IGNORED

Trump 53: Orange Florida Man Awaiting Indictment

GreyhoundFan

I really wanna give a FU, but that wouldn't be very nice towards you.

So, FU Dr Birx for saying that now and not right away when it was happening, and FU so much, because you're also responsible for a lot of people dying, because you let the OFM spread lies, and a lot of culpable people believed him. Also FU to those. Because due to idiots who believed OFM, they didn't do their part and infected other people that weren't able to stay at home etc..

AAAAH! So much rage towards these people

*rant over*

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 17

Neither side wants asshole fuck face of America in the ex-President's club.

It's a club Donald Trump was never really interested in joining and certainly not so soon: the cadre of former commanders in chief who revere the presidency enough to put aside often bitter political differences and even join together in common cause.

Members of the ex-presidents club pose together for pictures. They smile and pat each other on the back while milling around historic events, or sit somberly side by side at VIP funerals. They take on special projects together. They rarely criticize one another and tend to offer even fewer harsh words about their White House successors.

Like so many other presidential traditions, however, this is one Trump seems likely to flout. Now that he's left office, it's hard to see him embracing the stately, exclusive club of living former presidents.

It's equally clear that the club's other members don't much want him — at least for now.

And it might be difficult for him to gather with other ex-Presidents when he's doing life to 25000 years in prison too.

• Upvote 9
  • Haha 2
  • Love 4

12 hours ago, JordynDarby5 said:

Seriously, what is it going to take? 

I am worried about the precedent this sets for future presidents. If what Trump did doesn’t meet the threshold  for a trial and conviction, what will? The Republican Party really needs to be gone.

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 13

17 hours ago, 47of74 said:

Asshole Fuck Face of America might not get his shrine.

Of course he might be in prison before too much longer at the rate he's going.

His presidential library? A golden laptop on a marble pedestal, where we can access all his tweets, using the password 'covfefe.' They can stick it in a dark corner of the National Archives, saving the country a lot of money by not putting up an actual building.

*ETA: It helps to read the article. I just learned that presiential libraries are not funded by taxpayers. Maybe he could pay for his laptop and pedestal via GoFundMe.

Edited by Loveday
  • Upvote 5
  • I Agree 5

The idiot is finding out that his usefulness has come to an end.

Members are quitting 'sad' Mar-a-Lago after Trump loses

Many once-loyal members of Mar-a-Lago are leaving because they no longer want to have any connection to former President Donald Trump, according to the author of the definitive book about the resort.

"It's a very dispirited place," Laurence Leamer, historian and author of "Mar-a-Lago: Inside the Gates of Power at Donald Trump's Presidential Palace," told MSNBC host Alex Witt on "Weekends with Alex Witt" Saturday. He said members are "not concerned about politics and they said the food is no good." 

Leamer said he spoke to a number of former members who "silently walked out" after Trump left office.

Trump moved to the Palm Beach, Florida, estate after his term ended last week. But without the cachet of the sitting president of the United States working at the estate, guests are finding Mar-a-Lago lost a step. There isn't any entertainment on the property during the pandemic, and Leamer added, "It's a sad place ... it's not what it was."

Disgruntled members might lead to a smaller paycheck for Trump. When Trump was president, many people paid up to $200,000 for Mar-a-Lago memberships, Leamer pointed out, and he said they don't think they'll continue paying that price.

Mar-a-Lago has long been ridiculed by critics as a stodgy, stuffy club filled with Trump memorabilia -- some of it fake. Late-night host Jimmy Kimmel on Friday recounted a visit to the resort just before Trump became president.

"You could not possibly exaggerate how comical it is," Kimmel said on The Ringer's "The Bill Simmons Podcast." "Everyone there is 100 years old." 

Kimmel told Simmons he went to the resort about six years ago to have dinner with Howard Stern, who lived near the property at the time. He described the Mar-a-Lago attendees as "hunched-over people who are eating soft food" and he said the place is covered in Trump photos. 

"It was just quiet and a terrible place," Kimmel said. "And now he lives in this terrible place."

Trump's hotels and hospitality companies were hit particularly hard during the coronavirus pandemic, but sales at the Mar-a-Lago resort increased over the last year, from $21.4 million to $24.2 million. In 2019, the former president transferred his permanent residence to the Florida resort from Trump Tower in New York. But questions remain about whether he'll be allowed to live there permanently, because it may violate his 1993 agreement with the town of Palm Beach.

"Even here, people don't like him," Leamer said, referring to residents of Palm Beach -- many of whom voted for Trump in hopes of lower taxes and a booming stock market. "It's just another measure of how his power has declined."

