IGNORED

Gwen Shamblin Lara 15: [29 May 2021] Gwen, Joe & 5 Others Presumed Dead in Plane Crash

Coconut Flan

Speaking of tin foil hats... Does anyone know if Gwen’s followers were into conspiracy theories? Sometimes those overlap with fundies. 

I know they didn’t take the pandemic seriously. But besides that. 

A fair amount of them are into conspiracy theories, they actually had several church services instructing everyone how to keep 6 months to 5 years of food stores in their homes in case of the government failing and Christianity becoming illegal. they also bought up thousands of 1984 NIV bibles so they could have a stockpile of documents that verified their opinion on the trinity. (This was shortly after Gwen saw the movie “the book of Eli”)

There was a lot of theological conspiracy talk amongst the men in the church, but also the fear of Muslims, and opinions on Barack Obama destroying America to become a Muslim state.
  • Upvote 4
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Thank You 10

4 minutes ago, Exchange Atheist said:

Could we maybe update the thread title in light of current events? Just as a warning for unsuspecting new readers. 

Done & pending official confirmations by FAA, NTSB & others, will update it again as needed.

• Upvote 3
  • Thank You 12

Just now, Tatar-tot said:

Was Joe at the helm?

We don't know yet. FAA & NTSB will eventually announce pilot, passenger list & other info once they finish on-site investigation.

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 4

The remnant website has had a COMPLETE overhaul
Absolutely no mention of Gwen to be found so far

• Upvote 2
  • Confused 2
  • WTF 11
  • Thank You 2

6 minutes ago, LifelongRFSurvivor said:

I found several, along with a bunch of pictures she's in. 

• Upvote 3
  • Thank You 6

Do we know where they flew out from? Someone mentioned a small airport. The airport in Smyrna is the Smyrna/Rutherford County Airport. When I first heard of the crash, I figured they had left from that airport. It's the same one that has our airshow every couple years. 

• Thank You 1

Just now, Destiny said:

I found several, along with a bunch of pictures she's in. 

She seems to be less prominent 

• Thank You 1

7 minutes ago, LifelongRFSurvivor said:

Not quite. Gwen, Joe & the other plane passengers are listed here

I haven't visited the website in a couple of years so I don't remember what was on the landing page.

• Thank You 1

8 minutes ago, LifelongRFSurvivor said:

Under leadership. Her photo and Joe’s along with her bio are all still there.

• I Agree 1
  • Love 1

Not quite. Gwen, Joe & the other plane passengers are listed here
I haven't visited the website in a couple of years so I don't remember what was on the landing page.

I didn’t see that page on my last look through, they must still be updating

1 minute ago, kokocat said:

Do we know where they flew out from? Someone mentioned a small airport. The airport in Smyrna is the Smyrna/Rutherford County Airport. When I first heard of the crash, I figured they had left from that airport. It's the same one that has our airshow every couple years. 

I found radar info on twitter, and it appears they did take off from there and crashed shortly thereafter. I think the radar info is linked somewhere in this thread. 

• Upvote 2
  • Thank You 1

6 minutes ago, kokocat said:

Do we know where they flew out from?

According to the local news, "The Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) says the Cessna C501 had departed from the Smyrna Rutherford County Airport at 11 a.m." 

So, the plane went down shortly after take off. 

ETA: RF has released a statement:

“The Shamblins, Hannahs and Laras appreciate your concern, support and prayers.  As has been reported by the media, some family members may have been involved in a plane accident this morning. The families are awaiting details from the authorities. Because no details have been confirmed, the authorities have been unable to communicate with the families of those involved. The families will share details at the appropriate time. In the meantime, the families respectfully request prayers and privacy for all involved, please.”

Edited by hoipolloi
  • Upvote 4
  • Thank You 16

There was one YouTube video of Gwen getting out of one of their.  I got the feeling she did not feel comfortable flying with Tarzan.  

One more thing:  A lot of life insurance plans do not insure flying on non-commercial flights. 

• Upvote 2
  • Sad 2

These people have more money than is good for them.

Spoiler

34E753B4-71E0-460A-8C66-1BBC17718782.thumb.jpeg.78fcd225bfc970de6cbd8ac2744ebd16.jpeg

Spoiler

20CFE666-2BDA-4CEC-986D-0CAC61AF7D9B.jpeg.94b53d595a5e9898fb1e40cf48b04eb6.jpeg

• Upvote 2
  • Sad 1
  • Rufus Bless 2
  • Thank You 5

1 minute ago, Tatar-tot said:

Was Michael & his wife on the plane?

