IGNORED

Gwen Shamblin Lara 15: [29 May 2021] Gwen, Joe & 5 Others Presumed Dead in Plane Crash

Coconut Flan

Can someone explain remnant readiness please?  How much do you need? 

Anyone hear rumblings of remnant trying to figure out how to help America and religious freedoms?

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 1

7 hours ago, cookingbutterchicken said:

Can someone explain remnant readiness please?  How much do you need? 

Anyone hear rumblings of remnant trying to figure out how to help America and religious freedoms?

I can only speak to what remnant readiness was when I was a member a while ago. It was basically doomsday prepping but with a less dramatic name. 

Here is an article of Michael explaining:

https://www.remnantfellowshipnews.com/2013/06/28/remnant-fellowship-readiness-godly-wisdom-a-clear-vision-2/

• Thank You 7

2 hours ago, RFsurvivor said:

I can only speak to what remnant readiness was when I was a member a while ago. It was basically doomsday prepping but with a less dramatic name. 

Here is an article of Michael explaining:

https://www.remnantfellowshipnews.com/2013/06/28/remnant-fellowship-readiness-godly-wisdom-a-clear-vision-2/

Yes- doomsday prepping is a good description.

Thanks for finding this article RFSurvivor! This article reminds me of so many things sent out to members....The sickeningly sweet flowery tone praising all that RF and the leaders do for their members and how blessed the members are before actually semi- answering the question or getting to the point. 

I find it interesting that the article of Michael explaining Remnant Readiness does not really represent the stronger message that was heard by myself and other members who shared their impressions with me at the time.

Michael makes it sound much less specific and has a low-key tone compared to what I heard- Some examples: It was recommended to read 2 certain books, a certain brand of water purifier was suggested, encouragement to fill prescriptions even if you did not need the medicine in order to save it in your stockpile, food examples to store including some resources (at one point Gwen she even had a small group of men visit/tour a food prepping place run by the Mormons and there were claims that this place would let some RF members order food from them for long term storage. It did not come to fruition as far as I am aware.) When we were members, we actually read the books and did do the prepping as encouraged when we were members. We had a large closet full of food, medications, vitamins, water, batteries,  and other recommended items. We stopped that when we decided to leave RF. 

I even recall there being some talk about planning to bury a shipping container (on Gwen's rural property where she has a cabin) so families and the "church" could store Remnant Readiness items in case of an emergency, There was primarily talk of preparing for EMP as an example. I do not think this ever actually happened either. 

A RF member told me when Remnant Readiness was in early stages...if an EMP happened it would be easy to tell who the true saints actually were by seeing who shared their remnant readiness stock pile with those members who had not prepared. 

• Upvote 4
  • Thank You 4

10 hours ago, cookingbutterchicken said:

When we were members, there was never any talk about helping America or religious freedoms. One time I remember there was talk of doing community service... that ended up being a group of young adults going into the historic downtown Franklin TN area (not far from RF) and handing out weigh down brochures to those passing by. I remember being told that we did not do things to help our general community because there was so much that needed to be done within RF. 

There was never any mention of Veterans Day or honoring our veterans. I never heard of anyone being encouraged or allowed to join the military when we were members but did hear of a couple members who left the military and it sounded like RF was the primary reason. 

• Upvote 2
  • Thank You 4

23 hours ago, FreefromRF said:

It was recommended to read 2 certain books, a certain brand of water purifier was suggested, encouragement to fill prescriptions even if you did not need the medicine in order to save it in your stockpile, food examples to store including some resources (at one point Gwen she even had a small group of men visit/tour a food prepping place run by the Mormons and there were claims that this place would let some RF members order food from them for long term storage. It did not come to fruition as far as I am aware.) When we were members, we actually read the books and did do the prepping as encouraged when we were members. We had a large closet full of food, medications, vitamins, water, batteries,  and other recommended items. We stopped that when we decided to leave RF. 

I even recall there being some talk about planning to bury a shipping container (on Gwen's rural property where she has a cabin) so families and the "church" could store Remnant Readiness items in case of an emergency, There was primarily talk of preparing for EMP as an example. I do not think this ever actually happened either. 

A RF member told me when Remnant Readiness was in early stages...if an EMP happened it would be easy to tell who the true saints actually were by seeing who shared their remnant readiness stock pile with those members who had not prepared. 

