IGNORED

Gwen Shamblin Lara 15: [29 May 2021] Gwen, Joe & 5 Others Presumed Dead in Plane Crash

Coconut Flan

15 hours ago, RFsurvivor said:

Methinks starving isn't good for the brain. If you want to remove the yeast you would fast from leavened bread and not unleavened... no? Also, if God told you to do this at a particular time  do you really want to tell Him it's not a good time and we will do it some other time when it's more convenient for our desires?

Exodus 23 says, “Three times a year you are to celebrate a festival to me. Celebrate the Feast of Unleavened Bread; for seven days eat bread made without yeast, as I commanded you. Do this at the appointed time in the month of Abib, for in that month you came out of Egypt. No one is to appear before me empty-handed.”

Leviticus 23 says, “These are the LORD ‘s appointed feasts, the sacred assemblies you are to proclaim at their appointed times: The LORD ‘s Passover begins at twilight on the fourteenth day of the first month. On the fifteenth day of that month the LORD ‘s Feast of Unleavened Bread begins; for seven days you must eat bread made without yeast. On the first day hold a sacred assembly and do no regular work. For seven days present an offering made to the LORD by fire. And on the seventh day hold a sacred assembly and do no regular work.”

Passover begins Saturday evening, March 27th. This is the time we will observe the Passover meal together in our Assembly This is also the day when you will remove the yeast from your homes, however, we have the opportunity of spending more time at home and together to start earlier to examine our hearts and clean out the leaven from both our homes and our hearts, so please note that if your family would like to start this 7-day fast from unleavened bread earlier, please feel free to choose your own date that best suits the needs of your family.. 

On the Passover night, the families eat the Passover meal in haste (quickly)…like the Hebrews did, and you have the chance to go over what it means with your family.

I love how they need to explain that in haste means quickly, because the starving brains of the RF members wouldn't comprehend.

Anyway, how is this different from any other meal? If you normally eat two bites of a burger and lick the salt off four chips, all meals are quick.

This is not a fast from eating food altogether.

The Passover isn't but the cult of Remnant is.

Edited by AmazonGrace
  • Upvote 7

38 minutes ago, AmazonGrace said:

If you normally eat two bites of a burger and lick the salt off four chips

Is chip licking an actual thing in Remnant?

• Upvote 5

18 hours ago, RFsurvivor said:

Thank you for the link! I didn't read the theological type sections, but I read some of the suggested recipes. The recipe for "Salty Ranch-flavored Unleavened Bread" caught my eye, for some reason.

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Howl said:

Is chip licking an actual thing in Remnant?

Not sure that Gwen would tell you so but we had a thread named after chip licking so I'm sure it came from somewhere lol :)  IIRC there was a devotional in which Gwen waxed lyrical about cows that lick salt, and said that she gets salt cravings, and how we should not avoid salt in our diet because it's not harmful if you eat very little overall. There was also something about choosing the saltiest chips  but I'm not sure if it was a devotional or a former member post.

Anyway I think the point is,

1. the advice to avoid salt is bad because it's  healthy and has a scientific backing (=man-made rules)

2. if you have already fulfilled your salt craving by getting more salt you may want to eat less of salty foods and end up consuming fewer calories overall

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, WhatWouldJohnCrichtonDo? said:

Thank you for the link! I didn't read the theological type sections, but I read some of the suggested recipes. The recipe for "Salty Ranch-flavored Unleavened Bread" caught my eye, for some reason.

The thing that stood out to me the most was:

"Use Western lamb leg with bone 8 to 9 pounds – IF you choose to do this, feel free to select a SMALLER PORTION of lamb for just your family. The portion listed here references feeding a larger group…"

Firstly that you even feel the need to mention that you can use a smaller roast if you have a small family indicates a certain level of exact rule following going on. I mean, I tend to stick to recipes, but also am fully capable of going "that'll be too much for three people, instead of a 3.6kg roast I'll get a 1kg one" and then scaling down the other ingredients appropriately.

Secondly, I am now curious as to what size "a larger group" actually is in Gwen's context. From this site 8-9lb with bone should feed 12-14 adults comfortably (teenagers on the other hand... just get a full lamb on a spit, seriously.) I really want to know how many adults figure into this equation.

Also do leftovers figure into anyone's consciousness at Remnant? Because about the only times I have lamb these days is Christmas, so I associate it strongly with having leftovers for several days.

• Upvote 5

As I was enjoying some hearty food, candy and wine today my mind briefly drifted to Remnant, Gwen and their weird eating habits. It’s sad to think they can’t even enjoy some extra treats and good food today. I don’t give a care what Gwen thinks of me or my eating habits but my guess is what I ate today would have given her and her flock the vapors so to speak. 

