IGNORED

Spanky Sproul 5: Grace for Me but Never for Thee (Unless Thou Payest Me)

nelliebelle1197

On 3/5/2022 at 9:33 AM, mountaineer said:

I wondered if those comments from Darby were regarding people she grew up with during the St. Peter era. I am tangentially connected to a number of those families and haven't heard anything, but that doesn't mean much.  The couple of former St. Peter families I know personally have mostly left Christianity altogether, and I do not wonder why. 

Sexual abuse is rife in the circles she was in, with the VF connections, etc.  

• I Agree 2

• 1 month later...

Spanky and the Queen appear to have acquired a new home out in the country. According to Queen Lisa, it will become the base for "our church and ministry":

441012512_Sproulhomestead.thumb.png.bd2ca1a2b62a0890a8fc088b1e2fc762.png

So, where did the money come from? Havenʻt they been on the edge of foreclosure at their current house at least 2-3 times, not to mention all the grifting because Spanky canʻt get or hold gainful employment. 

Edited by hoipolloi
Redacted name
  • Thank You 7

The Covid real estate rush has done a number on home prices, even here in fly-over country.

The Zillow/Trulia estimate on the Queen of Fort Wayne's McMansion is currently $732,000, up considerably from the $495,000 or so it was pre-pandemic.

I don't see any indication that it's currently on the market, but it would probably be an excellent time to cash out and downsize to something more affordable, especially since they're down to only two kids at home (who, if their older sisters are any indication, will presumably be bolting for the door the second the clock strikes midnight on their 18th birthdays).

The new place is smaller, older, and looks to be deep in the boonies. If it's anywhere near their last known location (northern Indiana/Ohio or southern Michigan), I sincerely doubt it's very expensive even at current boom prices, unless it comes with considerable acreage (and despite the "homestead" reference I wouldn't assume it does). I would guess somewhere around $200k or under.

From what I remember though, Lisa's daughter has posted that her mother was rabidly devoted to keeping the McMansion, so if they *are* selling it and downsizing, I can't imagine she's very happy about it, no matter how much she talks it up on social media.

Edited by AnnaSofia
  • Thank You 3

56 minutes ago, AnnaSofia said:

Queen of Fort Wayne's McMansion

*snickers*

I seem to recall a while back that they won on some kind of legal or tax case that gave her/them ownership of the McMansion. I'm not 100% certain though. On the other hand, Spanky was whining about needing funding to live his life because of medical bills etc so who knows. I find it really hard to believe that they've got enough spare cash lying around to buy a new property, even if it is out the back of beyond. Low-grade wondering if her kids have chipped in if they're going to be living on the property as well. 

My personal (and mostly unjustified) theory is that they're falling further into the Queen's crazy and are going for some kind of sovereign citizen self-sufficiency homestead thing (funded by others, of course).

• I Agree 1

3 hours ago, Katzchen24 said:

My personal (and mostly unjustified) theory is that they're falling further into the Queen's crazy and are going for some kind of sovereign citizen self-sufficiency homestead thing (funded by others, of course).

That occurred to me as well but I canʻt see either of them putting in the hard work needed to make a "homestead" sustainable. Especially Spanky -- he doesn't seem to do much beyond sit around pontificating. You certainly don't see him doing home repairs or even gardening at their suburban palace. Canʻt imagine how a homestead would support the four of them adequately.

• Upvote 3

4 hours ago, hoipolloi said:

That occurred to me as well but I canʻt see either of them putting in the hard work needed to make a "homestead" sustainable. Especially Spanky -- he doesn't seem to do much beyond sit around pontificating. You certainly don't see him doing home repairs or even gardening at their suburban palace. Canʻt imagine how a homestead would support the four of them adequately.

I agree with you, and I just don't see what is in this for them. Without knowing precisely where the land is it's hard to say. The only thing I'm really certain of is that Spanky is going to want other people to pay for what the Queen thinks they're entitled to. 

Edited by Katzchen24
  • Upvote 4

Were the boys in any type of homeschool coop?  Moving to the back of beyond will almost certainly be more socially isolating for those two kids. 

They are leaving their very large home and familiar surroundings and moving to a much smaller space right as they are coming into their major teen years.  Ish. 

• Upvote 4

• 5 weeks later...