But, but, I thought you just have to pray and wait for God to provide... That's not how it works after all? First you have to grab what you want, bury it, and THEN you pray and wait for God to provide you with stuff from your buried stash?

I think Gwen posted two devotionals at once because there was nothing new yesterday. Well there still isn't anything new, but, you know.

We learn it's wrong to obsess about being thin

and that exercise is destructive and every step you took made it worse

and all this eyerolling really hurt me.

kuva.png.b3050386baf240fc829b054a4b8c0275.png

I am so confused... is it my job to bury a shipping container or should I pray that God will move a mountain on top of it?

I have no idea how a cult made of people who just wait for God to move mountains can ever get anything organized.  I mean, yeah, God has moved some mountains... but He is very slow and it takes millions of years usually to notice anything.

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 4

Yep. Half the time it’s let go and trust god, you cant control anything anyways, look at the birds, they dont stow away food in barns and yet our heavenly father feeds them. What happens on earth doesnt matter, it only matters if you get into heaven.  Just have love for god in your heart, that’s all you need. 

The other half of the time it’s you need to do more, america’s fatties are hastening the apocalypse, god is warning gwen that “something” bad is coming soon and we all need to be ready. Actually you do need to stow away food in barns, or better yet closets and underground bunkers. Exactly what gwen was warning about is always defined in retrospect so that gwen is never wrong and always seems like a prophet. But something bad is coming soon and you had better get all the sin out of your heart and all the pounds off your body ASAP. 

I honestly think there’s about a 2-3 month cycle:  2-3 months of love sermons, followed by 2-3 months of fear sermons, followed by love again, followed by fear again. Gotta keep the people excited and on their toes. Cant let people have too much time to think or they’ll realize the whole thing is bullshit, right Gwennie?

Gwen has accumulated even more wrong predictions about impending disasters than Pat Robertson, but her followers are all too brainwashed to notice.

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 4

There is no gwenotional today but fear not, I have some gweneric wisdom for you.

Spoiler

kuva.png.361d146494546be9a68dec3b42161f38.png

Not saying it isn't mostly true but citing Gwen for this trite observation is like that time Trump claimed to have invented the word fake. I am copyrighting Carpe Diem next week.

Spoiler

kuva.png.234d833aed233b91e5e30b1d7d5e1c29.png

kuva.png.15bb0fb9949daa34279d7437c01fbdfb.pngkuva.png.b4f39dc6c13376c955041c9ca8fe8593.png

kuva.png.5dd8576cd833477313c5940403e08927.png

kuva.png.9932a43b4cd0037f6b9234e96d438828.pngkuva.png.c83f9ccc6cc3e06e7f73d9aefc764af2.png

kuva.png.e9f749746c7fcc6be5aa8848d7432662.png

• Upvote 5
  • Thank You 4

New hope just makes me think of Star Wars

And do not be afraid, because you should only fear missing the guiding hand of God for what He wants.

Some of Gwen's sentences are so awkward.

And on Instagram we learn that Gwen pays absolutely no attention to anything that's going on outside of her own navel. kuva.png.bfd6498ff99b71198dc369c3656c88bf.png

The world will never change... Really? REALLY? you've never noticed the world changing?

Gwen hasn't succeeded in changing the world so it must mean that the world doesn't change at all, ever,  and not that she is personally unable to change it all by gwenself

Edited by AmazonGrace
  • Upvote 9
  • I Agree 1

Today we learn how to cure your eating disorder in two easy steps: 

1. Join Gwen's cult. 

2. Stop having an eating disorder. 

How to Be Healed from Eating Disorders

May 20, 2021

by Gwen Shamblin Lara

0 Comment

You can be completely set free from eating disorders. Let us not Band-Aid the symptom, though; let us go straight to the root. The Weigh Down approach to eating is absolutely the answer to it all.
Here is the way to break the cycle:

Stop dieting and starving or purging to fix the binge or any over- eating. Replace it with hunger and fullness. The result will be no deprivation as you wake up today and know that as soon as you get hungry, you will be able to eat.

Replace the intensive desire to eat with an intensive desire for God, and the bingeing will end. As a result, the bulimia will subside. By reintroducing yourself to regular foods, you will not only learn to eat them with control, but the so-called “forbidden foods” will lose their appeal after a while.

