IGNORED

Gwen Shamblin Lara 15: Rinse and Repeat

@Xan, Gwen’s musing about the “miracle” of cows producing milk despite an all-grass diet reminded me of Lara The Lazy Organizer, whom we discussed back in the day and who has gone off line. (The Lazy Organizer was famous for radical reduction of physical objects in her home, and fantasizing about packing up her passel of kids with maybe two outfits apiece and living on the road in a camper.) Lara felt that filling her kids up on plain steamed vegetables should give them adequate nutrition because “that’s what cows do.”

Gwen and Lara seem not to realize that COWS CAN DIGEST CELLULOSE AND HUMANS CANNOT. You’d think a registered dietitian would have learned this, but who the fuck am I.

Edited by Hane
Fat-fingering and Formatting From Hell.
  • Upvote 7
  • I Agree 2
  • Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• AmazonGrace

• Blue

• quiversR4hunting

• Ozlsn

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Like Baptists at the liquor store!

Is the out-of-towner a member or a nonmember?  If a member was asked not to come, I think the leadership would usually tell the member why, and the most likely reason would be that the member is "stru

Gwen has a 3ish hour PowerPoint presentation on why the Jews are wrong about the dates of their own holidays. And how as TRUE Christians, they are obligated to follow the instructions of the Bible to

Posted Images

RFsurvivor
1 hour ago, ElleHouston said:

Maggie had weight loss surgery a couple of years back. It doesn’t surprise me that she gained some weight back. 

Oh really? I’m surprised. I can’t bring myself to watch the video but I wonder if that’s just ignored. 

• Upvote 3
15 minutes ago, RFsurvivor said:

Oh really? I’m surprised. I can’t bring myself to watch the video but I wonder if that’s just ignored. 

I admit to zoning out from time to time while the video ran but I don't remember any mention of surgery.  All credit is given to Weigh Down and Gwen.

• Upvote 3
ElleHouston
6 minutes ago, Xan said:

I admit to zoning out from time to time while the video ran but I don't remember any mention of surgery.  All credit is given to Weigh Down and Gwen.

An ex-RF member told me that she drove Maggie to the hospital the day of surgery. 

• Upvote 1
  • Thank You 6
Botkinetti

Bizarre and unhealthy.
I realize she is wearing a ton of makeup and contouring her face so it gives the appearance of high sharp cheekbones but she must startle people when they see her in person. 

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 3
AmazonGrace

You are not to worry about the scales but if your weight is not going down you're doing everything wrong.

Apparently Gwen's calendar has Mother's Day in its usual place. We learn that parents are a concept that exist solely because God wants more praise.

kuva.png.d20779250333e81a1d5eac317497e49d.png

Not because, you know, humans are mammals who reproduce sexually,  and without "parents" there would be nobody to think about this.

• Upvote 7
bloopbloopdoop
On 5/8/2021 at 5:56 PM, AmazonGrace said:

Smith bond hearing? What does the front row guy have to smirk about?

idk. i think that's ted 🥴 he gives me bad vibes

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 1
AmazonGrace
16 hours ago, Ozlsn said:

Got to say her makeup choices seem to be getting odder. Maybe it's the screen shots, but it looks bizarre to me.

The eyebrows are a mystery to me. They're such a broad smudge on on the inside and such a thin line on the outside? Is it symbolic of WeighDown? at first you were fat and then you got thinner.  (the pic is from joe's FB)

kuva.png.f75e915cc10f87f916ea7ef061fbeb52.png

• WTF 1
  • Haha 5
quiversR4hunting
On 5/8/2021 at 1:55 PM, Xan said:

Your body needs about "90% carbohydrates"

Oh I so wish!!! Carbaholic right here! Thankfully I know to do portions and balance (most days). 

WTH is up with the heavy long under the eye line that goes up her nose? Thanks @Xan for the screenshots and recap. I can't handle listening to any of these wackados. 

image.png.5fd8158c2190f934d52f152756626488.png

• Upvote 5
Xan
3 hours ago, quiversR4hunting said:

Oh I so wish!!! Carbaholic right here! Thankfully I know to do portions and balance (most days). 

WTH is up with the heavy long under the eye line that goes up her nose? Thanks @Xan for the screenshots and recap. I can't handle listening to any of these wackados. 

image.png.5fd8158c2190f934d52f152756626488.png

I don't understand her makeup at all.  Why would someone draw their eyebrows down to the corner of their eye?  She's seriously going for a raccoon look here.  And the dark lipstick just ages her more.  

I understand that she's having trouble accepting that she's 66 years old but it's time she faced the truth.  Even with what appears to be plastic surgery on her face, the rest of her body gives it away.  Exhibit A:  (elbows)  Full disclosure:  I, too, have crepey elbows but I'm okay with it.

Spoiler

23797779_Screenshot(1709)_LI.jpg.be3d4356b78dc0bc6735b918456cf366.jpg

Edited by Xan
  • Upvote 2
  • I Agree 1
Hane

Full disclosure: I am 68 and a Woman of Vast Scope and Dimension (aka plus-sized), who wouldn’t be let into the door of House o’ Gwod. Facially, I’m not much to look at, either.

Still, I’m taken aback by women in my age group who strive to be as thin as possible and whose makeup gets more and more overdone and whose hair gets more and more overprocessed. I’m not talking skilled makeup that’s intentionally done for dramatic effect—I’m talking what I see on Gwen and JRod. Doesn’t anyone have the ‘nads to talk to them? We had the same situation at work with a really brilliant manager (who was on the “artistic” side outside work) but who piled on so much amateurish makeup that people seeing her for the first time had their jaws drop open.

I’ve also read that extreme dieting can pose a cardiac risk to women over 60. (I don’t mean careful, nutritionally sound eating plans.)

• I Agree 5
throwaway9988

Maybe Gwen watched the Queen’s Gambit recently and wanted to try some 60s mod makeup. 

7E53AD85-574A-42B1-944E-9805B50C3C39.jpeg

although, she has been drawing her eyebrow down to the corner of her eye for a while, still not sure what that is about. Making the eye look lower and saggier is usually not the goal. 

On 5/8/2021 at 1:55 PM, Xan said:

Maggie does have a moment later and she's saying that she prays more now and has her prayers answered.  She started praying at a stoplight and it turned green for her.  

Yes, red lights tend to turn green fairly soon after you stop at them. Classic Remnant answered prayer lol. Call me when one of them regrows an amputated limb or something interesting

Edited by throwaway9988
  • Haha 9