IGNORED

Bontrager/Bowers 8: Cringeworthy

samurai_sarah

Daddy Helferich sounds like he's trying to hold back an orgasm. 

I find him very disturbing on whole new levels. 

• Disgust 1
  • Rufus Bless 2
  • WTF 6
  • Haha 7

1 minute ago, Triplet3 said:

Well, Daddy Helferich isn't disappointing my extremely low expectations. Wow, I would have been so upset if my dad had talked about smelly feet, spanking or biblical wifely submission in my wedding service (or indeed at the reception, when it's much more normal for speeches to take place in the UK - the only 'speech' that takes place during the service is the address by the priest/celebrant).

I assure you, outside fundie circles, most Dads do not become temporary preachers at their kids' weddings in the U.S. either!  

• Upvote 12
  • I Agree 3
  • Thank You 1

Just now, MomJeans said:

I assure you, outside fundie circles, most Dads do not become temporary preachers at their kids' weddings in the U.S. either!  

Yeah I've been to weddings in churches of many denominations. I have never seen either the bride's or groom's daddy play preacher at a single one. 

Fun speeches at a reception, yea. Making themselves feel important by "preaching" to a captive audience, no. 

Oh, and here we are....the Covid whining. 

• Upvote 14
  • Angry 1
  • Eyeroll 2

Just now, DrPusey said:

Aaannndddd now we see if Marlin can top that.

Well, he's already on the subject of being anti-covid restrictions, so I don't think it'll take him long...

• Upvote 10
  • Disgust 2
  • Eyeroll 1
  • WTF 1

Just now, MomJeans said:

oh god, why does Marlin always quote the dictionary?

He thinks it makes him look smart to all those forced to listen to him.

• Upvote 9
  • Haha 6

Why the anecdote about John Adams? It's not actually that interesting, and you could have named plenty of people who lived in the 19th century, so why Adams?

• Upvote 5

Oh god his persecution complex. How fucking disturbing. He would have his kid pretend to arrest him? Wtf?

• Upvote 7
  • WTF 9

What the heck? (The persecution story, and how Marlin would then be handcuffed).

I will say, Marlin has so many memories of Denver.  So there is quite a difference from Allison's wedding, when all we heard was that she praised her dad and wrote him notes.

• Upvote 11
  • Sad 1
  • Eyeroll 1

Just now, MomJeans said:

What the heck? (The persecution story, and how Marlin would then be handcuffed).

I will say, Marlin has so many memories of Denver.  So there is quite a difference from Allison's wedding, when all we heard was that she praised her dad and wrote him notes.

I’m sure he’s much closer to his sons than daughters. 

• Upvote 13
  • I Agree 1

Just now, SPHASH said:

I thought the wedding was 3 pm central time!  I log in and see it has started.

See if you can rewind. 

2 minutes ago, MomJeans said:

His speech is miles better from this one point of view. More Denver and less of the other stuff

Edited by seraaa
  • Upvote 5

Just now, SPHASH said:

I thought the wedding was 3 pm central time!  I log in and see it has started.

I'm so sorry, I didn't realize the website adjusted by time zone.  

• Thank You 2

I just got on my knees and thanked Zeus for not putting me in the Bontrager family.

I really don't even know what words to use - that coyote story? Marlin needed to be the manliest man and get the 3rd coyote and lo, he "popped" him one. 

• Upvote 8
  • Sad 2
  • WTF 1
  • I Agree 2

• nelliebelle1197 locked this topic