IGNORED

Spanky Sproul 5: Grace for Me but Never for Thee (Unless Thou Payest Me)

nelliebelle1197

On 12/6/2021 at 10:49 AM, mountaineer said:

Who was KSP referring to in the original tweet? Not Darby herself, right?

It was Hannah-Kate (freedomsbride), who has been one of the most outspoken sexual abuse survivors in the SBC over the last year.  Her story includes molestation by her dad and a forced abortion against her will of a child conceived during the incest (like, literally held down on the table, not just psychologically pressured).  She's been through some pretty awful stuff.  

• Sad 2

According to a file posted on his YouTube channel on 22/12/2021, Spanky is going to gift* his listeners a signed copy of one of his books for being fantastic supporters of his work through Dunamis Fellowship! AMAZING Christian generosity from Spanks. 

* In order to qualify for the gift, please set up a regularly monthly donation to Spanky's channel**. Also since it's the season for Christmas bonuses, maybe make an additional once-off donation as well.

** He promises faithfully that the money will only go to Dunamis Fellowship, NOT into his Spanky-pants.

Edited by Katzchen24
Added in the source material reference.
  • Upvote 2
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Haha 7

HOW is anyone still buying what this grifting piece of shit is selling?  I mean, seriously - drop off the planet already.

• Upvote 6

32 minutes ago, danvillebelle said:

HOW is anyone still buying what this grifting piece of shit is selling?  I mean, seriously - drop off the planet already.

People still buy what Trump sells. 

• Upvote 5

2 hours ago, nelliebelle1197 said:

People still buy what Trump sells. 

Point taken.  And I wish he'd drop off the planet also. 

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 2

• 3 weeks later...

1097995433_ScreenShot2022-01-13at8_07_52AM.thumb.jpg.77f75f052580c5a05aae34465ea2202d.jpg

Tragically for Darby, it's actually much worse than just having a "passive" father. It's alleged RC Sproul Jr caught Darby's assailant in the act and did nothing more than throw Steven Sitler out of the Sproul home so he could go on to molest dozens more little girls and boys. It's also alleged RC Sproul Jr took a payoff from the wealthy Sitler family to buy his silence.

• Upvote 3
  • Disgust 3
  • Sad 3

Darby tweeted on 1/1 that "2022 will be the year I pursue justice for myself."  Whatever actions she chooses to take this year, I have so much hope for her, and I wish her strength and healing. Her transparency on this topic has been, and it appears will continue to be, of great service to other victims of church-concealed abuse. Good job, lady. 

I also hope her little brothers are OK. 

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 6

Meanwhile Lisa is exploring new dimensions:

Spoiler

Jan 8

ARE YOU PAYING ATTENTION YET? BITCOIN BITCOIN BITCOIN WHO CREATED BITCOIN AND WHAT WAS THE MAJOR PURPOSE OF IT'S CREATION? LAUNDERING CHILD TRAFFICKING FUNDS - 500 BILLION DOLLARS PER YEAR!

image.png.7d73d895f67bfbe129f8b68d73cc82fe.png

And also harping on old themes:

Her former husband has died, apparently of Covid. She wrote about attending his funeral, and then drifted into a reminiscence about how they met, and how she wouldn't date him until he started going to church instead of synagogue.

And then she reposted this, from, she points out, two months before she was divorced.

Spoiler

image.png.6138f6b0423a8ff721835497bdab2c44.png

This was while she was being counseled, "objectively," by RCJR. So these were objective heart whispers and soul kisses, I'm sure.

And RCJR has been expounding on his podcast on the biblical requirement and family need for Patriarchy, concluding with an exhortation for husbands to "take back your pants!"

Darby is the only Sproul active on public media who makes any sense at all. I wish her continued healing and strength for the hard work to come.

• Upvote 12
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Thank You 2

15 hours ago, Banyan said:

Tragically for Darby, it's actually much worse than just having a "passive" father. It's alleged RC Sproul Jr caught Darby's assailant in the act and did nothing more than throw Steven Sitler out of the Sproul home so he could go on to molest dozens more little girls and boys. It's also alleged RC Sproul Jr took a payoff from the wealthy Sitler family to buy his silence.

I knew about the payoff, and Spanky's complicity in ensuring Sitler did not come to justice. However, I didn't realise there were allegations that Spanky caught Sitler in the act. How does he live with himself? Any POS who allows a child to come to harm in this way, either by inaction or through their own actions, is the lowest of the low (hey Jim Bob and Michelle.....).

No wonder he's so keen on his version of God and Jesus, it means he can abdicate any responsibility for his actions to his children and assuage his conscience at the same time. Assuming he's got one.

