IGNORED

Trump 52: Now He's The FORMER President! (And Still Impeached Twice)

GreyhoundFan

11 hours ago, molecule said:

Check out this parley about it. These people are frightening. 

Screenshot_20210109-222552_Chrome.jpg

But I thought companies could choose who they do and do not want to deal with? 

Hobby Lobby doesn't want their insurance company to pay for birth control for women.  Samaritan "Ministries" has all kinds of rules about who they'll accept and what they'll pay for.

I thought corporations had the same rights as individuals?

• Upvote 17

3 minutes ago, formergothardite said:

I wonder how long Trump can make it hiding from society. He seems to have a pressing need to be in front of his adoring fans. He preferred method of communication has been removed which has to be driving him insane. I’m sure he wants to start campaigning again as soon as possible. 

I'm sure that's part of his fantasies. Taking twitter away from him is a bitter blow; it was his weapon of choice to incite his fans. But at the moment he's also very, very focussed on staying out of the hands of justice. He is very afraid of what will happen after January 20. He knows exactly which criminal offenses he's committed. He knows if they prosecute, he'll be found guilty. He knows he'll end his days in jail when they do. So his main interest will be remaining free and out of Lady Justice's grasp. So, however much it pains him, he will remain in hiding for as long as needs be. Oh, he'll be concocting wild ideas on how to win back favor, how to get funds, how to work himself back to public adoration. But it'll be fantasy, and remain fantasy. Because whatever else, self-preservation reigns supreme in his mind. 

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 3

59 minutes ago, fraurosena said:

will remain in hiding for as long as needs be. Oh, he'll be concocting wild ideas

My concern is that he and his enablers are trying to put together coup.2.

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 14

Just now, WiseGirl said:

My concern is that he and his enablers are trying to put together coup.2.

Not a very likely scenario. Because there is one crucial element that these traitors did not manage, and never will manage, to get on their side: the military. They tried to do it without them, and failed. They could not do what they set out to do: kill Pence and Pelosi, and stop the counting of electoral votes. No, this organized attempt at a coup is over. The MAGAts might still (and probably will) cause damage and disruption in the coming days, but in the end it will not lead to a hostile takeover of the country. These terrorists will be hounded and caught and prosecuted. And things will die down rather quickly-- there is no means to rile them up (no twitter, no fb, no parler, no rallies or speeches) and there is no means to organize them properly. So although we might see (attempted) acts of terror before the inauguration, there will be no second attempt at a coup.

• Upvote 12
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 2

6 hours ago, fraurosena said:

His spawn is... his spawn, and just like their daddy, they're not very smart either. Cunning, yes. But smart-- and smart enough to orchestrate a coup? Nope, no way.

But I agree, somebody is behind all this. Many are pointing at Stephen Miller, and that could well be. But I would not be surprised one little bit if Erik Prince is involved too. And more people we don't really know about. A coup is never organized by a single person. And Trump? Trump is just their patsy, their frontman. And if things go pear-shaped, their scapegoat.

You may be right there. We are talking, after all, about the people who brought us the Goya bean ads, so I may have overestimated their long term planning abilities ... unless it turns out Tiffany is behind everything, because no one ever remembers Tiffany exists, let alone what she might be capable of. 

I guess my mind jumped to his spawn because they are most closely linked with his financial dealings and would need him to stay in power and be un-prosecutable. Your average right wing treasonous plotter would just need *a* figurehead, but would not need to so desperately prop up the orange one, who after all, is slowly starting to decompose and may not have all that many years left in him. 

• Upvote 10

1 hour ago, fraurosena said:

I'm sure that's part of his fantasies. Taking twitter away from him is a bitter blow; it was his weapon of choice to incite his fans. But at the moment he's also very, very focussed on staying out of the hands of justice. He is very afraid of what will happen after January 20. He knows exactly which criminal offenses he's committed. He knows if they prosecute, he'll be found guilty. He knows he'll end his days in jail when they do. So his main interest will be remaining free and out of Lady Justice's grasp. So, however much it pains him, he will remain in hiding for as long as needs be. Oh, he'll be concocting wild ideas on how to win back favor, how to get funds, how to work himself back to public adoration. But it'll be fantasy, and remain fantasy. Because whatever else, self-preservation reigns supreme in his mind. 

Word is that he'd headed to Texas this week to crow about his wall.  I think he hopes there will be an adoring crowd there.  He's probably also itching to use Air Force One while he still can.

I think he believes he can still be exonerated.  He's planning to pardon himself and he knows it will take time to get through to the Supreme Court for their ruling on it.  By that time, he might have relocated to another country.  Donny Boy has no intention of serving prison time and can't even imagine doing it.  

