IGNORED

Michaela & Brandon 6: She Is an LPN and He Is Boring.....

nelliebelle1197

23 hours ago, Tatar-tot said:

Why doesn’t she get an egg donation from one of her sisters? I would think one of them would assist.

Again with her man’s seed and someone else’s egg? I dunno if she would be ok with that  

Edit to add that maybe the husbands of the sisters might not like it either…

maybe no sister wants too 

it’s a deeply personal thing and with all their religious crap adding extra layers egg donation would be a massive massive surprise in my opinion. 

if both couples are on board with egg donation I think it would be a great thing  but these families are already so emeshed it would add a whole level to it again  

Edited by AussieKrissy
  • Upvote 4
  • I Agree 7

As a registered nurse I am just soo disappointed that she has studied and trained for a couple of years to become a nurse and now is not going to use her valuable skills. 
 I get she is trying to have a family but come on..  she could have so much fulfilment working. 

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 13

3 hours ago, Jrodseyeliner said:

As a registered nurse I am just soo disappointed that she has studied and trained for a couple of years to become a nurse and now is not going to use her valuable skills. 
 I get she is trying to have a family but come on..  she could have so much fulfilment working. 

Same. I'm also an RN and it's really hard work, especially right now, but it is also without a doubt the best thing I have ever done in my life. I've been a nurse for years and I still get a little thrill of pride when I put those letters after my name. Can't imagine just wasting that opportunity, especially after she put the work in! I suspect it's not just having a family but also not wanting to be vaccinated and almost all healthcare facilities/agencies having vaccine mandates (as they should).

• Upvote 11
  • Love 1

3 hours ago, Jrodseyeliner said:

I denied myself sooo many opportunities while trying to conceive my first “just in case” I got pregnant. Not just in my career but with travel plans and clothes shopping choices. With my second I lived like nothing was going to change. Like with my first, it took 3 years but in that time I completed a master’s degree while working FT in my intended career. I traveled internationally with my husband and bought the clothes that fit my current body. I was so much happier.

That being said I also understand that when you’re not a mother but desperately want to be, it’s a lot harder letting go of certain mindsets. It was easier to let go when conceiving #2 because I had already accepted that I was ok with being a mom to one. I never accepted the idea of never becoming a mother. It was a harder pill to swallow.

• Upvote 11
  • Love 5

I am surprised Brandon and Michaela would spend the money on school if she didn't plan to use the degree in some capacity. It wasn't one expensive Bible study class they thought would deepen her understanding of the Bible it was thousands of dollars. Even if the goal is to participate on mission trips in the role as LPN she should know she needs experience. 

Michael could make a nice income and pay off any nursing school debt and save for adoption if they decide to pursue that option. I guess she and Brandon would need to decide ahead of time if she could work at a hospital and do ten- or twelve-hour shifts, work on weekends, maybe an office setting be a better fit. I doubt Michael would make any unilateral decisions and would need Brandon on board with her work schedule. 

• Upvote 8

Not sure what the rules are with nurses being vaccinated in the US, but I'd be willing to bet that's a contributing reason as to why she won't be working as a nurse - she wouldn't want to be vaccinated.

• Upvote 9
  • Rufus Bless 1
  • I Agree 4
  • Love 1

8 minutes ago, MaryOrMartha said:

Not sure what the rules are with nurses being vaccinated in the US, but I'd be willing to bet that's a contributing reason as to why she won't be working as a nurse - she wouldn't want to be vaccinated.

I think this is exactly what’s up.  Here in the USA, pretty much anyone in healthcare must be vaccinated

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 2

I was on social media. There was footage of a sweet baby in the hospital having trouble breathing, because COVID! 

I'm so fucking sick of these anti-vaxxers. They can go $^((&&$#@&*.

We don't that Michael is anti-vaxxer, so maybe there are other reasons she isn't working. IF she's really anti-vax, I have no sympathy for her.

Edited by Bluebirdbluebell
  • Upvote 11

I think she is not working because the goal was to keep her busy studying, not working out of home. Even if she was vaccinated, working as a nurse means contact with too many wordly people, including MEN. Even working in a conservative doctor's office may be too much for her.

