IGNORED

Seewalds 45: Ben’s a REAL Pastor at a PRECIOUS Church!

nelliebelle1197

The date really is 25/01/2021 and I can see, just turned 5 if someone assumed 4. But it is odd that it says 1st trimester scan. You can't see the sex on a 1st trimester scan, so I suspect this is later. Strange really

4 hours ago, xenobia said:

So... I don't really know why, but I watched the video from the ultrasound. I have a lot of questions, but here's the top two. 

1. This seems to be filmed on Jan 25't, and if I read the other info correct on the screen, it's a first trimester scan. I would guess 12 weeks? I don't have kids and I'm not good at pregnancy math, but I guess she would be due in July if this was around 12 weeks. But why is there a Christmas tree in the room? And around 2:15 into the clip, the ultrasound technician asks Jessa: "Is your oldest four?" Jessa replies: "No, he just turned five". And I think she adds (Henry is playing and making sounds) "just a week ago". Spurgeons birthday is November 5'th. Even if she didn't say "just a week ago", she clearly says that he just turned five. If the ultrasound was Jan 25'th, November 5'th was almost three months earlier. What's up with the timeline here?

2. Who is the person filming this? She - I think it's a she - can be seen briefly in the glass door reflection on the way in and out from the clinic. This is the best screenshot I could get. Any guesses? 

fullsizeoutput_76f8.jpeg

Hide contents

I was going to say the same about dungarees! I just got a new pair after about 15 years from Lucy and Yak, like this:

image.png.8bd6159c273447f34d2e9e2dd538dcae.png

• Upvote 3
  • Thank You 1

11 hours ago, xenobia said:

So... I don't really know why, but I watched the video from the ultrasound. I have a lot of questions, but here's the top two. 

1. This seems to be filmed on Jan 25't, and if I read the other info correct on the screen, it's a first trimester scan. I would guess 12 weeks? I don't have kids and I'm not good at pregnancy math, but I guess she would be due in July if this was around 12 weeks. But why is there a Christmas tree in the room? And around 2:15 into the clip, the ultrasound technician asks Jessa: "Is your oldest four?" Jessa replies: "No, he just turned five". And I think she adds (Henry is playing and making sounds) "just a week ago". Spurgeons birthday is November 5'th. Even if she didn't say "just a week ago", she clearly says that he just turned five. If the ultrasound was Jan 25'th, November 5'th was almost three months earlier. What's up with the timeline here?

2. Who is the person filming this? She - I think it's a she - can be seen briefly in the glass door reflection on the way in and out from the clinic. This is the best screenshot I could get. Any guesses? 

fullsizeoutput_76f8.jpeg

Hide contents

fullsizeoutput_76fa.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_76f5.jpeg

Looks like possible Laura or Gwinn however that is spelt. I haven’t watched the vid so I can’t comment on the time line. Though I want to so I can try and guess the sex

• Upvote 1

Ok I watched part of the gender boutique video reveal. I took some screen shots to try and guess the gender. 
Jessa was asking H and S the difference between boys and girls and they said long hair and hair bows. My kid at either of those ages would have told you exactly what made the sexes different.... 

I did wonder why Jessa asked that question. With their “modesty” standards was she angling for a “shocking” penis and vagina discussion. Or trying to highlight how “innocent” her children are. 
Or did they answer how most kids would answer? I only have the one and I suppose I have never asked her. Maybe she would come out with hair bows and long hair. I might ask her tomorrow and see. 
I don’t mind either way a child answers. as long as a child is still being taught body autonomy and personal boundaries. 
Internet is giving me girl vibes.... 

though my guess was a boy... 

08297527-F7BA-420A-9A53-BFA39E0D37E5.png

Edited by AussieKrissy
And photo.
  • Upvote 4

36 minutes ago, AussieKrissy said:

Ok I watched part of the gender boutique video reveal. I took some screen shots to try and guess the gender. 
Jessa was asking H and S the difference between boys and girls and they said long hair and hair bows. My kid at either of those ages would have told you exactly what made the sexes different.... 

