IGNORED

2020 Election Results 11: Domestic Terrorists And An Eternity Until Inauguration

GreyhoundFan

2 hours ago, Destiny said:

I found this. Too little, too late Teddy, the leopard you set lose ate your damn face. 

Spoiler

tenor.gif?itemid=12752431

• Upvote 13

15 minutes ago, AmazonGrace said:

From what I can figure, the problem boils down to the Pentagon and the DC police chief.   The Pentagon was restricting ammunition and gear and the DC police chief was refusing help.  The curious thing to me is that the DC chief, a 25 year police veteran is supposed to be an expert in "critical incident management".  Wouldn't a critical incident management expert notice pretty quickly that more resources were needed?   Let's be honest -- this was a fairly critical incident.

He was appointed chief four years ago.  I think that must be why he is insisting on the later resignation date.  He started in January 2017.  Maybe they're letting him get his "years" in.  

To be fair, there were hard feelings between the Pentagon and Bowser, the DC mayor.  She started insisting that they clear it with her before sending resources since they deployed people against the BLM march who weren't wearing any ID.  She was right about that.  But, you know how things like that get blown out of proportion and the Pentagon might not have been in any hurry to help.

That being said, I still think this involves the DC chief and the new Pentagon know-nothings that Trump installed.  I still smell a rat.

3 minutes ago, AmazonGrace said:

It looks like a policeman  died after all. 

Wonder why it was denied.

I'm not sure why they denied it.  The story that I've read is that he was hit in the head with a fire extinguisher.  (At first they said he had a stroke but that would still possibly make sense.  If he was injured, the hemorrhage and resulting clot could be considered a stroke.)  Now the terrorists can be accused of murder.

• Upvote 15

4 hours ago, Ozlsn said:

If they attended the rally, well I disagree with them but they have the right to free speech. The minute they stepped over the boundary into trespass and vandalism though - prosecute them. 

Oh absolutely - I have no problem with anyone attending a peaceful rally. 

• Upvote 7

More deaths than Benghazi. I am looking forward to House Republicans grilling Trump on stand for 11 hours.

I hate Ted Cruz. 

• Upvote 13
  • I Agree 6
  • Thank You 2

3 hours ago, AmazonGrace said:

Cry more, Josh boy.

I feel like any politician participating in this should go directly to jail, be banned from ever owning guns and never be able to run for office again.

• Upvote 12
  • I Agree 19

I love this take from Jon Rogers (show runner/screenwriter for shows like Leverage) (also, if you’re a big enough dumbass to be doing this crap with your work badge on, Good, it made it stupid easy for the twitterverse to find your employer and get you fired.

• Upvote 9

So Stupid, his family,  and too many I'm-with-stupids in the administration thought they could stop the certification for Biden-Harris by taking over the Capitol building. They installed flunkies in the Pentagon to make sure the Capitol wasn't properly protected during the vote counting.  Despite the online chatter about insurrection on January 6, the administration refused to allow proper precautions for protecting the Capitol building.

Twitter keeps showing a few photos of terrorists wearing paramilitary kit and carrying zip ties for taking hostages. A gallows was installed outside the Capitol. How many people in the administration knew that this just wasn't stupid cosplay gone bad? 

And a police officer died. They can add cop killers to their resume as well. 

• Upvote 29

Confirmation this morning that a Police Officer did die

Oh look - wearing an Apple watch to the insurrection.

And the FBI (and that's a whole thread)

• Upvote 12
  • Thank You 1

7 hours ago, thoughtful said:

All of the rats deserting Trump bring up my mind's need to try to figure out the proportion of evil to stupid in their brains, like I always need to do with the fundies. I know they are hateful shits who mostly cared about their own ambition.

But the idea that they'd look at that guy and think "Yeah, I'll hitch my wagon to that star! That's the way to fame and fortune and power!" and stick with him for years, just boggles my mind.

Except that hitching their horses to his wagon ALMOST worked!  The states that flipped to blue so easily could have gone the other way and I am still amazed at how many un-Americans voted for trump. 

Imagine if orange ? got reelected. The horse hitchers would be our rulers.