• Upvote 5
  • Thank You 3
  • Love 7

Mr. Becky was speculating that somehow OFM granted himself and his spawn official pardons in secret while still in office - would this be possible??  Scary thought.  

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Becky said:

Mr. Becky was speculating that somehow OFM granted himself and his spawn official pardons in secret while still in office - would this be possible??  Scary thought.  

I guess in theory it could be possible. However, it would be problematic for him for two reasons:

1. Accepting a pardon means you also accept guilt. As he’s going on trial for his impeachment soon, he can’t suddenly produce a pardon without admitting he is guilty as charged.

2. The timing of it when he officially issued the pardons is crucial. Did he issue it before the 6th? Then any acts committed that day and later are not part of the pardon. If he issued it after the 6th, then it is also (theoretically) possible for Congress to make them null and void, as part of his sentencing after a guilty verdict.

Whatever the options, I don’t think a pardon will help him with his impeachment trial. Plus, these pardons are only limited to federal crimes. He’s still liable at state level.

Side question for all of you: does a presidential pardon include impeachments, or is it limited to federal judicial offenses?

• Upvote 7
  • Thank You 1

11 minutes ago, fraurosena said:

I guess in theory it could be possible. However, it would be problematic for him for two reasons:

1. Accepting a pardon means you also accept guilt. As he’s going on trial for his impeachment soon, he can’t suddenly produce a pardon without admitting he is guilty as charged.

2. The timing of it when he officially issued the pardons is crucial. Did he issue it before the 6th? Then any acts committed that day and later are not part of the pardon. If he issued it after the 6th, then it is also (theoretically) possible for Congress to make them null and void, as part of his sentencing after a guilty verdict.

Whatever the options, I don’t think a pardon will help him with his impeachment trial. Plus, these pardons are only limited to federal crimes. He’s still liable at state level.

Side question for all of you: does a presidential pardon include impeachments, or is it limited to federal judicial offenses?

Screenshot_20210125-154737__01.thumb.jpg.b26813af1a62ba4fe4e0e9f03a44df17.jpg

• Thank You 10

Awaiting the Branch Trumpvidian freak out

The House impeachment managers formally triggered the start of former President Donald Trump's second impeachment trial Monday evening after they walked across the Capitol and read on the Senate floor the charge against Trump, the first president in history to be impeached twice.

The contours of Trump's Senate trial are starting to take shape as the ceremonial elements get underway, with the Senate's longest-serving Democrat expected to preside over the trial and Democrats still weighing whether to pursue witnesses during proceedings that could take up a chunk of February.

Chief Justice John Roberts will not be presiding like he did for Trump's first impeachment trial, according to two sources familiar with the matter. Instead, Sen. Patrick Leahy, the president pro tempore of the Senate, is expected to preside, the sources said. The Constitution says the chief justice presides when the person facing trial is the current president of the United States, but senators preside in other cases, one source said.

As the fourth Senate impeachment trial of a president in US history gets underway, there are still two big looming questions over the Democrats' impeachment case: Whether they will seek witnesses and how long the trial will take. The answers to both are still not known yet, according to multiple sources familiar with the matter.

• Thank You 6
  • Love 2

8 hours ago, AmazonGrace said:

I did wonder if he would attempt to set up a parallel government, but this seems like a weird mix of that and admitting he's not President any more. Just when you think it's quietening down...

17 hours ago, AmazonGrace said:

If you subsidise political terror by allowing it to continue is the most accurate statement I have seen today.

19 hours ago, AmazonGrace said:

Profiting off the presidency is fine now

That is ridiculous. Can they appeal?

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 3

11 hours ago, AmazonGrace said:

Using that seal is, um, frowned upon.

Well I wouldn’t have a problem if once he gets to prison they put the seal on his cell door to remind everyone of what he claimed to be. Along with another one inside over his bunk. 

Edited by 47of74
  • Upvote 2
  • Haha 8

I don't understand how a country that still uses the death penalty is even allowed in the United Nations.

• Upvote 5
  • Disgust 4
  • WTF 7
  • I Agree 3

15 minutes ago, AmazonGrace said:

I don't understand how a country that still uses the death penalty is even allowed in the United Nations.

I don't honestly understand why the President has any say in any of it - or even the AG come to that. The justice system is supposed to be independent, and that is kind of the opposite of that. They should not be able to essentially speed things up (and I'm now wondering what Trump thought he was going to use the space for, and it's not pretty. Even as a last ditch attempt to lower the deficiet it is not pretty - but it says a lot about Trump and whose lives he values.)

• Upvote 15
  • I Agree 3

• GreyhoundFan locked this topic
  • GreyhoundFan unpinned this topic