IGNORED

Safe At Home 6: PIGS ARE FLYING! Luke is Engaged!

nelliebelle1197

On 3/31/2022 at 12:48 PM, wolfi_fox said:

I just had the worst image pop into my head when I saw the phrase "down the rabbit-hole" in this Arndt topic 🤢🤮 

James and the Arndts have been raising rabbits...rabbit-hole....the questions about if they've had sex with an actual girl...🤢🤢🤢

Edited by wolfi_fox
  • Downvote 1
  • Confused 1

Catherine announced on her fb that she’s now on the staff of the youth ministry of pathfinder church. That church seems big and modern. I doubt Rick approves. He prefers the blessed church of the Arndt living room.

• Upvote 3

Happy 40th John Arndt, that's now 2 man boys 40 and older who remain safe at home (as far as we know), inching closer and closer to 3.

• Upvote 4
  • Eyeroll 2

6 hours ago, 0 kids n not countin said:

Happy 40th John Arndt, that's now 2 man boys 40 and older who remain safe at home (as far as we know), inching closer and closer to 3.

But was there a bedroom birthday picture posted with Mommy?  If there wasn't, are we sure it was really an Aarndt-boy birthday?

• Rufus Bless 3
  • Haha 5

2 hours ago, Queen Of Hearts said:

But was there a bedroom birthday picture posted with Mommy?  If there wasn't, are we sure it was really an Aarndt-boy birthday?

Lol, no, but there was this on their Facebook page:

Screenshot_20220402-205356_Facebook.jpg

• Upvote 2
  • Sad 1
  • Rufus Bless 3
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Haha 1
  • Thank You 2

Why do his siblings need so much influence? They're all in their 20s and 30s!

Edited by anjulibai
  • Upvote 11
  • Thank You 1

19 minutes ago, anjulibai said:

Whey do his siblings need so much influence. They're all in their 20s and 30s!

Yeah, growing up as the oldest I was always told I was the "example" or the "trailblazer" for my younger siblings.  That was all over by the time I was, like 21. 

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 2

When your parents treat you as a perpetual child no matter your age, you are always an influence to your younger siblings. 

• Upvote 8
  • Sad 1
  • Eyeroll 1
  • I Agree 3

12 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

When your parents treat you as a perpetual child no matter your age, you are always an influence to your younger siblings. 

Agreed.  Rick and Cathy are still stuck in "kid parenting" mode.  I don't know how the older ones in particular can stand it.  

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 4

On 3/21/2022 at 1:33 PM, JermajestyDuggar said:

Her name is Catherine (like ma Arndt), she used to be Catholic, she has some little white shorts, and now she’s bought in the Arndt brand of fundie. She’s basically perfect for an Arndt son. If she’s not good enough for Rick and Cathy, no one will ever be good enough. 

Jerms, why did you not call with this gossip? My boyfriend is cheating on me!

• Rufus Bless 1
  • Haha 9

• 1 month later...

What the actual fuck?!? Someone please watch this Paul and Morgan episode because I can’t stand them. I can’t watch without wanting to bang my head against the wall. What are the Arndts doing with these assholes?!?! Run away Wizzy! 

4EA0BE7E-A130-44CB-B9E0-1259EBDBFA25.jpeg

• Upvote 1
  • WTF 3
  • Thank You 5

9 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

What the actual fuck?!? Someone please watch this Paul and Morgan episode because I can’t stand them. I can’t watch without wanting to bang my head against the wall. What are the Arndts doing with these assholes?!?! Run away Wizzy! 

4EA0BE7E-A130-44CB-B9E0-1259EBDBFA25.jpeg

The video is unavailable via YouTube.  Ill try the P / M Instagram page. 

• Upvote 2
  • Sad 1

I'm avoiding thinking about something, so I watched most of this.  This is the first time I watched Paul and Morgan, and I don't care to again.  Morgan reacts like someone who needs her meds readjusted; her eyes are always drifting to the side or ceiling.    Mary-Elizabeth (ME) basically looks adoringly at Paul/Morgan, smiles, plays with her hair, nods in agreement continuously, and occasionally does a shoulder shrug with a grimace followed by a grin.  She doesn't say anything significant.  She got to know Paul and Morgan by subscribing to their YouTube channel and engaging with them.  She acted like a fan girl throughout the video. The summary follows.  I did quick fast-forward through small sections--they are really annoying and said nothing new or enlightening.

