IGNORED

Erin & Chad 7: Reckless Behavior in a Pandemic Has Consequences

nelliebelle1197

20 minutes ago, JillyO said:

Brown Bear Brown Bear is my 9-month-old’s favorite too! She crawls over to our bookshelf, picks it out among all her other books, and brings it to us. It’s too cute, so of course we read it for the seven millionth time. ☺️

I am finally starting to recover, but around March 2020, I stopped being able to read anything but what I consider my comfort reads. I must have reread one series three or four times during 2020. With that series, I think I once started over on book one when I got done. I couldn't even tolerate the idea of rereading any of my other comfort reads at that point, which was probably around November 2020.  

So I can't really criticize a youngster for heading for his or her favorite book. 

• Upvote 10
  • Love 15

• 2 weeks later...

I find it interesting how different Alyssa and Erin’s mommy images are. Alyssa is all matching dresses and hitting the gym etc and Erin is farm animals and outside time and the thing is there is definitely a market for both in the mommy influencer world. 

• Upvote 11
  • I Agree 4

14 hours ago, CanadianMamam said:

I find it interesting how different Alyssa and Erin’s mommy images are. Alyssa is all matching dresses and hitting the gym etc and Erin is farm animals and outside time and the thing is there is definitely a market for both in the mommy influencer world. 

It honestly kind of cracks me up how competitive they are, when really "Don't worry Dears, you're both pretty and bland with awful beliefs!"

• Upvote 8
  • Haha 11
  • I Agree 2
  • Love 1

• 3 weeks later...

Currently on IG there are lovely Paine family photos at the beach. A beautiful family of 6. If not for illness there likely would be more. More does not make a better or more Godly family. The Lord DOES a work in miraculous ways.

• Upvote 6

1 hour ago, SassyPants said:

Currently on IG there are lovely Paine family photos at the beach. A beautiful family of 6. If not for illness there likely would be more. More does not make a better or more Godly family. The Lord DOES a work in miraculous ways.

I get what you mean (and i also think its great their 4 kids will get to have a more normal childhood in a normal sized family), but i dont think God has anything to do with her getting Covid twice in a row or with her becoming infertile.

• Upvote 15
  • I Agree 5

I’m not a Christian so I don’t believe in all that. But these fundies love to talk about god opening and closing the womb. Looks like god closed it and that means fundies should take it as a sign that this is what god wants. Who are they to question what god wants? Her fundie religion forces her to accept this and take it as what god wants. No questioning it dear. 

• Upvote 20
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, SassyPants said:

Apparently, they just happened to "meet a photographer on the beach"  and this photographer "offered to take some shots." A photographer who seems to specialize in small children and families. Who was apparently willing to spend a lot of time with them, in a variety of shots. Yes, I believe that they were walking on the beach, with the kids looking pristine, and a photographer happened along and offered to spend an hour with them, getting picture-perfect shots. I like how the lighting is just right in all the shots. Just by accident, of course.

Why do they need to lie to us, I wonder? Why not say, "I hired a professional photographer to meet us at the beach to get some family shots."

Edited to add: On Erin's story, the photographer actually thanks them for the opportunity to take the pictures. 

Edited by Jackie3
  • Upvote 14
  • Eyeroll 1
  • I Agree 3

22 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I’m not a Christian so I don’t believe in all that. But these fundies love to talk about god opening and closing the womb. Looks like god closed it and that means fundies should take it as a sign that this is what god wants. Who are they to question what god wants? Her fundie religion forces her to accept this and take it as what god wants. No questioning it dear. 

Yes…this is what I meant in my comment. I was applying their stated beliefs to  their current situation.

• Upvote 8

27 minutes ago, Jackie3 said:

Apparently, they just happened to "meet a photographer on the beach"  and this photographer "offered to take some shots." A photographer who seems to specialize in small children and families. Who was apparently willing to spend a lot of time with them, in a variety of shots. Yes, I believe that they were walking on the beach, with the kids looking pristine, and a photographer happened along and offered to spend an hour with them, getting picture-perfect shots. I like how the lighting is just right in all the shots. Just by accident, of course.

Why do they need to lie to us, I wonder? Why not say, "I hired a professional photographer to meet us at the beach to get some family shots."

Edited to add: On Erin's story, the photographer actually thanks them for the opportunity to take the pictures. 

I thought the same, Erin it’s not like beach photos aren’t your thing!!!!??????!!!! no history of doing that all. Just bumped into someone??? Sure Jan!!!!

• Upvote 16

Some years ago when we were on holiday in south west France we had a photographer come up to us on the beach and ask if we wanted photos of the children. We were on holiday with family and between us had eight children ranging in age from four to twelve. We decided to have photos taken and the photographer was very good, spent time making sure the kids were comfortable and took a lot of photos which turned out really well especially a very natural group photo of the eight of them. So I’m giving Erin a pass on this, it may have all been spontaneous and not pre- booked. 

• Upvote 4

I’m guessing Erin ran into this person and they scheduled it for later that day after everyone got a bath and Erin could do her hair.

• Upvote 8
  • Haha 5
  • I Agree 1

I just went to look at the photos, and now I really want to know where they were. It looks suspiciously like a local beach here; definitely somewhere nearby given the position of the sun. Several people in the comments asked but she didn't answer, and the photographer she tagged is from Tennessee, so she must have been on vacation too. 

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, OHFL2009 said:

I just went to look at the photos, and now I really want to know where they were. It looks suspiciously like a local beach here; definitely somewhere nearby given the position of the sun. Several people in the comments asked but she didn't answer, and the photographer she tagged is from Tennessee, so she must have been on vacation too. 