I've been ignoring Spanky for the most part recently because he's just so incredibly mediocre. He's got all of the usual conservative Christian talking points etc. with nothing interesting or intelligent to say about them. But, he's still banging the Sacred Marriage drum, and the video dated 30 May 2022 on YouTube has me feeling quite nauseated. There is:

1) Some stuff about forgiveness and sinning against your spouse which makes me think something has happened recently that Her Majesticness has gotten her knickers into a knot over. This seems to have been a bit of a through-line recently.

2) Some more stuff about seeing marriage counsellors if there's issues within a marriage. I wonder if that means in the way Spanky 'counselled' Lisa.......??

3) Finally, some quite hypocritical bollocks about not dissing your spouse (I'm assuming that doesn't include deceased spouses, who it seems can be slandered as much as you wish).

What an asshat.

• Upvote 3
  • Thank You 9

30 minutes ago, Katzchen24 said:

1) Some stuff about forgiveness and sinning against your spouse which makes me think something has happened recently that Her Majesticness has gotten her knickers into a knot over. This seems to have been a bit of a through-line recently.

2) Some more stuff about seeing marriage counsellors if there's issues within a marriage. I wonder if that means in the way Spanky 'counselled' Lisa.......??

So...vague vlogging?  Two dysfunctional people with titanic egos -- what could possibly go wrong? 

• Upvote 10

Any guesses as to who these "two specific people" might be?

210876231_ScreenShot2022-06-05at4_30_00PM.thumb.png.5138be8b330e2f50bea995b23a89bfc1.png

• Upvote 9
  • Thank You 4
  • Love 3

14 hours ago, hoipolloi said:

Any guesses as to who these "two specific people" might be?

I can't tell if this is sarcasm or a real question.

34 minutes ago, Banyan said:

I can't tell if this is sarcasm or a real question.

Sarcasm. Didn't think anyone here would actually not know who Darby is referencing.

• Upvote 1
  • Thank You 1

On 6/2/2022 at 6:14 PM, Katzchen24 said:

But, he's still banging the Sacred Marriage drum, and the video dated 30 May 2022 on YouTube has me feeling quite nauseated.

Thanks for taking one for the team. I just listened to the Smutty Marriage episode you mentioned to see if it's really as bad as you say. Yup, totally nauseating. It's not nauseating because of what they say people should do. A lot of it is good advice. What's nauseating is that even though they know what everyone else should do they've never followed their own advice. Then when they're called out for their hypocrisy they play the innocent victim, all very publicly. I've ever seen anyone throw as many public pity parties as Spanky and Lisa.

It requires a pathological degree of narcissism to constantly preach about specific sins when you yourself are the worst possible offender. Their lack of introspection and self-awareness boggles the mind. 

Edited by Banyan
  • Upvote 2
  • I Agree 2

On 6/2/2022 at 6:14 PM, Katzchen24 said:

Her Majesticness

Kind of like you, I ignore the Spanks & Lisa topic because they’re just icky. But for some reason I looked today, and happy I am that I did. 
“Her Majesticness,” indeedy-dee. I shall be using that in several IRL situations upcoming, I just know it. My sincere thanks. 

Darby S cracks me up. Is Sandra Boynton some kind of Fundie bogey woman?  The gal who draws startled-looking animals? 

But I also have wondered what she wondered at the Wendy’s.  

Anyway: Free the Sproul Sprouts!!!

• Upvote 2

• 1 month later...

RC Sproul Jr is still throwing his family and friends under the bus. 

His scandals were "created by family & so called friends."   Other than the DUI none of his many scandals are his fault.

1447822296_ScreenShot2022-07-13.thumb.jpg.6e2c3c3cd90a4f8d924d444a22c61d1d.jpg

• Upvote 3
  • Disgust 5
  • Sad 1
  • Eyeroll 4
  • Thank You 1

6 hours ago, Banyan said:

At this point I would be very surprised if he did anything else!

I had a brief look at his YouTube channel but it's still full of weasel-ish nonsense. One of his videos (do unto others, 11 Jul 2022) could be summarised as:

• explaining that nuance is a thing
  • explains why he thinks it's ok to cover up paedophilia, and other crimes "Jesus calls me to treat others as i would want to be treated" (11.22 minutes)
  • misunderstands the nature of economic privilege

Spanky is like the human personification of a shrug. 

• Upvote 2
  • Thank You 1

Spanky says Lisa adopted his four youngest children.

