IGNORED

Safe At Home 6: PIGS ARE FLYING! Luke is Engaged!

nelliebelle1197

Right now I'm wondering if their financial difficulties are due to medical bills related to COVID.  If even one of them has long COVID, the bills can pile up fast. 

• Upvote 6

Well, Right, so I just had to check the Arndt's FB for the first time in ages and because I am a cold, heartless bitch, I couldn't help laughing at this prayer request :

image.png.f076c0fff80e6943dfcdf88daf9cdb00.png

Spoiler

black and white raven GIF

• Upvote 6
  • Rufus Bless 1
  • Haha 9
  • Love 1

8 hours ago, Black Aliss said:

Well, Right, so I just had to check the Arndt's FB for the first time in ages and because I am a cold, heartless bitch, I couldn't help laughing at this prayer request :

Hide contents

What the fuck is corvid? 😒

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 1
  • I Agree 1

15 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

There's a shared family delusion that they are actually crows? 

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 18

Arndt family is at elevated risk for spheniscidae-19.

(come on, look it up! :penguin-wink: )

• Haha 10

3 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

A family of birds that includes crows and ravens. Basically all the really intelligent birds which is why the commenter doesn't have it.

• Haha 18

1 hour ago, Black Aliss said:

A family of birds that includes crows and ravens. Basically all the really intelligent birds

We visited Dead Horse Point State Park in Utah (near Moab) awhile back.  In the parking lot, we watched a crow/raven peck on the top of a cooler left in the shade beside  a van until the bird got the cooler lid open, and got into the food in the cooler. We ran over and shooed the bird away, closed the lid, put a rock on top and left a note for the owners.  Still impressed by the sheer chutzpah, smarts and problem solving by that bird: had to know from experience where the food was,  had to realize that commitment to pecking might open the lid (most coolers have a latch; this one was just a friction fit).  Get the lid open once it's loose and dive in. 

• Upvote 12
  • WTF 1

On 9/8/2021 at 5:20 AM, quiversR4hunting said:

Since hell froze over (go see Maxwell thread), I had to look to see if anything is happening in penguin land. 

Same here. 

C'mon Arndt boys, if the Maxgirls can do it, so can you........

• Upvote 13
  • I Agree 9

On 9/10/2021 at 9:07 AM, church_of_dog said:

Arndt family is at elevated risk for spheniscidae-19.

(come on, look it up! :penguin-wink: )

Did it!

Worrh it!!!

:text-thankyouyellow:

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 4
  • I Agree 2

On 9/9/2021 at 11:15 PM, Black Aliss said:

Hide contents

Is she the Arndt's aunt?

• Upvote 1

Awhile back there was a young woman (!) attending a Rickhovah's Church of the Arndt Living Room service, obviously the g-friend of one of the man boys.  Did she realize the odds of the man boy fledging the nest were not greater than zero, and fade away? And now she's all, WTAF is with that family, I dodged a major bullet?

Edited by Howl
  • Upvote 7

On 9/10/2021 at 7:56 AM, JermajestyDuggar said:

Not sure this is the case here, but anti-vaxx conspiracy theorists misspell covid on purpose because they don't want their social media posts to be deleted. (They don't understand the concept of misinformation, and why some posts get deleted and some don't). I've seen it spelled a million ways in these kinds of groups. Same for the word vaccine.

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 7

I feel like the Maxwells wouldn't have kept all the girls at home if they had as many girls as the Ardnts have boys. Also the Ardnts' only daughter still lives at home, it's not like the girl has it any better than her brothers. I'm surprised they didn't try to find her someone and marry her off young.

• Upvote 4

• 3 months later...
1 hour ago, gustava said:

I need a penguin fix.  HELP:penguin:

I'm finally taking down my Christmas stuff today so I've got about 100 going into hibernation today.  

