IGNORED

Seriously Steve 3: Relaxing His Grip as He Prepares to Turn 70?

Coconut Flan

11 hours ago, freejugar said:

He spilled tea on his keyboard. LOL.

These rants belong on his personal journal. Not on a newsletter where he pretends to give out sage advice.

But he’s like Solomon

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 5

Okay, I don't think Steve understands Elijah's story. I mean, Elijah was so good, God took him bodily up into heaven. Doesn't sound like God was upset with Elijah. And Elijah wasn't replaced, Elisha was his successor. 

Steve's mind is so gone. 

• Upvote 12

On 3/16/2021 at 8:03 PM, treemom said:

But he’s like Solomon

In that he would happily recommend a baby be cut in two rather than find a logical, ethical solution?  I agree.  

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 6
  • Love 1

I'm not sure of his point, as usual, but in one post Stevie has managed to bitch about the government, believers unlike him (ie: those he thinks are not, in fact, believers/saved...judgmental ass as always)  and the Easter bunny. 

I thank all the gods in all the worlds pretty regularly that there is no one as miserable and self righteous as Steve Maxwell Asshole Extraordinaire in my world. 

• Upvote 13

19 hours ago, fundiefan said:

I'm not sure of his point, as usual, but in one post Stevie has managed to bitch about the government, believers unlike him (ie: those he thinks are not, in fact, believers/saved...judgmental ass as always)  and the Easter bunny. 

I thank all the gods in all the worlds pretty regularly that there is no one as miserable and self righteous as Steve Maxwell Asshole Extraordinaire in my world. 

He manages to get a shot in at food too.  He's always had a bug up his ass about food and being overweight, but he's been really harping on it in these last posts.

• Upvote 8
  • Thank You 3

10 minutes ago, kpmom said:

He manages to get a shot in at food too.  He's always had a bug up his ass about food and being overweight, but he's been really harping on it in these last posts.

Where are you guys reading these?  I went to the blog and am getting an error page when I try to pull up the 'seriously" and "mom's corner" articles.

21 minutes ago, HerNameIsBuffy said:

Where are you guys reading these?  I went to the blog and am getting an error page when I try to pull up the 'seriously" and "mom's corner" articles.

Click on the links, don't hover. Their web page has not worked properly since they "redid" it with all their skilled IT family. If you hover and try to get to the links, you get an error page. Just click on Articles, then you can go directly to their lists of ramblings. 

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 2
  • Thank You 7

9 minutes ago, fundiefan said:

Their web page has not worked properly since they "redid" it with all their skilled IT family.

IT is very much not the same discipline as web stuff, and I really wish people would stop conflating the two. (not aimed at you, just using you as a jumping off point. Mostly blaming the Maxwells for their stupid "lessons" that really only scratch the surface.) Understanding how to fix computers and work them does not a good web developer make, and the reverse is also true. 

I went to their site for the first time in ages just now. The only thing that has really changed is everyone is a few years older. How depressing. 

Edited by Destiny
spelling and more words. I really need to put my glasses on before posting.
  • Upvote 8
  • Thank You 3

On 3/5/2021 at 7:12 PM, MamaJunebug said:

Unlike Steve, I've let my children determine their own lives after getting them launched.  Like him, I have no regrets about doing it my way.  And now that we are where we are in life, this is what I want and this is what I quietly insist on getting.  And I'm very glad to say that the kids like it just fine.

Relax or don't relax, Steve. You've been a great cautionary tale of how NOT to treat one's children.  

I don't have kids (yet), but my parents I'm sure don't have any major regrets about how they raised me and my brothers. We went to school, played sports, occasionally went to church (my mom was raised in a cult and wanted us to all find God in our own way without it being forced) all went to college (made sure to let us know it's okay if we don't because it's not for everyone) we all moved out to go off to school after high school and we all turned out well. We see each other on occasional weekend trips to visit and on holidays depending on who's significant other's family's turn it is to do what. My fiancé was raised in a cult and we have already talked about what we will NOT do with our kids and it's mostly raising them like I was, but with more affection. 

