IGNORED

Bontrager/Bowers 8: Cringeworthy

samurai_sarah

I just want to say that I wish people would stop talking about obesity and weight and get back to the fact that Marlin is a controlling jerk hosting dangerous events in a pandemic. Weight/health stuff is triggering for me and many others and no matter how kind you may think you’re being towards us poor unfortunate fat people you’re probably not. Everyone’s story is different. It’s never, ever so simple as just not eating processed foods. It’s an entire society set up to directly benefit the giant agri corporations and to heck with the health of anyone. People aren’t the problem. Society is.

Now if you’ll excuse me I’m going to go drive a block to buy something that my stomach won’t immediately reject and yeah, many would probably scoff at how unhealthy I’m being but I’m having the kind of pain day that I wouldn’t wish on a single fundie we follow so yeah, I am going to concentrate on eating enough to coat the painkillers and to heck with anything I need to prepare.

• Upvote 15
  • I Agree 5
  • Thank You 1
  • Love 11

So...discussion of Praise's bridal ensemble? I did not like the bodice much; just looked like a heap of ruffles. I liked the diamante belt from what I could see of it. I did like the veil. 

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, DrPusey said:

So...discussion of Praise's bridal ensemble? I did not like the bodice much; just looked like a heap of ruffles. I liked the diamante belt from what I could see of it. I did like the veil. 

I vote just ok. I didn’t love it or hate it. The 4 Helferich sisters all had their blonde hair done the same at g THThe wedding so they all looked so much alike. It was kind of crazy. 

• Upvote 5

5 hours ago, Melissa1977 said:

Obesity rates have increased all over the world and the main reason is leaving traditional food and eating processed one. Plus walking less and less. I think obesity rates should scare all of us, not because some  individuals weight more than average (which is normal and healthy), but because whole countries or communities becoming "unnaturally" overweight. I say unnaturally because these are people who (in general) would weight less if eating traditionally or walking in a daily basis.

Of course, some overweight people is healthy and some thin people is not. But broadly speaking, processed food leads to health problems (and often, but not always, leads to obesity). Many junk eaters keep fine for years, but at their forties or fifties, healthy issues arise.

That's why people should be conscious of what they are eating, not about their weight. But it's usually the opposite: only when they get overweight, they change habits. Those who keep thin despite eating junk (like Alyssa B), are labeled as lucky people. I don't think she is lucky, because she or her daughters can develope health issues and realise it too late, just because they look slim.  

All good points! The USA also has additional problems: subsidizing corn production, leading to very cheap processed food; and lack of affordable, healthy food in many low-income and marginalized communities. This makes eating healthily a real challenge for many people, especially lower income and BIPOC people. (I'm Canadian and we have some similar issues, particularly in the North.)

I'm always amazed in the States: the veggies cost the same as here but the processed stuff is soooooooo cheap.

• Upvote 2

There is a new post up on the Bon blog. Bryn and Mitch are moving but it didn’t say where. I’m sure they are moving to a bigger place. Living in the motel with two young children is probably cramped. I doubt their apartment there is all that big.

The question now: will Denver and Praise move in there now?

Edited by JermajestyDuggar
  • Upvote 12

1 hour ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

There is a new post up on the Bon blog. Bryn and Mitch are moving but it didn’t say where. I’m sure they are moving to a bigger place. Living in the motel with two young children is probably cramped. I doubt their apartment there is all that big.

Someone asked in the comments. They moved about ten minutes from the farm.

• Upvote 3
  • Thank You 6

Someone mentioned on the Duggar thread that they think Liz and Carver Bowers will get into a relationship. I think it’s possible since the families are so close and they are similar in age. However I really hope there is never another Bowers/Bontrager wedding. The two families are already so intertwined that another match would make them even more intertwined. As we have seen in the Smortons, any kind of family split will be 10 times worse with all the intermarried couples. If anyone wants to divorce or do anything outside of the family norm, would be so much harder with all the intermarried couples. It’s also a way for the parents to keep more control over the grown adult children. So I would prefer Liz and Carver not get together.

• Upvote 12
  • I Agree 1

4 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I always assumed that the apartment at the motel was 2 bedrooms, 1 bath, max.

• Upvote 4

2 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

So I would prefer Liz and Carver not get together.

She deserves better!

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 1
  • I Agree 5

42 minutes ago, Melissa1977 said:

She deserves better!

I really hope the Bowers boys stay single for a long time. They seem to believe all of their dad’s crazy conspiracy bullshit. 

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 6

Well, the parents were praying for more Bowers/Bontragers matches. Marlin said so during Chelsy's wedding to John Maxwell. 