I don't know if there was a back-up coup plan in case the actual coup didn't work.  He might still be hoping to incite a mob to attack during Biden's inauguration.  If I were Biden, I'd do it in an undisclosed location.  I agree with @fraurosena, it wouldn't work.  While there are some members of police departments and of the military who would support him, I doubt many in the upper echelons would -- and you have to have that to get the planning done. 

The Trumpers are still out there and they're seething.  We haven't heard the last of them.  At some point, they'll end up killing someone.  They've certainly been bothering enough local and state government officials lately.  It's going to take a while to tamp down the anger.  

• Upvote 15
  • I Agree 2

44 minutes ago, fraurosena said:

Not a very likely scenario. Because there is one crucial element that these traitors did not manage, and never will manage, to get on their side: the military. They tried to do it without them, and failed. They could not do what they set out to do: kill Pence and Pelosi, and stop the counting of electoral votes. No, this organized attempt at a coup is over. The MAGAts might still (and probably will) cause damage and disruption in the coming days, but in the end it will not lead to a hostile takeover of the country. These terrorists will be hounded and caught and prosecuted. And things will die down rather quickly-- there is no means to rile them up (no twitter, no fb, no parler, no rallies or speeches) and there is no means to organize them properly. So although we might see (attempted) acts of terror before the inauguration, there will be no second attempt at a coup.

I seen a lot of people say online that the Twitter ban (and the domino effect of other services) is too little, too late.  However, it has the upside that the multiple bans happening with less than two weeks to go means that there is very little back up plan for the orange asshole to get his message out to adoring cult members. 

As we see over and over in the fundies followed here on FJ, these, by and large, are not smart, educated, technically sophisticated  people. They manage to use a few apps on their smartphones, but it is going to be hard to find alternatives. I read that one agitator on Parler asked for people to send their telephone number so the could receive SMS messages after Parler shuts down. That works for fund-raising and show up at such and such a rally, but you don't get the network effect of members of a mob egging each other on. This is what we have been seeing on Twitter, Facebook and Parler (hosted on Amazon Web Services) and this is what the management of these services are trying to shut down.

• Upvote 13
  • I Agree 2
  • Thank You 1

Trump's  expecting and getting a riot served a purpose of waking up some people to his ability to incite his followers.  I honestly don't think that normal people felt his rhetoric would lead to Wednesday's actions. I've always thought Trump was a blowhard idiot, but that was shocking. I'm still scared for the next few days. And the future.  I'm afraid he's not done yet. Will the next thing be international? I'd be much more comfortable if the inauguration were in an undisclosed protected location.  Only a few of the terrorists have been arrested, so way way too many are available for more destruction. It's to the point now where I'm not sure whether to ignore the news for a couple weeks or check frequently. Both are scary.

• Upvote 14
  • I Agree 3

More reasons for impeachment.

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 8
  • Thank You 2

When are people going to take down their Trump banners, flags and signs?  I still see a lot of them in my small town and the two small towns near me (in Iowa). Do they still believe the election results will change? After Wednesday's atrocities how can they still display Trump anything? There is absolutely nothing to be proud of! I have COPD or I'd be running up in yards and porches yanking those suckers down. I hated seeing them before the election, but now they are so incredibly offensive.

Edited by Not that josh's mom
  • Upvote 1
  • Sad 1
  • WTF 2
  • I Agree 10

1 minute ago, Not that josh's mom said:

When are people going to take down their Trump banners, flags and signs?  I still see a lot of them in my small town and the two small towns near me (in Iowa). Do they still believe the election results will change? After Wednesday's atrocities how can they still display Trump anything? There is absolutely nothing to be proud of!

Just drove by one this afternoon. I wanted to set it on fire. 

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 3

• Upvote 5
  • Thank You 1
  • Love 18

12 minutes ago, Not that josh's mom said:

Do they still believe the election results will change?

According to my cousin who is a Trump fanatic, yes. She made several posts today saying that Trump will be using elements of the Constitution to restore himself to power. She has ignored all questions about what exactly these elements are. She has gotten several replies from fellow Trump fanatics saying it isn’t over and there will be four more years of Trump. I have decided these people aren’t living in the same world we are. They will not allow facts or reality into their fantasy world. There is no way to reach them. 

Edited by formergothardite
  • Upvote 11
  • Disgust 1
  • WTF 2
  • I Agree 9

1 minute ago, formergothardite said:

According to my cousin who is a Trump fanatic, yes. She made several posts today saying that Trump will be using elements of the Constitution to restore himself to power. She has ignored all questions about what exactly these elements are. She has gotten several replies from fellow Trump fanatics saying it isn’t over and there will be four more years of Trump. I have decided these people aren’t living in the same world we are. They will not allow facts or reality into their fantasy world. There is no way to reach. 