A certain sense of peace comes with knowing that whenever you get hungry, you may have that food. Again, as we have stated before, your body has incredible biological feedback for variety. Once you have had enough of that one food, you will not want it again for a while.

Gods Against Swimming bring you this hard-to-read meme:  image.png.80fcfeba30ab3cc05f561b48d2bc5d41.png

• Confused 1
  • Eyeroll 3
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 2

... but I liked backstroking in the Red Sea!!  Ok technically I was in the Gulf of Aqaba, but close enough!! Great diving there too!

Also really liked the point where we could see Israel, Egypt, Jordan and Saudi Arabia at the same time. 

• Upvote 6
  • Love 2

When you're just beginning in a cult, it can be difficult to internalize all the cult teachings about what you're feeling yet.

Spoiler

How to Sense Internal Controls

May 21, 2021

by Gwen Shamblin Lara

0 Comment

When you start the journey, it is not uncommon to have no idea about what your internal senses are telling you.

If you aren't used to interpreting everything as a sign you may have rational explanations to ordinary sensations.

Spoiler

If you have never looked for the Voice of God from within or from without, you might not know what to look for.

If your heart pounds while shopping you may think that you forgot your arrhythmia medications, that going to the mall provoked a panic attack, or that you're extremely out of shape and should exercise more.  But you need your friendly neighborhood prophet to figure out that it means God wants you to buy another brand.  If you're trying to figure out how much to spend, cult newbies might consider their available budget and completely ignore their divinely governed heart rate.

Spoiler

For those trying to learn what to buy when you are shopping or trying to figure out when have you spent enough, when your heart pounds, it is to warn you, or your heart may pound when God wants you to speak up.

Those not in a cult might think they woke up to pee or because their spouse snores. But once the brainwashing kicks in you will know it's all one big sign that God Wants You Awake.

Spoiler

Who would have known that God uses different ways to wake you in the night? Samuel was a young boy and yet he finally learned it was God calling him in the night.

If you're deeply entreched in the cult you can be convinced that you never knew what you wanted before.

Spoiler

For those trying to learn how to sense what the body is calling for, you need to realize how much man-made rules block you from sensing what you need. Why is it hard to select foods? As a child, you ate what your mother cooked for you; when you went to school, you ate what the public government schools prepared and demanded that you eat; as you got older, you started dieting and ate what the latest program or magazine told you to eat. In fact, have you ever sensed what you wanted? If so, it was probably early in your life. More about this tomorrow!

Wait, now I'm confused, (again). Every other day WeighDown is about being selfless and not eating what you want and every other day it's about sensing your internal controls and eating what you wanted. But which one is on even days and which one is on odd days?

• Upvote 1
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Thank You 3

54 minutes ago, AmazonGrace said:

Wait, now I'm confused, (again). Every other day WeighDown is about being selfless and not eating what you want and every other day it's about sensing your internal controls and eating what you wanted. But which one is on even days and which one is on odd days?

For those trying to learn how to sense what the body is calling for, you need to realize how much man-made rules block you from sensing what you need. Why is it hard to select foods? As a child, you ate what your mother cooked for you; when you went to school, you ate what the public government schools prepared and demanded that you eat; as you got older, you started dieting and ate what the latest program or magazine told you to eat. In fact, have you ever sensed what you wanted? If so, it was probably early in your life. More about this tomorrow!

Everything about this pisses me off.  It isn't hard to select foods.  Just because we occasionally overeat or make bad choices doesn't mean that we don't know how to select foods.  And, even in childhood, we have some choices.  I frequently "sense what I want".  Not only that, but she ends the whole mess on a cliffhanger.  No, Gwen.  I don't want to hear more about it tomorrow.

She's turned her whole flock into a bunch of children who don't feel that they can choose wisely so they have to wait for signs from God or Gwen -- mostly Gwen.  She gets to tell them what to eat, what to wear, how to act, and how to raise their children.  It's sick.

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 4

Also, Gwen hammers it into every kid in Remnant that if your parent makes a choice for you, that is God making that choice for you, and if you don’t like it, then you need to change your heart until you like it. Now all of a sudden it’s not listening to God if you’re a child and you accept what your parent picks for your meals? Which is it? 

Edited by throwaway9988
  • Upvote 6
  • Thank You 3

Gwen has managed to justify not exercising: It is righteous to lie down, and if it makes her muscles hurt afterwards, working out is actually a sin.

