IGNORED

Erin & Chad 7: Reckless Behavior in a Pandemic Has Consequences

nelliebelle1197

Erin's been posting some admittedly really cute Instagram videos of life at her house with all the animals around.  It's pretty sweet how Evy snuggles the piglets like they're her babies. But don't they poop and pee everywhere? Im not savvy on pigs' bathroom habits. But baby farm animals napping on a white couch raises some logistcal questions for me. 

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 1

6 hours ago, sparrow said:

Erin's been posting some admittedly really cute Instagram videos of life at her house with all the animals around.  It's pretty sweet how Evy snuggles the piglets like they're her babies. But don't they poop and pee everywhere? Im not savvy on pigs' bathroom habits. But baby farm animals napping on a white couch raises some logistcal questions for me. 

I am amazed someone as tidy/clean as Erin encourages children to have that many pets. There was a picture with one of the girls (Everly?) inside a playpen with piglets. The playpen was in the garden. If they piglets were kept inside, it had to be dirty. Maybe it was only for the pictures. I don't know.

What will they do when the piglets grow up? As they are pink skinned, I assume they are the same breed used for meat. Those animals get big (and males can be dangerous, no joke). Are they keeping them as pets or selling for meat? 

I come from a country background. I said this before, but fundies do strange things as instragrammer farmers. Rachel Wissman allows their children BAREFOOT in the hen house (hen houses are full of bugs and poo!). My grandparents were born in a time in which children weren't protected, but no way they were allowed barefoot among animals. 

Edited by Melissa1977
Add information
  • Upvote 13
  • I Agree 1

I read somewhere that there’s no such thing as a “teacup pig.” They are all just baby pigs. And they will all get big no matter what. Breeders will lie and say the teacup pig will only get 30 pounds. Nope. They will get big just like all the other pigs. Baby pigs are really small and cute. But they will get big just like the rest. Even the runts get big. 

Edited by JermajestyDuggar
  • Upvote 11
  • I Agree 4

10 hours ago, sparrow said:

To my knowledge, pigs are very intelligent- at least as smart as dogs - and can be house trained. 

• Upvote 11

3 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I read somewhere that there’s no such thing as a “teacup pig.” They are all just baby pigs. And they will all get big no matter what. Breeders will lie and say the teacup pig will only get 30 pounds. Nope. They will get big just like all the other pigs. Baby pigs are really small and cute. But they will get big just like the rest. Even the runts get big. 

People have been SEVERELY surprised. 

• Upvote 3

Baby Farm Animals napping on a white couch is peak Instagram, isn't it?? : )

• Upvote 9
  • Haha 11
  • I Agree 1

6 minutes ago, HereticHick said:

Baby Farm Animals napping on a white couch is peak Instagram, isn't it?? : )

I’ll be honest. I’m glad it’s a baby pig and not a baby Paine. When they re-home the pig, let’s hope it goes to a well maintained farm. 

• Upvote 13

I’ve long assumed that Erin is one who snaps the ‘Gram pics then cleans everything back up a moment later.

• Upvote 5

2 hours ago, clueliss said:

I’ve long assumed that Erin is one who snaps the ‘Gram pics then cleans everything back up a moment later.

But you never know when a pig will poo, it is not a dog. I wonder if Erin has relaxed a lot in order to become what she thinks a  farmer is (I know many farmers and none of them would put an animal in a white couch, but they don't live in Instagramworld). Everly and Holland are often dirty and playing with animals, mud etc. Carson and Brooklyn were far more groomed when they were toddlers. 

On the other side, I think Erin keeps the children outside to avoid them inside. They have barely no toys and the house is little. At this point, it may be really difficult to have the house tidy and the children entertained without making messes. 

• Upvote 8

3 hours ago, Melissa1977 said:

But you never know when a pig will poo, it is not a dog.

You can house train pigs just like you can cats or dogs.

Now, I find it kinda hard to imagine Erin putting in the work necessary to make sure the pig can live inside. Maybe Chad does it? Or maybe no one does and the pig will move to a farm as soon as it’s no longer an Insta-cute baby? I just hope it doesn’t end up as a steak. 

On 6/18/2021 at 10:31 PM, formergothardite said:

My personal favorite in the Amish fetish romance genre is the pregnant Amish widow series. I’ve not read them but they seem to have a devoted following. Whoever came up with probably made a fortune. 

