IGNORED

Seewalds 45: Ben’s a REAL Pastor at a PRECIOUS Church!

nelliebelle1197

I need to report this to the only people I know that will care or be slightly interested.  I just discovered that there is a person in my neighborhood with the first name of Spurgeon. The little guy is not alone. 

• Upvote 7
  • Rufus Bless 7
  • WTF 3
  • Haha 36

2 hours ago, WiseGirl said:

I need to report this to the only people I know that will care or be slightly interested.  I just discovered that there is a person in my neighborhood with the first name of Spurgeon. The little guy is not alone. 

Very unpopular opinion but I don't hate the name - I certainly like it much more than Ivy or Henry.

• Upvote 5
  • Rufus Bless 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, xenobia said:

I've been out of the loop for a while, so I may have missed a lot of things. Has Ben's sister Jessica (who is a police officer) divorced? She used to be Jessica Lester on FB. Now she's Jessica Seewald again. 

She’s still Mrs. Jessica Lester on Instagram, but the FB name change must mean something. Although I probably disagree with at least 90% of her political and social issue opinions, I was kind of rooting for her. From what she presented on social media, her husband seemed like a nice guy and they appeared happy together.  She said she miscarried in 2020 so maybe that was some type of trigger. Becoming a police officer for most women would be challenging, but she did it, even after being raised in a culture that probably didn’t encourage that direction. She forged her own path: she moved out of her parents’ home at a young age, she dressed how she wanted, she drank alcohol, she got a career in a male dominated field. But now if she divorces after two years of marriage, does that prove to her family that her lifestyle choices have all been wrong? I was hoping that she was showing her family that she was living a good life on her terms, not theirs. But obviously, it’s not worth it to stay in an unhappy marriage for appearances.

• Upvote 19
  • Love 1

2 hours ago, HerNameIsBuffy said:

Very unpopular opinion but I don't hate the name - I certainly like it much more than Ivy or Henry.

"Ivy" and "Henry" won't cause you to get stares and blank looks.

You can say your name is "Ivy" without hearing, "Sorry, what?"

You can say your name is "Henry" without hearing, "How do you spell that?" for the most part.

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 9

7 minutes ago, Jackie3 said:

You can say your name is "Henry" without hearing, "How do you spell that?" for the most part.

Yep. In the future if any of those kids goes by first initial, middle name, it will be S. Elliott. It could be worse, Jessica could have compromised on Wilberforce. Ben really likes to push the boundaries. 

• Upvote 2

31 minutes ago, Jackie3 said:

No argument.  If my point was which name was the most normal that would be relevant, but I was just saying which one I liked the best.  

22 minutes ago, SassyPants said:

Yep. In the future if any of those kids goes by first initial, middle name, it will be S. Elliott. It could be worse, Jessica could have compromised on Wilberforce. Ben really likes to push the boundaries. 

I also don't hate Wilberforce!  I mean, I know nothing about the person he was named for and assume he's shitty...but as a middle name I like it.  

• Upvote 3

Wilberforce is William Wilberforce, a British abolitionist so actually a relatively decent choice. Definitley a better choice than Calvinist preacher Charles Spurgeon. 

• Upvote 8
  • Thank You 5

1 hour ago, JDuggs said:

She’s still Mrs. Jessica Lester on Instagram, but the FB name change must mean something. Although I probably disagree with at least 90% of her political and social issue opinions, I was kind of rooting for her. From what she presented on social media, her husband seemed like a nice guy and they appeared happy together.  She said she miscarried in 2020 so maybe that was some type of trigger. Becoming a police officer for most women would be challenging, but she did it, even after being raised in a culture that probably didn’t encourage that direction. She forged her own path: she moved out of her parents’ home at a young age, she dressed how she wanted, she drank alcohol, she got a career in a male dominated field. But now if she divorces after two years of marriage, does that prove to her family that her lifestyle choices have all been wrong? I was hoping that she was showing her family that she was living a good life on her terms, not theirs. But obviously, it’s not worth it to stay in an unhappy marriage for appearances.

I just searched for her on Instagram and her user name is now realjessicaseewald but then under that it says Jessica Lester. She doesn't post much, but I do wonder what happened. I had been rooting for her too. 

• Upvote 4
  • Thank You 2

28 minutes ago, EmiSue said:

I just searched for her on Instagram and her user name is now realjessicaseewald but then under that it says Jessica Lester. She doesn't post much, but I do wonder what happened. I had been rooting for her too. 

I had just come in to say I noticed she changed her ig handle. I also noticed she doesn’t really post pictures with her husband anymore, and I think she deleted her wedding pics because I swear she had some on her ig and I don’t see them anymore. She does have some older pictures up with her husband still so idk. 

Edited by VBOY9977
  • Upvote 3
  • Thank You 3

6 hours ago, EmiSue said:

5 hours ago, VBOY9977 said:

I had just come in to say I noticed she changed her ig handle. I also noticed she doesn’t really post pictures with her husband anymore, and I think she deleted her wedding pics because I swear she had some on her ig and I don’t see them anymore. She does have some older pictures up with her husband still so idk. 