No. Gwen, Joe, The Martins, The Walters, and Brandon Hannah. 

• Upvote 3
  • Thank You 1

1 hour ago, Nonbeliever said:

A thought just occurred to me. People have often commented on how miserable Joe looks. What if on realizing what he had gotten himself into, he saw no way out and devised a way to end the tyranny of Gwen and along with other church leaders? Of course, I also always wonder about those one car car crashes, if they were suicide attempts. So it could just be me!

There's absolutely NO evidence of this being intentional. I dislike the church and the damage that they have done as much as the next person, but they are human persons who are loved by other human persons who don't need to hear shit like this. 

This is an example of a thought that should 100% be kept to oneself. 

• Upvote 19
  • I Agree 4
  • Thank You 3

5 minutes ago, ElleHouston said:

No. Gwen, Joe, The Martins, The Walters, and Brandon Hannah. 

This screenshot was posted at least once upthread, but I'll put it here again for everyone. 

Spoiler

1390419477_Screenshot_20210529-192929_SamsungInternet.jpg.ed582669cba6d0c7b028bb7d9553a2db.jpg

• Upvote 2
  • Sad 2
  • Thank You 5

The not knowing has to be horrible for the families. Just sitting there waiting for any information. It must be torture. 

• Upvote 20
  • I Agree 9

Just now, JermajestyDuggar said:

The not knowing has to be horrible for the families. Just sitting there waiting for any information. It must be torture. 

Having been in a situation once where I was waiting for SAR for someone I knew, I can say it's the worst. You want to have hope, even when you know there probably isn't any. The waiting is awful. 

I dislike everyone associated with leading this anorexia for Jesus cult, but I feel for the suffering they are experiencing tonight. 

• Upvote 14
  • I Agree 12
  • Love 5

I only know about her from reading here; when I saw a headline pop up, I immediately headed this way.  My daughter came over before I got to the end of the thread, she was in Weighdown Workshop when Gwen wasn't the whack job she has become, so she was very interested and concerned for family.

• Upvote 5

We can't know for sure, but I would guess that local officials have been honest at this point, with the sun gone, on what their expectations are for search and rescue. 

I remember when I was a kid a friend of my family's father was in a small plane crash over the Florida Keys. The surviving family was told it would be a recovery effort (not a rescue), given where the crash occurred, and the likely speed on impact, many hours before the news media was told. 

Those poor kids and other family members.  I really am sorry for them. 

• Upvote 14
  • I Agree 3

1 hour ago, LifelongRFSurvivor said:

I was just reminding people that if they are an ex-survivor and they don’t want to be cyberstalked and harassed by the church, as I have, they should be careful. Because while the conversation here is lively and important, it is neither safe nor secure.
It’s extremely important that new visitors to the site know this for their own safety.

This is addressed to a specific subset of people, and I rather appreciate @LifelongRFSurvivor for posting it.  Remnant fellowship, often identified here as a cult, is called a HIGH DEMAND/HIGH CONTROL group for a reason.  RF has an authoritarian structure and there are several things that authoritarian groups hate:  losing control, criticism, being vulnerable.  Suddenly all three of those things are in play in this horrible event.   So yes, if appropriate, heed the warning! 

Everybody else, chill out and ex-lax. 

• Upvote 20
  • Eyeroll 2
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 1
  • Love 6

11 minutes ago, MomJeans said:

We can't know for sure, but I would guess that local officials have been honest at this point, with the sun gone, on what their expectations are for search and rescue. 

I remember when I was a kid a friend of my family's father was in a small plane crash over the Florida Keys. The surviving family was told it would be a recovery effort (not a rescue), given where the crash occurred, and the likely speed on impact, many hours before the news media was told. 

Those poor kids and other family members.  I really am sorry for them. 

The area of the lake where the crash occurred is not very deep, so if the plane was traveling at 160+ mph, it either drove deep into the lake bed or disintegrated upon impact. It will be a while before they can find all of the pieces of the plane. Unfortunately this will be a recovery effort—bodies would have been found by now otherwise. 

Edited by IsGwen4Real
auto correct error
  • Upvote 5
  • Sad 6

• hoipolloi changed the title to Gwen Shamblin Lara 15: [29 May 2021] Gwen, Joe & 5 Others Presumed Dead in Plane Crash
  • Destiny locked this topic