I’m insanely late to the party considering you made this post in June, but I’m seriously wondering and just can’t help but ask: what kind of fetish is that? Widow fetish? Pregnancy fetish? Amish fetish? A fetish combining all the above-mentioned aspects?
I’m honestly confused, slightly amused but also startled that there really seems to be one for literally everything. 

Edited by FluffySnowball
  • Haha 7

I did 10 years of 4-H and although I never did an animal because I lived in town I was around people who raised animals, both while I was in 4-H and as a teacher where many students raised animals. Had I raised pigs there would have been no mystery in my life. I probably would have given them names like Ham, Bacon, and Sausage instead of names like Daisy or Pippa.

• Upvote 5
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Audrey2 said:

I did 10 years of 4-H and although I never did an animal because I lived in town I was around people who raised animals, both while I was in 4-H and as a teacher where many students raised animals. Had I raised pigs there would have been no mystery in my life. I probably would have given them names like Ham, Bacon, and Sausage instead of names like Daisy or Pippa.

I want a pig named Kevin, Kevin Bacon.

• Upvote 6
  • Haha 18

1 hour ago, Audrey2 said:

I also did 4H and I raised a pig (my great uncle owned a pig farm) and when the pig was grown, my great uncle gave it to us to eat to teach me that life lesson. My sweet baby piglet did indeed become bacon. 

Erin seems to have 4 baby piglets and I can't imagine she plans to keep them all. So I am sure they will be rehomed. She also had a goat wandering through the house. I am not the tidiest housekeeper but even I winced at farm animals in the living room. The stories of the kids painting outside and running in the yard were cute though. 

• Upvote 8
  • Sad 2

5 hours ago, Melissa1977 said:

Everly and Holland are often dirty and playing with animals, mud etc. Carson and Brooklyn were far more groomed when they were toddlers. 

On the other side, I think Erin keeps the children outside to avoid them inside. They have barely no toys and the house is little. At this point, it may be really difficult to have the house tidy and the children entertained without making messes. 

The last thing I'd want to see is a well-groomed toddler who can't do anything fun. I feel sorry for little Zoe Webster, who always looks perfect and is never seen playing in the mud. I am delighted that Erin recognizes the importance of play and exploration. Who cares if toddlers are "well groomed"?  I'm glad to see that Holland and Evy are allowed to play in the mud, instead of being kept clean and perfect-looking.

Bravo, Erin! I'm so glad you posted that your kids being dirty at day's end meant they'd had an "adventurous day."

As for keeping them outside. . .why wouldn't you allow small children to play and explore outside, and keep indoors for quieter, neater playing? It makes perfect sense to me, and I never post on instagram. Everyone is happier if Holland makes mudpies outdoors rather than indoors.

16 hours ago, Melissa1977 said:

I am amazed someone as tidy/clean as Erin encourages children to have that many pets. There was a picture with one of the girls (Everly?) inside a playpen with piglets. The playpen was in the garden. If they piglets were kept inside, it had to be dirty. Maybe it was only for the pictures. I don't know.

I guess she is putting her kids' needs ahead of her own personal desires. Good parents do that. I find Erin a bit smug, but her kids are the happiest-looking of the Duggars and Bates (with the possible exception of Jessa's). 

Edited by Jackie3
  • Upvote 15
  • I Agree 3

5 hours ago, Jackie3 said:

The last thing I'd want to see is a well-groomed toddler who can't do anything fun. I feel sorry for little Zoe Webster, who always looks perfect and is never seen playing in the mud. I am delighted that Erin recognizes the importance of play and exploration. Who cares if toddlers are "well groomed"?  I'm glad to see that Holland and Evy are allowed to play in the mud, instead of being kept clean and perfect-looking.

This. I laughed so hard a few years back when the UK Royal Family posted Princess Charlotte's first day at nursery photo in nursery. She was wearing pretty shoes, fancy tights, and a pretty coat and scarf. Never in my life have I seen a nursery child dressed like that. I get that she is a wee princess, but come on. Is she gonna climb trees in that outfit, is the gonna play in the sandbox and make mud cakes in that outfit? Honestly...

Picture under spoiler (I think). This is every bit as ridiculous as the Webster girls' outfits. Way overdressed for mud cakes (way overdressed for mud cakes would make an excellent thread title for the Websters). 

