• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 47of74

• GreyhoundFan

• fraurosena

• AmazonGrace

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I have to disagree with you on that one. There would be no Trump if there hadn’t been a McConnell in the Senate protecting and enabling him. McConnell  blocked over four hundred House bills from ever

I really wanna give a FU, but that wouldn't be very nice towards you. So, FU Dr Birx for saying that now and not right away when it was happening, and FU so much, because you're also responsible

Posted Images

fraurosena

Loser.

Trump loses again in court -- must turn over documents to NY Attorney General

Former President Donald Trump suffered another legal setback on Friday.

"A New York judge on Friday increased pressure on former President Donald J. Trump's family business and several associates, ordering them to give state investigators documents in a civil inquiry into whether the company misstated assets to get bank loans and tax benefits," The New York Times reports.

"It was the second blow that the judge, Arthur F. Engoron of State Supreme Court in Manhattan, had dealt to Mr. Trump's company in recent weeks," the newspaper explained. "In December, he ordered the company, the Trump Organization, to produce records that its lawyers had tried to shield, including some related to a Westchester County, N.Y., property that is among those being scrutinized by the New York State attorney general, Letitia James. On Friday, Judge Engoron went further, saying that even more documents, as well as communications with a law firm hired by the Trump Organization, had to be handed over to Ms. James's office. In doing so, he rejected the lawyers' claim that the documents at issue were covered by attorney-client privilege."

In addition to the investigation by the NY attorney general, Trump is also being investigated by Manhattan D.A. Cy Vance, Jr.

"Investigators in Ms. James's office have focused their attention on an array of transactions, including a financial restructuring of the Trump International Hotel & Tower in Chicago in 2010 that resulted in the Fortress Credit Corporation forgiving debt worth more than $100 million," the newspaper noted. "An analysis of Mr. Trump's financial records by The New York Times found that he had avoided federal income tax on almost all of the forgiven debt."

Justice Engoron gave the Trump Organization a February 4th deadline to turn over the documents.

• Upvote 9
  • Thank You 9
onekidanddone

I know I bring this up often, however I just need to vent again. 

That pile of festering orange puss has a teenage son. Does he ever think on how all this cluster fuck is harming that child? No I don’t think he gives a rats ass.

He didn’t care about the three out of four others.

• Upvote 7
  • Sad 2
  • I Agree 11
Shrubbery

Does this mean that he has now minus four days left in his permitted stay? 

• Upvote 6
  • Haha 3
fraurosena
14 minutes ago, Shrubbery said:

Does this mean that he has now minus four days left in his permitted stay? 

It would seem so, yes. And people have been complaining with the authorities. Which is why they are now 'doing a legal review'. Whatever that means. 

• Upvote 10
Dandruff
11 hours ago, fraurosena said:

It would seem so, yes. And people have been complaining with the authorities. Which is why they are now 'doing a legal review'. Whatever that means. 

His neighbors must want him to gtfo in the worst way and are, apparently, pushing hard on the issue.

Wonder how many Mar-a-Lago members either won't renew or are trying to get partial refunds.  Who wants to be there...especially when he's there?

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 1
47of74

So glad this walking clusterfuck isn't in office anymore.

• Upvote 1
  • Confused 4
  • Thank You 8
47of74

• Upvote 7
  • Haha 3
Alisamer
On 1/30/2021 at 7:33 PM, onekidanddone said:

I know I bring this up often, however I just need to vent again. 

That pile of festering orange puss has a teenage son. Does he ever think on how all this cluster fuck is harming that child? No I don’t think he gives a rats ass.

That would require him to remember he has that particular son!

I'm still holding out hope that Barron has been kept enough away from him and the rest to turn out to be a decent person. But even if he turns out awful maybe he'll have the sense to keep a low profile at least. 

• Upvote 13
  • I Agree 3
GreyhoundFan
19 hours ago, Dandruff said:

Wonder how many Mar-a-Lago members either won't renew or are trying to get partial refunds.  Who wants to be there...especially when he's there?

It seems Mar-a-Loco is not as popular as it once was. Good.

• Upvote 11
  • I Agree 3
  • Thank You 2
SassyPants

Isn’t there some sort of legal ramifications for initiating frivolous lawsuits; using the courts to try to get out of paying your debts or facing the truth( losing an election)? Cant patterns be determined and cases dismissed? Such a dog and pony show. 

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 4
fraurosena

Trump's woes are only just beginning.

Scottish Parliament to hold vote on Unexplained Wealth Order into Donald Trump's finances

An opposition debate in the Scottish Parliament will set out the arguments for ministers to apply to the Court of Session and act on growing concerns over how the former US president’s holdings in Scotland were acquired.

While the issue has been discussed three times at Holyrood in the past 12 months, the coming debate is significant.

A vote by MSPs calling on ministers to seek an UWO would not be binding, but it would substantially increase pressure on First Minister Nicola Sturgeon to act in line with Holyrood’s will.

Wednesday’s debate is being brought to the chamber by Patrick Harvie, co-convenor of the Scottish Greens, who has repeatedly pressed Ms Sturgeon to look into “serious and evidenced concerns” surrounding Mr Trump’s purchases of the Turnberry resort, and land for his inaugural Scottish property in Aberdeenshire.