Well, what a coincidence that a photographer that they just bumped into on a oceanfront beach is from TN too! ?

• Upvote 6
  • Haha 8
  • I Agree 2

On 6/8/2021 at 10:05 AM, JermajestyDuggar said:

I’m guessing Erin ran into this person and they scheduled it for later that day after everyone got a bath and Erin could do her hair.

I'm guessing Erin hired a photographer to take beach pictures.

• Upvote 3
  • Eyeroll 1

If she was taking a photographer with her, you would think it would be Taryn since she is the official Bates photographer.

• Upvote 4

On 6/8/2021 at 12:05 PM, JermajestyDuggar said:

Things all too matchy, matchy to be a chance thing.  And not even on the chance she "bumped" into this photographer and scheduled it later.  

• Upvote 6

On 6/11/2021 at 5:24 PM, JermajestyDuggar said:

If she was taking a photographer with her, you would think it would be Taryn since she is the official Bates photographer.

If she did hire a photographer maybe she wanted to try something different, and she’s using the “spontaneous offer” to spare the feelings of the usual photographer, especially if it’s a family friend. Kind of like an “oh, I had a free coupon, that’s why I didn’t bother you to do my hair” to your friend who owns a shop.

If she did just stumble across this photographer and he didn’t know who she was, he sure scored on the social media reach! 

• Upvote 7

On 6/11/2021 at 6:14 PM, SassyPants said:

Well, what a coincidence that a photographer that they just bumped into on a oceanfront beach is from TN too! ?

It looks like she's from a couple hours from Knoxville, so either they coordinated with a photographer from a different town that maybe they were introduced to by friends or something, or they met wherever they are and "bonded" over their shared home state. It was definitely not a spontaneous shoot on the beach given their clothes, etc. but I guess it's possible they met earlier in the trip and arranged a photoshoot for later. 

• Upvote 4

Maybe they were wearing matching clothes, because Erin was going to take pictures herself? Fundies wear matching clothes a lot so it wouldn't surprise me if they were matching just because. This sounds naïve, but there are photos of the Duggar in matching clothes when they were young. If Erin is depressed about no new babies, getting the kids to match could be a coping mechanism.

• Upvote 3

So Chad was the only one to not dress up for I Love You Day.  And he seems hugely bored when they interview him.  Wondering if Chad is getting enough of the show. 

• Upvote 6

9 minutes ago, BeccaGrim said:

So Chad was the only one to not dress up for I Love You Day.  And he seems hugely bored when they interview him.  Wondering if Chad is getting enough of the show. 

Wouldn't be surprised.   He's been quite the trooper and I think he does a lot for Erin's sake but let's be honest, the he married into a family of takers.   I hate it when Erin "volunteers" him.  Hopefully that's just for show, but somehow I get the feeling it's not. 

• Upvote 11
  • I Agree 3
  • Love 1

6 hours ago, OHFL2009 said:

It looks like she's from a couple hours from Knoxville, so either they coordinated with a photographer from a different town that maybe they were introduced to by friends or something, or they met wherever they are and "bonded" over their shared home state. It was definitely not a spontaneous shoot on the beach given their clothes, etc. but I guess it's possible they met earlier in the trip and arranged a photoshoot for later. 

Yeah, I think it’s possible that the photographer recognized them, knew they were also from Tennessee and was like “oh I can get some publicity from this” and made the offer? The Paines are also an attractive family and photograph well, so honestly, I can see the photographer making hte offer. 

6 hours ago, Mama Mia said:

P

If she did just stumble across this photographer and he didn’t know who she was, he sure scored on the social media reach! 

I think the photographer knew exactly who she is and that is why the offer was made. 

3 hours ago, BeccaGrim said:

When was Erin’s surgery? I feel like Chad probbaly had a lot more on his mind than I Love You Day if it was the same time. But he also might be done with the show and possibly having to be so public about private things might not be helping. 

• Upvote 8

28 minutes ago, CanadianMamam said:

Yeah, I think it’s possible that the photographer recognized them, knew they were also from Tennessee and was like “oh I can get some publicity from this” and made the offer? The Paines are also an attractive family and photograph well, so honestly, I can see the photographer making hte offer. 

I think the photographer knew exactly who she is and that is why the offer was made. 

When was Erin’s surgery? I feel like Chad probbaly had a lot more on his mind than I Love You Day if it was the same time. But he also might be done with the show and possibly having to be so public about private things might not be helping. 

I thought that was late Summer and early Fall 2020, a good 6 mos before ILYD.

• Upvote 3

4 hours ago, nokidsmom said:

Wouldn't be surprised.   He's been quite the trooper and I think he does a lot for Erin's sake but let's be honest, the he married into a family of takers.   I hate it when Erin "volunteers" him.  Hopefully that's just for show, but somehow I get the feeling it's not. 

Its not. Erin's bragged on the show about volunteering him without asking and then telling him about it when he can't say anything. Like in front of the family or on camera.

• Upvote 4
  • Love 1

9 minutes ago, JordynDarby5 said:

Its not. Erin's bragged on the show about volunteering him without asking and then telling him about it when he can't say anything. Like in front of the family or on camera.

Exactly.  I know she's put him on the spot like that and is quite proud of it.   IMHO not a good thing to do no matter how funny it is or just for show.   Because I don't think he's putting on an act here.

IDK, she talks about how awesome he is but sometimes I wonder it's because he never says no.  I am not sure anyone has told her no.   Oh well, he should have known what he was getting into, marrying into a reality show family.    

Edited by nokidsmom
  • Upvote 7
  • Love 1

• nelliebelle1197 locked this topic