IGNORED

Bontrager/Bowers 8: Cringeworthy

Queen Of Hearts
4 hours ago, MomJeans said:

I will actually be kind of relieved to see Allison.  She may just be taking a social media break, but I'm a bit concerned for her. I assume she has to be going. 

If she ends up not being there I think a lot of us are going to be extra concerned.  Or if she shows up looking 8-9 months pregnant. ;) (Wishful thinking only because I would love to see the spin these hypocrite families would put on such a scenario).

• Upvote 4
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Love 1
  • Replies 605
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JermajestyDuggar

• fundiefan

• Melissa1977

• Bluebirdbluebell

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I've created an agenda of manly topics for the lads to discuss at the conference:  8:00- 9:00 Prayer, specifically how to word your prayers to remind your wife of her wifely duties. 9:00 - 9

I put in my AirPods because I’m too embarrassed to tell my husband I’m watching some random fundie’s livestream wedding. He knows I keep up with fundamentalist happenings and the Duggars, but he doesn

I'm picturing a weekend full of these:

Posted Images

JermajestyDuggar
46 minutes ago, Queen Of Hearts said:

If she ends up not being there I think a lot of us are going to be extra concerned.  Or if she shows up looking 8-9 months pregnant. ;) (Wishful thinking only because I would love to see the spin these hypocrite families would put on such a scenario).

Allison is in the wedding party so she will be there. Here is a list of them:

6DCBDEA5-A564-4B6E-B18E-3521BAAC2F90.jpeg

• Upvote 5
  • Thank You 8
TheGleeTeam

I'm surprised the Bontragers haven't posted anything about the livestream link for the wedding on their blog. I looked back and they posted 5 days before Allison's wedding with the livestream link as a reminder. They announced Denver and Praise's engagement on the blog but haven't posted anything about the wedding that I've seen.

It's also interesting that this wedding this weekend will be in Iowa, where the Bontragers live, since I think it's more common to have the wedding where the bride lives/is from. 

Weather.com says Saturday in Washington, IA will be sunny with a high of 51F. Other parts of the Midwest can easily have snowstorms in mid-March so they're lucky (sorry, I mean God provided for them). My wedding was in early April in the Midwest and it snowed two days before, messing with some flights of incoming guests!

• Upvote 10
  • Love 1
MomJeans
39 minutes ago, TheGleeTeam said:

I'm surprised the Bontragers haven't posted anything about the livestream link for the wedding on their blog. I looked back and they posted 5 days before Allison's wedding with the livestream link as a reminder. They announced Denver and Praise's engagement on the blog but haven't posted anything about the wedding that I've seen.

It's also interesting that this wedding this weekend will be in Iowa, where the Bontragers live, since I think it's more common to have the wedding where the bride lives/is from. 

It's on their instagram, but it doesn't explain it's for the wedding. (I actually just guessed the Church would provide the link if they were getting married in Iowa, so I just went straight to the church's website and found the link, then later saw it on the Bont 'gram.)  

Yes, I too assumed it would be at the Bride's home church, so I was surprised I found the wedding link so easily.  But maybe covid restrictions? Iowa is pretty relaxed, I think Minnesota may still require face coverings (as all states should!) 

Edited by MomJeans
  • Upvote 5
  • Thank You 6
ophelia
10 hours ago, SPHASH said:

Got my timer set and my rum set aside.  Taking a shot every time I hear plandemic, references to LGBTQ, vaccines, divorce, and cancel culture.

I would join you in a hearbeat, but this pregnancy thing is kind of in the way.

Anyway - I'm trying to get my boyfriend out of the house so I can watch the whole drama.

• Upvote 5
  • Haha 9
  • Love 3
JermajestyDuggar
5 hours ago, ophelia said:

I would join you in a hearbeat, but this pregnancy thing is kind of in the way.

Anyway - I'm trying to get my boyfriend out of the house so I can watch the whole drama.

I put in my AirPods because I’m too embarrassed to tell my husband I’m watching some random fundie’s livestream wedding. He knows I keep up with fundamentalist happenings and the Duggars, but he doesn’t quite know how many fundies I follow pretty closely. 

• Upvote 12
  • Rufus Bless 3
  • Haha 15
  • I Agree 2
  • Love 9
ophelia

So there is one unmarried Helferich daughter left - maybe they'll marry her off to the next Bontrager boy,

• Upvote 14
  • Love 1
JermajestyDuggar
8 minutes ago, ophelia said:

So there is one unmarried Helferich daughter left - maybe they'll marry her off to the next Bontrager boy,

They could. I think she’s around 20 or so. And the Lincoln Taylor is 19.

• Upvote 9
fundiefan
10 hours ago, MomJeans said:

It's on their instagram, but it doesn't explain it's for the wedding. (I actually just guessed the Church would provide the link if they were getting married in Iowa, so I just went straight to the church's website and found the link, then later saw it on the Bont 'gram.)  