Spoiler

Princess-Charlotte.thumb.jpg.d5d915e144c20fb95608f0b09fd6f40d.jpg

(Kinda similar as to why British girls almost always wear skirt as a part of their school uniform. I mean, why? They are supposed to climb, play, hang upside down, play football and do cartwheels. You can't do that as well in a skirt. Schoolgirls are not supposed to be pretty, they are supposed to play.) 

• Upvote 4

I think Charlotte was only dressed like that because it was an “official” photo, and she and her siblings are always dressed smartly for official photos. They wear more casual stuff at other times, I think so they’re not as recognised.

My primary school has changed its uniform policy since I was there, and now girls can wear trousers or shorts if they wish. The girls didn’t play football when I was at school during break times, the boys did. 

• Upvote 14

I was a very physical child who refused skirts and dresses most of the time. I just wanted to play at recess when I was little. I didn’t want to worry about my skirt flying up or my shoes being slippery. I don’t have girls but if I did, they would wear practical clothing to school. That way they can play on the playground if they want. 

• Upvote 2

I didn’t see anything wrong with Princess Charlotte’s outfit.  I agree that was an official photo and also it was the first day of school.  The first day of school isn’t like an ordinary school day.

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 3

Charlotte is wearing what many primary school girls would wear to school in the UK. Mary Jane shoes (most girls would be black instead of red), tights and probably a pinafore under the coat.

Most English children wear uniform, and little girls run around in shoes and pinafores with tights and summer dresses.  You absolutely can get them dirty and do handstands in them.  It looks posher than it is, because of the coat. Its also a first day of school photo, and even American kids get dressed up for that, and have it taken the instant they are ready before they have time to get dirty.

• Upvote 16

4 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I was a very physical child who refused skirts and dresses most of the time. I just wanted to play at recess when I was little. I didn’t want to worry about my skirt flying up or my shoes being slippery. I don’t have girls but if I did, they would wear practical clothing to school. That way they can play on the playground if they want. 

My daughter is a super active child and she loves dresses. But then I garden in dresses, because I like wearing skirts. My daughter climbs treees, plays sports, etc. And does it all in a skirt (usually with shorts or leggings underneath) because that is her preference. 

8 hours ago, mango_fandango said:

I think Charlotte was only dressed like that because it was an “official” photo, and she and her siblings are always dressed smartly for official photos. They wear more casual stuff at other times, I think so they’re not as recognised.

My primary school has changed its uniform policy since I was there, and now girls can wear trousers or shorts if they wish. The girls didn’t play football when I was at school during break times, the boys did. 

I read that the clothes are also so the kids know. They dress one way when they have to be "princess Charlotte" and "Prince George" and "Prince Louis" and another way when they get to be Lottie and George and Louis. That it helps the kids keep the official part of their lives separate from the every day. 

• Upvote 11
  • Thank You 3

21 hours ago, SorenaJ said:

(Kinda similar as to why British girls almost always wear skirt as a part of their school uniform. I mean, why? They are supposed to climb, play, hang upside down, play football and do cartwheels. You can't do that as well in a skirt. Schoolgirls are not supposed to be pretty, they are supposed to play.) 

I think the reason is that the powers that be want the girls to look cute. Otherwise, there's no reason to put a six-year old in a skirt for a day of play, learning and exploration. Yes, you can climb trees in a skirt, but it's much easier in pants. It's a way of handicapping the girls that would never be tolerated for boys. It's not just the dress, it's the Mary Janes/sandals, too. If the ground is wet and muddy, how are you going to run and play in Mary Janes? Better to stay on the sidewalk.

As a result, more girls are likely to stand and watch the active play, instead of participating. Of course, some will still engage in active play, but many will stand and watch out of fear about messing their dress, showing their underpants, getting their legs cold and damp because they are in tights, etc. They'll look at the tree, and look at their Mary Janes, and decide not to climb. That's the price of prioritizing "looks" in prepubescent girls.

Edited by Jackie3
  • Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1
  • Eyeroll 1
  • I Agree 1

Wow.

Is she the most fertile fundie we know of? Got pregnant 4 times in less than a year before they discovered her clotting disorder, gave birth to 4 kids in 4.5 years, and then got pregnant again like 6 months after having 1 and 2/3 ovaries removed and being told she would likely never conceive again?? Insane.

I truly hope she and the baby stay healthy, with no complications.

• Upvote 31
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 2

Wow, that is a complete and total SHOCKER. I wonder what the medical literature says about the chances of a pregnancy like this happening.

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 2

• nelliebelle1197 locked this topic