Spoiler

How to Sense an Internal Leading

May 22, 2021

by Gwen Shamblin Lara

0 Comment

A part of living a righteous life is to have respect for how God made the body. Listen to the internal cues as all animals do. If you are thirsty, drink. If you are hungry, eat. If you are sleepy, sleep. If you are sick or tired, rest as the body cues you, and if your feet hurt, sit down. Listen and respond to digestive tract movements. When I am really tired, I get completely horizontal—no pillow—so my heart can rest. I learned this from responding to what felt best for my body. If something is painful, do not do it—like overexercising. Just work up the muscles slowly. Avoid too much sun. It is wrong to inflict pain on your body. Be wise and you will protect your bones and your body the rest of your life. The answers are within. This fact helps a child to become secure, mature, and dependent on God, and independent of man. In general, people like to be told what to do so that they do not have the responsibility of finding the leading of God for themselves. Dieters as a rule no longer trust themselves and have the impression that they will binge if given freedom.

Here is what you need to do… start with prayer—calling out to God for His lead and His Spirit of “self-control,” for His wisdom from within on what to eat, when to start and stop, when to spend resources and when to speak. We will continue on this topic tomorrow

She doesn't know shit about pain either... "if something is painful don't do it" may be good advice in some situations but in others the avoidance behavior will just make you hurt more in the long run.

• Upvote 7

On 5/21/2021 at 12:44 AM, AmazonGrace said:

Today we learn how to cure your eating disorder in two easy steps: 

1. Join Gwen's cult. 

2. Stop having an eating disorder. 

Gods Against Swimming bring you this hard-to-read meme:  image.png.80fcfeba30ab3cc05f561b48d2bc5d41.png

Is it wrong that I suddenly wondered if the "Red Sea" was a reference to periods stopping due to being underweight? 

• Upvote 3

Gwen eats any damn junk she wants to and it's all healthy if she wants it bad enough

63 souls have been sucked into this cult last night.

Spoiler

kuva.png.18dbb68339418de363318c4c412163f2.png

I wonder if Gwen has had some trouble with orthorexia at some point because all this emphasis on how no man made food rules have any value whatsoever is a bit odd for a nutritionist and I think it has to be a reaction to something. There's a ton of research saying certain ways of eating are healthier than others and she's just throwing it all into the garbage to defend her Fritos addiction.

Edited by AmazonGrace
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 3

1 hour ago, AmazonGrace said:

63 souls have been sucked into this cult last night.

Former Rf-ers --  in your experience how many of the 63 will be RF for life going all in and how many will drop out relatively quickly or after a few years.

We know there are members who've been with her since the beginning,  But people do leave/ drop out -- those of you who post here for example, Joe Langsdon's 1st wife, Hannah Collins' 1st husband (those are the ones I can think of).

• Upvote 5
  • Thank You 3

Gwen of the Fallacies presents: 

Animals can't read the food pyramid so you should eat more junk food.

One reason  this  argument is idiotic is because depending on the species, you totally can make animals sick by  feeding them the wrong thing. And humans are no exception. By the way,  this fallacy is called appeal to nature ("there are no food pyramids in the wild so  nutritional science has no value")  

But I love how she gives you permission to eat fruit and celery occasionally, if God forces you to. He might, he is weird like that. But you can always add ranch.     

In the world of fallacies, we have others  here as well. Very few scientists are saying going completely vegetarian and never eating any junk food whatsoever is the only way to  be healthy so defeating this strawman argument in no way negates the health benefits of mostly plant based diet and avoiding certain unhealthy choices most of the time.  

Whether it's morally wrong to eat animal based food is conflating a different issue. Morally unproblematic things could yet be unhealthy (If you don't think unhealthy choices are inherently wrong because of the unhealthiness), and things that are healthy for you could be morally wrong for other reasons, such as causing suffering for others, or destroying the environment. 

The popularity of sugary cereals, cheese dip, and PBJ sandwiches is the bandwagon fallacy and has no bearing  on their relative healthiness. 

• Upvote 8

On 5/23/2021 at 10:56 AM, Red Hair, Black Dress said:

Former Rf-ers --  in your experience how many of the 63 will be RF for life going all in and how many will drop out relatively quickly or after a few years.

