IGNORED

Justin and Claire 3: Always Beige

Coconut Flan

31 minutes ago, WhatWouldJohnCrichtonDo? said:

In my case, I would phrase it that my parents are not infallible, but I trust their advice on many subjects more than most people's advice. The same thing with my siblings and some long time friends. I trust advice from people I've known for a long time, because I have a sense of their attitudes, the soundness of their judgement, and the areas of knowledge that they have.

I feel the same way.  I lost my parents when I was a young adult, but I find advice from my elder siblings to be far more helpful than most people.  Not just because I know their attitudes and judgement, but because they know me.

Plenty of people offer advice which may work well for some, but for one reason or another wouldn't be applicable to me.  My family knows me....my attitudes, my trauma, my approach to life in a way that allows them to advise me in a much more targeted way than someone who didn't have that information about me.

They also know my flaws and blind spots in a way that most people never will and can either factor that in or gently point that out in a way others can't.

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 7

I'll add that I'm lucky I can trust that my parents always have my best interests at heart. Sadly my father didn't have that relationship with his family, so I know not everyone can say this. It's also encouraging to see that it's possible to be a good partner/parent without being a perfect person. I know nobody is actually perfect but Instagram and blogs can really do a number on your confidence these days.

I've always been an avid researcher and am finding parenting to be an area that really doesn't work. It's almost paralyzing at times from all the different viewpoints. Why just this week I learned it's both harmful to your child for them to cry in the crib and they'll be permanently damaged from the stress AND that other studies show that crying in the crib has no long term negative effects and babies sleep better afterwards (assuming they are old enough). Like everything in life, I suspect the truth is in the middle.

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 4

On 3/22/2021 at 5:53 PM, AussieKrissy said:

I don’t know, I would want to raise my daughter to have a brilliant bunch of supportive girlfriends who would be her strength and support if something was to ever happen to me. I would love it if she thought of me as her best friend but would feel I failed her if she didn’t have some female (or male) friends she was bonded enough to have as her maid or matron of honour. *snip*

40CAF52D-9F0D-4ADA-AFC7-BFDC37BB2322.png

Entirely weird. Reddit refers to her as Jillary and I 100% agree.

That said... Maybe mild autism, rather than narcissism? She seems well meaning, just lacking in social awareness.

• Upvote 2
  • Fuck You 1
  • Downvote 5
  • Eyeroll 2
  • WTF 1
  • Love 1

I'm way late with this observation, but I just realized what Claire's wedding dress reminded me of.  It was Abigail Lagoy's!  from the overlapping sleeves to the wispy lace to the tiered skirt.  Maybe it was an Allure dress from a previous year?

19574940_322109721535696_3894098027546711249_o.jpg.ca296ea205183cbf6190e9c0055fd222.jpg

64223030_670364233376908_3244348072683110400_n.jpg.ef7877df8cfa23436e30b81e461b9369.jpg

• Upvote 4
  • Thank You 1

3 hours ago, hollyfeller said:

I'm way late with this observation, but I just realized what Claire's wedding dress reminded me of.  It was Abigail Lagoy's!  from the overlapping sleeves to the wispy lace to the tiered skirt.  Maybe it was an Allure dress from a previous year?

19574940_322109721535696_3894098027546711249_o.jpg.ca296ea205183cbf6190e9c0055fd222.jpg

64223030_670364233376908_3244348072683110400_n.jpg.ef7877df8cfa23436e30b81e461b9369.jpg

Oh Lordy that dress just swamps her and makes her look like she is playing dress up. Is she Pentecostal like the ones that don’t cut their hair or wear makeup? 
their was this one fundie Pentecostal Fran or something like that she had a last name as a first name and had a plane at her wedding. Super young. She was all over my Instagram feed not the one I follow but the suggested ones. But I have not seen her for ages. 
Yes this dress is very similar. But I like Claire’s better. 

• Upvote 8
  • Love 1

On 3/24/2021 at 4:08 AM, GuineaPigCourtship said:

I've always been an avid researcher and am finding parenting to be an area that really doesn't work. It's almost paralyzing at times from all the different viewpoints. Why just this week I learned it's both harmful to your child for them to cry in the crib and they'll be permanently damaged from the stress AND that other studies show that crying in the crib has no long term negative effects and babies sleep better afterwards (assuming they are old enough). Like everything in life, I suspect the truth is in the middle.

For parenting I have come to the conclusion that you can follow some basic principles and rules, such as no physical or verbal violence, and for everything else you just do what works best for your family.

If you don't feel comfortable leaving your baby crying in their crib, then don't. If you desperately need a break, haven't sleep in days and are close to collapsing and really, really want to leave your baby crying in their crib, then do.

Our toddler, who is approaching 3 years, is still sleeping in our bedroom with us. We like it, it works for us, we all sleep well, we enjoy waking up next to each other, and I like that I simply need to reach down to hold her hand if she ever wakes up at night and needs some help going back to sleep. Friends of ours moved their daughter to her own room at about 2 years because she kept waking up whenever the parents went to bed (and then stayed up for several hours...), nobody slept well and everyone was cranky. My friend was very apologetic, explaining over and over the reasoning for their choice, asking if I felt she was doing the wrong thing, and I simply replied that if it worked, if everyone slept better and was happier as a result, they had absolutely done the right thing.

In parenting, only very few things are set in stone, and much of it depends on your child, your personality, your family set-up, the specific situation, etc. I find parenting books or reading research papers helpful at times because they might suggest examples of different approaches that I hadn't thought of myself and I don't mind asking for advice if I feel there is something we could handle better, but other than that I have always done what felt right. There is no point in doing something that makes the entire family miserable, even if it is supposed to be the "right" or "best" approach.

