IGNORED

Milo Yiannopoulos

Cartmann99

Just days after mocking victims of Hurricane Irma, Milo Yiannopoulos claims his Miami home was destroyed in the storm.

The former Breitbart editor and controversial alt-right leader wrote on Facebook that “my house is gone,” along with a photo of wreckage in Miami Beach.

The house in question, however, doesn’t belong to Yiannopoulos, according to the Miami Herald, but instead a man named Gerard Duhart.

In the days leading up to the deadly storm, Yiannopoulos poked fun at the people in the hurricane’s path.

"In more positive Irma news, Richard Branson's Necker Island has been devastated,” he wrote on Facebook on Thursday.

"Irma is about to finish what Hillary started: leaving Haiti in ruins,” he posted Wednesday.

http://www.nydailynews.com/entertainment/milo-yiannopoulos-claims-miami-home-destroyed-hurricane-irma-article-1.3488175

Edited by Coconut Flan
Hit the button too soon!
  • Upvote 6

Couldn't happen to a nicer, or more appropriate, guy.

• Upvote 8

9 minutes ago, GreyhoundFan said:

Couldn't happen to a nicer, or more appropriate, guy.

Yup. I won't be crying in my beer for his loss.

Edited by Cartmann99
  • Upvote 4

Except, if I read the quote correctly, it isn't his house at all. It belongs to one Gerard Duhart.

Which makes his story even weirder...

• Upvote 5

Follow up:

I assumed he was renting the place and that was why it wasn't in his name, but that is not the case. The house that was destroyed has nothing to do with him.

From the Miami Herald:

So anyhoo. YEAH. That house that got dessimated does most definitely not belong to Yiannopoulos.

The Miami Herald found the place, and it’s in Edgewater, at Northeast 27th Street and Fifth Avenue, which is close but definitely not the Brickell neighborhood where it was rumored to be on social media.

Reporter David Smiley spoke to a neighbor who witnessed the drama unfold and it turns out the property belongs to a guy named Gerard Duhart, who had evacuated ahead of the storm.

So no, this wreck of a place does not belong to Milo, so don’t be fooled and DON’T FEEL BAD FOR HIM.

[...]

We do know Yiannopoulos, who has been banned on Twitter over harassing Tweets, has a place here. In April Breitbart reported he was launching a media venture out of the Magic City. According to a statement, the $12 million dollar media company, MILO, Inc. “isn’t some vanity nameplate on a personal blog. This is a fully tooled-up talent factory and management company dedicated to the destruction of political correctness and the progressive left.”

http://www.miamiherald.com/entertainment/celebrities/article172687231.html

Sorry for the confusion, everyone.

Edited by Jellybean
Removed empty quote box
  • Upvote 4

3 minutes ago, Cartmann99 said:

DON’T FEEL BAD FOR HIM

They needn't worry, I don't think any of us were weeping for him.

• Upvote 5

Controversial conservative personality Milo Yiannopoulos now says he was only joking when he claimed on social media that a Miami house demolished by Hurricane Irma was his in an apparent bid to draw attention to himself in the midst of a national emergency.

"It's a joke, not a dick, but apparently you can't get either," Yiannopoulos wrote to Newsweek in response to a reporter's question about the Instagram and Facebook post—which showed someone else's house losing its roof to high winds.

He then insulted the reporter's appearance.

[...]

In April, he announced the launch of Milo Inc., a media company aimed at "making the lives of journalists, professors, politicians, feminists, Black Lives Matter activists and other professional victims a living hell," as he told Vanity Fair. The business reportedly had $12 million worth of support from investors and was set to be based in Miami with more than two dozen employees.

He threw a party in Miami in May to promote the venture, though the Miami New Times reported that records indicate Milo Inc. is actually incorporated in Boca Raton.

It's not the first time that Yiannopoulos has stirred up drama. Last summer, he was permanently banned from Twitter after he led racist attacks on comedian Leslie Jones. Earlier this year, he resigned from Breitbart when he was caught on tape saying that relationships "between younger boys and older men … can be hugely positive experiences." And in February, the University of California, Berkeley canceled a planned speech by Yiannopoulos after protests before the event caused $100,000 in damage to campus.

http://www.newsweek.com/milo-yiannpolous-hurricane-irma-joke-663609

:pb_rollseyes:

I'm sure most of you are familiar with the expression "The enemy of my enemy is my friend", and how blindly following that advice can lead to complete disaster. I'm still scratching my head over how an openly gay promiscuous man became the new torchbearer for many on the right. 