She must have changed her IG handle today, because I looked when it was first posted about and she was still Mrs. Jessica Lester, and then I looked again a couple hours later and it had changed. She's also doesn't look to be wearing a wedding ring in her last post before today (from March 27). She's wearing a silicone ring in some of her older workout photos, so it seems like she's the type that always wore her ring. Most people who don't wear their ring all the time wouldn't go to the effort of changing to a silicone ring for work/working out. 

• Upvote 5

16 hours ago, HerNameIsBuffy said:

No argument.  If my point was which name was the most normal that would be relevant, but I was just saying which one I liked the best.  

I also don't hate Wilberforce!  I mean, I know nothing about the person he was named for and assume he's shitty...but as a middle name I like it.  

William Wilberforce was a campaigner for the end of slavery within the British Empire, he actually was not a shitty person. 

• Upvote 9
  • Thank You 4

2 hours ago, Glasgowghirl said:

William Wilberforce was a campaigner for the end of slavery within the British Empire, he actually was not a shitty person. 

I was excited to learn that :)  pleasant surprise in Duggarland.

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 3

Highly recommend the 2006 movie "Amazing Grace" for anyone wanting to learn more about Wilberforce's life!

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 6

11 hours ago, Glasgowghirl said:

This was discussed back when Henry was born, but William Wilberforce had a son named Henry Wilberforce who converted to Catholicism.

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 4
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 3

On 5/15/2021 at 6:58 PM, EmiSue said:

if I remember - and I feel bad for knowing anything about this woman who is a private citizen and absolutely nothing to do with me,  but here we are - she got together with the husband quite soon after her previous relationship ended. Maybe it was never right. Or maybe it's run its course. But I am still rooting for her, and I hope that if it is divorce, it's just another step towards self-realisation rather than a stick her family can beat her back into fundamentalism with.

• Upvote 11

I’m always surprised that police officers have open social media accounts - you’d think they would really want privacy. 

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 5

Was Jessica the one with the foot washing ceremony at her wedding? 

• Upvote 3

4 minutes ago, bal maiden said:

Was Jessica the one with the foot washing ceremony at her wedding? 

Yes

7E78D280-015A-4B0E-93DD-B90ED444B7D9.thumb.jpeg.d059b86183c5ef76f041d721cdd1a0e4.jpeg

• Upvote 3
  • Rufus Bless 2
  • Thank You 2

On 5/16/2021 at 4:29 AM, Glasgowghirl said:

Wilberforce was also the name of a cat in a horror novel I read a few years ago. 

• Upvote 5
  • Haha 2

23 hours ago, Idlewild said:

I’m always surprised that police officers have open social media accounts - you’d think they would really want privacy. 

Agreed - every police officer I know has either a locked down account or has an account under a fake name. 

• Upvote 14
  • I Agree 1

2 hours ago, viii said:

Agreed - every police officer I know has either a locked down account or has an account under a fake name. 

Agreed. Most of my co-workers don't even have social media and if they do, myself included, it's under either a "nickname" or is unsearchable and locked. 

• Upvote 10

On 3/27/2021 at 8:50 PM, CaricatureQualities said:

I listened to 2. He is actually pretty good at it. Easier to stay tuned to than Jeremy in his sermons by far. I've never made it through a Jeremy sermon. 

Ya know, he has a lot to say for someone who always looks so perplexed and half stunned sitting next to Jessa in the talking heads lol.  

But remember that football game he organized for youth ministry? And his rapping friend? And his seeming to listen to BLM? I have long believed there is an intetesting, maturing, likable person with a heart for ministry waiting to come out.

• Upvote 6

My recollection is that the football game was organised by a group that regularly did these things and rebadged as Ben’s idea for the purposes of the show. Similarly the interaction with rap was a storyline for the show to try and get some younger viewers into it. The humpers weren’t impressed and Flame and Ben’s rap career seem to have disappeared from the Duggar radar. Flame is probably very relieved about this given the current situation.

I am glad Ben has furthered his education and has a job but I don’t see him doing  anything that isn’t Jessa and thereby JB approved.

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 1

Guinn has made a birthday post on Instagram for Ben with a slideshow of “old photos that capture sweet memories.” Almost every photo has Jessa in it, and finally the last one is a picture of Ben and his sister Jessica. Just find it funny that his mother chose Duggar-related pics instead of more childhood pics to reminisce for her son’s birthday. But of course I’m not surprised.....

• Upvote 8
  • Confused 1
  • Eyeroll 2

47 minutes ago, Marionette said:

Guinn has made a birthday post on Instagram for Ben with a slideshow of “old photos that capture sweet memories.” Almost every photo has Jessa in it, and finally the last one is a picture of Ben and his sister Jessica. Just find it funny that his mother chose Duggar-related pics instead of more childhood pics to reminisce for her son’s birthday. But of course I’m not surprised.....

She may have been working with the photos that were already on her device, which are likely to be more recent.

• Upvote 7
  • Thank You 2

• nelliebelle1197 locked this topic