IGNORED

Faux "News" 3: Falling Out Of Favor With Trumpsters

GreyhoundFan

10 PM: CNN and MSNBC are discussing the Covid relief bill. Laura Ingraham is whining about Meghan. She's an entitled brat who knew what she was getting into when she married Harry. Nigel Farage, "former member of European Parliament", said everyone loved Meghan and Harry until they started talking about climate change. Graham then complains that "the elite" get job opportunities that they not qualified for, ans Chelsea Clinton, Jenna Bush, Hunter Biden, etc. pictured in the corner (no mention of the Trump kids). Then Josh Hawley chimed in about European censorship and how Trump is still unable to express himself. Only at 10:18 did the conversation veer to something else (immigration crisis at the border). 

• Upvote 5

• Replies 501
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• GreyhoundFan

• Cartmann99

• fraurosena

• AmazonGrace

47 minutes ago, JMarie said:

10 PM: CNN and MSNBC are discussing the Covid relief bill. Laura Ingraham is whining about Meghan. She's an entitled brat who knew what she was getting into when she married Harry. Nigel Farage, "former member of European Parliament", said everyone loved Meghan and Harry until they started talking about climate change. Graham then complains that "the elite" get job opportunities that they not qualified for, ans Chelsea Clinton, Jenna Bush, Hunter Biden, etc. pictured in the corner (no mention of the Trump kids). Then Josh Hawley chimed in about European censorship and how Trump is still unable to express himself. Only at 10:18 did the conversation veer to something else (immigration crisis at the border). 

Graham sounds jealous about job opportunties couldn't get. 

• Upvote 3

5 hours ago, GreyhoundFan said:

Faux, always right on top of the important news of the day. /s

image.png.346b257988e6eb1bdcd04e34453b1ee3.png

image.png.beb318d829046533c24a762bd32d0577.png

They are desperately trying to prove the narrative that having Democrats rule has made things so much worse in the country. But as the administration and Congress are moving fast at actually running the country and improving conditions for average Americans, all they can do is point out things big corporations are doing and twisting it into cancel culture. :pb_rollseyes:

• Upvote 8

Although Rivera said that he is a friend of Donald Trump, he was highly critical of Trump’s actions following the election.

“However, I think President Trump is not only redeemable, but he’s a force of nature who has been a lifelong friend in my adult life,” he told the Plain Dealer. I would expect he would approve of this. We can resolve our issues and help heal the Republican Party.”

*Snorting laughter*

• Upvote 1
  • Thank You 8

1 hour ago, Cartmann99 said:

*Snorting laughter*

Lol. How fucking naiive is Rivera? Did he not see what happened to Nikki Hailey?

• Upvote 7

If only he were a former senator:

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 4

The party of family values on display:

• Disgust 1
  • WTF 7

More on Faux vs. Unilever:

Fox News Now Outraged That a Soap Company Is Dropping the Word ‘Normal’ From Products

During an entire segment devoted to the brand’s decision on Fox News midday panel show Outnumbered, anchor Harris Faulkner expressed confusion over Unilever’s decision.

“As a mom, I don’t shelter my children from what’s being advertised,” she said. “I build up their self-esteem in other ways. I tell them to pick the best product for our hair or skin tone. To pick what’s best for them based on those ingredients.”

“I don’t think they do a lot of the package reading,” Faulkner added. “Raising two biracial children, I am sensitive. I don’t know if them scrubbing words off the packaging is as important to me as me being able to read what’s in the product. Maybe I’m missing something here.”

Fox News contributor Tomi Lahren—whose entire career has centered on delivering bite-sized video rants about various outrages of the day—then took the opportunity to rage against the corporate move, in the process somehow invoking World War II.

“Think about it. The Greatest Generation fought the Nazis, stormed beaches,” she exclaimed. “Here we are today being triggered by soap and labels and cartoons. It’s utterly ridiculous!”

“I understand this is a company’s decision. It’s all part of this cancel culture. It’s all a part of this hypersensitivity. I wish people would toughen up,” Lahren continued, without any hint of self-awareness. “If you’re offended by soap, you need to examine your level of oppression and get your head out of the clouds.”

After Lahren—who has spent years advocating for and cheering on Colin Kapernick’s cancellation from the NFL—was finished claiming that an advertising change was the latest example of “cancel culture,” even though no products have been removed or discontinued, country singer and Fox Nation host John Rich made his own announcement.

“I know you’re going to be shocked by this, but it has inspired me to write a new song,” Rich shared with the panel. “This cancel culture offensive thing—everybody’s offended. It’s called ‘I’m Offended That You’re Offended.’ It’s going to be coming soon to a radio station near you. You’re gonna love it.”

Rich, who regularly appears on Fox News to deliver commentary about political topics, also wrote a song in 2019, along with the hosts of Fox News’ The Five, called “Shut Up About Politics.”

