IGNORED

Justin and Claire 3: Always Beige

Coconut Flan

35 minutes ago, Mama Mia said:

But that doesn’t seem reasonable - Justin of all people shouldn’t be held responsible for his brothers conduct. None of the siblings should have their life options / relationship choices limited because of his actions. 

Justin is not responsible for his brother's actions at all. I hope that Justin is able to make a life for himself away from his family and finds some happiness. Nothing about my post was against him, it was about Hilary. It's not like Justin and Claire just happened to meet one another, started to hang out, really liked each other and got married. They met (whether introduced or not, I don't know), and then Hilary invited a minor to come live in her house and date her daughter (also a minor) until they were old enough to wed, all while she was happily boarding the Duggar train and bragging up the brand. She willingly orchestrated a marriage between her young, vulnerable daughter to another young, vulnerable child, trapped in a cult. 

She's a terrible parent. 

• Upvote 27
  • I Agree 10

2 hours ago, Idlewild said:

Unfortunately his mother in law seems desperate for fundie fame and likes to parade herself with pictures of gurning Duggars and remind everyone who her daughter is married to. 

Maybe I'm too optimistic, but I have some hope her Duggar fascination will decrease over time.
I hope she'll still be nice and loving to Justin since she really seems to cherish him so far.

• Upvote 13

• 4 weeks later...

Did anyone see this article about Claire's pregnancy being revealed by a commenter on Instagram?  It doesn't appear like it's been confirmed yet.  If true, it's a shitty thing to out someone else on social media.

https://www.thehollywoodgossip.com/2021/06/claire-spivey-pregnancy-accidentally-revealed-on-instagram/

• Upvote 4
  • Thank You 2

20 minutes ago, crawfishgirl said:

Did anyone see this article about Claire's pregnancy being revealed by a commenter on Instagram?  It doesn't appear like it's been confirmed yet.  If true, it's a shitty thing to out someone else on social media.

https://www.thehollywoodgossip.com/2021/06/claire-spivey-pregnancy-accidentally-revealed-on-instagram/

This sounds like a troll who was fishing for info, not like an insider with any real knowledge. It wouldn’t be shocking if she were pregnant given their public stance on birth control but to me that comment is not proof of anything. 

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 4

My first thought when I saw something new had been posted: I bet she's pregnant. 

I wouldn't be shocked if she was pregnant, but I have to agree with @justmy2cents - it's a stranger account (so no Duggars following it) which makes me think it's probably just someone stirring the post. If you assume that a Duggar is pregnant often enough, you're bound to be right sooner, rather than later. 

• Upvote 12

Agreed, a pregnant recently wed Duggar wife is hardly a scoop but this is just shit stirring. Claire had increased her posting recently- mainly date nights with her teenager - so she may be getting ready for an announcement. I’ve no doubt Hilary will be gurning with a death grip on Jason, or whichever Duggar she took a shine to. 

• Upvote 11

I’m assuming the timing of Claire’s first pregnancy is more Hilary’s decision than theirs. She’ll either lay it in their hearts to wait until they’ve had time to adjust to marriage or she’ll be enthusiastically mentioning how she can’t wait for a grandchild. I think Claire and Justin will do whatever Mama wants.

• Upvote 6

On 6/12/2021 at 10:28 AM, JDuggs said:

I’m assuming the timing of Claire’s first pregnancy is more Hilary’s decision than theirs. She’ll either lay it in their hearts to wait until they’ve had time to adjust to marriage or she’ll be enthusiastically mentioning how she can’t wait for a grandchild. I think Claire and Justin will do whatever Mama wants.

I don't think it'll be that well thought out. I think they're young, believe they're in love, and have hormones going crazy. They'll be physical every chance they can get and without some form of birth control, she's going to become pregnant sooner rather than later. 

• Upvote 17
  • I Agree 7
  • Thank You 1

COUNTERPOINT: They're young and indoctrinated into purity culture and living together for the first time after a dating relationship where they were rarely alone. So maybe they're being physical every chance they get. Or maybe they're dealing with the ramifications of their upbringing and how it screws with your view of yourself as a sexual person and makes you think sex is dangerous.

I do not care what their physical relationship is, but I think it's important to normalize different levels of sexual expression and it's always important to highlight the way purity culture can have long term negative side effects. (Even in cis-het couples still living in that world and doing "all the right things"). 

• Upvote 28

3 hours ago, theotherelise said:

COUNTERPOINT: They're young and indoctrinated into purity culture and living together for the first time after a dating relationship where they were rarely alone. So maybe they're being physical every chance they get. Or maybe they're dealing with the ramifications of their upbringing and how it screws with your view of yourself as a sexual person and makes you think sex is dangerous.

I do not care what their physical relationship is, but I think it's important to normalize different levels of sexual expression and it's always important to highlight the way purity culture can have long term negative side effects. (Even in cis-het couples still living in that world and doing "all the right things"). 

I always hope there is some "okay - so can we date for a while then?" time in these marriages. Like - just get to KNOW each other. Don't have to hop in the sack - maybe you do all the stuff in the order the rest of us did it. You kiss. You might make out. You might touch. You might freak out and go back to making out. etc. Like - how WEIRD is it to never EVER be allowed to be alone with someone, to hold their hand, to talk to them privately - and BOOOOOOM now you're expected to crank out babies overnight. Yikes - talk about pressure. 

