IGNORED

Kamala Harris: Madam Vice President

Destiny

Of course Faux "News" forgot all about the former guy when they did this;

Apparently in search of something to gripe about with the current administration, Fox News decided this weekend to focus on criticizing Vice President Kamala Harris (D), mainly for supposedly controversial and “disrespectful” remarks.

But the right-wing network’s newsroom wasn’t practicing what their pundits were preaching. While hosts on the air were lambasting Harris for her apparent “DISGUSTING” remarks about Memorial Day, Fox News was sharing articles on cocktail trends and summer recipes.

The supposed “disgusting” and “disrespectful” tweet came from Harris on May 29, when she tweeted from her account four simple words.

“Enjoy the long weekend,” Harris’s tweet read, including a photo of herself.

Former guy used to say the nastiest shit in his holiday tweets and the reich wing media tripped over each other to congratulate him.  Now that we have a woman in the VP office they can't stand when she says enjoy the weekend. 

Fuck Faux News and their fucking hypocrisy.

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 4

5 hours ago, 47of74 said:

Now that we have a woman in the VP office they can't stand when she says enjoy the weekend

But not just any woman. I'm sure they'd have no issue with Marjorie Batshit Crazy saying it, even if she was (God forbid) VP.

• Upvote 8

4 hours ago, Ozlsn said:

But not just any woman. I'm sure they'd have no issue with Marjorie Batshit Crazy saying it, even if she was (God forbid) VP.

Good point.  I'm sure if Bobert, Palin, Reynolds, Noem, Hinson, and so on said this the GQP and the reich wing media would be just fine with them saying it.

And I like "Marjorie Batshit Crazy" along with Major Failure Greene.  Might have to work it into the rotation too.

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 7

20 hours ago, 47of74 said:

Good point.  I'm sure if Bobert, Palin, Reynolds, Noem, Hinson, and so on said this the GQP and the reich wing media would be just fine with them saying it.

And I like "Marjorie Batshit Crazy" along with Major Failure Greene.  Might have to work it into the rotation too.

I like Major Traitor Greene.

• Upvote 7

2 hours ago, SPHASH said:

I like Major Traitor Greene.

Yeah that works as well.  It certainly fits.  I'm gonna have to work that one in too.  At the rate we're all going here we'll have as many names for her as we have for fuck face.

• Upvote 6

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

The Florida woman who threatened the Vice President pleaded guilty.

A Miami nurse has pleaded guilty for threatening to kill Vice President Kamala Harris, the Justice Department announced.

Niviane Petit Phelps, 39, pleaded guilty on Friday to a six-count indictment, including charges of threats against the vice president. Phelps is scheduled for sentencing on November 19. She faces up to five years in federal prison.

Phelps admitted during a plea hearing in district court in Florida that she sent her husband, who was in prison, a 30-second video of herself threatening to kill Harris in February.

Prosecutors said the videos show Phelps making threats and screaming curse words. She claimed that she had accepted $53,000 to carry out the "hit" against Harris within 50 days, the Justice Department said.

Let me just say - she deserves punishment for what she did.  I hope she does hard time for what she did.

But I do have to wonder, if it was some white male Branch Trumpvidian if he'd even see the inside of a prison or just get a very, very soft slap on the wrist.  I get the feeling she's going to get the max while a similar BT wouldn't even face any time incarcerated. 

• Thank You 9

6 hours ago, 47of74 said:

But I do have to wonder, if it was some white male Branch Trumpvidian if he'd even see the inside of a prison or just get a very, very soft slap on the wrist.  I get the feeling she's going to get the max while a similar BT wouldn't even face any time incarcerated. 

I think it would depend on the financial resources available to.them.

• I Agree 6

• 1 month later...

What is she doing? Are they hiding her? This thread is on its second page and some of the posts don't mention her at all.

Kamala Harris, that is.

• Upvote 4

18 hours ago, AmazonGrace said:

What is she doing? Are they hiding her? This thread is on its second page and some of the posts don't mention her at all.

Kamala Harris, that is.

I'm OK with boring competence, at this point. Especially in a pandemic.

But yeah - it feels odd to hear so little about her. 

I'm not sure why, though. Is it because we spent 4 years of constant daily presidential scandal in our faces constantly? I don't seem to remember hearing a lot from/by VPs in the past, really. I mean, did Quayle actually do anything?

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 1

4 minutes ago, Alisamer said:

I'm OK with boring competence, at this point. Especially in a pandemic.

But yeah - it feels odd to hear so little about her. 

I'm not sure why, though. Is it because we spent 4 years of constant daily presidential scandal in our faces constantly? I don't seem to remember hearing a lot from/by VPs in the past, really. I mean, did Quayle actually do anything?

Yes, he did. Quayle misspelled potato.

• Haha 13

12 minutes ago, Audrey2 said:

Yeah I was just thinking that is literally ALL I remember about him. The sum total of my Dan Quayle knowledge is that he was VP and misspelled potato.

• Upvote 9

Vice Presidents usually work in the back ground, never get much coverage And then  Fade into relative obscurity unless the become president themselves or try to be or cause a scandal of course. Been that way almost from the beginning.

• Upvote 9

4 hours ago, Audrey2 said:

He also slammed TV Character Murphy Brown which got an episode out of it.

• I Agree 6

John Kennedy was not even the John Kennedy that time and adulation has made him out to be. Neither was Lincoln for that matter. 

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 2

11 hours ago, JordynDarby5 said:

He also compared himself to JFK. 

Is this where the, "I knew Jack Kennedy. ... Senator, you're no Jack Kennedy," line came from?

Edit: I wrote this, then got distracted by shiny work-shaped things and forgot to press enter. I know it was now.

Edited by Destiny
more words
  • Upvote 5

13 hours ago, Destiny said:

Is this where the, "I knew Jack Kennedy. ... Senator, you're no Jack Kennedy," line came from?

Edit: I wrote this, then got distracted by shiny work-shaped things and forgot to press enter. I know it was now.

Yup.  It was from one of the vice-presidential debates.

https://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=5425248

Edited by zeebaneighba
ETA a link to a story about the quote
  • Thank You 3

• 2 weeks later...
12 minutes ago, Cartmann99 said:

Well, it's something, I guess?

I hope she gets to sit behind the Resolute desk and have a photo taken. For history's sake.  It'll nice to have when after we've had a full-time female president, the articles about her can include it as a footnote. Technically first female president, first female president of color. 

Because of a colonoscopy. 

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 7

On 11/19/2021 at 1:41 PM, AmazonGrace said:

Typical. As always, a man gets something stuck up his ass and a woman has to cover for him. 

A friend responded with "So all we had to do was wait for an old white man to get his shit together?"

• Haha 10