IGNORED

Gwen Shamblin Lara 15: [29 May 2021] Gwen, Joe & 5 Others Presumed Dead in Plane Crash

Coconut Flan

2 hours ago, Red Hair, Black Dress said:

it's Monday March 22, 2021 -- do you know where the next RF wedding is?

Still no upcoming Rf wedding(s) on the calendar. The last wedding was Dec 31, 2020, zero wedding in 2021 so far.

So either they are no longer announcing weddings/recording them in the on-line albums or they've run out of young people to marry off. 

Or maybe, just maybe no young people want to get married and chained to RF. One can but hope.

Interestingly there is one scheduled for May that is only showing on the Remnant Fellowship News site under upcoming events and not on the wedding site. 

• Upvote 3
  • Thank You 4

kuva.png.98387e0bab8000bbde67bfcb85e78323.png

I'm not a believer in graphology (it appears to be a complete pseudoscience) but I did read some interesting books about it a long time ago. IIRC they said the lower loop in G reflects hedonism, sexual libido and materialism. Apropos of nothing, there were some examples of signatures with G's that looked like testicles and a big hanging penis.

Yesterday's deja-vu-tional was about how food is supposed to stop tasting good if you're full, which I've never really observed in the wild, at least not with the tiny smidgens of food that Gwen considers too much. Today's message is: It would be a sin for Gwen not to eat junk food, drink wine, and shop for lots of fancy clothes because God is love and God wants Gwen to do whatever Gwen wants to do.

https://www.freejinger.org/topic/32153-gwen-shamblin-6-billy-madison-is-smarter-than-gwen-shamblin/?do=findComment&comment=1732187

• WTF 1
  • Thank You 3

Gwen thinks everyone outside RF exhibits binge eating disorder behavior:  wait and try to starve until your chips go stale,  eat a bunch in secrecy,  and later feel guilty and punish yourself by skipping dinner.

But lucky for Gwen, she is thin now so God buys her stuff.

https://www.freejinger.org/topic/32153-gwen-shamblin-6-billy-madison-is-smarter-than-gwen-shamblin/?do=findComment&comment=1732597

kuva.png.409c2bc917378bc9aafc6608a5a63b2f.png

Why stop at avoiding leavened bread, when you can avoid bread altogether.

• Thank You 5

On 3/23/2021 at 4:52 AM, AmazonGrace said:

because God is love and God wants Gwen to do whatever Gwen wants to do.

I initially misread that as "God is IN love and God wants Gwen to do whatever Gwen wants to do" and was momentarily shocked at the conceitedness of it. 

Then I read it properly, and it's still pretty egotistical.

• Upvote 7

To previous members:

Why would an Out-of-Towner be asked to not come to a festival by leadership? Such as Feat of Harvest or Passover or Festival of Lights...  

Would love to hear thoughts!

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 1

According to Gwen, this is an objective depiction of what nature is really like.

kuva.png.07ed86822e169ff529d2b82b7bc158e8.png

same old same old from thread 6

Deuteronomy 28 is that completely sane chapter that says that if you obey God he will bless your kneading trough but if you disobey God will make sure that your fiancee gets raped by some other dude.

• Upvote 2
  • Eyeroll 2
  • WTF 1
  • Thank You 2

1 hour ago, cookingbutterchicken said:

To previous members: Why would an Out-of-Towner be asked to not come to a festival by leadership? Such as Feat of Harvest or Passover or Festival of Lights...  Would love to hear thoughts!

Is the out-of-towner a member or a nonmember?  If a member was asked not to come, I think the leadership would usually tell the member why, and the most likely reason would be that the member is "struggling," a.k.a. not progressing quickly enough towards being a skinny, smiling, unthinking robot whose only ambitions are to volunteer at church and pump out children to be indoctrinated.  This means the out-of-towner is on leadership's radar as a problem member, and that member needs to redouble their efforts to fake it until they make it.

If a nonmember was asked not to come, my opinion is that it is usually because the festivals are when Gwen wants to give sermons that are on the more extreme ends of the spectrum.  These are the sermons that lean heavily either towards guilt ("conviction") about things that Gwen says are sins, or towards celebration about being God's pure chosen people who will go to heaven while everyone else on earth goes to hell, or towards both.  Festivals are when Gwen really likes to go hard and manipulate the Remnant members and make them feel the things they love to feel. The sermons might also be heavy on lingo and loaded language that might be confusing to someone who is new, and the sermon isn't meant to be an entry-level one full of background information and definitions to help new people understand. Festivals are when the Remnant really celebrates being unified and homogenous and pure and sinfree, so the sermons are just intrinsically not very visitor-friendly. They tell themselves the same comforting stories over and over, and it makes them feel good, and they they celebrate afterwards.  It's a culture they share, and nonmembers have to become good obedient little members before they are allowed to share in it too.