Or if pence hadn't finally gotten some balls and forced the NG to be allowed in. All those slimy cretins would be taking over.  I think that coup was much closer to being successful than people realize.

And we better learn from it. Not just to put up better barricades, but to realize that free speech, while incredibly important, cannot mean lieing (I can never remember how to spell the act of telling lies dammit), spewing false accusations, misleading, and inciting with impunity. ESPECIALLY from our government. The free speech we need to regulate is that of anyone running for or in public office, in a place of power over others who depend on them, and groups claiming to report the news.

I am not suggesting these people cannot have an opinion, but before they state something as fact they need to be able to cite an actual real study/report/show evidence of/etc.

If we the people don't find a way to regulate the "free speech" of the people in power it's only a matter of time (2024)?) before this happens again.

It's one thing if I say aliens have taken over the bodies of everyone in Florida. It's another thing when the snake oil politicians say it.

Sorry for the novel. Thanks for letting me write it. You guys are the best, even if you don't know me from Adam. Also the Florida thing might be true! LOL

Edited by dpndetfarm
very-no. over-yes
  • Upvote 28

4 minutes ago, Becky said:

Bullshit!  He is just trying to wash off some of the Trump stink now that it is a liability.  What a hypocritical shitweasel!

He's also watching the monumental load of hate Hawley is getting and thinking - oh crap I need to save my own ass now. 

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 14

13 minutes ago, clueliss said:

He's also watching the monumental load of hate Hawley is getting and thinking - oh crap I need to save my own ass now. 

He probably is looking for a book deal - don't they all put out a book before seeking nomination?  I hope he becomes just as radioactive as Hawley - even MORE so, because he has been at this shitweaseling in Congress for YEARS!  

• Upvote 18

30 minutes ago, Becky said:

Bullshit!  He is just trying to wash off some of the Trump stink now that it is a liability.  What a hypocritical shitweasel!

That stink pulses through his veins so it will never wash off

• Upvote 13
  • I Agree 3

37 minutes ago, Becky said:

He probably is looking for a book deal - don't they all put out a book before seeking nomination?  I hope he becomes just as radioactive as Hawley - even MORE so, because he has been at this shitweaseling in Congress for YEARS!  

I would say yes - but then Hawley lost a book deal yesterday. 

• Upvote 12
  • I Agree 2

Is it possible for Schumer to strip Cruz and Hawley of their committee assignments? Would love to see Cruz get his ass kicked off Judiciary.

• Upvote 14
  • I Agree 11

This video was the first thing I saw when  I woke up this morning, and now I’m a mess of tears. This is what happens when you make the press and imaginary things a bogeyman.

I’m glad there were some rational helpers in this crowd, and I’m glad the guy wasn’t hurt more than the bruises I’m sure he got from being thrown off that wall. 

• Upvote 3
  • Sad 12
  • WTF 4
  • I Agree 9

7 hours ago, Xan said:

From what I can figure, the problem boils down to the Pentagon and the DC police chief.   The Pentagon was restricting ammunition and gear and the DC police chief was refusing help.  The curious thing to me is that the DC chief, a 25 year police veteran is supposed to be an expert in "critical incident management".  Wouldn't a critical incident management expert notice pretty quickly that more resources were needed?   Let's be honest -- this was a fairly critical incident.

I have one correction. It's the US Capitol Police chief, not the DC Metropolitan Police  chief who refused assistance. MPD has an acting chief, as theirs left to become chief in Prince William County, VA recently. USCP is a strange department, which operates in a wacky bubble. As they are directly funded by congress, they see themselves as separate and don't always play nice with other departments. I live in the DC area and the local news has been examining this closely. I'm hoping some major changes come from this.

23 minutes ago, SPHASH said:

Is it possible for Schumer to strip Cruz and Hawley of their committee assignments? Would love to see Cruz get his ass kicked off Judiciary.

I don't believe so. I believe that each party chooses the assignments of their members. Maybe Mitch will give a crap (yeah, I know, I'm dreaming) and remove them from their assignments, like was done for Steve "Adolf" King in the House.

• Upvote 2
  • Thank You 13

• GreyhoundFan locked this topic
  • GreyhoundFan unpinned this topic