• Upvote 22
  • I Agree 2
  • Thank You 1
  • Love 16

1 hour ago, SweetJuly said:

Our toddler, who is approaching 3 years, is still sleeping in our bedroom with us. We like it, it works for us, we all sleep well, we enjoy waking up next to each other, and I like that I simply need to reach down to hold her hand if she ever wakes up at night and needs some help going back to sleep.

Miniway just turned 7 and has slept with us in our bed from birth and up until a few weeks ago when we bought him a Minecraft-duvetcover and he suddenly started sleeping all night, every night in his own room.
We have all been happy with the arrangement and I kind of miss waking up next to him because he’s always so cosy when he just woke up. He doesn’t have much time for snuggles otherwise. But I guess it was time. 

• Upvote 3
  • Love 19

3 hours ago, Iamtheway said:

Miniway just turned 7 and has slept with us in our bed from birth and up until a few weeks ago when we bought him a Minecraft-duvetcover and he suddenly started sleeping all night, every night in his own room.
We have all been happy with the arrangement and I kind of miss waking up next to him because he’s always so cosy when he just woke up. He doesn’t have much time for snuggles otherwise. But I guess it was time. 

That sounds fantastic! And I can understand why you feel a little wistful about no longer having him with you. He has literally flown the nest. It's such a cliché thing to say, but they do grow up so fast. ❤️

I have always liked the idea of a family bed and thought it sounded like the intuitive thing to do. Alas, with LittleJuly it just didn't work out. She moves a lot, demands more and more space as the night goes on, I wake up, she wakes up, my husband tries to mediate, nobody sleeps well, and everybody ends up tired and grumpy. So her own bed in our room it is. There is simply no one-size-fits-all in parenting.

• Upvote 8
  • Love 7

6 hours ago, SweetJuly said:

That sounds fantastic! And I can understand why you feel a little wistful about no longer having him with you. He has literally flown the nest. It's such a cliché thing to say, but they do grow up so fast. ❤️

I have always liked the idea of a family bed and thought it sounded like the intuitive thing to do. Alas, with LittleJuly it just didn't work out. She moves a lot, demands more and more space as the night goes on, I wake up, she wakes up, my husband tries to mediate, nobody sleeps well, and everybody ends up tired and grumpy. So her own bed in our room it is. There is simply no one-size-fits-all in parenting.

Oh gosh yes. We never coslept, but with our first he was in his own room pretty early, even though he was still waking up a night, because he HATED his bed in our room. With our second? We kept him in there till he hit the weight/age limits, because everyone was pretty content like that. There's no way to make even kids in the same family work well with the same routine all the time.

• Upvote 11
  • Love 1

Do we know where the newlyweds are living? 

David Waller said in his church address last Sunday that he was"so grateful for Justin and Claire making it back"

• Upvote 6
  • Love 1

All I have seen is that they live in Texas, the speculation is that they are living near Hilary, but nothing else. I like that they are far away from the compound and they seem to be pretty private for now. 

• Upvote 12
  • Love 1

• 2 weeks later...

I just saw an article on Tumblr (unable to open due to geotagging restriction) that confirm the speculation about Justin and Claire living in Texas near her family, it seems that they have take bicycles as a hobby and no pregnancy announcement yet (yeah I know it will be super early but still)here is the link 

https://totallyrobophobic.tumblr.com/post/648000920708399104/shes-been-a-duggar-for-a-month-and-she-already

Edited by Italiangirl
  • Upvote 3
  • Thank You 5
  • Love 1

If they live in Texas, why does the backdrop look like it always does on Counting On? I'm sure they are in Texas. I guess that's a stock background image, but it even looks like the same couch. 

• Upvote 1
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, SeekingAdventure said:

she's already invested in some quality clothing :D

You're not a true Duggar until you own a mustard cardigan.

• Upvote 7
  • Haha 23
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 1

3 hours ago, Bluebirdbluebell said:

If they live in Texas, why does the backdrop look like it always does on Counting On? I'm sure they are in Texas. I guess that's a stock background image, but it even looks like the same couch. 

They most likely went to Arkansas for the Jedding... so they probably just interviewed them then 

• Upvote 12
  • Haha 1
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 1
  • Love 1

3 hours ago, Bluebirdbluebell said:

Green screen?

• Upvote 2
  • Thank You 1
  • Love 1

People.com has an article about their settling in Texas near her family: https://people.com/tv/justin-and-claire-duggar-share-update-on-married-life-as-they-settle-down-in-texas/.  I especially like the part where they're referred to as Josh and Claire, because everything else on that update is just boring.  At least the typo made me chuckle.

• Upvote 6
  • Haha 8
  • Thank You 2
  • Love 1

On 4/9/2021 at 9:43 PM, OHFL2009 said:

You're not a true Duggar until you own a mustard cardigan.

I own two mustard cardigans and now I'm ashamed. I'm wearing one right now.

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 15

15 minutes ago, ophelia said:

I own two mustard cardigans and now I'm ashamed. I'm wearing one right now.

Are you secretly courting a Duggar boy? 

• Upvote 3
  • Rufus Bless 2
  • Haha 20

Because if you are the fj sleuths will surely find out. 

1 hour ago, Italiangirl said:

Are you secretly courting a Duggar boy? 

• Upvote 5
  • Haha 17

• Coconut Flan locked this topic