• Upvote 2
  • Thank You 12
  • Love 2

2 hours ago, throwaway9988 said:

Is the out-of-towner a member or a nonmember?  If a member was asked not to come, I think the leadership would usually tell the member why, and the most likely reason would be that the member is "struggling," a.k.a. not progressing quickly enough towards being a skinny, smiling, unthinking robot whose only ambitions are to volunteer at church and pump out children to be indoctrinated.  This means the out-of-towner is on leadership's radar as a problem member, and that member needs to redouble their efforts to fake it until they make it.

If a nonmember was asked not to come, my opinion is that it is usually because the festivals are when Gwen wants to give sermons that are on the more extreme ends of the spectrum.  These are the sermons that lean heavily either towards guilt ("conviction") about things that Gwen says are sins, or towards celebration about being God's pure chosen people who will go to heaven while everyone else on earth goes to hell, or towards both.  Festivals are when Gwen really likes to go hard and manipulate the Remnant members and make them feel the things they love to feel. The sermons might also be heavy on lingo and loaded language that might be confusing to someone who is new, and the sermon isn't meant to be an entry-level one full of background information and definitions to help new people understand. Festivals are when the Remnant really celebrates being unified and homogenous and pure and sinfree, so the sermons are just intrinsically not very visitor-friendly. They tell themselves the same comforting stories over and over, and it makes them feel good, and they they celebrate afterwards.  It's a culture they share, and nonmembers have to become good obedient little members before they are allowed to share in it too.

Would family be discouraged from inviting non RF family to those things? 

• Upvote 2

37 minutes ago, Blue said:

Would family be discouraged from inviting non RF family to those things? 

Not sure. It might depend on which leader you ask or the member/family involved. Also there were plenty of visitors and new members at festivals back in my day, it wasnt like a secret ceremony or anything, Im just guessing why someone would be asked not to come to a festival. ?‍♂️

And despite Desert Oasis being their big recruitment push, Gwen also used to have a few newbie-sermons scattered throughout each year that everyone was specifically encouraged to invite family and friends to watch. In these sermons, Gwen would always start out talking about the basics: what the Remnant is and how they are different from other churches and what they believe. But soon she would inevitably veer off course and end up on weird rants while using her typical lingo such that any guest would be left wondering what the hell was happening. And then of course Tedd or Candace or someone would have to clean up after Gwen by going on stage and talking about what an amazing message it was, to try to give the impression that Gwen’s sermon wasn’t just a crazy ramble. 

Edited by throwaway9988
  • Upvote 2
  • Thank You 8

Spoiler

Delivered Me From Death

For you have delivered me from death and my feet from stumbling, that I may walk before God in the light of life.
Psalm 56:13

Enslavement to any master other than God – whether it is food calling your name, or TV commanding your attention, or lust controlling you, or shopping occupying your heart and mind – is still enslavement. Enslavement is a part of our nature. We are all attached or enslaved to SOMETHING, and we are good slaves — we know how to devote our time, attention, and passion to something! But when you are embracing the food or any other worldly idol, you are embracing something that will drain the life out of you…these idols will NEVER love you back. Think about it. We read in the book of Exodus that God’s children, the Israelites, were in bondage to a wicked master, the pharaoh of Egypt, who did not care whether they lived or died. Your idols don’t care whether you live or die…but God does, and He wants to give you LIFE!

Giving time and attention to anything other than Gwod is an idol. I am so going to hell because I was at work all day.

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 4

44 minutes ago, AmazonGrace said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Delivered Me From Death

For you have delivered me from death and my feet from stumbling, that I may walk before God in the light of life.
Psalm 56:13

Enslavement to any master other than God – whether it is food calling your name, or TV commanding your attention, or lust controlling you, or shopping occupying your heart and mind – is still enslavement. Enslavement is a part of our nature. We are all attached or enslaved to SOMETHING, and we are good slaves — we know how to devote our time, attention, and passion to something! But when you are embracing the food or any other worldly idol, you are embracing something that will drain the life out of you…these idols will NEVER love you back. Think about it. We read in the book of Exodus that God’s children, the Israelites, were in bondage to a wicked master, the pharaoh of Egypt, who did not care whether they lived or died. Your idols don’t care whether you live or die…but God does, and He wants to give you LIFE!