Yes, I too assumed it would be at the Bride's home church, so I was surprised I found the wedding link so easily.  But maybe covid restrictions? Iowa is pretty relaxed, I think Minnesota may still require face coverings (as all states should!) 

Iowa has zero restrictions anymore. Minnesota still has plenty. If they'd married in Minnesota, the ebil gubment would have infringed upon their right to have a super spreader event without any care or concern for anyone's health. In Iowa, it's a free for all, so they can do what they want, dammit!

• Upvote 12
  • Angry 1
  • Thank You 4
  • Love 1
HereticHick
1 hour ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

They could. I think she’s around 20 or so. And the Lincoln Taylor is 19.

Isn't Lincoln  Taylor the one with all the sweet Bible Bee winnings?

Edited by HereticHick
not enough coffee this AM
  • Upvote 5
JermajestyDuggar
Just now, HereticHick said:

Is Lincoln the one will all the sweet Bible Bee winnings?

Yes. He won the most I think. Denver and Josh won some. But I don’t think they won as much as Lincoln Taylor. 

• Upvote 4
  • Thank You 2
petrushka
On 3/18/2021 at 12:35 PM, MomJeans said:

Here it is:  https://marionavenuebaptist.com/livestream

ETA (because my 3 year old knocked over my computer):  scroll down on the link above, it's listed for March 20, at 3pm (Iowa is Central U.S. time)

Thanks so much for posting this!  Due to a previous commitment, I'm probably going to miss this, so I'm counting on FJ for some solid recaps.  Maybe the church will put it in their archives.

• Upvote 6
JermajestyDuggar

Just hanging out in the woods and some creeper behind a tree is taking pictures of us. I love awkward engagement pics. 

5234D0B8-7296-4920-AC71-1F525FE44617.jpeg

• Upvote 2
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Haha 14
justmy2cents

Shoot, pay attention to my daughter playing Lacrosse or watch this . I’m torn. 😂

I’ll be reading here so please post in detail. 

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 4
  • Love 1
SassyPants
On 3/19/2021 at 4:48 AM, JermajestyDuggar said:

I put in my AirPods because I’m too embarrassed to tell my husband I’m watching some random fundie’s livestream wedding. He knows I keep up with fundamentalist happenings and the Duggars, but he doesn’t quite know how many fundies I follow pretty closely. 

I try to speak in code when I’m talking to my family members about something a fundie has said or done. I act as if these folks are friends of friends. My adult kids sort of know, and they sometimes give me a hard time. I have tried to explain that my following is all in the interest of America and knowing how the other side of the aisle thinks and votes! It’s called being informed, 😂 

• Upvote 11
  • Haha 9
  • I Agree 2
  • Love 2
Black Aliss
1 hour ago, justmy2cents said:

Shoot, pay attention to my daughter playing Lacrosse or watch this . I’m torn. 😂

I’ll be reading here so please post in detail. 

The window of opportunity to watch your daughter play Lacrosse is very small, although it may not feel that way right now. OTOH, there will be fundie weddings to watch for now and all eternity.

Edited by Black Aliss
  • Upvote 6
  • I Agree 8
Giraffe
2 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Just hanging out in the woods and some creeper behind a tree is taking pictures of us. I love awkward engagement pics. 

5234D0B8-7296-4920-AC71-1F525FE44617.jpeg

Imo this style always wins most cringeworthy. 

• Upvote 4
justmy2cents
23 minutes ago, Black Aliss said:

The window of opportunity to watch your daughter play Lacrosse is very small, although it may not feel that way right now. OTOH, there will be fundie weddings to watch for now and all eternity.

For sure. She’s so excited after missing last season. There’s always a fundy wedding around the corner.

• Upvote 4
  • Love 3
Caroline

I think your daughter's lacrosse game is guaranteed to be more exciting than another Bontrager wedding/political diatribe.  Have fun!

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 5
  • I Agree 4
Sops2

The church livestream seems to adjust for the time zone you are in, so it's telling me 7pm.

That suits me just fine, I can sit on the sofa, with my earphones on my tablet while Mr Sops2 watches the golf/ rugby/football on tv, completely oblivious to my fundie peccadillo which I have never revealed to him. He would have no idea what I was talking about anyway.

• Upvote 9
Smash!

I’m inclined to watch as well but it’s dinner time so I would have a hard time to explain this to boyfriend. He knows that I’m spending some time here on FJ but he actually only knows about the politics forum 🤣

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 8
JermajestyDuggar
Just now, Sops2 said:

And we're off!

What awful music

I already see John Maxwell is an usher.

John and Abbie Duggar are there.

• Upvote 10
  • Thank You 3
MomJeans

Planes & and OfPlanes are right in front of the camera.  Looking for more Duggars

• Upvote 7
  • Haha 12
  • nelliebelle1197 locked this topic