IGNORED

Safe At Home 6: PIGS ARE FLYING! Luke is Engaged!

nelliebelle1197

2 minutes ago, gustava said:

Looks as if she's chained to him!

I know, right? It looks like a leash.

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 1

Interesting that in June of last year, she attended the School of Supernatural Ministry which is run by Bethel and teaches prophecy and faith healing and that charismatic "gifts of the Spirit" stuff. She seems very deep into it. That's the same place the Mortons were about to send Sitara before she died.

We know Rick went off the deep end with all his over-the-internet faith healing and magical oil anointing. It seems like the sons have not veered far off that path, at least the older sons. 

Edited to add that she used to be Catholic and left to join this more radical christian movement, which is exactly the path of the Ardnts. 

Edited by usedbicycle
  • Upvote 2
  • Thank You 6

21 minutes ago, usedbicycle said:

Edited to add that she used to be Catholic and left to join this more radical christian movement, which is exactly the path of the Ardnts. 

Well, that's actually encouraging. Quite possibly Rick would permit the marriage as long as they kept to their vows of celibacy.

• Haha 10

Her name is Catherine (like ma Arndt), she used to be Catholic, she has some little white shorts, and now she’s bought in the Arndt brand of fundie. She’s basically perfect for an Arndt son. If she’s not good enough for Rick and Cathy, no one will ever be good enough. 

• Upvote 19
  • Haha 1
  • I Agree 2
  • Thank You 1

On 3/20/2022 at 5:10 PM, Red Hair, Black Dress said:

I hold a tiny spark of hope Luke will marry his girlfriend and they will move far away from the mothership.

However I remind myself that having a girlfriend does not equal getting married and having a wife.  

I can see Rick pitching a freaking fit about a marriage and only agreeing if Luke and Catherine agree to live in the mothership after the wedding., and Luke continues to help support the family.

So many questions about how that would would work, Would Catherine become a new character in Vine Valley?  Would she have to wear white short shorts and her hair in 2 braids?  Would they have to sleep in bunk beds?  

Maybe she would have to room with Mary Elizabeth. If the boys share rooms, the girls have to too lol.

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 2

On 3/20/2022 at 4:29 PM, Anne Of Gray Gables said:

You can access her FB page through Jude. They are a couple for sure.

I don't think so, friends on FB doesn't necessarily mean girlfriend...her posts post-Valentine's Day seem to convey "breakup" to meScreenshot_20220322-082344_Chrome.jpg.5d03d59b996ade8b0e34c96ab885dea7.jpgScreenshot_20220322-082422_Chrome.jpg.de204447e7a5ae18ebefb1b3102d4a61.jpg

Edited by wolfi_fox
  • Confused 1

3 minutes ago, wolfi_fox said:

I don't think so, friends on FB doesn't necessarily mean girlfriend...

But they say I Love You a lot. And they hang all over each other. And commenters say things like, “such a cute couple.” 

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

But they say I Love You a lot. And they hang all over each other. And commenters say things like, “such a cute couple.” 

I think that's just how ALL extreme faith people talk.

• Downvote 1
  • Confused 1
  • WTF 1

4 minutes ago, wolfi_fox said:

I think that's just how ALL extreme faith people talk.

Do all of them hang all over each other? That’s usually a big no no with fundies unless you’re in a relationship. 
This woman seems to be good friends with them because she’s in multiple pictures and she says this under a post Catherine made about Luke:

3FD9B7A9-900D-4C30-A0CB-DC30C81D3969.jpeg

Edited by JermajestyDuggar
  • Upvote 5
  • Thank You 2

2 hours ago, wolfi_fox said:

I don't think so, friends on FB doesn't necessarily mean girlfriend...her posts post-Valentine's Day seem to convey "breakup" to meScreenshot_20220322-082344_Chrome.jpg.5d03d59b996ade8b0e34c96ab885dea7.jpgScreenshot_20220322-082422_Chrome.jpg.de204447e7a5ae18ebefb1b3102d4a61.jpg

I don't see how you get "breakup" from that.

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 6

1 hour ago, Queen Of Hearts said:

I don't see how you get "breakup" from that.

Agree. It's the usual Arndt-style Biblical gobbledygook meme. 

She seems perfect for the Arndts. Whether she's perfect for Luke, or whether he's perfect for her is probably immaterial. 

• Upvote 6

She may be cray cray, but credit where credit is due: Her crazy is Arndt appropriate and she's suuuuper attractive.

• Upvote 4
  • Rufus Bless 1

8 hours ago, CaptainFunderpants said:

She may be cray cray, but credit where credit is due: Her crazy is Arndt appropriate and she's suuuuper attractive.

and 

On 3/22/2022 at 12:33 PM, Anne Of Gray Gables said:

She seems perfect for the Arndts. Whether she's perfect for Luke, or whether he's perfect for her is probably immaterial. 

Shorts.  She can rock white shorts.  So there's that. 

How old is Luke? 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Howl said:

and 

Shorts.  She can rock white shorts.  So there's that. 

How old is Luke? 

I believe he's now 37.

• Upvote 2

6 hours ago, 0 kids n not countin said:

I believe he's now 37

Is he waiting until age 40 to pop the question?  

• Upvote 1
  • Move Along 1
  • Haha 4

2 hours ago, Howl said:

Is he waiting until age 40 to pop the question?  

Maybe waiting a bit....... just to be on the safe side?

• Upvote 2
  • Move Along 1
  • Haha 4

12 hours ago, gustava said:

Wonder if Luke has ever had real sex with a real woman.

As opposed to sex with a penguin? 

• Upvote 1
  • Rufus Bless 2
  • WTF 1
  • Haha 8

Underneath the cute facade, these people are as dangerous and harmful as any other fundies. 

How old is Ms. Cox?

These days Catholics are encouraged to have "longer" dating periods, to avoid divorce and so the church doesn't have to issue more annulments. I would imagine Arndt kids would be encouraged to date longer in hopes that divorce becomes less likely. Obviously these people have issues with their kids getting married so probably they want to put off the marriage for as long as possible. 

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Bluebirdbluebell said:

Underneath the cute facade, these people are as dangerous and harmful as any other fundies. 

Exactly this.  The Botkin lad that married this past fall? The new wifey is at least as far down the reich-wing rabbit hole as he is, maybe deeper.  Nattie Darnell -- ditto with his new spouse. 

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 3

2 hours ago, Howl said:

reich-wing rabbit hole

OK if I borrow this phrase...at least until I get sent to FB jail for using it????

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 2

3 hours ago, gustava said:

OK if I borrow this phrase...at least until I get sent to FB jail for using it????

I'm honored!  

• Upvote 3

On 3/30/2022 at 6:22 AM, Howl said:

Exactly this.  The Botkin lad that married this past fall? The new wifey is at least as far down the reich-wing rabbit hole as he is, maybe deeper.  Nattie Darnell -- ditto with his new spouse. 

I just had the worst image pop into my head when I saw the phrase "down the rabbit-hole" in this Arndt topic 🤢🤮 

• Confused 1

• nelliebelle1197 changed the title to Safe At Home 6: PIGS ARE FLYING! Luke is Engaged!
  • Coconut Flan locked this topic