The Scotsman revealed last month how Aidan O’Neill QC, one of Scotland’s leading advocates, said Scottish ministers alone had responsibility for pursuing one of the so-called ‘McMafia’ orders, a legal mechanism designed to target suspected corrupt foreign officials who have potentially laundered stolen money through the UK.

Ms Sturgeon has repeatedly said any decisions around applications for an UWO were the responsibility of the Lord Advocate.

But in his advice, prepared for the activism group Avaaz, Mr O’Neill said that even if the immediate departmental responsibility for seeking an UWO was allocated to the Lord Advocate or the Crown Office, it “does and cannot change the legal responsibilities” of ministers as the “relevant enforcement or competent authority” for the administration of the orders.

Mr Harvie told The Scotsman: “The Scottish Government has tried to avoid the question of investigating Donald Trump’s wealth for far too long. There are serious concerns about how he financed the cash purchases of his Scottish golf courses, but no investigation has ever taken place.

“Nicola Sturgeon’s claims that it has nothing to do with her have been shown to be untrue. It’s long past time the government demonstrated that Scotland cannot be a country where anyone with the money can buy whatever land and property they want, no questions asked.

“That’s why I’m bringing this vote to Parliament. The government must seek an unexplained wealth order to shine a light on Trump’s shadowy dealings.”

Questioned in Holyrood in January, Ms Sturgeon said she had not read Mr O’Neill’s advice ”in detail,” and the government had its own sources of legal advice.

It is understood she has since been sent Mr O’Neill’s advice in full. This week's debate is expected to challenge Ms Sturgeon to set out the government’s legal reasoning.

Nick Flynn, legal director at Avaaz, has said Ms Sturgeon has been “avoiding” questions around Mr Trump’s purchase of Turnberry for nearly two years.

Questions surrounding Mr Trump’s £35m cash acquisition of Turnberry – a four-time host of golf’s Open championship – predate his single term in office.

The Trump Organisation did not respond to a request for comment, but Mr Trump and his company have always denied they used outside financing for their Scottish properties, which are yet to turn a profit under his ownership.

• Upvote 6
  • Haha 1
  • Thank You 6
fraurosena

Failson 2 response to the plan to investigate Trump’s business in Scotland.

• Upvote 6
  • Haha 1
Dandruff
17 minutes ago, fraurosena said:

Failson 2 response to the plan to investigate Trump’s business in Scotland.

It would be nice if he stfu.

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 4
Ozlsn
2 hours ago, Dandruff said:

They could stop reporting on him now given how irrelevant he is.

Edited by Ozlsn
  • Upvote 4
  • I Agree 10
fraurosena
6 hours ago, Ozlsn said:

They could stop reporting on him now given how irrelevant he is.

Except when reporting on litigation pertaining to the Trump organization. Then I want to hear all about it. 😉

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 9
Alisamer
40 minutes ago, fraurosena said:

Except when reporting on litigation pertaining to the Trump organization. Then I want to hear all about it. 😉

I advocate "no news, unless it's actually news!"

I don't want to hear about their vacations, their self-aggrandizing rally attempts (unless there's some Florida-man-level hilarity of the sort that would be reported on if it happened anywhere else), what Melania or Ivanka is wearing, what any of them are doing, or how any of them think or feel about anything at all. 

I want actual news - indictments, convictions, trial updates, that sort of thing. The sort of things that would be covered about someone who isn't a Trump. Anything else, if covered - and I'm thinking weddings, births, graduations, etc. - should be tiny sidebar blurbs if anything at all.

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 4
Xan
11 hours ago, Dandruff said:

He doesn't know how to do that.  None of them do.  It's as if any stray thought that falls into their empty heads then immediately comes out of their mouths.  They possess no internal censors at all.

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 3
fraurosena
52 minutes ago, Xan said:

He doesn't know how to do that.  None of them do.  It's as if any stray thought that falls into their empty heads then immediately comes out of their mouths.  They possess no internal censors at all.

What makes it worse is that they all think they're so smart too.

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 2
47of74

This ought to be interesting 

House Democrats on Thursday asked Donald Trump to testify under oath for his Senate impeachment trial, saying the former president must explain why he and his lawyers have disputed key factual allegations at the center of the case.

The request from House impeachment managers make clear their intent to present an aggressive case against the former president even though he has left the White House. A Trump adviser did not immediately return a message seeking comment about the managers' letter.

The Senate impeachment trial starts Feb. 9. Trump is charged with inciting a mob of supporters that stormed the Capitol on Jan. 6.

In the letter, Rep Jamie Raskin, one of the impeachment managers, asked that Trump provide testimony “either before or during the Senate impeachment trial,” and under cross examination, about his conduct on Jan. 6, as early as Monday and not later than next Thursday, Feb. 11.

Maybe they can get him for perjury 

• Upvote 4
  • Thank You 3
onekidanddone
14 minutes ago, 47of74 said:

This ought to be interesting 

Maybe they can get him for perjury 

He will cry ‘perjury trap’ at the hands of the ebil dems. There is one sure fire way to avoid committing perjury. Just don’t lie

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 2
clueliss

And - Lawsuit!  Faux, Guiliani hit with a suit by a voting company due to the Trump claims. 

• Upvote 7
  • Thank You 2
clueliss

You can't throw me out - I quit.

• Haha 16