(not that this is the "normal" or "only" way to do it - but to go from not touching, being alone to full on sex because there was a wedding just seems so... hard to do) 

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 25

I’m sure some of these couples also have to deal with issues like vaginismus, vulvodynia, frequent urinary tract infections etc. I don’t think any of the ones who weren’t knocked up on the honeymoon “waited to get pregnant” so much as they didn’t actively TRY to get pregnant straight away, and instead focused on adjusting to being sexual.

• Upvote 14

On 6/14/2021 at 11:05 AM, theotherelise said:

I think that could be true for a lot of them, who barely knew each other. But Justin and Claire were basically living together for a year, so they were likely fairly comfortable. It would be so strange to have your first live-in boyfriend/girlfriend be someone who saw you all day, every day, you did couple stuff with, saw you with your bad morning hair and all your moods - but then you can’t even make out. 

• Upvote 9

Not that it is any of my business but I hope they wait a bit before having babies. Neither of them are old to enough to drink, rent a car etc. They need some time to be silly, in love kids before taking on the responsibility of a little one. Both Lauren and Joy had absolutely heart breaking experiences that no one, especially college aged kids, should have to cope with. Their youth combined with the toxic beliefs that were indoctrinated into them made them especially ill equipped to cope. 

• Upvote 15

Justin and Claire played a duet at last week's fathers' day service at Fairpark Baptist.

Not a virtuoso appearance, but not bad either. They seemingly play music together at home.

"they play music late at night" said David Waller when he introduced them !!

(The title below  was the topic of David's sermon, not about Justin !) 

20210625_201211.jpg

Edited by Sops2
Addition
  • Upvote 8

I would actually love to play music with my boyfriend since he is a very good musician and already released several albums with a friend. I love his music and I would really enjoy this.

• Upvote 2

Claire has made her first ‘people have been asking me about my beauty routine ‘ instastory  for an eyelash product- a proud moment in Duggar life! 
It’s not very good- you can’t see the name of the product and the film quality is poor- step it up Hilary if you want your girl to reap full Duggar benefits!
She looks awkward when she says it’s great for people who are having chemotherapy. In fairness to Claire, she has lovely eyelashes and I guess there has to be some upside to marrying a schoolboy.

• Upvote 6

1 hour ago, adidas said:

When I had chemo and lost my eyebrow (yep - eyebrow, singular not plural) I used a great product to grow it back. I’m not being paid to spruik it, so here’s the link:

http://www.eyenvy.com.au

Thanks- that might even be the product- you can’t actually see it on the video as the film quality is poor and I haven’t swiped up. 
my eyebrows are short- I pencil in the shortfall but someone suggested castor oil to promote growth - no idea if it works but it’s cheap enough to try.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, SassyPants said:

Justin is the Duggar version of Ben Seewald.

Justin  and Claire should use her last name. It may not fit with their patriarchal shite but could be beneficial in the long run if they want to make money from influencer videos.

• Upvote 8

6 hours ago, Idlewild said:

Justin  and Claire should use her last name. It may not fit with their patriarchal shite but could be beneficial in the long run if they want to make money from influencer videos.

And its not like his parents would even notice if Justin started using a different last name.

• Upvote 8
  • Haha 9
  • I Agree 2

On 6/14/2021 at 5:59 PM, Meggo said:

I always hope there is some "okay - so can we date for a while then?" time in these marriages. Like - just get to KNOW each other. Don't have to hop in the sack - maybe you do all the stuff in the order the rest of us did it. You kiss. You might make out. You might touch. You might freak out and go back to making out. etc. Like - how WEIRD is it to never EVER be allowed to be alone with someone, to hold their hand, to talk to them privately - and BOOOOOOM now you're expected to crank out babies overnight. Yikes - talk about pressure. 

(not that this is the "normal" or "only" way to do it - but to go from not touching, being alone to full on sex because there was a wedding just seems so... hard to do) 

From a friend of mine who had an arranged marriage, who said she wasn't so sure about the Indian system (her words): You go from not dating a boy, not even talking to a boy, and then you're in the bedroom. BTW, her son arranged his own marriage :)

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, patsymae said:

From a friend of mine who had an arranged marriage, who said she wasn't so sure about the Indian system (her words): You go from not dating a boy, not even talking to a boy, and then you're in the bedroom. BTW, her son arranged his own marriage :)

I’ll bet many of those couples don’t jump right into P/V sex. I’d hope that they’d get to know one another and form a relationship first- what an ass backward system-

• Upvote 2

16 minutes ago, SassyPants said:

I’ll bet many of those couples don’t jump right into P/V sex. I’d hope that they’d get to know one another and form a relationship first- what an ass backward system-

I think that will happen one way or another, but i think the description of the Pearls honeymoon is more correct. Essentially the girls can 't say no, and the guys don't have to ask. And to boot you grew up in a culture where essentially unless you are a. married, and b. have children you are not an adult. So kids to young to get married get married to get out of the house and yada yada in either 4 weeks or a few month later they announce the most unexpected blessing from the dear lord. 

Honestly does anyone think Joe is giving Kendra any more time then she absolutely needs?  They will only control their fertility if really they a. physically must, b. realize they don't like kids and the associated costs, and two is enough. B. however is hard work.

So yeah, chances are Justin is gonna be a Dad any time soon. 

• Upvote 4

• Coconut Flan locked this topic