IGNORED

Spanky Sproul 5: Grace for Me but Never for Thee (Unless Thou Payest Me)

nelliebelle1197

5 minutes ago, thoughtful said:

Yeah, I was wondering wtf "imploding grace" was, as well.

Maybe this:

Big implosion geek here & that one was purrty!

I just remembered that the cigars my dad smoked were Roi Tan. So ignore me. :D 

• Haha 2

There's a big family crisis brewing. I'm not going to post pics because it involves minor children and all of the info is available to be viewed publicly on the FB and Insta pages for RC Lisa Sproul. The queen is accusing the adult Sproul children of exploiting the still-at-home minors without parental permission. I think the situation is more complex than she's willing to acknowledge, but she's certainly looking for any excuse to hurt and threaten. She is talking about legal charges and getting the law mixed in. It's worth checking Darby Stouffer's Twitter account for a bit more context.

Lisa's vindictiveness knows no bounds.  

• Thank You 9

Spanky and Lisa are fucking monsters.

I really wish that the minor children could be removed ASAP from that house. 

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 9

I don't know how Lisa and Spanx can possibly think this constant muckraking benefits them.

At very best, it makes the Sproul family (as a general entity) look like dysfunctional assholes who can't keep their drama off social media, which can't be good for the brand.

At worst, it makes Spanky and Lisa look like vindictive, unhinged harpies, since they're the ones initiating nearly all of it.

"No, really, we're the victims here! It's just that ALL of our collective adult children are terrible people who are out to get us for absolutely no reason! And so were all of our collective former spouses, especially the one who's dead and can't defend herself!"

They can fuck right off with their bullshit.

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 6

1398374448_ScreenShot2021-02-20at10_24_22PM.thumb.jpg.f1ac01cfef41c5ef8331e44064754dce.jpg

According to Spinderella Sproul, Lisa sought "objective counseling" from RC Jr beginning in 2013. It soon turned into marriage counseling. Somewhere along the line Lisa started sexting T&A pics. So, yeah, I can see how his mind was "otherwise occupied." Add to that a lifetime of binge drinking and what we're left with is seriously diminished brain function. One interesting theory is that RC Sproul Jr suffers from "alcohol psychosis." If that's true it could explain a lot about his irrational and even paranoid behavior, including lashing out at family members.

Edited by Banyan
  • Upvote 4
  • Thank You 6

2 hours ago, hoipolloi said:

Spanky and Lisa are fucking monsters.

I really wish that the minor children could be removed ASAP from that house. 

These kids have been so much and now they are in the middle of this catastrophe. My heart really goes out to them and I hope they can escape the moment they turn 18.

Isn't there anybody in the Sproul family that is willing to step up against Spanky and his wife?

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 2

58 minutes ago, ophelia said:

Isn't there anybody in the Sproul family that is willing to step up against Spanky and his wife?

There must be family members who would do so but how difficult, or easy, is this to do in IN?

What does it take for CPS or a similar IN agency to remove minors from a home where the parents appear to be totally crazed? Is that even enough to trigger an intervention? If the minors are removed, would CPS or whoever then allow them to reside with adult siblings out of state as opposed to foster parents in-state?

Asking because I don't know the answers. The whole thing is terrible.

Edited by hoipolloi
  • Upvote 4

IIRC, one of Lisa's daughters insinuated that they (some of the adult kids) were trying to do something about the minors still at home, but I doubt it got very far.

I am not a lawyer™, but in the words of one I consulted back in the day, Indiana is a black hole. Unless things have changed drastically in the past decade or so, it's next to impossible to get minors out of situation like that unless you can prove catastrophic abuse, and even then it's not a slam dunk. IIRC, Ohio is about the same. A friend there spent years and small fortune trying to get her niece out of an incredibly shitty home situation, with no luck at all.

I would dearly love to see Reilly and Donovan get away from Spanky and Lisa, but I'm not optimistic.

• Upvote 2
  • Sad 1
  • Thank You 5

Lisa periodically short circuits to crazy land,  erupting with Biblical wrath that doesn't don't  *quite*  make sense. 

I don't think we can comprehend the rage she still feels over finding out the adult kids were texting behind her back and ongoing paranoia that something is happening over which she has no control. 

She's kind of Trumpian in that once slighted, she'll seek revenge forever.

And one more thing: Spanky and The Queen seem clueless about how Twitter works.  They shitpost and are subsequently ratio-ed to the end of the Earth, with Tweeps responding and outing Spanky's past misdeeds. 

...aaaaand the Instagram account is now private! 