• ME got to know Paul and Morgan by subscribing to their Youtube channel and becoming involved.  She asked to meet up with them when traveling in their area with her family, and they did this impromptu recording about abortion. At the end, Paul asks ME if they (Paul and Morgan) were the same in person when they met at the restaurant. She said her brother Caleb said it was the same as YouTube but 3-D.
  • Abortion- It's the one topic ME  says she knows a lot about.  Ironically, she says nothing really about it except it's killing babies.
  • They go on about late night hosts and how political they are.  Trump was ME's first experience voting, so she doesn't really know much about the politics
  • They asked ME about St. Louis' reaction to the Roe vs Wade overturn leak.  She thinks it's very interesting, but she hasn't been back yet.  She went on about how Illinois is very liberal pro abortion and Missouri is very anti-abortion with no clinics.
  • Paul yaps on about how talk show hosts are making it sound like if Roe vs. Wade gets overturned all women's rights will be  taken away, which was just ridiculous to them.  They are especially disgusted with James Corden.
  • They feel prosecuted for being on the side of life.  People treat them like they are evil, but ME chimes in, "All we want is for you just not to kill a baby," and smiles.
  • Christians upset by Roe vs Wade are not really Christians.  ME: There are some gray areas in Christianity like with social justice, but you are literally talking about killing a baby.  "Church should be the one safe place for that."  Paul wants this tweeted. 
  • Discussed the argument about how anti-abortionists only care about babies and not about the people who are here.  Paul explains that this is an assumption, and  they are not in his body and don't know how much he cares.  Morgan starts going off on how anti-abortionists are not just "pro-babies".  As a group, Christians are the largest group who adopt and foster.  They are running crisis centers and giving out as many free things as they can.  And they offer free child care all across America. ME twirls her hair, nods, smiles, etc. throughout this topic.  
  • ME wants you to be very clear on social media about being anti-abortion.  You don't need to voice an opinion about other political things, but this one should be clear.

Screenshots of ME's shrug and grin in the spoiler.

Spoiler

1906598886_Screenshot2022-05-108_16_32PM.png.1eb4362bf54445107932589bee2103f1.png1544292433_Screenshot2022-05-108_18_25PM.png.eb957042c5ae6d83f8b537a94a29e5aa.png

ETA: @MamaJunebug, it's on YouTube under the title, Roe v. Wade Leak, TV Hosts Defend Abortion Rights.

Edited by Joyster
  • Thank You 18

3 minutes ago, Joyster said:

I'm avoiding something, so I watched most of this.  This is the first time I watched these Paul and Morgan, and I don't care to again.  Morgan reacts like someone who needs her meds readjusted; her eyes are always drifting to the side or ceiling.    Mary-Elizabeth (ME) basically looks adoringly at Paul/Morgan, smiles, plays with her hair, nods in agreement continuously, and occasionally does a shoulder shrug with a grimace followed by a grin.  She doesn't say anything significant.  She got to know Paul and Morgan by subscribing to their YouTube channel and engaging with them.  She acted like a fan girl throughout the video. The summary follows.  I did quick fast-forward through small sections--they are really annoying and said nothing new or enlightening.