I did wonder why Jessa asked that question. With their “modesty” standards was she angling for a “shocking” penis and vagina discussion. Or trying to highlight how “innocent” her children are. 
Or did they answer how most kids would answer? I only have the one and I suppose I have never asked her. Maybe she would come out with hair bows and long hair. I might ask her tomorrow and see. 
I don’t mind either way a child answers. as long as a child is still being taught body autonomy and personal boundaries. 

This looks like the ultrasound I got at 12 weeks, used to look for Downs syndrome, Trisomy 18 etc. In Ontario, it's too soon for a sex ID unless you can see if the genital "nub" is pointing up or down. (This seems speculative; nobody did this for mine.) But I don't know anyone who had boutique ultrasounds in Ontario so I have no idea how they work.

We get the sex ID'd at 20 weeks when they look for other abnormalities. I'm very curious why these fundies seem to skip the actually useful sonograms?!

Edited by PlentyOfJesusFishInTheSea
Realized the Google searches were not jessa's
  • Upvote 7

Those that skip the medical ultrasounds seem to claim that they would never abort so they don't need any tests. My husband and I wanted all the tests so we could be mentally/emotionally prepared and ready for any help a special needs child could require, which I think is why most people do testing.

• Upvote 21
  • I Agree 7

We also don’t know they skip them, they just don’t necessarily show it. With the Duggars, it could go either way. 

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 8

45 minutes ago, GuineaPigCourtship said:

Those that skip the medical ultrasounds seem to claim that they would never abort so they don't need any tests. My husband and I wanted all the tests so we could be mentally/emotionally prepared and ready for any help a special needs child could require, which I think is why most people do testing.

Agree. We did the different screenings for both kids and would again if we had another. Even if you wouldn't abort, being prepared is an important thing! Especially with something like Down syndrome, where there's a community you can connect to and get support from even before birth.

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 5

2 hours ago, AussieKrissy said:

I just asked my 4 year old and she told me “boys are brothers and girls are sisters”, sooo... and we have had the proper anatomy talk. 

• Upvote 9
  • Haha 35
  • Love 4

5 hours ago, viii said:

We also don’t know they skip them, they just don’t necessarily show it. With the Duggars, it could go either way. 

Good point! I was assuming since they went to a boutique place for the sex ID, they aren't going to the 20 week scan because you'd get the sex ID there.

It's easy for me to judge since the 12- and 20-week scans are paid for where I am. Not those 3D scans though. No judgment for people who did them but I find them really creepy!

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 1

Back to the dialect quiz...it's crazy how accurate it is. It said I was either from Akron or Columbus, OH or Lincoln, NE. I've lived within an hour of Akron most of my life, except for a few years in NE Colorado. I say bin and been the same, and Ben as behn.

• Upvote 2

If you’re not getting reputable prenatal care, which at this point I would definitely put Jessa in that camp, why would you get a medical ultrasound? They get ultrasounds to know whether or not to buy (used and save the difference) a headband or not.  I was going to say pack a headband, but Jessa has never packed for any delivery thus far. Why doesn’t she talk about that? Maybe have an actual prenatal appointment filmed? 

• Upvote 4
  • Sad 1

I'm sure if she went to a real obgyn for prenatal care they'd lecture her about dangerous home births with her history. I had a friend whose obgyn told her she was having kids too close together and it wasn't healthy for her or the kids. She was insulted and left. People don't want to hear what they don't want to hear and doctors are obligated to tell us.

• Upvote 12
  • Sad 1
  • I Agree 7

I always love that NYT dialects quiz. Both sides of my family hail from the Dakotas, but I lived most of my life in Buffalo, NY. I went to college near Minneapolis, MN, and my husband and I just moved back there!! My map puts me bang on in Buffalo and Rochester, NY, and Minneapolis, MN! I think it's amazing!

• Upvote 5

7 hours ago, neurogirl said:

I always love that NYT dialects quiz. Both sides of my family hail from the Dakotas, but I lived most of my life in Buffalo, NY. I went to college near Minneapolis, MN, and my husband and I just moved back there!! My map puts me bang on in Buffalo and Rochester, NY, and Minneapolis, MN! I think it's amazing!