Giving time and attention to anything other than Gwod is an idol. I am so going to hell because I was at work all day.

An actual real rabbi recently led a discussion on freedom vs. slavery. Incredible, the difference between their take snd Gwen’s. I’ll try to remember to edit this post with the rabbi’s 4 thoughts on freedom. I’d take one of their homilies over RF’s any day. 

• Upvote 3

Today we learn that people who eat  are going to die. (so are those who don't eat but that's irrelevant)

Spoiler

God’s Mighty Deliverance

March 27, 2021

by Gwen Shamblin Lara

0 Comment

…the length of time the Israelite people lived in Egypt was 430 years. At the end of the 430 years, to the very day, all the LORD’s divisions left Egypt.
Exodus 12:40-41

If you continue to be enslaved to food, then I promise that food will damage your body. Overeating is the number one cause of death and disease. How many eighty- or ninety-year-olds do you see who are overweight? Gorging yourself is killing your kidneys, liver, heart, and joints. It is straining your emotions, robbing you of happiness, and depressing you every day. It is enslavement, and I know you want out. We must dig deeper and find out how the God of the universe delivers and moves and thinks. Read the amazing book of Exodus and you will be moved by God’s power and His deliverance! He CAN restore your health and your body when you turn away from the enslavement of food. You do not want to miss YOUR exodus from obesity and dieting!

Gwen doesn't know any overweight seniors because she excommunicates everyone who gains weight.

• Haha 2
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 4

35 minutes ago, AmazonGrace said:

Today we learn that people who eat  are going to die. (so are those who don't eat but that's irrelevant)

Hide contents

If you continue to be enslaved to food, then I promise that food will damage your body. Overeating is the number one cause of death and disease. How many eighty- or ninety-year-olds do you see who are overweight? Gorging yourself is killing your kidneys, liver, heart, and joints. It is straining your emotions, robbing you of happiness, and depressing you every day. 

Gwen doesn't know any overweight seniors because she excommunicates everyone who gains weight.

The reason you rarely see an overweight very elderly person is that as your body wears out, it doesn't process foods as efficiently as it used to.  You simply don't absorb as much.  

To Gwen, food is the Devil.  I guess we ought to be glad that she didn't declare water and air as the handiworks of Satan. 

• Upvote 4

Today we learn that Jesus knows exactly how many hairs I've got  He keeps a running tally and notices every time a hair falls off. Does this sound healthy to you?  I don't even care how many hairs I've got, and since Jesus isn't telling me anyway, it does nothing to help me even if I needed that information some day. So I don't think Jesus counts hair because he loves me so much, he's just strangely obsessed with hair and numbers. Guys, there is reason to suspect Jesus has OCD or  autism spectrum traits. 

Anybody studied logic? When Jesus says, "You are worth more than many sparrows”, it means that many sparrows are worth less than you? But many is not the same as all, so some sparrows may be worth more than you. You may be worth less than a tiny bird that lives 2-3 years on average, and this is supposed to be comforting?

Yesterday we learned to be scared of  Egyptians.

Spoiler

The Lord Will Fight for You

March 28, 2021

by Gwen Shamblin Lara

0 Comment

As Pharaoh approached, the Israelites looked up, and there were the Egyptians, marching after them. They were terrified and cried out to the LORD. …Moses answered the people,”Do not be afraid. Stand firm and you will see the deliverance the LORD will bring you today. The Egyptians you see today you will never see again. The LORD will fight for you; you need only to be still.” Then the LORD said to Moses, “Why are you crying out to me? Tell the Israelites to move on. Raise your staff and stretch out your hand over the sea to divide the water so that the Israelites can go through the sea on dry ground.”
Exodus 14:10, 13-16

When Satan comes with his temptations and personal attacks, trying to lure you back to Egypt or get you discouraged with choosing the best Boss and Kingdom, please stand firm and call out to God. Do not plan to defend yourself. Just run to God, and watch HIM defeat the enemy. He will defend you! Quit worrying about Egypt and the Egyptians and Satan, for you will never see them again if you allow God to defend you. However, if you are spending your energy living in fear of the attacks of Satan, then you are not focused on God. You can’t be in both camps.