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 2

Today at our little COVID Pathetic Easter (just my daughter, her husband, their son, and I,  because the youngest members of our extended family aren’t vaxxed yet), there were charcuterie and various Italian cheeses, served with olives, warm Italian bread I baked this morning, and cold Asti spumante. Then there was the world’s smallest ham, roasted asparagus, and scalloped potatoes. After we chilled for a while, there were chocolate-peanut butter cupcakes with cute little toasted coconut and chocolate mini-egg bird’s nests on them. 
And nobody, fat or thin, gave a flying flip about the “spiritual” implications of eating, other than being grateful to share a nice meal with people we love.

• Upvote 4
  • Love 8

The rinse and repeat instructionals this week have all been covered in thread 6 up until this post, and thread 12 as well.

In short: food is your enemy. If you like to eat God will curse you. You need to transfer the time and money you spent eating, and  give it to God's Kingdom Remnant Fellowship.

kuva.png.dc9a937c91b18f6ecd2ed48cc7e2f416.png

If you eat little enough you will be light as the clouds.

• Confused 1
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Haha 5
  • Thank You 1

27 minutes ago, AmazonGrace said:

The rinse and repeat instructional this week have all been covered in thread 6 up until this post, and thread 12 as well.

In short: food is your enemy. If you like to eat God will curse you. You need to transfer the time and money you spent eating, and  give it to God's Kingdom Remnant Fellowship.

kuva.png.dc9a937c91b18f6ecd2ed48cc7e2f416.png

If you eat little enough you will be light as the clouds.

we all know she is full of BS. That cloud quote is ridiculous and so not true! They feel better after they eat because the body is happy to have fuel. 

https://www.ucsfhealth.org/education/treating-low-blood-sugar And the first on the list is candy and juices because that should give you a quick spike. Seriously if it is always low there is something wrong and the person really needs a doctor and probably fruit and more carbs in their every day diet. She is absolutely horrible.

Can RF people google health sites or are those off limits too? 

• Upvote 4

1 hour ago, AmazonGrace said:

God hates food hoarders  so if you have flour, cans of soup, jam and crackers in the pantry and microwave meals in the freezer, you ain't gonna get the happies. No sticker for you, ma'am!

kuva.thumb.png.f375b71719c34620fe83913ccceab30b.png

The exception was "Remnant Readiness" when there was a committee of people chosen to research the best ways to prepare for an EMP. They put together recommendations, many of which were then disseminated to the rest of the members. The recommendations included items to buy and have on hand: such as water purifier, cast iron cookware, stockpiling foods,  getting prescriptions filled as often as possible even if you were not taking them (especially antibiotics, what kind of flashlights to have, what you need for self -protection, and more. There were also a couple books that we were recommended to read on the topic of survival after an EMP. 

Edited by FreefromRF
typo
  • Upvote 3
  • Thank You 5

If sinners do it, it's called hoarding.

If saints do it, it's called stockpiling.

• Upvote 3
  • Eyeroll 2
  • I Agree 7

On 4/4/2021 at 5:54 PM, Ozlsn said:

Also do leftovers figure into anyone's consciousness at Remnant? Because about the only times I have lamb these days is Christmas, so I associate it strongly with having leftovers for several days.

We ALWAYS had left-overs in our fridge...both from eating out and cooking at home. Unfortunately we ended up throwing alot of food away. There was no mention of this being bad. Gwen would say it was better to feed the trash can than to feed your body that food if your stomach was not growling. 

On 3/25/2021 at 1:23 PM, Blue said:

Would family be discouraged from inviting non RF family to those things? 

I remember it being taboo to invite a non RF family member to anything without talking with leadership first. Also, festivals were "closed" events for several years (no non-members allowed) then suddenly that changed (but you still were expected to talk with leadership about it).

• Upvote 3
  • Thank You 6

On 3/24/2021 at 2:53 PM, WeirdHarold said:

How do RFers prepare for the passover?

I remember when we first joined Remnant, we went through everything in the pantry and read all the ingredients looking for hidden yeast (sin) and got rid of all food items with yeast. A couple years later we were told we could put those food items in the garage rather than throw them away. And a few years later, the expectation changed again and we were told to avoid the obvious yeast and not worry about searching through the pantry. Like SO MANY of Gwen's teachings these things would morph...and I would tell myself that this is a young church and we are learning and figuring it out- I was oblivious for years. 

• Upvote 9
  • Thank You 1

"It's the Passover. Yeast is sin. Put the sin away in the garage. But don't throw it away, you might need it later."

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 8

Today in That's Not How It Works, Gwen thinks you can get pregnant from not-eating.

Spoiler

So Gwennie, dear, um, have you heard of birds and the bees? Yes, they're very happy... Um, this is a bit embarrassing, but you know, you can put a stick in a hole... a banana in the oven... Yes, you will get a fried banana... look here - damn it, why are we having this discussion, didn't your parents tell you any of this?  Well, anyway dads have boy parts, and moms have girl parts. And when mommy and daddy love each other very much, they can put their parts together. And sometimes when they mix their... umm... fluids, they may get a baby. What, Gwennie? yes, dad puts his fluid inside mommy's girl parts, and mommy has an egg, and dad's fluid gets into the egg and the egg plants in mommy's tummy and starts growing, and after nine months it will be a baby.... What, Gwennie? Yeah, usually mom is not very thin if there is a baby in her tummy. No Gwennie, I wouldn't say it's gross.

