IGNORED

Safe At Home 6: PIGS ARE FLYING! Luke is Engaged!

nelliebelle1197

5 minutes ago, ContrastingButtons said:

Where does Luke fall in the order?  Will all the man boys be best men?  Will they live on the property?  So many questions!

Penguins are flying!!! 

Number 4. He’s 37. 

• Upvote 5
  • Thank You 13

From Paul's Facebook:

My brother Luke Arndt is officially engaged!!! It happened last night perfectly at sunset on a cliff surrounded by hiding Arndts with cameras and Mary-Elizabeth Arndt waiting in the wings with flowers. We hiked up a long, steep trail with way too much equipment so we'd be ready for their arrival and it was worth every step. Afterwards, we all celebrated at Arndt headquarters at my parents' house. It's a day that we'll never forget! Welcome to the family, Catherine Cox ! 💙

Well, I'm happy for Luke, I hope they move off the compound. Do we know how old she is? Hopefully 14+ kids isn't a possibility for them!!

• Upvote 13
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 14

image.thumb.jpeg.f876e284fdf11c4b2b4e85eb76ae6ee9.jpeg

Holy shit! I’ve been on vacation, roaming around a handful of national parks in Utah and Arizona with spotty WiFi and come back to THIS! 

Actually, I’m kind of glad I didn’t see this yesterday. I might have fallen into the Grand Canyon in shock.

Oh god. Her name is Catherine? Of course it is… 😳😂

Edited by AnywhereButHere
  • Upvote 4
  • Haha 37

Mary-Elizabeth's comment:

That was one of the most emotional things to be a part of, getting everything secretly set up and then watching these two bubbling over with joy and tears and then us popping out with cameras and lots of hugs! I woke up still sore from that hike with all of that equipment 😂 every step was ABSOLUTELY worth it though for Catherine Cox and Luke Arndt! ❤️

• Upvote 3
  • Thank You 15

You are truly one-of-a-kind. Strong, yet feminine. Brave, yet humble. Innocent, yet sharp. Playful, yet deeply rooted.

Well yeah, but what about the important questions? Is she attractive, but not too attractive? Was she interested in him, but not too interested? How did she manage to slip between those incredibly narrow lines?

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 27

9 minutes ago, AnywhereButHere said:

Holy shit! I’ve been on vacation, roaming around a handful of national parks in Utah and Arizona with spotty WiFi and come back to THIS! 

Actually, I’m kind of glad I didn’t see this yesterday. I might have fallen into the Grand Canyon in shock.

Oh god. Her name is Catherine? Of course it is… 😳😂

All of his 12 brothers will have to find their own Catherines like mom. Luke’s is Catie, another will be Cat, then Cate, then Cath, then Kitty, then Catherine full name, then Rinie, then Katrina, then Katrin, then KitKat, then Kit, then Kitten, and finally, Cathy 12. 

• Upvote 2
  • WTF 1
  • Haha 30

4 minutes ago, fundiewatch said:

Sarah Maxwell and now this. 

Yes, this year will certainly go down in Free Jinger history, one for the books!!

Edited by 0 kids n not countin
  • Upvote 9
  • Haha 1
  • I Agree 15

1 hour ago, ContrastingButtons said:

Where does Luke fall in the order?  Will all the man boys be best men?  Will they live on the property?  So many questions!

Penguins are flying!!! 

So many questions, indeed!  Does she wear white shorts? Frosted lipstick?  Does she like legos and penguins?  What baseball position does she play?  

• Upvote 5
  • Haha 9
  • I Agree 1

Those flying pigs are getting quite a workout this year, what with Sarah Maxwell and now an Arndt taking the plunge! It’s time to start taking odds on Jana Duggar and some of the other perennial unmarried.

Hoping that now one of the man boys has found a bride, some of the others will follow. 

• Upvote 20
  • I Agree 2

I hope this opens the floodgates to other brothers realizing they can be married! 

May Luke and Catie move off the compound and have at least a somewhat independent life. 

Luke sounds enamored! 

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 9

So does Cathy still get to put her hand on Luke's belly on his birthday? Or is that Catie's job now?

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 18

3 minutes ago, Antipatriarch said:

So does Cathy still get to put her hand on Luke's belly on his birthday? Or is that Catie's job now?

Cathy’s hand has already been replaced. 

8722BF34-D696-4D2D-8594-90C615E1B23C.jpeg

• Upvote 5
  • Haha 26
  • Thank You 6

Okay, I mentioned in the weddings thread that I was pretty sure I knew the trail they were on. So I went back through my camera roll to see if I had a pic of myself in the same spot -- and I do, although it's a different, easier trail in the area than what I originally thought. And I took it *one year ago yesterday*?! I guess I left some good luck there!

Attached-- non-face-showing pic of the area right around the bend past the lookout, imagine the whole family crouching in wait!

20211017_171818.jpg

• Upvote 8
  • Thank You 6

Her smile is just that little bit forced...it must be quite overwhelming to have a dozen excited arndts pop out the bushes, whooping and hollering.

Ambushed!!

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 8
  • I Agree 5

1 hour ago, fundiewatch said:

Sarah Maxwell and now this. 

I know, right?  All the years of thinking surely something, anything has finally happened in Arndtlandia and then KABOOM!  the engagement of an Arndt kidult to an actual woman. Out of nowhere.  

And this thread isn't even HOT yet!  I mean, what the actual heck? 

Edited by Howl
  • Upvote 1
  • Haha 13

20 minutes ago, Sops2 said:

Her smile is just that little bit forced...it must be quite overwhelming to have a dozen excited arndts pop out the bushes, whooping and hollering.

Ambushed!!

Arndtbushed.

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 33

OMG. OMG, y'all! An Arndt! AN ARNDT!!😲

Shucks, folks, I'm speechless. 

• Upvote 11
  • I Agree 2

Well, this just occurred to me.  Based on the interview, the brothers have a LOT of requirements for a perspective bride.  One thing that was NOT mentioned is that the perspective bride be a virgin -- I'm sure previous sexual experience or even widowhood would be a huge deal breaker. So as the brothers grow older in tandem, the pool of virginal women in their age range grows smaller...and smaller...unless a woman will consider a much older virginal Arndt man. 

• Upvote 8

• nelliebelle1197 changed the title to Safe At Home 6: PIGS ARE FLYING! Luke is Engaged!
  • Coconut Flan locked this topic