There are two boys still at home. Didn't one daughter leave for college (School O'Sproul?) or to live with Vesta? Who was the 4th child and when did that kid escape?

• Upvote 4

On 7/13/2022 at 10:55 AM, Banyan said:

His scandals were "created by family & so called friends."   Other than the DUI none of his many scandals are his fault.

1447822296_ScreenShot2022-07-13.thumb.jpg.6e2c3c3cd90a4f8d924d444a22c61d1d.jpg

Adopted two daughters who left as soon as each turned 18 because of how they were treated. Neither has ever been allowed back. Some ‘mother of Israel”. The two daughters who were underage are Erin Claire and Maili.

• Upvote 5

Spanky brings up the adoption anniversary every year on social media, and it would be hilarious if it weren't so sad. For one thing, I have no doubt in my mind that our godly queen of motherhood was simply intent on creating as many legal ties between herself and the Sproul family money "legacy" as possible And of course, within less than two years, half those kids were gone.

IIRC, Erin Claire left within months of the adoption, before she even turned 18. She went to live with Darby in Tennessee and stayed in that area for 2 or 3 years. She's around 21 now, and living back in Florida.

Spanky and Lisa apparently learned their lesson and went into full lockdown mode with Maili, making her quit her job at Starbucks, and taking away her driver's license and cell phone. She still somehow left literally the day she turned at 18, and went to Vesta's.

I'm sure Reilly and Donovan are just counting the days, but they're much younger (around 12 and 16 now?), so they have awhile to go. I think there were some rumblings from the older sibs (including Lisa's adult offspring) about getting them out, but it wouldn't surprise me if they could never find a legal way to make that happen. From what I remember, it's notoriously difficult to get minors out of situations like that in Indiana.

It still makes me angry that Spanx and Lisa kept the younger kids from attending Delaney's wedding to Josh Phillips. And of course, Spanky tried to frame it as if Delaney & JT were rebellious kids going against the "family" despite the fact that the wedding was officiated by RC Sr., and seemed to have the full blessing of everyone OTHER than Spanky and Lisa (and initially Spanky as well, until the shit hit the fan between Lisa and his older kids). I wouldn't have thought it was possible to marry into the Phillips family post-Fall 'O Tool and come away looking like the trashier side, but somehow Spanx and the Queen of Fort Wayne made it to the top of the heap.

• Upvote 12
  • Sad 1

• 2 weeks later...

Delaney, Josh, and their kids seem to be on an extended beach trip with friends who are Catholic (including at least one unmarried couple 👀). I vaguely remember some anti-Catholic views expressed by the Sprouls in the past and wonder if this is a sign that Delaney at least is deconstructing more from her dad's views. Idk much about the infighting between different religions though, so I might be totally off.

• Thank You 2

Out of curiosity I checked a few days ago on the status of Spanky College. The web site was offline and still is today. This is all that appears:

Spoiler

1932505535_ScreenShot2022-07-29at11_51_22AM.thumb.jpg.1455f81ede1e50d5126b080167590bf3.jpg

The domain name and (presumably) the server fee were due for renewal on 7-4-22. So either he didn't have the money to renew it or decided it wasn't worth a renewal fee. I'm thinking the latter since with all his well-publicized scandals he probably was never successful in enrolling scamming any "students." I'm sure that Julie Roys article probably didn't help much either. Any guesses on what his next scam is likely to be?

• Thank You 4

• 2 weeks later...

From the Queen. Guess which one of her trivial things caught my eye.....

Spoiler

1037609701_ScreenShot2022-08-11at7_16_58am.thumb.png.49b2657e378bcd4ff79481d4a86a552d.png

And from Spanky.....

Spoiler

435027494_ScreenShot2022-08-12at6_04_28pm.thumb.png.6942a2c07289fbbaaa1439f2741e65b1.png

It would not surprise me if we find out in six months time that he's been in rehab, or been caught doing something he shouldn't be.

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 2
  • Thank You 5

8 hours ago, Katzchen24 said:

It would not surprise me if we find out in six months time that he's been in rehab, or been caught doing something he shouldn't be.

Usually, the writer lets the faithful followers on Twitter or whatever know they'll be absent from social media for a bit because of *reasons*, like finishing touches for a publication, birth of a child, serious illness, social media account crashed by by trolls, big stuff.  Never, I'm taking a powder for nunya bidness. 

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 2

• Coconut Flan locked this topic