Steve and Teri are the epitome of how NOT to raise train children...you train a dog not a child. 

• Upvote 9
  • Love 3

1 hour ago, Coconutwater said:

Steve and Teri are the epitome of how NOT to raise train children...you train a dog not a child. 

Agree. I’ve said this before. They think their way of raising children is the only way. 

Edited by Jana814
  • Upvote 7
  • I Agree 3

1 hour ago, Destiny said:

IT is very much not the same discipline as web stuff, and I really wish people would stop conflating the two. (not aimed at you, just using you as a jumping off point. Mostly blaming the Maxwells for their stupid "lessons" that really only scratch the surface.) Understanding how to fix computers and work them does not a good web developer make, and the reverse is also true. 

I went to their site for the first time in ages just now. The only thing that has really changed is everyone is a few years older. How depressing. 

I completely agree....although as an IT I do have some crossover that's just because I work for "lean" (read cheap) running companies so I have had to pick up some stuff along the way. (Doesn't make me a designer, but I can check a link :) )

I do think for someone as sanctimonious about doing everything "properly" as Steve he should be embarrassed to have stuff error out.  

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 2

10 minutes ago, HerNameIsBuffy said:

I completely agree....although as an IT I do have some crossover that's just because I work for "lean" (read cheap) running companies so I have had to pick up some stuff along the way. (Doesn't make me a designer, but I can check a link :) )

I swear, I wasn't picking on anyone here. It was just a general comment. To me, it's like saying, "well, you are an optometrist, so you can set my broken bone." Yes, both are doctors, but the areas of practice are completely different. Being able to use quickbooks and run a basic network and whatever else ITOnRamp were teaching is not web stuff.

13 minutes ago, HerNameIsBuffy said:

I do think for someone as sanctimonious about doing everything "properly" as Steve he should be embarrassed to have stuff error out.  

Oh yeah. Assuming they still read here, they should absolutely fix that. Get on it Steve.

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 3

35 minutes ago, Destiny said:

I swear, I wasn't picking on anyone here. It was just a general comment. To me, it's like saying, "well, you are an optometrist, so you can set my broken bone." Yes, both are doctors, but the areas of practice are completely different. Being able to use quickbooks and run a basic network and whatever else ITOnRamp were teaching is not web stuff.

As someone who spends half her life explaining to people at work that just because I'm IT doesn't mean I know anything about social media.  Just because you need a computer or device to do something doesn't make it my problem.

You should know how useless I am at webstuff, but I swear I do make a living doing corporate IT...it's just a different specialty.

• Upvote 7

Their site got all messed up in the update, there are too many dead links, the search function doesn't work anymore, and the old blog posts are wonky (weird characters and you can't zoom in pics).

Steve is a sour puss, just cause he can't eat chocolate he doesn't want anyone esle to enjoy it

• Upvote 6
  • WTF 1
  • I Agree 1

Thing is, they have/had businesses that create websites. That's been a large part of their revenue stream. 

So how can they mess up their own website that badly? And not bother to fix it in the many months since they messed it up? Is it just not on the schedule to fix yet?

And are the websites they make for other people just as bad? And if it not being on the schedule is the main reason they haven't fixed their own, do they just ignore requests from clients to fix problems until they have time to schedule them in? 

• Upvote 5
  • Rufus Bless 1
  • Haha 8

12 minutes ago, anjulibai said:

Thing is, they have/had businesses that create websites. That's been a large part of their revenue stream. 

So how can they mess up their own website that badly? And not bother to fix it in the many months since they messed it up? Is it just not on the schedule to fix yet?

And are the websites they make for other people just as bad? And if it not being on the schedule is the main reason they haven't fixed their own, do they just ignore requests from clients to fix problems until they have time to schedule them in? 

I’m guessing if that’s the case, then Joe & Elissa bought their big house in Olathe with dr*g money or something!!!

Joking of course. 

Im seriously thinking of the old saw that “the shoemaker’s children go barefoot.”  Family obligations come last. Hmmm ....!

