IGNORED

PRESIDENT Joe Biden: A Return to Normalcy?

Destiny

38 minutes ago, HerNameIsBuffy said:

There is nothing I love more than someone who admits they don't know but will let you know when they have more information, instead of deflection or making things up.  It's my #1 top criteria in a hire and favorite trait in a co-worker.

I know it's her first time and none of us are on our A game 7 hours into a new job, but I really cringed at her answer to the question on abortion.

She had no information as it hadn't been discussed, there was no need for her to state that Biden was a devout Catholic who had been to mass that morning.  He's had priests (at least one) refuse to allow him the eucharist solely because of his prochoice public stance.

He keeps his personal beliefs separate, so Idk why his press secretary felt the need to stress his religion in response to question on abortion but I thought that was a huge misstep.

I'm guessing she highlighted this to show the difference between his personal beliefs and public policy.  You can be pro-choice but still feel abortion is wrong.  She was definitely trying to dodge the question because the answer under most democratic presidencies is to loosen restrictions around funds to abortion and she didn't want to give a very right-wing news outlet anything to run with on that topic especially Day 1.

• Upvote 12

That’ll look good on his resume.

Edited by fraurosena
  • Upvote 13
  • Thank You 2
  • Love 2

6 hours ago, clueliss said:

DNI approved 

Doing things this way is so weird to me. I mean, getting rid of one cabinet and then it takes however long it takes to approve the next one. 

Not that I want Florida man's staff to stay but it would be more effective to choose and confirm the next cabinet beforehand so you have someone in charge right away  

• Upvote 5

5 hours ago, AmazonGrace said:

Doing things this way is so weird to me. I mean, getting rid of one cabinet and then it takes however long it takes to approve the next one. 

Not that I want Florida man's staff to stay but it would be more effective to choose and confirm the next cabinet beforehand so you have someone in charge right away  

Normally the senate starts confirming key members of the president-elect's cabinet in December, so they're ready to go on January 20. However, the senate was busy playing footsie with un-named Florida Man for his "stop the steal" nonsense. Agencies will basically be in a holding pattern, with career, non-political officials in acting roles keeping the lights on until the heads are confirmed.

Edited by GreyhoundFan
edited for riffles
  • Upvote 8
  • I Agree 2
  • Thank You 10

You guys, I about cried when CNN started carrying the press briefing yesterday. It was so refreshingly boring that I grabbed a friend and made him come watch with me for a minute, just to enjoy how boring and normal it was!

• Love 21

2 hours ago, GreyhoundFan said:

image.png.462857982760c200e443a7b909aa15e2.png

I would love to know if he or anyone close to him cracked jokes about how many flags there were.

"Hey, Jen Psaki, I double-dog dare you to go out and claim there were more flags in that crowd than ever in the history of flags!"

• Upvote 6
  • Haha 10

2 minutes ago, clueliss said:

When I hear Fauci's name now - my mind yells "YAY! Science is back"

I gave a haha upvote because your post made me smile.

• Upvote 10

According to my German news (Deutschlandfunk) Biden's first scandal is about his training bike being connected to the internet and being considered a safety-risk.

That's the kind of scandal I can live with, I guess.

• Upvote 14
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, flowergirl said:

According to my German news (Deutschlandfunk) Biden's first scandal is about his training bike being connected to the internet and being considered a safety-risk.

That's the kind of scandal I can live with, I guess.

I saw reports about that before he took office.  It's a Peleton and connects to the internet.  But then one piece also talked about OFM's massively expensive golf simulator having similar issues.

• Upvote 7

Well - that's a good thing.  But seriously - why did the new administration have to renew this one?

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, AmazonGrace said:

Biden is paying Florida man's debts.

That's how it always goes, though. The Republican is elected, pays off cronies, and trashes the country. People become concerned, and vote a Democrat in, who fixes as much as possible despite strong opposition. During the second half/ second term, Republicans take the Senate and oppose everything. Then a Republican President is elected to work better with the Senate, and it's lather, rinse, and repeat.

• Upvote 12
  • Sad 4
  • I Agree 10

• GreyhoundFan locked this topic
  • GreyhoundFan unpinned this topic