IGNORED

Michaela & Brandon 6: She Is an LPN and He Is Boring.....

nelliebelle1197

7 hours ago, libgirl2 said:

Well, yes, if someone has issues that prevent them from carrying the pregnancy or other health issues. I though Kim K. had some health issues but I could be wrong. So PC was too busy to be pregnant? How do you know you won't be "too busy" to be a parent? 

I remember how she’d schlepp her chihuahua around , then Tinkerbell seemed to be out of the picture.  I fear that this little boy won’t be a big part of Paris’ life for long (photo ops excepted)

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 4

8 minutes ago, Granwych said:

I remember how she’d schlepp her chihuahua around , then Tinkerbell seemed to be out of the picture.  I fear that this little boy won’t be a big part of Paris’ life for long (photo ops excepted)

I think now that Paris is 40, she will probably do ok. It was probably a good idea for her to wait this long to have kids. 

• Upvote 4

45 minutes ago, WatchingTheTireFireBurn said:

I'm sure she has a team of nannies

I’m sure she does.  Paris doesn’t seem like a kid person to me. She might have been pressured to have one. I have a feeling she will have another child. 

• Upvote 1
  • Eyeroll 1
  • I Agree 2

Paris has been planning on having boy-girl twins for years that she planned on naming London and Marilyn if my memory serves right. I try to actively avoid hearing/reading about her and have heard it more than once. I can’t remember if she has been planning surrogacy all along, but clearly has never been interested in attempting pregnancy without medical intervention…

• Upvote 3

Although families come in all types. I guess this kid(s?) would at least be an heir to her fortune and one hopes at least it will have kind nannies.

• Upvote 2

10 hours ago, WatchingTheTireFireBurn said:

Although families come in all types. I guess this kid(s?) would at least be an heir to her fortune and one hopes at least it will have kind nannies.

Yes. I’m really not worried about any Hilton kids. They have plenty of money for food, a home, toys, the best schools, the best therapists, the best doctors, and the best Nannies. Money fixes a lot of problems. It’s the poor fundies with 13 kids and not enough chicken legs that will have a bleak future. 

• Upvote 15
  • I Agree 2

8 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Yes. I’m really not worried about any Hilton kids. They have plenty of money for food, a home, toys, the best schools, the best therapists, the best doctors, and the best Nannies. Money fixes a lot of problems. It’s the poor fundies with 13 kids and not enough chicken legs that will have a bleak future. 

Rich kids have it bad in a diff way.  No parents around. Sometimes I think that’s worse. Being raised by a nanny doesn’t make it any better.  That kid grew up with no mom & dad around.  Pretty sure that’s how Paris grew up. 

• Upvote 6
  • Downvote 1
  • Eyeroll 1

21 minutes ago, Lista said:

Rich kids have it bad in a diff way.  No parents around. Sometimes I think that’s worse. Being raised by a nanny doesn’t make it any better.  That kid grew up with no mom & dad around.  Pretty sure that’s how Paris grew up. 

I’ll never believe that no matter what anyone tells me. Growing up rich (in general) will always be better than growing up poor in the US. Because they have access to the best therapy and medicine money can buy. As long as the US doesn’t have universal health care that includes psychiatric health, the poor will always have it much much worse than the rich. Plus there are many many poor children who had single parents who constantly worked. So yeah, they didn’t even get a high paid educated nanny to raise them. 

Edited by JermajestyDuggar
  • Upvote 10
  • Eyeroll 1
  • I Agree 8

25 minutes ago, Lista said:

I think your right. Even if Kathy Hilton was home I’m sure the bulk of the raising of the children was on the nanny.

Edited by Jana814

Back when Paris Hilton was on MTV all the time, there was an interview with her mom, who claimed she called home every day to talk to her mom. So perhaps she experienced some parenting.

• Upvote 1

On 2/10/2023 at 5:37 PM, PlentyOfJesusFishInTheSea said:

Back when Paris Hilton was on MTV all the time, there was an interview with her mom, who claimed she called home every day to talk to her mom. So perhaps she experienced some parenting.