Edited by MamaJunebug
  • Upvote 11

On 3/6/2021 at 10:57 AM, fundiewatch said:

Sorry if this is huge, I’m bad at technology. I was perusing the blog recently and saw this picture of Abby clearly using that technique. It’s been passed down, and it was NOT to us FreeJinger. 

40F726CF-06E6-4B7F-83A7-B040BBCAB2AE.png

I know this has been said, but holy crap, Abbie is TALL! I hope she loves herself and her family doesn't make her feel weird about her height. In a culture that values women and girls only as long as they are meek and submissive, I could see them finding it problematic for a young teen girl to be so tall. Girls Abbie's age already feel so weird about their bodies, regardless of what they look like, and I hope she isn't being made to believe, even indirectly, that being an unusually tall woman is somehow undesirable. I went to school with a girl who was super tall and the other girls were so nasty about it, even though she was popular, gorgeous, and a multi-sport athlete. I will never forget the gym class in fifth grade when we were all weighed in front of each other (WTF I know, such a terrible idea), and this poor girl, who was already 5'11" at age 10, had to go home early because some of the other girls made her cry about being the only one in our class who "weighed 100". We're in our mid-30s now, and she's like 6'2" and still like 100 pounds, so I guess she got the last laugh in the end ?, but it was so horrible. 

The Maxwells don't seem particularly blessed in the height department, so I wonder if Melanie comes from tall kin or Abbie is just unusual for her family. It will be interesting to see if Bethany, Tina, or Debbie end up similarly tall. I'm by far the tallest person in my family, though I'm not actually that tall (5'7"). My mom is 5'2" and my dad, who was Asian, was 5'4" or so. My sister ended up being around 4'11" and has TINY feet. I think she wears a child's size 2 or 3. Though I'm not especially tall, I do have enormous feet - I usually wear a 10.5 or 11. We joke that if our mom had found some way to average out our genes, we could both shop in the women's department for our shoes. ?

• Upvote 11
  • Move Along 1
  • Haha 4

Jesse's wife Anna is just about as tall as he is so I don't think Abby's height will be a problem in Maxland. 

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 1

On 3/27/2021 at 9:54 AM, Joe Pukepail said:

I know this has been said, but holy crap, Abbie is TALL! I hope she loves herself and her family doesn't make her feel weird about her height. In a culture that values women and girls only as long as they are meek and submissive, I could see them finding it problematic for a young teen girl to be so tall. Girls Abbie's age already feel so weird about their bodies, regardless of what they look like, and I hope she isn't being made to believe, even indirectly, that being an unusually tall woman is somehow undesirable. I went to school with a girl who was super tall and the other girls were so nasty about it, even though she was popular, gorgeous, and a multi-sport athlete. I will never forget the gym class in fifth grade when we were all weighed in front of each other (WTF I know, such a terrible idea), and this poor girl, who was already 5'11" at age 10, had to go home early because some of the other girls made her cry about being the only one in our class who "weighed 100". We're in our mid-30s now, and she's like 6'2" and still like 100 pounds, so I guess she got the last laugh in the end ?, but it was so horrible. 

The Maxwells don't seem particularly blessed in the height department, so I wonder if Melanie comes from tall kin or Abbie is just unusual for her family. It will be interesting to see if Bethany, Tina, or Debbie end up similarly tall. I'm by far the tallest person in my family, though I'm not actually that tall (5'7"). My mom is 5'2" and my dad, who was Asian, was 5'4" or so. My sister ended up being around 4'11" and has TINY feet. I think she wears a child's size 2 or 3. Though I'm not especially tall, I do have enormous feet - I usually wear a 10.5 or 11. We joke that if our mom had found some way to average out our genes, we could both shop in the women's department for our shoes. ?

Laughing because your family’s heights brought back now-great memories of my family. My 4 paternal aunts: not one taller than 5’2”, but they all seemed like giants to me - until I hit 5’5” and was miserable as only a teen could be at growing sooo tallll wahwahwah!  
Poor Big Mama and BDJB were at the end of their ropes - 5’8” and 5’11” respectively - with me.  None of their encouraging words could soothe me. 
Enter the Aunties, who merrily laughed about  “wherever did MJB come from” & “lucky MJB, she got her mother’s height!” - as we all went about our business, and I got over it. Topped out at 5’7” & my baby sister at 5’10” which she never fails to remind me what a puke I was and how I’d *now* LOVE to be taller!  