• ME got to know Paul and Morgan by subscribing to their Youtube channel and becoming involved.  She asked to meet up with them when traveling in their area with her family, and they did this impromptu recording about abortion. At the end, Paul asks ME if they (Paul and Morgan) were the same in person when they met at the restaurant. She said her brother Caleb said it was the same as YouTube but 3-D.
  • Abortion- It's the one topic ME  says she knows a lot about.  Ironically, she says nothing really about it except it's killing babies.
  • They go on about late night hosts and how political they are.  Trump was ME's first experience voting, so she doesn't really know much about the politics
  • They asked ME about St. Louis' reaction to the Roe vs Wade overturn leak.  She thinks it's very interesting, but she hasn't been back yet.  She went on about how Illinois is very liberal pro abortion and Missouri is very anti-abortion with no clinics.
  • Paul yaps on about how talk show hosts are making it sound like if Roe vs. Wade gets overturned all women's rights will be  taken away, which was just ridiculous to them.  They are especially disgusted with James Corden.
  • They feel prosecuted for being on the side of life.  People treat them like they are evil, but ME chimes in, "All we want is for you just not to kill a baby," and smiles.
  • Christians upset by Roe vs Wade are not really Christians.  ME: There are some gray areas in Christianity like with social justice, but you are literally talking about killing a baby.  "Church should be the one safe place for that."  Paul wants this tweeted. 
  • Discussed the argument about how anti-abortionists only care about babies and not about the people who are here.  Paul explains that this is an assumption, and  they are not in his body and don't know how much he cares.  Morgan starts going off on how anti-abortionists are not just "pro-babies".  As a group, Christians are the largest group who adopt and foster.  They are running crisis centers and giving out as many free things as they can.  And they offer free child care all across America. ME twirls her hair, nods, smiles, etc. throughout this topic.  
  • ME wants you to be very clear on social media about being anti-abortion.  You don't need to voice an opinion about other political things, but this one should be clear.

Hide contents

1906598886_Screenshot2022-05-108_16_32PM.png.1eb4362bf54445107932589bee2103f1.png1544292433_Screenshot2022-05-108_18_25PM.png.eb957042c5ae6d83f8b537a94a29e5aa.png

Thank you! We’ve talked about Paul and Morgan on FJ but we haven’t in awhile. They have a thread that’s kind of dead. I just can’t watch them because of Morgan sounding high all the time and her husband being a patronizing piece of shit who treats Morgan terribly. I’m so sad she’s pregnant. Paul will be a horrible father. I bet he will treat Morgan even worse after the baby is born. I am so sad that Wizzy is a Paul and Morgan fan girl. And if she is ever allowed to get married one day, she won’t choose someone like Paul. Her father is so controlling, I wouldn’t be surprised if she chose a husband who is like Paul. I’m glad it seems only Wizzy is a big fan. I would hate to see some of her brothers being fans of Paul. Rick looks so much older lately. I’m wondering if he’s having any sort of health issues. 

I just thought of something. If Wizzy is a big fan of Paul and Morgan, I bet she’s also a big fan of Girl Defined. Barrrrf. 

• Upvote 5
  • Sad 3
  • I Agree 2

On 5/10/2022 at 8:39 PM, Joyster said:

I'm avoiding thinking about something, so I watched most of this.  This is the first time I watched Paul and Morgan, and I don't care to again.  Morgan reacts like someone who needs her meds readjusted; her eyes are always drifting to the side or ceiling.    Mary-Elizabeth (ME) basically looks adoringly at Paul/Morgan, smiles, plays with her hair, nods in agreement continuously, and occasionally does a shoulder shrug with a grimace followed by a grin.  She doesn't say anything significant.  She got to know Paul and Morgan by subscribing to their YouTube channel and engaging with them.  She acted like a fan girl throughout the video. The summary follows.  I did quick fast-forward through small sections--they are really annoying and said nothing new or enlightening.

Reveal hidden contents

ETA: @MamaJunebug, it's on YouTube under the title, Roe v. Wade Leak, TV Hosts Defend Abortion Rights.

Not really sure how informed ME is on this topic outside of what Rick decides Cathy can teach her. Doubt she actually knows "a lot" about abortion.

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 7

19 hours ago, wolfi_fox said:

Not really sure how informed ME is on this topic outside of what Rick decides Cathy can teach her. Doubt she actually knows "a lot" about abortion.

I bet that “a lot” strictly consists of fetal development and purity culture.

• Upvote 4

I was hoping ME would say something along the lines of "Our family so pro-life that we vowed to remain celibate for life to rule out any possibility of miscarriage ever". 

Sadly the mystery of the 14 virgins remains. Paul and Morgan suck as Youtube hosts - they could have introduced ME and asked a couple questions about her family! 

• Upvote 10
  • Rufus Bless 1

On 5/12/2022 at 4:35 PM, wolfi_fox said:

...or a lot about anything related to actual nuts and bolts of reproduction, which is ironic, considering that her mother and father had (presumably) and may still have an active sex life.  

