IGNORED

Justin and Claire 3: Always Beige

JermajestyDuggar

Here’s a Morton Smith example. When Alan was arrested, all the adopted children were still living at home with the Smiths. By looking at social media, it was extremely obvious that the children were forced to stand behind Alan with their parents. Bret took the older boys to the prison with him to visit Alan and to do prison ministry. According to social media, the oldest 3 don’t live with the smiths anymore. And I haven’t seen any signs that they go to prison ministry anymore. I’ve also seen one of them holding one of Bethany’s kids. Bethany is a Lane but she is on the Katie Morton side. He likely wouldn’t get a chance to see his nieces and nephews if he was still living at home with Bret and Jackie. Living at home means you don’t get a choice. 

I absolutely can’t stand the Mortons. But they did the right thing by cutting off Alan, Bret, and Jackie and taking in Katie. That doesn’t make them great or even likable. They still hold shitty fundie beliefs. Let’s hope the Wissmanns support Jana if she wants to at least cut off Josh. Even if they will always have shitty fundie beliefs. 

• Upvote 10
  • Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Jana814

• GuineaPigCourtship

• HerNameIsBuffy

• Bluebirdbluebell

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Birth control being evil and unnecessary is not what the actual belief is, though. That's what they say, but the underlying motivation and belief is that they need to have as many kids as possible in

If you look at other QF families in their circle, a loft of them have max 10 children.  Keller: 8 Caldwell: 9 (so far) Swanson: 9 (so far) Spivey: 6  Bontrager: 10 Bower:

For parenting I have come to the conclusion that you can follow some basic principles and rules, such as no physical or verbal violence, and for everything else you just do what works best for your fa

Posted Images

HerNameIsBuffy
12 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Here’s a Morton Smith example. When Alan was arrested, all the adopted children were still living at home with the Smiths. By looking at social media, it was extremely obvious that the children were forced to stand behind Alan with their parents. Bret took the older boys to the prison with him to visit Alan and to do prison ministry. According to social media, the oldest 3 don’t live with the smiths anymore. And I haven’t seen any signs that they go to prison ministry anymore. I’ve also seen one of them holding one of Bethany’s kids. Bethany is a Lane but she is on the Katie Morton side. He likely wouldn’t get a chance to see his nieces and nephews if he was still living at home with Bret and Jackie. Living at home means you don’t get a choice. 

I absolutely can’t stand the Mortons. But they did the right thing by cutting off Alan, Bret, and Jackie and taking in Katie. That doesn’t make them great or even likable. They still hold shitty fundie beliefs. Let’s hope the Wissmanns support Jana if she wants to at least cut off Josh. Even if they will always have shitty fundie beliefs. 

Thanks, I don't know anything about those families but I agree with your point that even if they have shitty beliefs doing the right thing does count for something.  A lot, IMO.

Derek has shitty beliefs, but supporting Jill in therapy, demanding fair payment for her labor, getting their kids a real education are all good things.  I'm happy when people make healthy decisions for themselves and their kids even if they haven't shaken all the shitty beliefs.  

• Upvote 14
  • I Agree 5
lexiloumarie
22 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

They've also supported Katie on making sure his rights were terminated/his oldest namesake was given a new name. Brian Smith is the former Bret Alan III. They've really gone the whole way in with Katie. I suspect though that they hold to the belief on remarriage is adultery because Katie has not been matched again. 

• Upvote 7
45 minutes ago, lexiloumarie said:

They've also supported Katie on making sure his rights were terminated/his oldest namesake was given a new name. Brian Smith is the former Bret Alan III. They've really gone the whole way in with Katie. I suspect though that they hold to the belief on remarriage is adultery because Katie has not been matched again. 

Glad they are supporting their daughter like they did. I didn’t realize that they changed her oldest son’s name. 

• Upvote 4