• Upvote 5

7 hours ago, Katzchen24 said:

I knew about the payoff, and Spanky's complicity in ensuring Sitler did not come to justice. However, I didn't realise there were allegations that Spanky caught Sitler in the act. How does he live with himself? Any POS who allows a child to come to harm in this way, either by inaction or through their own actions, is the lowest of the low (hey Jim Bob and Michelle.....).

I keep dreaming with all my heart that someday we’ll see all of Stitler’s victims rise up together and take down Spanky, Wilson, and everyone else who knowingly helped to keep Stitler away from the consequences of his actions. I know it would take a lot of work, and is highly unlikely, but it’s the only way I can handle thinking about that terrible coverup. 

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 2

My  fear is that Sitler molested his son in the early years, since Sitler lives with his wife and son.  He has been diagnosed as a fixated pedophile, and has a compulsion to molest children. I can"t imagine that the crazy chaperone scheme that was in effect early on is still happening, but there was no report I'm aware of about when that may have ended.  Katie was a chaperone, but there was no real expectation that she would report her husband if she found him out of compliance. 

The son is much older now (around 6 or 7) and can talk about what is or isn't happening, but he's still clearly within the pre-pubescent target range for Sitler victims. 

Here's an update from 2017, when the son was 2.  Huge trigger warning for child sexual abuse:  

Steven Sitler Update: The House that Doug Wilson Built

As far as I know, Sitler has not fathered more children with Katie, which should tell you something because in CREC world couples are expected to have kids and lots of them.  It means the Sitlers are using birth control, or Sitler got his tube tied, or they aren't having sex or Katie is somehow unable to conceive. 

Consider this:  Josh Duggar is facing years in the Federal pen for possessing CSA images.  Stephen Sitler has molested dozens of children, spent a brief period of time in jail and now walks free. 

• Upvote 4
  • Disgust 1
  • Sad 2
  • Thank You 1

On 1/14/2022 at 10:59 AM, Columbia said:

I keep dreaming with all my heart that someday we’ll see all of Stitler’s victims rise up together and take down Spanky, Wilson, and everyone else who knowingly helped to keep Stitler away from the consequences of his actions. I know it would take a lot of work, and is highly unlikely, but it’s the only way I can handle thinking about that terrible coverup. 

Darby Stouffer posted on twitter that this is the year she pursues justice for herself, so who knows?  

• Love 2

Can some knowledgeable person bring me up to date on demons in Christian churches?  Do a lot of denominations believe in demonic influence?

Lisa, who as she has reminded her readers a time or ten, is maintaining a 4-point GPA in her biblical counseling studies through Liberty U, recently posted tips for recognizing demon attacks.

Basically if you're a Christian and your psych meds aren't working, probably the problem is demons, not boring old depression. Addiction? Demons again. Demons work overtime to bring trouble to the saints.

I gotta say a few demons would certainly spice up sessions with my therapist. 

• Upvote 5

6 hours ago, older than allosaurs said:

Do a lot of denominations believe in demonic influence?

Not sure about denominations, but I've seen some footage of pastors ranting about demons and demonic influence lately.  It's a little scary. They seem...possessed.  

But this is such an interesting question!  I did a bit of googling and really couldn't find specific information.  

This fundamentalist Baptist church in Southern California has Satan listed 2nd (after The Trininty) in its What We Believe section. 

"We believe that Satan, the Devil, was created by God as an angel and was given an important position in Heaven, but then he fell from that position through the sin of pride. Satan was able to persuade one-third of the angels to follow him in his rebellion. These fallen angels became the demons. Satan and his demons work to persuade people to commit sin and, in particular, to reject the authority of Jesus and the Bible. Satan and the demons will be judged one day in Hell, which was prepared for the Devil and his angels."

Growing up Presbyterian, Satan and demons were mentioned exactly zero times, but wouldn't all fundamentalist churches believe that Satan is an active force?

Here's an interesting article from 2018 that addresses this issue from the Baptist point of view: Exorcists in demand? Baptists discuss demonic activity

And from back in 2014, Catholics, Satan and exorcisms: 

Why so many Christians still believe in demons and Satan  Harvard's black mass controversy is far from an anomaly, and reveals how unreformed the Catholic Church remains

Edited by Howl
  • Thank You 2

8 hours ago, older than allosaurs said:

Can some knowledgeable person bring me up to date on demons in Christian churches?  Do a lot of denominations believe in demonic influence?

It's pretty standard belief in most conservative denominations that Satan and demons (or fallen angels) are real, that Satan is actively attempting to tempt both Christians and non-Christians into sin, but that we are also tempted by our own hearts.  

The level of emphasis on that varies, though, and the people who start seeing demons behind every corner that are out to get them tend to be seen as being paranoid or having an unhealthy focus on it.  

