IGNORED

I Am So Sick of Powerful Men Abusing Women

Maggie Mae

Last week, the CEO of the Alaska Native Hospital stepped down, unexpectedly and without reason. This a a guy with a million+ salary, and we all know that CEOs don't quit cushy jobs, they retire or take new offers. 

Turns out the same day, sexual harrassment was reported to the board. Story here. 

https://www.adn.com/alaska-news/2021/03/03/anthc-boss-resigned-after-employee-accused-him-of-unrelenting-abuse/

Then last night it was uncovered that his house was for sale. 

Then his helicopter went missing and debris was found near Kodiak, his last known destination. 

Now people are blaming the victim for his rumored suicide. 

I'm just so sick of it. 

TWO attorneys general have stepped down due to harassment under this governor. The Governor who won because the incumbent Lte Governor stepped down for harassing a woman. 

Last summer the mayor stepped down after a reporter sent out the nudes he sent her. 

Alaska has the highest rate of sexual assault in the nation. This is ridiculous that everyone blames it on the native communities and lack of policing. How about men just fucking stop abusing women. Stop abusing their positions and just do their jobs. 

So fucking tired of the news. 

Edited by Coconut Flan
  • Upvote 1
  • Love 13

• Coconut Flan changed the title to I Am So Sick of Powerful Men Abusing Women

This last week in Australia.. has just been exhausting. A Cabinet member was accused of historical rape allegations. In a separate incident a woman who was working as a parliamentary staffer came forward to report that she had been raped in Parliament House. The response at the top has been lacklustre, to say the least. And I am so, so tired of the pathetic response from powerful, semi-competent men. I am sick of having a prime minister who apparently has no empathy for anything other than his immediate experience.

For anyone who wants more information, this article "when the political is personal" and this article "If you're experiencing distress..." sum up both the situations and the feelings very well.

15 hours ago, Maggie Mae said:

How about men just fucking stop abusing women.

Exactly how I am feeling too.

• Love 9

• 3 weeks later...

Another Aussie here, feeling exhausted and deflated at the current (ongoing) situation in the media and politics.

This piece sums it up well.

Monday is International Women’s Day. It comes around so fast, doesn’t it? We’ve hardly had time to celebrate Another Community Leader is Accused of Sexual Assault Day and we’re already here again.

• Love 6

4 hours ago, Smee said:

Another Aussie here, feeling exhausted and deflated at the current (ongoing) situation in the media and politics.

This piece sums it up well.

Monday is International Women’s Day. It comes around so fast, doesn’t it? We’ve hardly had time to celebrate Another Community Leader is Accused of Sexual Assault Day and we’re already here again.

It was the shooting comments that really, really got to me for some reason. I was angry before, but that just hit me in a way I wasn't expecting. I hadn't previously thought of Morrison as a fundamentalist, even with the Hillsong connection, but now I wonder a lot about his relationship with his wife and daughters.

• Upvote 3