• Upvote 6

I'm still rooting for Liz and Joe. I know he's just another douche-y fundie guy but for some reason he has my sympathy.

Maybe since the tornado episode when I realized that he travels all alone in what looks like a horse trailer behind the main RV, following the Bontrager family around and probably not getting paid. What a shitty life for a musically talented, good-looking guy...

And Liz doesn't seem particularly fit for the Bontrager lifestyle. She never did well at the Bible bee and her singing voice is not great. She deserves to just be a teenager and go out and have fun. So does Joe. In my daydreams they quietly slip out during a performance, steal the RV and run away together...

• Upvote 12

54 minutes ago, Bluebirdbluebell said:

Well, the parents were praying for more Bowers/Bontragers matches. Marlin said so during Chelsy's wedding to John Maxwell. 

What a freaky thing to say during a wedding that doesn't involve Bowers. Marlin is such a freak.

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 9

47 minutes ago, usedbicycle said:

I'm still rooting for Liz and Joe. I know he's just another douche-y fundie guy but for some reason he has my sympathy.

Maybe since the tornado episode when I realized that he travels all alone in what looks like a horse trailer behind the main RV, following the Bontrager family around and probably not getting paid. What a shitty life for a musically talented, good-looking guy...

And Liz doesn't seem particularly fit for the Bontrager lifestyle. She never did well at the Bible bee and her singing voice is not great. She deserves to just be a teenager and go out and have fun. So does Joe. In my daydreams they quietly slip out during a performance, steal the RV and run away together...

I kind of feel sorry for Joe too. Plus he doesn’t have an insanely huge family. That’s always a plus. Then there are less chances for siblings from one family marrying siblings from another. I know his sister bethany is single but chances are, she wouldn’t pair up with one of the littler Bontrager boys. 

• Upvote 5

So I obviously know that the Bonts are anti mask/large events type of people. However, the picture of them in Aldi mask-less really made me pause. I guess because shopping in Aldi is something that I do this really hit home to me. 

• Upvote 10

51 minutes ago, ElizaB said:

So I obviously know that the Bonts are anti mask/large events type of people. However, the picture of them in Aldi mask-less really made me pause. I guess because shopping in Aldi is something that I do this really hit home to me. 

Iowa has no restrictions or mask mandates. Anywhere in Iowa, that's what you'll see - faces, not masks. 

This morning the latest GOP whining lawsuit in my state was ruled on and we have conservative asshole judges and the attempts for the governor to extended the latest mask mandate was struck down. It's a game they've been playing for a year. I think the counties/municipalities know the state will never have one lasting rule so they make their own. And the GOP morons at the state level can't do anything about it. Not all counties have mandates of their own, but within all counties, all municipalities also have their own ability to have mask requirements and all businesses are able to make their own rules. Basically, even though the state GOP has made a complete circus over it from day one, they can't force anyone to NOT require masks, on any level.

Personally, I have seen very, very few places that don't have their own mask requirements posted all over their entrance. Even gas stations. I live in a very conservative, uppity village/suburb. And I know it pisses off 99% of the residents, but the village does have a mask mandate in any indoor location. 

• Upvote 6
  • Disgust 1
  • Thank You 1

I’m surprised Josh didn’t post about being the best man in the wedding. He posted about alisons wedding. 

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 1

On 3/31/2021 at 1:45 PM, Lgirlrocks said:

I’m surprised Josh didn’t post about being the best man in the wedding. He posted about alisons wedding. 

He's too busy spreading conspiracy theories, planning the next insurrection,  and working on the next documentary with Daddy in law Bowers,  

• Upvote 9
  • Rufus Bless 1
  • I Agree 3

16 hours ago, SPHASH said:

He's too busy spreading conspiracy theories, planning the next insurrection,  and working on the next documentary with Daddy in law Bowers,  

And don't forget: there is a quiver to be filled.

More little soldiers for Jesus. ??

• Upvote 7

Let's hope he is too busy with FBI asking him questions about certain recent events.

• Upvote 17
  • I Agree 4
  • Love 2

3 hours ago, HereticHick said:

There are so few Bontrager maidens left at home that Liz is having to date both her her brothers and her dad:

image.thumb.png.e2e513e73e0dba9a3421373f60e6c44c.png

https://www.instagram.com/p/CNabecGHrP8/

2 boys and 2 girls left at home. Liz must have to date Lincoln Taylor and Rebs must have to date Hudson. 

• Upvote 4
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, VBOY9977 said:

Not that we know of. Last post was just 10 days ago. 

Yup. Becky said that there would be a picture dump of the Denver/Praise wedding on the blog soon.

• Upvote 3

• nelliebelle1197 locked this topic