• Upvote 1
  • Rufus Bless 1
  • Haha 1

Seth turned 30 on Dec. 25th. There are now more Arndts over 30 than under. And in April the second of them will hit 40. So nuts. 

Current ages, for those that don't keep track:

Paul - 41
John - 39
Mark - 38
Luke - 36 (37 on 2/9)
Jude - 34
James - 33
Philip - 31
Seth - 30
Jacob - 28
Nathan - 26
Mary - 25 (just turned on 1/5)
Caleb - 23
Peter - 21
David - turns 19 on 1/21

Also, Rick is 65 and Cathy is 62 on 1/21. 

• Upvote 5
  • Rufus Bless 1
  • WTF 5
  • Thank You 21

2 hours ago, gustava said:

I need a penguin fix.  HELP:penguin:

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 12

How can NONE of those boys be married? It's just astounding.

Dear Lord, please, before I die, let one of the Arndt boys write a book about the extreme disfunction taking place at Arndtville. Because I must know.

Amen. 

• Upvote 24
  • Rufus Bless 1
  • Haha 4
  • I Agree 6
  • Thank You 1

4 hours ago, fundiewatch said:

And Mary at 25 is aging by fundie standards! Not a crack in the exterior. 

She’s 25?

Can’t be.  Have I been following these nut jobs nearly 15 years???  Holy smokes.  

• Upvote 5
  • WTF 1
  • Haha 12
  • I Agree 9

On 1/18/2022 at 5:48 PM, FaithAndReason said:

How can NONE of those boys be married? It's just astounding.

Dear Lord, please, before I die, let one of the Arndt boys write a book about the extreme disfunction taking place at Arndtville. Because I must know.

Amen. 

And not just being unmarried, but absolutely no hints of it on the horizon, meaning girlfriends.

And count me in on wanting to know just what sort of dysfunction going on, er, voodoo Rick and Cathy are practicing to keep all of those adult kids "safe at home".   

Seriously, there's got to be some extreme levels of what I don't know (enmeshment? fear? obligatio?  guilt?)  to keep this many fully functional adults this tied to their parents.   Even my 2  overly enmeshed siblings finally found the means to break away but seeing 14 of them still at home like this?  I can imagine the levels of whatever is going on. 

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 5

2 hours ago, nokidsmom said:

And not just being unmarried, but absolutely no hints of it on the horizon, meaning girlfriends.

And count me in on wanting to know just what sort of dysfunction going on, er, voodoo Rick and Cathy are practicing to keep all of those adult kids "safe at home".   

Seriously, there's got to be some extreme levels of what I don't know (enmeshment? fear? obligatio?  guilt?)  to keep this many fully functional adults this tied to their parents.   Even my 2  overly enmeshed siblings finally found the means to break away but seeing 14 of them still at home like this?  I can imagine the levels of whatever is going on. 

We did see one small hint awhile back. They were having “church” in their living room and Luke was sitting very close on a loveseat with a young lady. They sat together like they were a couple. Of course we’ve never seen anything else. But I wouldn’t be surprised if they were dating. 

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

We did see one small hint awhile back. They were having “church” in their living room and Luke was sitting very close on a loveseat with a young lady. They sat together like they were a couple. Of course we’ve never seen anything else. But I wouldn’t be surprised if they were dating. 

I remember that, so there might be some glimmer of hope there.

Possible that there's more going on behind the scenes than we know.   But it's just so weird that adult men, some of whom are well into their 30s, seem to be willing to do this "safe at home" thing.   When I graduated college I had a plan to be completely out of my parents' home by 25 even if it meant living in my car and no way did I want to still be there when I was 30.  

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 2

23 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

That was over a year ago now (I remember because it was part of my 2021 fundie predictions that nothing would come of it) so I doubt there will be wedding bells ringing.

• Upvote 4

• nelliebelle1197 changed the title to Safe At Home 6: PIGS ARE FLYING! Luke is Engaged!
  • Coconut Flan locked this topic