IGNORED

Crown Princess Mary’s Message for International Women’s Day

tabitha2

Mary is Pure Class and A wise accomplished lady.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CMKVM-WA3eN/

„ For breakfast this morning, my youngest daughter Josephine spotted a headline that it was Women's International Match Day. She asked, "What kind of day is this?" I thought briefly about my answer and said that for her it is a day where she must believe and trust that she can become and do everything she dreams of without anyone or anything stopping her… .. because she's a girl.

She did not ask any further questions, so maybe my answer was no surprise to her. Maybe it's something she takes for granted. But that's not the case for many other girls around the world. And Women's International Match Day has different meanings depending on where in the world you live.
But no matter where you live, it is an important day where we not only talk about how far we have come, but also about where we have come from and where we want to go.
On the occasion of the day, I attend three meetings today - unfortunately all virtually. A roundtable discussion on diversity and inclusion in management with UN Women and Boston Consulting Group and a meeting of UNFPA's High Level Commission on women's right to decide over their own bodies. Tonight I am part of Kvinfo's virtual celebration of the day.

For me, equality is not about everyone being equal, but - as I said to Josephine - about gender not having a role to play when opportunities present themselves and decisions are made… or when following one's dreams.“

Edited by Coconut Flan
  • Love 1

• Coconut Flan changed the title to Crown Princess Mary’s Message for International Women’s Day