Really, I can't contemplate the insanity of the Arndt "Safe at Home" team or my head will explode. 

1 hour ago, usedbicycle said:

I was hoping ME would say something along the lines of "Our family so pro-life that we vowed to remain celibate for life to rule out any possibility of miscarriage ever".

This may be the key to the whole thing! 

• Upvote 2
  • Rufus Bless 1
  • Haha 1

• 2 months later...

Two clueless Arndt "boys" talking about heterosexual relationships in this new video.  It's very hard to follow their Rick-ish analogies, but it's basically 40 minutes of excuses why they don't have relationships.  (hint: It's mostly the fault of the women of the world)

Edited by Anne Of Gray Gables
  • Upvote 3
  • Sad 1
  • Rufus Bless 4
  • Eyeroll 1
  • WTF 1
  • Thank You 7

2 minutes ago, Anne Of Gray Gables said:

Two clueless Arndt "boys" talking about heterosexual relationships in this new video.  It's very hard to follow their Rick-ish analogies, but it's basically 40 minutes of excuses why they don't have relationships.  (hint: It's mostly the fault of the women of the world)

What’s their excuse for Wizzy? Isn’t their one man good enough for her in this country? 

• Upvote 7

15 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

What’s their excuse for Wizzy? Isn’t their one man good enough for her in this country? 

They didn't discuss her at all. I don't think they can imagine her having a relationship with a non-family member. She did comment on the video:

Mary-Elizabeth

2 hours ago

I’ve listened to this video several times before you all even uploaded this to YouTube! It’s so, so good! Even though they are my brothers, I still learn from their advice!

Do tell, gurl. What did you learn from this beyond gaining the assurance that you'll be cooking for all the "boys" forever?

• Upvote 6
  • Thank You 4

Anyo

1 hour ago, Anne Of Gray Gables said:

Would you be willing to give more specifics so we don't have to give them more views?

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, anjulibai said:

Would you be willing to give more specifics so we don't have to give them more views?

Gosh, it's hard to sum it up, mainly because they don't make much sense. It's pretty clear they have very little, if any, dating experience and it's basically all stuff and nonsense.

Quite a lot about not giving pieces of your heart away, but they used a cake analogy instead. "Remember when we used to read the Hardy Boys and there was that heavy friend of theirs named Chet and he was supposed to bring a cake to a party. But he kept finding excuses to eat parts of the cake. First the frosting was dripping so he swiped that away. Then it wasn't even on the other side, so it ate some to make it even...before he knew it, the cake was gone!  You don't want to date around and find your heart gone like Chet's cake..."

Crazy shit like that. They are clearly obsessed with modesty and presumably virginity for women and even when they find certain women attractive they always find something wrong once they get to know them.  But they also frame this as them being honorable and honest men. They don't want to lead women on and break their hearts. Which is apparently why they never get anywhere with relationships. They are looking for perfect women, no doubt just like the one who married dear old Rick. It's as if they cannot grasp that women are as human as they are.

I don't know what the point was of having two forty-ish virginal men make a sad video like this. For me, it just confirms that they are brainwashed by their parents and in a family cult they are unlikely to ever escape. I also question if they realize that they aren't 25 any more and at this point if they want to start any sized family, they'll have to marry younger women. Younger women who are going to see them more and more as old weirdos as the years pass.

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 4
  • Thank You 18

It's sad that they don't realize they don't have any cake to offer anyone because they've never learned how to bake.  

How's that for an analogy?

• Upvote 9
  • Haha 24

4 minutes ago, Howl said:

It's sad that they don't realize they don't have any cake to offer anyone because they've never learned how to bake.  

How's that for an analogy?

It makes too much sense! 

I couldn't help but think of the worst song of all time, MacArthur Park.  The Chet's Cake story makes as much sense.

MacArthur's Park is melting in the dark
All the sweet cream icing flowing down
Someone left the cake out in the rain
I don't think that I can take it
'Cause it took so long to bake it
And I'll never have that recipe again
Oh, no

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 3
  • Love 2

• nelliebelle1197 changed the title to Safe At Home 6: PIGS ARE FLYING! Luke is Engaged!
  • Coconut Flan locked this topic