Rich demurred when his fellow panelists begged for a preview of the song, though he did say it’s “basically that I find it offensive that you are offended by things that are really not that offensive.” He went on to proclaim that “it’s going to hit the target.”

:pb_rollseyes:  Follow the link above if you want to watch the segment.

• Upvote 2
  • Eyeroll 7

4 minutes ago, Cartmann99 said:

“Think about it. The Greatest Generation fought the Nazis, stormed beaches,” she exclaimed. “Here we are today being triggered by soap and labels and cartoons. It’s utterly ridiculous!”

“I understand this is a company’s decision. It’s all part of this cancel culture. It’s all a part of this hypersensitivity. I wish people would toughen up,” Lahren continued, without any hint of self-awareness. “If you’re offended by soap, you need to examine your level of oppression and get your head out of the clouds.”

The only people I see who are being triggered or offended by soap, labels, cartoons, etc. are the snowflakes over at Fox. They and their fanatics seem to be the only ones having hissy fits about that sort of thing. The rest of the world is more or less shrugging like "OK, they changed a word. So?"

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 10

President Biden gave an excellent speech about the pandemic last night, including the hope that we will be able to get together on July 4th due to the number of people who should be vaccinated by then. Of course, Faux has to be nasty:

• Upvote 5
  • Eyeroll 1
  • WTF 2

Tucker doesn't understand why people get angry when he says nasty crap:

• Upvote 3
  • Eyeroll 4

Because Reince and Kayleigh prefer incoherent yammering to eloquent speeches.

• Upvote 3
  • Eyeroll 4

I was not aware of this (and I'm sorry if I missed it on earlier threads about Fox) but Fox doesn't get most of its revenue from ads.  They just negotiate higher rates from the cable companies.  We are subsidizing Fox with our cable payments.  Here's the beginning of the relevant info from Angelo Carusone on Twitter:

Spoiler

He later goes on to say this:  "The effect? News & info channels’ subscriber fees are normally small. MSNBC gets ~$0.33, CNN gets between $0.70-0.90 per month (and includes CNN and CNN Headline News). In contrast, Fox News charges near or over $2 a month. This is wildly out of step with industry averages." 

(I haven't mastered the thread unroll yet.  Sorry.)

Edited by Xan
  • Thank You 8

Shaking my head:

• Disgust 1
  • Eyeroll 8

This is too funny:

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 6
  • Love 2

Aw, Brian is upset that Biden doesn't genuflect to the former guy.

• Upvote 8

Whoops, someone forgot to mute...

• Haha 12

John Oliver had a great segment about one of our least favorite people:

• Thank You 5

Judge Box O' Whine complains about people who have drinking problems. I think she got confused looking in the mirror.

• Haha 11

Yeah that’s a problem how?  

If the folks over at Fox News Fox & Friends are any indication, Republicans are absolutely panickedabout the potential end of the filibuster, the long-held last-ditch method of preventing legislative votes in the Senate. 

The right is so terrified of losing this ability to gum up the works of government that Fox & Friends host Ainsley Earhardt said this morning its elimination will mean Democratic Party leadership of the country "forever."

• Upvote 11

one thing that does concern me about the loss of the filibuster, with the way the Republican state houses are doing their best to pass as many laws as possible suppressing voters my fear is at some point the Democrats are going to be in the minority and then the Republicans can pass all of their despicable wet dream fantasies, like turning the United States into a right to work country or some of the other shenanigans they want to pull.

• I Agree 4

4 hours ago, Audrey2 said:

one thing that does concern me about the loss of the filibuster, with the way the Republican state houses are doing their best to pass as many laws as possible suppressing voters my fear is at some point the Democrats are going to be in the minority and then the Republicans can pass all of their despicable wet dream fantasies, like turning the United States into a right to work country or some of the other shenanigans they want to pull.

I just don’t understand this filibuster thing. I can’t wrap my head around how it prevents bills becoming law. Yes, it’s annoying (understatement) that filibusterering can make it take a long time for a bill to be voted on, but it doesn’t prevent the vote from eventually happening. So what gives?

With that question out of the way, back to Faux.

I’m not posting this because he vapes or smokes. That’s his business. I’m posting this because getting caught makes him look so uncomfortably foolish. For someone who is actively undermining democracy, I find that rather fitting.

• Upvote 2

4 hours ago, fraurosena said:

I just don’t understand this filibuster thing. I can’t wrap my head around how it prevents bills becoming law. Yes, it’s annoying (understatement) that filibusterering can make it take a long time for a bill to be voted on, but it doesn’t prevent the vote from eventually happening. So what gives?

With that question out of the way, back to Faux.

I’m not posting this because he vapes or smokes. That’s his business. I’m posting this because getting caught makes him look so uncomfortably foolish. For someone who is actively undermining democracy, I find that rather fitting.

Must be nice to be allowed to vape at work 

• Upvote 2

• GreyhoundFan locked this topic