I do not want to live in their world. I am a very stubborn person in general, but I'm not delusional. 

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 2

Awwww fuck face is mad cause he invited Nazi class pieces of shit to DC and doesn’t like how low class they are. 

• Upvote 7
  • WTF 3
  • Thank You 1

50 minutes ago, formergothardite said:

I have decided these people aren’t living in the same world we are. They will not allow facts or reality into their fantasy world. There is no way to reach them.

They have a new leader, a new deity - the reason for the treason.

• Upvote 10
  • Haha 1

Trump may still be facing legal charges for this coup attempt.  Do some of you really believe he would try it again?

I'm not saying he wouldn't want to, but he's going to need to be very, very careful about what he says and does from here on out.  No executive privilege after Jan. 20th.

Also, some of his base is already pissed at him for the video he made the day after.  I can see more falling by the wayside when he fails to pardon the insurrectionists.

Maybe I'm being too optimistic, but I just don't see him having much power from here on out. 

• Upvote 3

15 minutes ago, kpmom said:

Trump may still be facing legal charges for this coup attempt.  Do some of you really believe he would try it again?

I'm not saying he wouldn't want to, but he's going to need to be very, very careful about what he says and does from here on out.  No executive privilege after Jan. 20th.

I think the chances of a successful Trump coup are basically nil at this point. However, I think in true narcissistic fashion, now that he didn't get his way, since he has zero loyalty or affection for anyone or anything other than himself, he will set fire (figuratively or literally) to whatever he can on his way out. That means as much inauguration disruption as possible, up to and including encouraging his supporters to storm Biden's swearing in and/or the White House and Capitol again. It will set a really damaging precedent for disaffected actors for years. 

I think he's alienated the military enough at this point that it would likely ignore any insane "drop the nukes" commands. (I am still REALLY interested on how that order from Pence to deploy the National Guard bypassed Trump and was still obeyed. There's a story there.)

My biggest immediate fear is one of these yahoos shooting Biden. My (much bigger) long term fear is how to fashion a functioning democracy with this large of a percentage of the population that is this deranged and frankly has no respect for democracy itself or the rule of law. 

But as for Trump himself, after January 20th his power will be on a steep decline. Republican politicians will distance themselves from him (even if they continue to employ some of his tactics), and Trump will be too caught up in lawsuits to have much bandwidth for anything else. 

Edited by nausicaa
  • Upvote 19
  • I Agree 2

9 minutes ago, nausicaa said:

But as for Trump himself, after January 20th his power will be on a steep decline. Republican politicians will distance themselves from him (even if they continue to employ some of his tactics), and Trump will be too caught up in lawsuits to have much bandwidth for anything else. 

Also, there is some likelihood that the State of New York will be bringing criminal charges against Trump and possibly some of his family members as soon as Trump no longer has his presidential immunity. He also has a lot of debt that is coming due (something similar to balloon payments) and although he grifted a lot of campaign money, there are a lot of constraints on how it can be used. At this point, he may be too radioactive for ANYONE to want to loan him more money, even the Russians. 

I've seen speculation that Georgia could bring criminal charges for when he was trying to lean on the SOS to change the vote counts. 

It is going to be a tough ten days still, but I hope the Trump Family crime spree is going to soon come to an end. 

Edited by FiveAcres
  • Upvote 10
  • I Agree 8

I think it's gone beyond Trump by now. Even if his babysitters give him enough crayons to eat and he behaves, there are some in the mob who incite each other and violence is a very real possibility still.

• Upvote 14
  • I Agree 5

1 hour ago, formergothardite said:

There is no way to reach them. 

Were they always ticking time bombs just waiting on someone to let loose the crazy? Or were they just impressionable types who happened to get caught up in this and otherwise would have led normal lives?

I just can't wrap my mind around it. If Biden supporters had stormed the Capitol smearing feces and threatening to kill Sanders during the primaries I would have completely lost my shit. I can't comprehend having no objective principles. 

I can have a conversation with people who think abortion is murder. I can have a conversation with people who think we are the world's policeman and so needed to go into Iraq. I don't understand how we are supposed to communicate with a group that believes up is down and the sky is lime green and elites are running a pedophile ring and sending secret signals about it through the media and JFK Jr. has risen from the dead to rescue us along with God's appointed-own Donald Trump. It's like trying to reason with the homeless man who is shouting that he is Osama bin Laden. 

• Upvote 21

• Destiny pinned this topic
  • GreyhoundFan locked this topic
  • GreyhoundFan unpinned this topic