If you don't get it you have to flip it.

kuva.png.ff61a03a38920cee183aadb2a82ad1a0.png

Edited by AmazonGrace
  • Upvote 3
  • Eyeroll 2

2 hours ago, AmazonGrace said:

Paging Nietzsche: God is dying.

kuva.png.04c48a3b3eca9eadfc2d8ca1e48b3b4a.png

God is jealous? seriously? Like many that cherry pick the bible and are legalistic, she really likes the OT. 

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 3

Gwen's God is that narcissistic boyfriend you had the good sense to dump but not before he made you miserable: 

-obsessed that you must be thin and wear tiny clothes and nags you if you don't beg him for permission for every little thing you eat

-manipulates you with shamelessly to get you to do what he wants with promises, occasional rewards, threats, occasional punishments

-if he doesn't give you what  he promised he gaslights you into thinking it's for your own good or maybe he gave you a more subtle reward and you were too stupid and selfish to notice

-changes the rules arbitrarily based on his convenience or the mood of the day

-wants constant praise and needs to be thanked for everything, even things that he had nothing to do with

-infantilizes you up to the point that you can't think like an adult anymore and just submit to his whims

-wants your constant attention and gets mad if you have other priorities besides him

-guilt trips you if you don't text him back IMMEDIATELY at all hours every day

-you need to be happy with him, always, and if you complain it's all your fault

Edited by AmazonGrace
  • Upvote 5
  • Thank You 1
  • Love 3

2 hours ago, AmazonGrace said:

Gwen's God is that narcissistic boyfriend you had the good sense to dump but not before he made you miserable: 

-obsessed that you must be thin and wear tiny clothes and nags you if you don't beg him for permission for every little thing you eat

-manipulates you with shamelessly to get you to do what he wants with promises, occasional rewards, threats, occasional punishments

-if he doesn't give you what  he promised he gaslights you into thinking it's for your own good or maybe he gave you a more subtle reward and you were too stupid and selfish to notice

-wants constant praise and needs to be thanked for everything, even things that he had nothing to do with

-infantilizes you up to the point that you can't think like an adult anymore and just submit to his whims

-wants your constant attention and gets mad if you have other priorities besides him

This post deserves a standing ovation. I don't love the content but I live that you hit the nail on the head with every point. 

Maybe RF members are still lurking here. I hope they are and I hope our posts get their wheels turning again. ?

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 6

On 4/6/2021 at 11:56 AM, FreefromRF said:

I remember when we first joined Remnant, we went through everything in the pantry and read all the ingredients looking for hidden yeast (sin) and got rid of all food items with yeast. A couple years later we were told we could put those food items in the garage rather than throw them away. And a few years later, the expectation changed again and we were told to avoid the obvious yeast and not worry about searching through the pantry. Like SO MANY of Gwen's teachings these things would morph...and I would tell myself that this is a young church and we are learning and figuring it out- I was oblivious for years. 

Oh my goodness... It's so creepy to read that because that is word for word what or family told us... "We're a young church and still learning and figuring it out..." 

It's happened with other discussions too... Where different RF people will respond with the EXACT same wording to questions at different places and times. It's so weird...

• Upvote 4
  • Thank You 4

Today in Logical Fallacies for Beginners,    we learn that Gwen does not understand homophones and she teaches us about Non Sequitur

Why is it hard to stop eating? It is because without the truth that God adores you and wants a relationship with you and is generous…you become a god—and we are bad gods.

This is like saying, Why is it hard to drink water? It is because without the truth that Edward Scissorhands loves you, you become a turnip, and you are a bad turnip. 

Even if we assume that it is indeed a truth that Edward Scissorhands loves you, it does not follow that you become a turnip if you're unaware of this truth. Even if we assume that you become a turnip it does not follow that you are a bad turnip. Even if we assume that you are a bad turnip it does not follow that this is the reason that it's hard to drink water. (And should we even assume the premise that it's hard to drink water? It's  a matter of opinion.)

kuva.png.2e308306f4a69221f6adacfa249b12ae.png

Gwen doesn't want you to do your chores.

Edited by AmazonGrace
  • Upvote 5
  • I Agree 2

20 hours ago, AmazonGrace said:

We've always said that we couldn't follow Gwen's God because he's petty and immature. As a parent, my love for my girls is not based on their behavior, but Gwen's God turns his back on you and gets snippy if you eat too much cake. ?

• Upvote 6

Elizabeth posted an Instagram pic of her and her two oldest girls in Key largo. Is Gwen against sunscreen? Because her girls are quite sun burned. 

• Upvote 3

• hoipolloi changed the title to Gwen Shamblin Lara 15: [29 May 2021] Gwen, Joe & 5 Others Presumed Dead in Plane Crash
  • Destiny locked this topic