm pretty darned sure I would have. 

• Upvote 7

3 hours ago, SassyPants said:

That's what her parents said in both of their statements. Jessa and Ben's statement is closest to what her parents said.

• Upvote 4

3 hours ago, meep said:

I think for some of them it's wanting to hang onto the final shred of the fantasy that he couldn't have done this. For some it's about wanting to save the gravy train by whatever means necessary. For the others they're just covering their backs legally. You can't come out and say he's definitely a big old paedo if he hasn't had a trial, especially if you risk jeopardising the proceedings by doing so.

I suspect some members of the family have no doubt what he's done, and want to see him exposed in court. Some may be really triggered right now. Many will be crapping themselves about where their next paycheque is going to come from.

• Upvote 15

1 hour ago, AprilQuilt said:

I suspect some members of the family have no doubt what he's done, and want to see him exposed in court. Some may be really triggered right now. Many will be crapping themselves about where their next paycheque is going to come from.

They mostly seem to have a pretty easy life as long as they don't mind kneeling to JimBob and Michelle. As one of many children on a freak reality show, their skills if they stop playing along don't seem real vendable on the job market most people in this country occupy. 

• Upvote 5

• nelliebelle1197 locked this topic