Edited by Howl
  • Upvote 7
  • I Agree 3

I'm guessing that RCJR and Lisa keep the boys cut off from any social media, as they reportedly did with Maili while she was with them, so were freaked out to realize those old Instagram accounts still were extant. I can well believe that RC had forgotten all about them and they were set up before Lisa's time. God (?) forbid they should have any chance of communicating with their siblings or grandparents. My narcissist former husband thinks that our children follow him to restaurants in disguise  and drive past his house (100 miles from them) for mysterious and sinister reasons. In his non-crazy life he is an intelligent and perceptive man. Paranoia makes him stupid. 

I watched part of their home church sermon. Here's the thing. He really loves to preach. He just glows with pleasure up there. If Lisa didn't want to live large, he might be happy with his remittance money from Ligonier, just spinning out the metaphors and messages to a few of the faithful. Now that he doesn't have eight kids to support he could get by just fine, and if he didn't keep being embarrassing, I expect the family business would quietly support him forever. They may do that anyway.  He doesn't have the self-discipline or the P.T. Barnum energy to work out a lot, look sharp, and build a flashy, disciplined media presence like a lot of these grifter pastors. Compare his Facebook and Twitter to, say, Tullian Tchividjian's. 

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 2
  • Thank You 3

It's obvious from the screenshot Lisa posted that the accounts are old, and the profile pics and bios haven't been updated in 3 or 4 years. I can't remember their birthdays offhand, but I wanna say Donovan should be around 11 sometime this year, and Reilly about 15?

I can totally believe that Spanky had an alcoholic blackout err "forgot" about them. I am, however, a little curious about the timing of Lisa's freakout. The accounts aren't exactly secret, I've run across them a few times while Googling the Sprouls. And you can't tell me Lisa doesn't Google herself ?

I vaguely wonder if the boys were using the accounts to DM their older siblings, or some such.

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 3

18 minutes ago, AnnaSofia said:

I vaguely wonder if the boys were using the accounts to DM their older siblings, or some such.

That would be my guess.  She's obsessed with cutting the boys off from any contact with the older siblings. 

Just thought about this. I know this has been covered over on the Freckled Fox thread, but can remember if we've noted it relative the the Sprouls.   Children of a deceased parent are eligible for a Social Security survivor's benefit. However, the amount is based on the work history of the deceased parent.  I'll assume Denise never had a job outside the home -- are the kids still eligible for the survivor's benefit?  

If the kids are getting a monthly check from the government, you can be sure Spanky and Lisa are depending on it to help keep them afloat and aren't about the let the kids get away and lose that. 

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 1

@AnnaSofia - thanks for your responses on the probable outcomes for IN child custody cases -- doing jack shit. How depressing.

This may be why Lisa has been constantly posting Happy Families photos on their FB page -- so the Sproul Jr household looks good from the outside.

5 hours ago, Howl said:

I don't think we can comprehend the rage she still feels over finding out the adult kids were texting behind her back and ongoing paranoia that something is happening over which she has no control. 

You're probably right. That set off a narcissistic rage which has never stopped, just ebbed & flowed.

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 1

33 minutes ago, Howl said:

I'll assume Denise never had a job outside the home -- are the kids still eligible for the survivor's benefit?  

No.  To receive social security on a worker's record, there has to have been a minimum of paid work.  

• Thank You 8

12 hours ago, AnnaSofia said:

I can totally believe that Spanky had an alcoholic blackout err "forgot" about them. I am, however, a little curious about the timing of Lisa's freakout. The accounts aren't exactly secret, I've run across them a few times while Googling the Sprouls. And you can't tell me Lisa doesn't Google herself ?

I think this is an excellent thought. The boys must miss their siblings, and it would be natural to want to talk to them.

I also wonder about the timing of this explosion. There's a lot going on with the establishment of their church, and I wonder if there's a bit of conflict happening behind the scenes. I kind of get the feeling that Lisa wants to emulate or outdo the Ligonier Ministries set up, or maybe become a super important matriarch to overshadow Vesta and Denise. This may just be one of those things where she's already wound up so tight that the smallest thing, even if it's unrelated like these accounts, has caused her to unspool. She is deeply unfit to be a leading light of a church. 

Another thought that crossed my mind is that since Spanky is showing so little spine in standing up for his adult children that maybe he's lying to Lisa about his role in creating them or allowing the adult kids access to them. There's so much content in the Insta accounts that they have to have been regularly used for a while. 