I agree. When I took it the map put me where I grew up and where I live now — 2 different parts of the country.

• Upvote 2

It put me primarily in New England where I grew up and now live (because I call a sandwich a grinder) but also Minneapolis which is close enough to Iowa where I went to grad school to count.

• Upvote 1

It put me in New England too, but but I'm from south eastern PA. When I go places other than around here, people say I sound "dutchy." 

Spoiler

Edited by fluffernutter
no spoiler, not sure how to get rid of it?
  • Upvote 1

On 4/1/2021 at 6:24 PM, Vivi_music said:

Maybe your frandmother spoke a more ''casual'' register (which isn't a judgement on her), or was a bit older. It's true that with time and generations, some Québec expressions have fallen out of use. I know I certainly don't use the same words that my 90 years old grandma does. I

That is so interesting, thank you for sharing!! Yes, she was older and passed last year... it never occurred to me that her age could play such a role, but even if I think of listening to English in movies from the era in which she grew up, the way we speak now is very different. 

Thank you for saying all of that! It definitely gives me even more perspective on my Grandmother and her experience! It sounds like you both had similar experience when traveling in France, and I’m sorry there were some negative ones due to your accent. I’m from the southern US and absolutely understand how hurtful and frustrating it is to be judged by your accent. 

• Upvote 4
  • Love 5

The accent quiz is amazing. English is not my first language, but I'm bilingual to the point that very few people realize I'm an ESL speaker until I mention it.

My two top cities are Oakland and San Francisco. I live like 5 miles from Oakland and work in San Francisco, so it's crazy accurate for me.

• Upvote 9

On 4/3/2021 at 12:40 PM, xenobia said:

fullsizeoutput_76f8.jpeg

Reveal hidden contents

fullsizeoutput_76fa.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_76f5.jpeg

The date is weird, isn't it? I had noted that she said Spurge just turned five. The ultrasound tech definitely scans for sex so it would have to be more like 20 wks, but scan says otherwise.

Think she maybe mixed footage from 12 wk and 20 wk ultrasounds? iF she was 12-13 weeks on 25 Jan, then she'd be 18-20 weeks mid to late March, which fits the timing of the video release. And she would be due early August, which fits which what she has said.

Still doesn't explain the Spurge just turned 5 comment.

• Upvote 1

My guess is she learned the gender In January. 

for 3 of my pregnancies I had ultrasound techs at around 14 weeks correctly identify gender. 2 of them said they were as certain as one could ever be with an ultrasound and the 3rd said she was 80% sure. All 3 were correct.

i am well aware not all ultrasound techs can make this distinction and even fewer want to/m- but it is certainly possible. 

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 2

My ultrasound tech knew the gender of my son at the 14 week scan.  Although, to be honest, I got enough of an eyeful at that scan to be pretty sure myself ?

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 9

Same here. My gynecologist (who also does the ultrasound scans) quite confidently suspected the sex of our son at 14 weeks. The NIPT and later scans confirmed it.

I was quite surprised because I thought it wasn't possible to see so early on.

• Upvote 4

My obgyn was able to see the sex of my youngest baby at 12 weeks, but he said it was too early to be 100% sure, so he adviced us to wait for the next ultrasound before revealing the sex to our family.

Edited by Melissa1977
Spelling
  • Upvote 1

Honestly a couple months after my birthday I feel like I also "just turned ____" - who the heck has a good sense of time passing anyways, especially during a pandemic? lol. I think all the footage is from 1/25 and that she was 14-15 weeks then. I'm fairly confident Jessa's due at the end of July. 

• Upvote 3

7 minutes ago, ihaveanexamintwodays said:

Honestly a couple months after my birthday I feel like I also "just turned ____" - who the heck has a good sense of time passing anyways, especially during a pandemic? lol. I think all the footage is from 1/25 and that she was 14-15 weeks then. I'm fairly confident Jessa's due at the end of July. 

That sounds like the most plausible explanation. But the "first trimester"-text on the scan and the Christmas tree is still confusing :)

• Upvote 2

• nelliebelle1197 locked this topic