Pentecostals (in their various forms) as a whole would have a much stronger emphasis on it, and on spiritual warfare.  For many of those churches, if you *don't* see a demon around every corner, that's kind of suspect to them.  

Personally, I think there is a supernatural power out there that isn't particularly favorable towards us.  Most Western culture isn't particularly accepting of the possibility of supernatural happenings, and so stories tend to be dismissed as the witness misinterpreting it, someone was drunk/high/dreaming, etc.  But I've seen some freaky stuff a time or two, and I've heard stories from thoroughly level-headed friends from other cultures that are more accepting of supernatural happenings that I find it hard to explain in any other way.  

• Upvote 1
  • Thank You 1

Thanks for the info. I do remember going to a Baptist church with a school friend in the '60s, around Halloween, where the preacher told us that witches were real and came from the devil. And I had a high school student once whose dad was an IFB preacher. He never seemed to remember anything we did in class, but he liked tell me about the stuff he was memorizing for Bible Quiz contests -- which heavenly beings have two wings and which have four, and different categories of fallen angels. I saw him a few years after graduation and he told me he'd left the church and his dad was a heretic.

Other than that, I guess I thought of demons and exorcisms as mostly an old-time Catholic thing. The worldview of life as a battleground between forces of good and evil is just weird, and kind of repellent, to me. When Lisa goes on about how demons circled and howled around her "God-breathed marriage" to RCJR, I think "deluded drama queen," not spiritual warrior.

Having said that, I've experienced what I would call spiritual grace, in ways that don't conform with my agnostic beliefs, and I've slowly come to think that there may be outright evil in the world (as opposed to just selfishness and error). It's a mystery.

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, older than allosaurs said:

Lisa, who as she has reminded her readers a time or ten, is maintaining a 4-point GPA in her biblical counseling studies through Liberty U, recently posted tips for recognizing demon attacks.

Basically if you're a Christian and your psych meds aren't working, probably the problem is demons, not boring old depression. Addiction? Demons again. Demons work overtime to bring trouble to the saints.

I gotta say a few demons would certainly spice up sessions with my therapist. 

I went to a Nazarene college in the early. 80's. One of my religion professors (because 15 hours of religion was mandatory) said there were demons chained to the outskirts of hell that were so powerful that if they broke loose, they could turn the universe amok. How he came to possess this tantalizing tidbit, I do not know. But I do know this: unlike Lazy Lori, I have plenty of knowlege frmom my college education to share!

• Haha 3

I think the Queen only practises half of what she preaches. 

1053655187_ScreenShot2022-01-26at4_36_45pm.png.2f025e8e9b762f5eddf9216e3ed3d866.png

• WTF 2

6 hours ago, Katzchen24 said:

I think the Queen only practises half of what she preaches. 

Irony is all like, "Oh, damn, not HER again."

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 5

• 3 weeks later...

Has anyone heard any updates on Spanky College? Just curious to know how the worldwide collaboration is going. 

1939440099_ScreenShot2022-02-16at6_01_34AM.thumb.jpg.d8240d83ff6561d6ba5cc7b226807e9d.jpg

• Upvote 3

Shepherd's "College" = Spanky sitting at home, watching the unpaid bills pile up, thinking up possible scams that will allow him to get maximum income from the gullible with minimal effort. 

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 1

2 hours ago, Howl said:

Shepherd's "College" = Spanky sitting at home, watching the unpaid bills pile up, thinking up possible scams that will allow him to get maximum income from the gullible with minimal effort, and watching Queen Lisa shitpost on social media. 

Added an integral part of the "curriculum" at Shepherd's College.

• Haha 4

Did I post this prior?  After Moral Failures, R.C. Sproul Jr. Launches College to Train ‘Men of Godly Character’   by Sarah Einselen published on The Roys Report in June 2021.  Even so, it's good to review his past defrockings and skullduggery and his narcissistic take on his past behaviors: 

Eiselen notes: "On a podcast interview with host Justin Brierley "Sproul also objected to calls for public repentance, saying the public isn’t entitled to the same confession and accountability from a teacher as the teacher’s session, church, or family."

In a different podcast interview with Sam Hailes/Premier Christian Radio in 2019:  "Sproul added on a 2019 podcast that he 'didn’t know' whether he had a problem with alcohol, explaining he didn’t believe the category was biblical."    Let us all sit quietly for a moment to savor the WTAF nature of an alcoholic's take on his rampant alcohol abuse.  The comments on this podcast do not support Spanky's return to "ministry."   Link HERE to the podcast titled: My Moral Failings and God's Great Grace.  Comments are right below the podcast summary. 

• WTF 1
  • Thank You 6

• Coconut Flan locked this topic