IGNORED

LOLBible

thoughtful

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That picture is BIZARRE! At first I just saw Jesus and thought, "Oh, OK" but then I realized who everyone else was and I was like :? :o

What the fuck is Jefferson doing in that painting? He wasn't Christian, he was Deist. Washington, Lincoln, and Franklin weren't all that big on religion either. I'm also surprised John Quincy Adams is standing so far behind his parents. And gotta love how most of the non-whites were in the very back, unless they were generic "modern" people.

Also, for all of the women's and civil rights stuff he goes on about, I'm absolutely shocked that Martin Luther King Jr. isn't anywhere to be seen. WTF.

Edit: the schoolteacher also looks a lot like Sarah Palin. :shock:

I think we have had the Jefferson discussion here. He was a professed Christian. His "Notes on Religion" showed him to believe in Jesus Christ, the Bible as inspired, etc.

According to his comment on including himself in Via Dolorosa, McN. receives revelations about who to include in the crowd pics.

Here is his site:

mcnaughtonart.com

There are a few other "big crowds of people from history" paintings.

What the fuck is Jefferson doing in that painting? He wasn't Christian, he was Deist. Washington, Lincoln, and Franklin weren't all that big on religion either.

Maybe the artist knows that, deep down, and why he couldn't get Franklin to come out right -- he looks more like he has agita (or angina!) than like he is putting his hand over his heart in respect.

:lol:

Well I don't have the talent to make any (or even, apparently, to copy a picture here...), but here's a few funnies for y'all:

http://loljesuspictures.blogspot.com/

And:

http://cheezburger.com/coopopeJ/lolz/View/4673999872

From the first site:

jesus-ikea.jpg

J, save the allen wrench, in case you -- er, someone -- needs to take it apart later.

What the fuck is Jefferson doing in that painting? He wasn't Christian, he was Deist. Washington, Lincoln, and Franklin weren't all that big on religion either. I'm also surprised John Quincy Adams is standing so far behind his parents. And gotta love how most of the non-whites were in the very back, unless they were generic "modern" people.

Also, for all of the women's and civil rights stuff he goes on about, I'm absolutely shocked that Martin Luther King Jr. isn't anywhere to be seen. WTF.

Edit: the schoolteacher also looks a lot like Sarah Palin. :shock:

You have better eyes than I do. I didn't spot the non-whites until you pointed them out and I stared at the picture for a while.

That's ok, at first I thought the soldier to the left in all green was Peter Pan. I WTF'd for a second... :oops:

Kitty -- glad somebody got the reference. I couldn't find an image in which Balaam was green, but at least he's wearing it in that one! :D

And now, from the highly accurate Creation Museum:

6251356799_bd55d85c87_b.jpg

Eden, where the men are men -- er, the man is man -- and the sheep are nervous.

See the penguin is why the tree family really needs to go to the creation museum.

From the first site:

jesus-ikea.jpg

J, save the allen wrench, in case you -- er, someone -- needs to take it apart later.

Holy. The Immaculate Heart of Jesus meets Ikea!

I really want to make a LOLBible with this pic, but I just can't think of anything. Maybe because it is pretty funny on its own.

OneNationUnderGod.jpg

"Halo 2000.

Brighter than mood lighting on any known state houses you care to name.

Proudly powered by Trinity Inc."

NaUyb.jpg

:lol:

If you look really closely, I believe there's an Oompa Loompa way in the back of the painting.

• 4 months later...

Archived