• Upvote 7

7 hours ago, Katzchen24 said:

There's so much content in the Insta accounts that they have to have been regularly used for a while. 

So...these Insta accounts were public?  And the minor boys were posting on them? 

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Howl said:

So...these Insta accounts were public?  And the minor boys were posting on them? 

They're private now but may have been public at some point. 

It looks like the older Sproul siblings and probably others have followed the boys on IG for years, which is why Darby knew and stated that the accounts had effectively been dormant since 2017:

2094714416_AddressingSpankysLisaslies.thumb.png.6d9235478ad7a37f470b4fb7f69cd633.png

So, no one -- including the boys -- has been actively posting on them. 

• Upvote 2
  • Thank You 4
  • Love 1

19 hours ago, mountaineer said:

Lisa definitely wrote the post from Junior's account. He knows better than to write "son's."

Agreed. And talk about projection! She's obviously got hubby's social media login credentials and often impersonates him. Weirdly enough he appears okay with all that. Yet Lisa loses her mind over one of her step-children allegedly setting up social media accounts for their siblings. Lisa deserves an award for control freak of the year. That and hypocrite of the year.

Lisa says she called the police on Darby for allegedly setting up so-called "illegal" Instagram accounts and that "The police have directed a path for us."

1600310800_ScreenShot2021-02-22at12_13_14PM.thumb.jpg.9d4dcc050dda4099da21c395a2e6fd38.jpg

1445837650_ScreenShot2021-02-22at12_13_36PM.thumb.jpg.8e92e6290f7bca3c95fda825583e889c.jpg

Darby has nothing to worry about because, even if she did set up Instagram accounts for Reilly and Donovan (whoop-dee-doo), there's nothing "illegal" about it. Worst case it's nothing but a violation of Instagram's terms of service and they'd terminate the accounts.

Never one to pass up an opportunity for histrionics, Lisa once again makes a total ass out of herself:

"911. What is your emergency?"
"My name is Lisa Sproul. My step-daughter set up Instagram accounts for my underage step-sons. That's illegal and I want her arrested!"
"Whatever, mam. But do you have an emergency?"
"Yes, this is an emergency. My step-daughter has committed a very serious crime. I need you to put out an APB before she lams it. I need her arrested at once!"
"Sorry mam, but this doesn't sound like a police matter at all, let alone an emergency. Contact Instagram and have them sort it out. Please don't waste valuable police resources like this again." (click!)

Lisa's spin: "The police have directed a path for us."

Edited by Banyan
  • Upvote 4
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Haha 9
  • I Agree 1

1068399325_Screenshot_20210222-115430_SamsungInternet.jpg.9533211e58ca06c10e1f9ee786eb637d.jpg

If Sarah Elizabeth is correct (ianal), it would be great if Darby and the other adult Sproul sprogs could have a restraining order to protect them from RC/Lisa Sproul. (No idea if it is feasible, let alone if they would do it.)

But, imagine Queen Lisa's rage if she were legally restrained from posting about her adult stepchildren. Alas, a side effect might be things getting worse for the minor kids. Which would be sufficient reason not to do it.

• Upvote 9

16 minutes ago, WhatWouldJohnCrichtonDo? said:

Alas, a side effect might be things getting worse for the minor kids. Which would be sufficient reason not to do it.

Exactly. In my view Darby and her siblings have shown remarkable restraint. So much shade thrown and yet they've said so little in response. I'm sure they know where all the bodies are buried but have held back, probably only because they're legitimately scared of the likely blow back on Reilly and Donovan. Biding their time until they can arrange a hostage rescue of the boys.

• Upvote 9
  • Love 1

5 hours ago, Howl said:

I'm sorry if I was unclear, but what I meant was that the accounts had so many posts attached to them that it seemed unlikely they were newly created. I think I was linking Lisa's sudden freak-out to them being a recent creation. It circles back to wondering why she's losing her sh!t over them now. The accounts were private when I looked, and there was no indication of how long they'd been around. I had no way of knowing who was posting on them.

Actually, which brings me to the thought that could the boys have known the accounts existed? How much internet access would they have? 

• Thank You 1

18 minutes ago, Katzchen24 said:

Actually, which brings me to the thought that could the boys have known the accounts existed? How much internet access would they have? 

I can't imagine that they have any internet access that isn't strictly monitored by Lisa with internet access for homeschool only.

I'd be very surprised if the boys have cell phones. 

However, as someone noted, Reilly is 15.  He may be at an age where he's starting to question with what's going on. 

Edited by Howl
  • Upvote 7

• Coconut Flan locked this topic