I had the feeling that Brandon didn't want her working, but there is also the possibility that she is too scared of the "real world". Or that she really believes that the stress of a job may affect her fertility treatments. 

Sometimes we forget that Bates were raised to think that a job schedule cannot interfere with their *godly* activities. Michaela has never been around working women and her own father left a good job because Jesus. Brandon works in a religion-based job and all Bates brothers and in-laws are self-employed or work for relatives. Zach left his police job because didn't like his schedule. Michaela is not different.

• Upvote 17

3 minutes ago, JemimaPuddle-Duck said:

She gave a fairly good explanation. 

A29C6430-49DB-4086-8BA7-1AE7A0CBE0C0.png

Thanks. “Medical challenges” probably means Covid, right? And “care for my grandparents if the need arises” is a little insensitive, considering what Kelly’s mom has gone through this year.

• Upvote 22

2 hours ago, QuiverFullofBooks said:

Thanks. “Medical challenges” probably means Covid, right? And “care for my grandparents if the need arises” is a little insensitive, considering what Kelly’s mom has gone through this year.

I am guessing Covid. Maybe she even has long Covid. Considering she belongs a cult that minimizes the disease or denies that it even exists, she can't post about it. 

• Upvote 14

17 minutes ago, FiveAcres said:

I am guessing Covid. Maybe she even has long Covid. Considering she belongs a cult that minimizes the disease or denies that it even exists, she can't post about it. 

And if she is unvaccinated, I have less than zero sympathy.

• Upvote 12
  • I Agree 7

She loves science? Yeah right. She only loves science if it aligns with her fundie beliefs. That other science she ignores or demonizes. 

• Upvote 18
  • I Agree 8

Just putting it out there that a lot of non-fundie people decide against egg donation or sperm donation. Even aside from the cost (giant for eggs and doable for sperm), there are a lot of psychological considerations. And also you're making that choice for a potential child also. Many people pursue fertility treatments with the goal of having a completely biological child. If that becomes impossible, many people choose to pursue some kind of adoption. 

Michael said very early on that Brandon had testing done and everything was normal for him. There is not a lot of mystery on the male side if they have decent count, motility and morphology. 

I think the health issues she mentioned earlier could have been covid, but also could have been something discovered with the testing. 

I read through Michael's advice to others and it does seem like she's in as good of a place emotionally as you could be as an infertile in a fertility cult. But her peace rests on believing that God opens and closes the womb and he promises that he has the best plan. Infertility got a lot easier for me when I heard another Christian say that God is not a baby give or baby taker, things just are. 

• Upvote 15

4 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

She loves science? Yeah right. She only loves science if it aligns with her fundie beliefs. That other science she ignores or demonizes. 

I think that’s both true and untrue. She was the one reading through the encyclopaedia and seemed to have a better idea than her sisters about male bodies and sex- at least they made it sound like it. And it’s perfectly doable to be interested in certain stuff but still believe it’s a whole lot of rubbish- that’s kind of what we do here. I have a vast interest and some more in-depth knowledge about Christianity and our specific irk of Fundies, the melted positions of right wing, conservative republicans and Christianity in the US but also don’t believe in Creationism, don’t take the bible literally, have problems with the idea of resurrection and afterlife and most definitely think the mindsets we discuss here are crazy and harmful. I can still be extremely interested in it and have a discussion about it without calling people names and such. I guess for Micheal it’s mostly the same. She probably loves medical science and still believes God is the cause of things in the end, or that he gifted us the developments and that he thought up our bodies and stuff. If you twist it hard enough you can make lots of things align. There is a massive history of philosophers in the Middle Ages that wrote beautiful works where they tried really hard to explain the bible while adhering to the fundamental logics. Quite interesting concepts (bordering on evolution in some pieces and sometimes just hilarious) and definitely worth the study (at least it was for me). That’s not harmful per se. Our Fundies and others actions that are the result though- they definitely are!

• Upvote 7

Nursing school Positions are quite coveted, especially for RNs, which I know doesn’t apply here, but dang how selfish to occupy a position when you have very little intention of using those skills. At this point, any skills she did have are likely gone as far as we know, she has never utilized them. If her explanation is accurate and truthful, a nursing assistant role would have better suited her life plan. 
What does Brandon do for a living? Does it supply a living wage? It all seems unrealistic to me-

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 2
  • Love 2

Frankly, no need to get a degree to care for grandparents. 