Now, if you want to stand firm in the desert, what do you need to do? You need to move on! Get going! Pursue God with all your might, and He will lead you safely. All of the people of God – those who were humble before Him and afraid not to pursue a “blameless” life (Psalm 119:1-3) – were taunted and mocked by the religious who did not want to submit totally to God (Psalm 119:42). Read Psalm 119 in full today and underline the word “arrogant” or “wicked,” and notice that with each attack, the psalmist answered, “But I do not turn from your law [Word]” or “But I obey your law.” The answer to attacks is to stay focused on God, stay in the Word, and obey God’s Word, and the Lord will fight for you.

Edited by AmazonGrace
  • Haha 3
  • Thank You 2

Dearly beloved, let us pray.

Our Father in Heaven, hallowed be thy name. Your kingdom come. Your will be done,   on earth as well as in Heaven. Give us our daily bread. But let the phone ring first so the  cat has time to lick it. Let it be mouldy. Let the waiter deliver the  wrong bread. Let me be disabled so I can't cut myself a slice of the bread. And forgive me if I eat it anyway.  

• Eyeroll 1
  • Haha 7

On 3/24/2021 at 2:53 PM, WeirdHarold said:

How do RFers prepare for the passover?

Eat less? 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 5

On 3/24/2021 at 3:53 PM, WeirdHarold said:

How do RFers prepare for the passover?

They are told to throw out leavening in their houses but more importantly in their hearts. They want to follow all of God’s commands and be as pure and sinfree as they can so that they get passed over. This also means they dont want to leave sin in the camp because then the angel might not pass them by or whatever. The have a basic seder meal while they read the passover story from the Bible and don’t do a lot of the other stuff actual Jewish people do. During the festival in the church building it is much of the same. Gwen will talk about the Israelite’s journey out of Egypt and compare it to the Remnant trying to separate themselves from the sins of this world. They usually watch clips from the prince of egypt disney movie to get themselves all riled up about how evil the Egyptians were and how powerful God’s plagues and his angel of death were, and then they all celebrate being set free from Egypt (sin) so that they can live in God’s promised land (being skinny and smiling and supposedly sinfree). Then, as usual, people talk about how “this message” has set them free from sin, yadda yadda. I’m sure you can tell that I really enjoyed the whole charade. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thank You 10

Actual footage of Moses and friends.

It will help you lose the appetite for sure.

• Haha 7

3 hours ago, throwaway9988 said:

They usually watch clips from the prince of egypt disney movie to get themselves all riled up about how evil the Egyptians were and how powerful God’s plagues and his angel of death were

For whatever reason I am finding this kind of hilarious. They watch clips from a Disney movie as part of a religious celebration? Why not Joseph and the Technicolour Dreamcoat? Why not anything starring Charlton Heston? I mean it's all metaphorical to them anyway - so why get angry at the Ancient Egyptians, they may as well watch Flash Gordon and get upset at Ming the Merciless.

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 6
  • I Agree 2

2 hours ago, Ozlsn said:

For whatever reason I am finding this kind of hilarious. They watch clips from a Disney movie as part of a religious celebration? Why not Joseph and the Technicolour Dreamcoat? Why not anything starring Charlton Heston? I mean it's all metaphorical to them anyway - so why get angry at the Ancient Egyptians, they may as well watch Flash Gordon and get upset at Ming the Merciless.

They see parallels of the passover story in their own lives because Gwen has taught them to. I guess the Egyptians dont really rile them up, that was a bad way to put it. The Egyptians are akin to themselves before they found Gwen/“this message” and were saved. The Pharaoh whose heart is hardened and keeps persecuting the Israelites are akin to their own family and friends who try to keep them from being saved by “this message.” The plagues are God punishing people for disobedience just like the Remnant believes God will curse others while blessing them because they are the only church who obeys God fully. They play the angel of death scene from the movie to feel all somber and self-righteous and think about how important it is for them to put all the idols in their hearts to death so that God will pass them over instead of cursing them. And then they show the uplifting/inspiring song from the movie called “When you Believe” (it’s actually not bad at all, sung by Mariah Carey and Whitney Houston). And then they show the scene where God parts the sea to save the Israelites. And all the Remnant people cheer and Gwen wraps up her sermon and they sing worship songs for another 30-45 mins (although it feels like an eternity), and then they all adjourn to the back room of the church to eat and drink. But they cant drink too much, because that’s a sin and God would curse them instead of passing them over! 

Edited by throwaway9988
  • Upvote 1
  • Eyeroll 2
  • Thank You 5

• hoipolloi changed the title to Gwen Shamblin Lara 15: [29 May 2021] Gwen, Joe & 5 Others Presumed Dead in Plane Crash
  • Destiny locked this topic