IGNORED

Bontrager/Bowers 8: Cringeworthy

samurai_sarah

6 hours ago, Ozlsn said:

Nothing says "living in your own space" quite like changing nothing in decor from before you moved in. They undoubtedly have their own bedroom, but I'm dubious about the rest. 

I agree, also, when you look at the picture, there is an additional glass in the front, so whoever took the picture was having dinner with them. And I suspect it's the Helferich parents. If Allison had company she would have mentioned some "Fellowshipping blessing" nonsense

• Upvote 8

8 hours ago, hollyandivy said:

I agree, also, when you look at the picture, there is an additional glass in the front, so whoever took the picture was having dinner with them. And I suspect it's the Helferich parents. If Allison had company she would have mentioned some "Fellowshipping blessing" nonsense

I'm still going with the idea that they just have a bedroom and sitting space in this house, or they are in a tiny trailer on the property, and  have either a tiny kitchen/dining area, or none at all.

• Upvote 12
  • I Agree 2

Allison posted pictures of Praise’s bachelorette party. It looks like Allison may have hosted. If that’s true, then Allison has painted. But I’m unsure. Maybe others could look and see if it’s the same house. It’s on her Instagram stories.

• Upvote 8

7 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Allison posted pictures of Praise’s bachelorette party. It looks like Allison may have hosted. If that’s true, then Allison has painted. But I’m unsure. Maybe others could look and see if it’s the same house. It’s on her Instagram stories.

Very different dining room chairs.

• Thank You 3

19 minutes ago, HereticHick said:

Very different dining room chairs.

Ok, then it must not be their house. Maybe it’s one of his other sisters.

I have to add, as usual the food looks delicious. The Bontragers are just horrible for the most part. But I would NEVER turn down a Bontrager meal ?

Edited by JermajestyDuggar
  • Upvote 18
  • I Agree 5

This photo is from wayback- Allison's bachelorette at the Helferich  farm. Looks like a separate building to the main house and definitely on the farm.It doesn't appear on Earthview though so must be quite new.I've always wondered if they are living here. Allison's pregnancy photo in a bedroom with narrow door trims makes it unlikely to be the Helferichs old fashioned farmhouse.

Screenshot_20210309-164322_Samsung Internet.jpg

• Thank You 6

6 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

But I would NEVER turn down a Bontrager meal ?

Neither would I  but I'd need it to be either take out, curb side delivery or at the very least I'd need a steady supply of wine should Marlin feel the need to speak.

Edited by browngrl
correcting auto correct
  • Upvote 8
  • Haha 1
  • I Agree 14
  • Love 2

5 minutes ago, browngrl said:

Neither would I  but I'd need it to be either take out, curb side delivery or at the very least I'd need a steady supply of wine should Marlin feel the need to speak.

I’d put in my AirPods and wear my hair down to cover my ears. All while listening to some heathen music. 

• Upvote 6
  • Haha 11

On 3/7/2021 at 2:04 AM, Ozlsn said:

Nothing says "living in your own space" quite like changing nothing in decor from before you moved in. They undoubtedly have their own bedroom, but I'm dubious about the rest. 

It is also really interesting that Allison didn't change anything. For instance, if it was me I probably wouldn't have because I am not interesting in decorating at all. However, Allison spends more time decorating her table on a Tuesday then I spent decorating the head table at my wedding. 

• Upvote 15
  • I Agree 2

10 hours ago, ElizaB said:

It is also really interesting that Allison didn't change anything. For instance, if it was me I probably wouldn't have because I am not interesting in decorating at all.

Yes, this is surprising. The last time we saw Alison choose things to her own taste is her wedding. I suspect she got some housewares as wedding gifts but in the pictures she posts she is using stuff (eg the duck glasses) that seem very likely to belong to her in laws. I can speculate various reasons for this but regardless it brings me to an odd place: thinking that the Maxwell's prepared their sons better for a wife than some fundies. At least Chelsy and the younger Maxwell DIL's all seem to have a space to call their own. 

On a personal note: I too have little interest in decorating. I like a nicely decorated place but I can't be bothered to do the work. This is why my house is so sparse. I call it a minimalist style but it is really laziness.

• Upvote 14
  • Love 1

59 minutes ago, browngrl said:

Yes, this is surprising. The last time we saw Alison choose things to her own taste is her wedding. I suspect she got some housewares as wedding gifts but in the pictures she posts she is using stuff (eg the duck glasses) that seem very likely to belong to her in laws. I can speculate various reasons for this but regardless it brings me to an odd place: thinking that the Maxwell's prepared their sons better for a wife than some fundies. At least Chelsy and the younger Maxwell DIL's all seem to have a space to call their own. 