I think it's very obvious she doesn't want to get a job. She says she wants to care for her grandparents and volunteer... But Kelly's mom has been very sick for a year and, as far we know, Michaela didn't help. Not that we have seen Michaela volunteering anywhere... Of course she may do it and not post about it, but it sounds like Jessa Duggar talking about adoption: nice empty message.

• Upvote 23
  • I Agree 3
  • Love 1

7 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

That was freaking hilarious.

• Upvote 10

On 1/3/2022 at 6:40 AM, JermajestyDuggar said:

I’m actually surprised more don’t do it. There are so many fundies who believe life begins at conception and if you destroy extra unneeded embryos made for IVF, then you are committing mass murder. So you would think fundies would be constantly making go fund mes to adopt these “babies” before they are murdered in cold blood. But I have a feeling most fundies know that embryos aren’t babies and they would rather shame women walking into abortion clinics. 

I have a friend (not fundie) who did embryo adoption. Not gonna lie, it was wild to later see her carrying around a perfect two month old who had been a frozen embryo for years. Hard to wrap my mind around it.

I would think she could qualify for a religious exemption to not have the vaccine if she wanted one. TN is pretty lax.

• Upvote 2
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, neuroticcat said:

I have a friend (not fundie) who did embryo adoption. Not gonna lie, it was wild to later see her carrying around a perfect two month old who had been a frozen embryo for years. Hard to wrap my mind around it.

It is crazy to think about. I believe I’ve only seen one super anti-abortion protester type try to adopt an embryo to save from murder. She spent a lot of money to go through IVF and the attempt failed. That’s probably why more fundies don’t do it. There’s a lot of money that goes into it and it’s no guarantee. 

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 2

On 1/3/2022 at 11:06 PM, Bluebirdbluebell said:

I'm so fucking sick of these anti-vaxxers. They can go $^((&&$#@&*.

That is because of COVID not because of antivaxxers. Blatant hatred and blind fundamentalist belief is gross and harmful no matter the context.  I live in a super blue state and am so over people claiming to love science while actually ignoring the data. The facts are that vaxxed and unvaxxed alike transmit COVID. 

• Upvote 3
  • Fuck You 3
  • Downvote 12
  • Confused 1
  • WTF 1

27 minutes ago, neuroticcat said:

That is because of COVID not because of antivaxxers. Blatant hatred and blind fundamentalist belief is gross and harmful no matter the context.  I live in a super blue state and am so over people claiming to love science while actually ignoring the data. The facts are that vaxxed and unvaxxed alike transmit COVID. 

But not to the same extend and the vaccinated typically aren't sucking up resources that could go to less willfully ignorant and more deserving patients.

• Upvote 30
  • I Agree 2
  • Thank You 3

1 hour ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

It is crazy to think about. I believe I’ve only seen one super anti-abortion protester type try to adopt an embryo to save from murder. She spent a lot of money to go through IVF and the attempt failed. That’s probably why more fundies don’t do it. There’s a lot of money that goes into it and it’s no guarantee. 

Growing Goodings (talk about a rabbit hole of an Instagram...) gave her last IVF embryo up for adoption before she became a fundie, and has a relationship with the adoptive parents. She rarely posts about it but they had a healthy baby girl.

• Thank You 1

24 minutes ago, indianabones said:

Growing Goodings (talk about a rabbit hole of an Instagram...) gave her last IVF embryo up for adoption before she became a fundie, and has a relationship with the adoptive parents. She rarely posts about it but they had a healthy baby girl.

Wow I feel sorry for her. She jumped head first into fundieland because she’s so deep in hurt, grief and loss. What she actually needs is therapy. In my observations, those who jump into fundieland because they are grieving don’t always stay in fundieland. This might just be a phase for her. Maybe when she realizes god isn’t going to fix everything she will leave it. I wonder what her husband thinks. He obviously didn’t marry a fundie. So is he ok with this transition. If he was a decent husband he would suggest therapy. He has to see how much she going through. 

• Upvote 5

• Coconut Flan locked this topic