We definitely live in interesting times, my friends.

• Upvote 6

• 3 months later...

Milo is suing Simon & Schuster for dropping his  book and the manuscript with editor's comments is available online, to prove they thought it was a shitty book. 

Some highlights here and in the Twitter thread below. 

Spoiler

Spoiler

https://www.courthousenews.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/07/milo-yiannopoulos.pdf

Edited by Jellybean
Added spoilers for multiple images
  • Haha 2

I keep imagining Milo yelling and throwing things as I read this. :popcorn:

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 1

Something tells me Milo is going to have one hell of a mid-life crisis:

• Upvote 3
  • WTF 2

1 hour ago, Cartmann99 said:

I keep imagining Milo yelling and throwing things as I read this. :popcorn:

I just call him Milo YipYaPouloss

• Haha 3
  • I Agree 1

"Though I have lost five inches off  my waist over the last six months..."

This sounds like pretty heroic personal trainer / dieting effort (raw spinach for breakfast huh? no wonder he's so miserable)  but...

As part of his preparation to dip back into the mainstream again, Milo has been going through an absurd makeover: He had liposuction on his stomach in July to look thinner, which cost him $28,000. He then squeezed bits of the excess fat into his glutes.

http://www.playboy.com/articles/the-brand-of-milo-yiannopoulos

• WTF 5

Somebody so more inarticulate, vain, bombastic, pedantic and down right fuck wadish  than Trump. Well kiss my ass and call it candy, I never thought I see that.

• Haha 6

• 2 weeks later...

Update on Milo's lawsuit:

Link to story:

https://www.buzzfeed.com/amphtml/ellievhall/milo-yiannopoulos-represent-himself?utm_term=.raAg0K4dK&__twitter_impression=true

My legal education of watching courtroom dramas may not be worth much, but it did impress upon me that representing yourself in court doesn't usually end well. 

• Upvote 4

Milo's lawyers divorced him, due to "irreconcilable differences."  This is so beyond delicious! 

TalkingPointsMemo.com:  Yiannopoulos Dumped By Own Lawyers In Suit Against Simon & Schuster (Allegra Kirkland | January 8, 2018 2:34 pm)

In a Monday filing in New York State Supreme Court, Stephen Meister and Jeffrey Weingart of Manhattan firm Meister Seelig & Fein formally announced that they were withdrawing as counsel for Yiannopoulos.

In a previous filing, Weingart attributed the split to a “breakdown” in the attorney-client relationship, citing Yiannopoulos’ insistence on “pursuing actions” with which his attorneys had a “fundamental disagreement.” Weingart also cited “irreconcilable differences” between attorney and client which he said he could not expand on because of confidentiality concerns.

Edited by Howl
  • Haha 6

• 2 months later...
9 minutes ago, Cartmann99 said:

*snickers*

We should hook him up with Derick. 

• Haha 7

Milo Yiannopoulos charity for white men a white man closes with questions about where the money went

Reread his daily regimen.  Personal trainer/valet, staff in Europe, expensive lotions, potions, hair spray, serums.  He didn't mention manicure, pedicure, manscaping, massage, facials but you know he needs all that. This is a guy with a high burn rate. 

• Upvote 4

14 minutes ago, Howl said:

Reread his daily regimen.  Personal trainer/valet, staff in Europe, expensive lotions, potions, hair spray, serums.  He didn't mention manicure, pedicure, manscaping, massage, facials but you know he needs all that. This is a guy with a high burn rate. 

Yup. He better hurry up find a new sucker to keep him in the style he's become accustomed to. 

Edited by Cartmann99
  • Upvote 4

12 hours ago, Cartmann99 said:

Yup. He better hurry up find a new sucker to keep him in the style he's become accustomed to. 

I know, right?  Spruiking vitamins on InfoWars isn't a six-figure gig and that mansion in Florida isn't paying for itself.  Maybe he can move in with Rush.  Rush lives in Florida in a mansion and has a big studio.  Live over the garage and flog vitamins!  win win

He needs to act now, though, or he's going to be living out of his car and drinking tap water. 

Edited by Howl
  • Upvote 6

• Coconut Flan changed the title to Milo Yiannopoulos