Big Kathy (the mom of Kathy, and then Kim and Kyle Richards) was very controlling. While I agree that they had some parenting, they were able to do a lot more than other kids. They had money and partied like crazy. 
However, I'm hopeful that as she's aged, things have gotten calmer. She was just singing Stars go Blind at a pre Superbowl party, so maybe not. LOL

• Upvote 5

11 hours ago, GracieLou Free Duggar said:

Big Kathy (the mom of Kathy, and then Kim and Kyle Richards) was very controlling. While I agree that they had some parenting, they were able to do a lot more than other kids. They had money and partied like crazy. 
However, I'm hopeful that as she's aged, things have gotten calmer. She was just singing Stars go Blind at a pre Superbowl party, so maybe not. LOL

If you have never read "House Of Hilton" I highly recommend it.  It discusses the history of both Richards and Hilton families and how they connected thanks to Big Kathy. Of course, it goes into Big Kathy's dreams of pushing her daughters into fame. It's an older book but you might be able to score a used copy on Amazon. 

Since Kim Richards (Paris' aunt) and I are the same age, I grew up watching her on TV and in Disney movies, as far back as when she was Prudence Everett on "Nanny And The Professor".  It saddens me to see her now.  She was writing a tell-all book of her own, but it got squashed, allegedly by sisters Kathy and Kyle. Too bad.  Kim seems like she has zero craps to give now and since she knows where all the bodies are buried, it would have made one hell of a read.     

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 4

I do appreciate Paris speaking out about the troubled teen industry. Even the best places are not good for teens. I hope that industry goes away completely. There have been so many stories about the problems with the troubled teen inductee over the years. But it took a rich reality star to get people talking and aware of all the problems. Which is just so American 🙄 ignore it until a celebrity shines a light on it.

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 6

On 2/11/2023 at 9:24 PM, GuineaPigCourtship said:

Paris Hilton was a victim of the troubled teen industry, so I would say her parenting was not great.

Most of us prefer the term survivors 🙂

• Upvote 4
  • Thank You 1
  • Love 4

I find it problematic saying abused or neglected rich kids have it better than poor ones. Of course they have better overall, but saying that sentence make their suffering look lower. The poor and the rich kids reach the same emotional and physical suffering level. Same about  abused well-off women... many times people say they are stupid not to leave their husband and that they have no excuse because they can afford a lawyer and a house, so they are re-victimized. 

I know that in a world full of poverty it's hard to defend the financial privileged ones. But when talking about neglect or abuse it's better not to highlight the bank account of the victim IMO.

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 11
  • Love 1

On 2/14/2023 at 12:34 AM, Melissa1977 said:

I find it problematic saying abused or neglected rich kids have it better than poor ones. Of course they have better overall, but saying that sentence make their suffering look lower. The poor and the rich kids reach the same emotional and physical suffering level. Same about  abused well-off women... many times people say they are stupid not to leave their husband and that they have no excuse because they can afford a lawyer and a house, so they are re-victimized. 

I know that in a world full of poverty it's hard to defend the financial privileged ones. But when talking about neglect or abuse it's better not to highlight the bank account of the victim IMO.

I was trying to find the words but could not. Thank you! I agree with this 100%. Saying "rich kids have it better etc. etc." sounds like invalidating their trauma, and a sweeping, simplistic generalization. 

• Upvote 3
  • Love 1

“Rich kids have it bad in a diff way.  No parents around. Sometimes I think that’s worse. Being raised by a nanny doesn’t make it any better.  That kid grew up with no mom & dad around.  Pretty sure that’s how Paris grew up.”