On a personal note: I too have little interest in decorating. I like a nicely decorated place but I can't be bothered to do the work. This is why my house is so sparse. I call it a minimalist style but it is really laziness.

One of my closest friends works as an interior designer and I don’t even bother asking her opinion on things. I just like what I like and that’s that. I have no particular style. I am not a big shopper. So a lot of my “Knick knacks” were gifts. I like them because they remind me of the person who gave it to me. My walls are mostly covered in family pictures. Not beautiful artwork. 

• Upvote 13

On 3/9/2021 at 8:33 AM, JermajestyDuggar said:

Ok, then it must not be their house. Maybe it’s one of his other sisters.

I have to add, as usual the food looks delicious. The Bontragers are just horrible for the most part. But I would NEVER turn down a Bontrager meal ?

I wouldn’t turn down their food either. I would even stay their for dinner. Sadly they would never invite me again. I’m an atheist jew that grew up in a jewish christian home. Thanks for arguing with fundies and other Christians with horrible beliefs I have a lot of biblical knowledge. 

• Upvote 8

I wouldn't stay for their food. I am not a shabby cook. I have friends and family that know how to put a meal together as well. 

Basically, for fundies, they may seem to do well with food. But, good food can be, and is, everywhere and I wouldn't bother with their ugliness in exchange for a meal I could easily get elsewhere. 

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 1

10 hours ago, browngrl said:

I can't think of any fundies that are this level of fundie who prepare their sons better than the Maxwells. Any fundies, who do a better job, are probably fundie-lite. 

• Upvote 8

5 hours ago, fundiefan said:

I wouldn't stay for their food. I am not a shabby cook. I have friends and family that know how to put a meal together as well. 

Basically, for fundies, they may seem to do well with food. But, good food can be, and is, everywhere and I wouldn't bother with their ugliness in exchange for a meal I could easily get elsewhere. 

Food is not a thing I appreciate that much.  I eat it because I have to, but I've never wanted to learn to cook and I'm kind of picky for an adult.   Food (especially if offered by Fundies) does not entice me.  I'm one of those people who hopes that we don't get invited to someone's house for dinner.  I'm that picky.  Not anti-social, just picky.  

Oddly, my husband has me watching the CNN series about Stanley Tucci visiting Italy and eating everything in sight. I love it!  I don't want to eat any of it, but I love the show :)

• Upvote 7

The thread's pretty quiet for the week before Bontrager/Helferich wedding #2. Did we ever figure out if this one is getting the same live stream treatment that Allison/Jeremiah had?

• Upvote 8

28 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I have this sinking feeling it will be an exact replica of the wedding last august ?

Please, let it be so! 

I want to see how similar it is to the first uniting of their special bloodlines and what is different given the male/female parent has switched around. 

I have so many questions and self important daddy dialog is the only way I'll get answers!

• Upvote 7
  • Haha 9

I'm obviously interested because I assume it will be like Allison's, with lots of "Trump! Fake Flu! Heathens!" and very little "We're here today to celebrate our wonderful children whom we love."

I too am very much looking forward to observing any differences now that the genders are reversed.

I will actually be kind of relieved to see Allison.  She may just be taking a social media break, but I'm a bit concerned for her. I assume she has to be going. 

• Upvote 10

Got my timer set and my rum set aside.  Taking a shot every time I hear plandemic, references to LGBTQ, vaccines, divorce, and cancel culture.

• Upvote 6
  • Rufus Bless 5
  • Haha 4

12 minutes ago, SPHASH said:

Got my timer set and my rum set aside.  Taking a shot every time I hear plandemic, references to LGBTQ, vaccines, divorce, and cancel culture.

How many bottles do you have? ;0 

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 11
  • I Agree 1

16 minutes ago, SPHASH said:

Bonus shots if they talk about the bride or groom dragging someone into a church by their hair, or any other fun stories of abuse in the name of their god self righteousness. 

• Upvote 12

I'm "looking forward" to Hudson being mentioned as praying for a "little godly wife" from the age of 4. It is NOT a new story and will quickly stop being cute, if it ever were.

• Upvote 12
  • I Agree 3

2 hours ago, hollyandivy said:

How many bottles do you have? ;0 

Down to my last Appleton:

20210318_172416.jpg

• Upvote 3
  • Rufus Bless 4

• nelliebelle1197 locked this topic