But this isn't about me it’s about young Abby.  She does appear to be comfortable towering over her grandmother et.al. so at this point she seems ok, at least from snapshots.  

Theres also Melanie’s siblings, including the aspiring Nashville star, to give Abby lots of support about being a young woman who stands out and can’t hide - and shouldn’t hide!!

Man, I’ve got myself on the express ISB today but heck, I’m sticking with it!

Edited by MamaJunebug
  • Upvote 7

On 3/27/2021 at 7:54 AM, Joe Pukepail said:

know this has been said, but holy crap, Abbie is TALL! I hope she loves herself and her family doesn't make her feel weird about her height. In a culture that values women and girls only as long as they are meek and submissive, I could see them finding it problematic for a young teen girl to be so tall. Girls Abbie's age already feel so weird about their bodies, regardless of what they look like, and I hope she isn't being made to believe, even indirectly, that being an unusually tall woman is somehow undesirable.

I don't think she'll have a problem with it. She hit puberty at a really young age, I'm thinking 9 or 10, so she's probably not going to get much taller than she is now. And when she first began to "develop" she was clearly uncomfortable with her changing body--wearing baggy (even by Maxwell standards) clothes and hunching over a lot in photos. Now, approaching 13,  she looks much more at ease with herself. She is truly a lovely young woman and I hope she has more opportunities in her life than her paternal aunties got.

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 4
  • Love 1

OH. MY. GOSH.  She's cutting lettuce with the pizza cutter!!!!!!!!!  It's like catching sight of a rare animal on a trail cam. 

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 18
  • I Agree 2
  • Love 1

On 3/24/2021 at 12:51 PM, fundiefan said:

Steve has literally just turned into grampa Simpson writing angry letters to whomever.  But Steve has streamlined right into a blog.

• Upvote 2
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Haha 9
  • I Agree 2

Free Breakdown of the New Seriously Steve?

This week we celebrate the greatest demonstration of love the world has ever seen. God’s love was the main motivation for Jesus’ sacrifice and making available a sinner’s redemption. “For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life” (John 3:16). 

Sadly, God’s love is often misunderstood. God’s love for and acceptance of the repentant sinner does not mean unconditional approval after salvation. We come to God on His terms, and once purchased, we live to serve Him. 

The first paragraph is fine enough; it's seems in line with most Christian thinking.

Second paragraph: I thought the Maxwells were Baptist/IFB like most fundies. Isn't the key to being a Baptist is being saved by grace and grace alone? 

Then again I read an article in Catholic newsletter where it said no amount of good deeds could get you into heaven, just God's grace. 

Most of the rest of this is just quotes. 

“Be ye therefore followers of God, as dear children; And walk in love, as Christ also hath loved us, and hath given himself for us an offering and a sacrifice to God for a sweetsmelling savour” (Ephesians 5:1-2). 

We must not love or follow the world. Jesus was the sacrifice for our sins, so that we may be living sacrifices for Him. “I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that ye present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable unto God, which is your reasonable service. And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God” (Romans 12:1-2).

The italized part is what Steve and not quoted from the bible. It's short.

Steve, Jesus's ministry involved leaving his mother and traveling in the world. It had nothing to do with pizza cutters, ceiling fans and dish towels. 

• Upvote 12

As a non bible believing person, I don't understand how that works. 

God sacrificed Jesus so believers can have everlasting life. Isn't that the core of Christianity? Steve seems to be saying god sacrificed Jesus to make every other living being live in ways that are acceptable to him. 

If that's the case, Jesus wasn't sacrificed for everlasting life, he was sacrificed for a sycophant who wants a bunch of robots to jump when he says jump. So that would mean god also killed his son for his own selfish ego. 

• Upvote 9
  • Sad 1
  • I Agree 1

• Coconut Flan locked this topic