^^^^^This is what I was replying to. It’s a trope. The poor little rich girl. No. That’s not how it works. Not all rich kids have shitty parents who are never around and are raised by Nannies. It’s infuriating to me to read this trope being spread around as fact. When really there are plenty of rich families who don’t completely ignore their children and force the Nannies to raise them. I personally think this is spread around as a way to make all the less fortunate folks in the US feel better about their shitty situation. The US is a fucking clusterfuck when it comes to children being raised in poverty. It’s disgusting that any child goes hungry in this country. Yet it happens every minute of every day. And no one seems to be doing anything meaningful to fix this problem on a large scale. So yeah. When I hear the poor little rich girl trope, I’m going to say something. 

• Upvote 10

On 2/14/2023 at 12:34 AM, Melissa1977 said:

Wow. Such a good comment. In some ways, rich kids have it worse. First of all, they usually don't have neighbors close by, so their abuser doesn't have to worry as much about interference.

Secondly, police and social workers are often intimidated by a big fancy house or a successful businessman. They're more likely to accept bullshit excuses. Similarly, even mandated reporters (like a doctor or a teacher) may be more likely to accept the abuser's word ("He just fell") because the abuser is educated or powerful or has a lot of resources.

On 2/10/2023 at 7:15 PM, JermajestyDuggar said:

I’ll never believe that no matter what anyone tells me. Growing up rich (in general) will always be better than growing up poor in the US. Because they have access to the best therapy and medicine money can buy. As long as the US doesn’t have universal health care that includes psychiatric health, the poor will always have it much much worse than the rich. Plus there are many many poor children who had single parents who constantly worked. So yeah, they didn’t even get a high paid educated nanny to raise them. 

Oh, hon. Abused kids in rich families often don't access to the "best" of anything. That's why they are abused. Abused kids in rich families have been denied food, medical care, have been sexually abused, haven't been taken to the doctor.  It's very naive to think that having wealthy parents means that you receive the benefits of wealth. You may need to get out more.

Wealthy abusive parents actually have more power to harm their kids. They can pay to have them locked away in psychiatric hospitals. They can pay psychologists for reports saying the kids' allegations are false memories. They can intimidate police/teacher/social workers with their lawyers and connections, and make them go away. All while continuing to r*pe, beat or starve their kids.

• Upvote 3

A good way to explain poor little rich girl tropes in wealth privilege is to compare it to male privilege. Mens rights activists and incels will cry about how hard it is to be a man because of all the feminism and equal rights that are being implemented in the US. It’s a similar sentiment. Male privilege doesn’t mean men don’t have problems. Just like recognizing wealth privilege doesn’t mean wealthy people don’t have problems. But there will always be pushback when you try to call out privilege. 

• Upvote 12
  • Love 1

I don’t know, I can see both sides. Are rich kids privileged to have access to all the things money can buy? Yeah absolutely. But if their parents are absent from their lives, aren’t loving or supportive or show interest in them, etc, that also affects their emotional development and can lead to a slew of issues down the line too. In my opinion it’s not an all or nothing thing - both can be bad or hard in different ways. 

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 1

29 minutes ago, Keys said:

I don’t know, I can see both sides. Are rich kids privileged to have access to all the things money can buy? Yeah absolutely. But if their parents are absent from their lives, aren’t loving or supportive or show interest in them, etc, that also affects their emotional development and can lead to a slew of issues down the line too. In my opinion it’s not an all or nothing thing - both can be bad or hard in different ways. 

I see what you are saying but I would argue that they have much better access to therapy and medicine. They have many more choices and options to deal with their trauma and mental health. Which is huge. And if their mental health effects them so greatly that they are unable to work, they won’t be thrown out of their home for not being able to pay their rent and end up on the streets. Or in jail for doing something illegal. Because they can afford all the best lawyers. It’s just a fact in the US that you have a problem, you have many more options to fix that problem when you are rich. 

Edited by JermajestyDuggar
  • Upvote 3

On 2/13/2023 at 11:07 PM, indianabones said:

Most of us prefer the term survivors 🙂

Thanks for the correction.  I didn't like my wording but couldn't figure out how to improve it.

• Upvote 2

• Coconut Flan locked this topic