We know there are members who've been with her since the beginning,  But people do leave/ drop out -- those of you who post here for example, Joe Langsdon's 1st wife, Hannah Collins' 1st husband (those are the ones I can think of).

I can’t speak to how it is currently, but it was a “big decision” to get baptized when I was a member. I had to tell leadership in advance of the baptisms that I wanted to be considered and they said I could. There also are big baptism events around Gwen’s festivals. Considering they just had Pentecost which normally is used for baby dedication, “confirmation” where youth who are turning 13 are committing to God, and graduates are honored, I am not surprised there was a large number of baptisms.

Fun fact, I don’t think they let anyone get baptized remote or I have never heard of it. You have to travel to Brentwood to be baptized as far as I know. 

People certainly leave, but many people are fearful of speaking out either for personal reasons but more often fear of alienation by family members still in Remnant. 

• Upvote 4
  • Thank You 2

To previous members:

What are you thoughts about remnant family members who cut off all ties with you for about 2 years. Said you were dead to them, and then you call them up and ask if you could stop by in Brentwood and they say yes and act like nothing has happened. The remnant family member returned Christmas gifts unopened, cards unopened, and called you every name in the book, swore you would never be alone with their children, spread lies in remnant about all of the other family members not in remnant... you get the idea. 

Then all of the sudden you can stop by for a morning visit, spend time with their kids alone, they are so happy to see you and you think nothing would have happened at all. Thoughts???

• Upvote 6
  • Sad 1

4 minutes ago, cookingbutterchicken said:

To previous members:

What are you thoughts about remnant family members who cut off all ties with you for about 2 years. Said you were dead to them, and then you call them up and ask if you could stop by in Brentwood and they say yes and act like nothing has happened. The remnant family member returned Christmas gifts unopened, cards unopened, and called you every name in the book, swore you would never be alone with their children, spread lies in remnant about all of the other family members not in remnant... you get the idea. 

Then all of the sudden you can stop by for a morning visit, spend time with their kids alone, they are so happy to see you and you think nothing would have happened at all. Thoughts???

I am so sorry if this was your experience. I know how hard it is. Depending on the time frame of when the two years of no contact occurred, there might have been a doctrine change. There was a slight shift in the 2010s (if I remember correctly) were members were encouraged to reconnect with estranged family members as long as they were NOT mockers. 

Gwen is not known for the most consistent doctrine on some topics (divorce, shunning to name a few). So I would assume that there was a discussion that cause your family to reconsider cutting contact. 

• Upvote 3
  • Thank You 6

12 hours ago, RFsurvivor said:

I am so sorry if this was your experience. I know how hard it is. Depending on the time frame of when the two years of no contact occurred, there might have been a doctrine change. There was a slight shift in the 2010s (if I remember correctly) were members were encouraged to reconnect with estranged family members as long as they were NOT mockers. 

Gwen is not known for the most consistent doctrine on some topics (divorce, shunning to name a few). So I would assume that there was a discussion that cause your family to reconsider cutting contact. 

Yes, somewhere in the 2010s we got a call from someone all excited that Gwen had said that you no longer had to go to RF to be saved (or, not ALL other churches were prostitute curves), you just had to pretty much believe RF theology. ?

• Upvote 4
  • WTF 1

The French live longer because they eat less and because they eat more

Apparently they consume really tiny meals that must be all butter and cheese. Less vegetable oil and more saturated fat is the key to living longer.

Apropos of nothing I'll just leave these pictures here.

Spoiler

kuva.png.5d780a83e9a0194e1d33cea9a7d4b838.png

kuva.thumb.png.d063856f53fde1514a804eb85dd0d43a.png

I am not sure how a woman who eats so little can be so full of shit.

This link contains data that reminds us that the French and American diets vary by more than one factor (and these are all averages so different Americans have different habits as well):

https://www.bmj.com/content/348/bmj.g2272

Global, regional, and national consumption levels of dietary fats and oils in 1990 and 2010: a systematic analysis including 266 country-specific nutrition surveys

And finally, longevity is not influenced  just by your diet, it's also your exercise, your genes, your environment, your medical care...

Edited by AmazonGrace
  • Upvote 4

• hoipolloi changed the title to Gwen Shamblin Lara 15: [29 May 2021] Gwen, Joe & 5 Others Presumed Dead in Plane Crash
  • Destiny locked this topic