IGNORED

2020 Election Results 11: Domestic Terrorists And An Eternity Until Inauguration

GreyhoundFan

26 minutes ago, AmazonGrace said:

If they haven't worked out by now that Trump's only loyalty is to himself, well...

29 minutes ago, Destiny said:

I'm pretty sure breaking down a door, stealing a sign, and stealing something from her office is the definition of vandalism. Karen's not the brightest is she?

Not if she's admitting all this to a camera crew. And yet she will be shocked! Shocked I tell you! when the FBI breaks down her door and arrests her.

• Upvote 20
  • I Agree 7

4 minutes ago, Ozlsn said:

Not if she's admitting all this to a camera crew. And yet she will be shocked! Shocked I tell you! when the FBI breaks down her door and arrests her.

It sounds like they are legit going after these people, as well they should. I saw somewhere, I can't remember where now, that the FBI was having DHS put some of these people on the no fly list. My heart bleeds for them. 

• Upvote 17
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 5

1 minute ago, AmazonGrace said:

I hope they never fly again.

One way to North Korea 

• Upvote 8

2 minutes ago, Destiny said:

It sounds like they are legit going after these people, as well they should. I saw somewhere, I can't remember where now, that the FBI was having DHS put some of these people on the no fly list. My heart bleeds for them. 

Quoting myself to say I remembered incorrectly. It was the Homeland Security Committee in the House asked for it, not the FBI. 

Edit: whoops, cross-posted with @AmazonGrace.

Edited by Destiny
  • Upvote 4
  • Thank You 1

24 minutes ago, Cartmann99 said:

OT:  I used to think it was “Bringing In The Sheets”(as in laundry).

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 17

25 minutes ago, clueliss said:

Ohhhhh this is a dandy.

Lets review here for those who aren’t in Missouri.

josh Hawley when he was MO AG went after Republican governor Eric Greitens.  Who among many issues had a whole kinky sex scandal/photo issues with a woman who wasn’t his wife (prior to being in office).  Greitens resigned.  The bit that Claire is quoting here (note, Hawley beat McCaskell for her Senate seat using deep money) is Eric Greitens wife.  She’s schooling him on free market 

I'm in the middle of listening to Sarah Kendzior's book about Trump and I heard this very anecdote this morning while doing the dishes.

I knew her book was recent, but man, this truly is "current events"! :pb_lol:

24 minutes ago, Destiny said:

I feel like this needs to be said, and I want to buy this 9th grader the snack of their choice, and toss a little into their college fund. 

I'm impressed with how articulate and aware the kid is, yes, but -- have Congresspeople actually been complaining about the threat to themselves?  Everything I've seen (admittedly not much) is expressing outrage at the breach and damage to the building, and to the processes of democracy, not about their own safety.  Not that they shouldn't be able to express that as well, but I just didn't get the idea that that was the overwhelming tone, and certainly not enough to annoy.  What am I missing?

Edited by church_of_dog
  • Upvote 10
  • I Agree 7

29 minutes ago, adidas said:

I was going to post this on the JillRod and TraceLawson threads but I’ll put it here because it’s appropriate for every fundie who attended the riots. This event was planned on Parler (where they all have accounts) for weeks. It was NOT planned as a peaceful protest. The fundies insisting they only went as part of a quiet demonstration are lying. They went there with violent intent, and if they squeal that they ‘didn’t know’ or ‘mean to be involved’ in a violent terrorists attack - well, that’s no defence in a court of law.

https://www.news.com.au/world/north-america/us-politics/violent-stop-the-steal-rally-organised-by-trump-supporters-weeks-in-advance-online/news-story/665a6f4547a79c13332e3b032d22454c

If they attended the rally, well I disagree with them but they have the right to free speech. The minute they stepped over the boundary into trespass and vandalism though - prosecute them. 

• Upvote 12
  • I Agree 5

Per CNN, it sounds like the DC US Attorney is going to go after these people for sedition. That's ... not a a small prison sentence as I understand it, though I'm not 100% sure since I've never been interested in committing that particular crime. I might have a complicated relationship with my patriotism, but actively trying to hurt this country wouldn't happen. 

Edited by Destiny
  • Upvote 6
  • Thank You 11
  • Love 6

I'm wondering whether Pence might not want to 25th Trump because a) he'd then be under pressure to issue him and his spawn pardons and b) it would remove any possibility of Trump pardoning him.

I imagine some interesting negotiations are going on.

• Upvote 14

2 minutes ago, church_of_dog said:

I'm impressed with how articulate and aware the kid is, yes, but -- have Congresspeople actually been complaining about the threat to themselves?

I've seen one or two mention that they weren't thrilled about an attack on their workplace like that, and express how terrifying the hide and evacuation was for them. It isn't a huge narrative, no argument, but I feel like we've let the idea of stuff like this get too normal. No one should have training for mass shooting ANYWHERE in this country. It's probably at least somewhat OT, but I think it's a side of this that we shouldn't forget. 

I have a headache from hell, so expressing complex thought isn't my strong suit today, so I hope that makes sense.

DeVos just quit too. Spineless coward. If she really wanted to do something, she'd help boot his guy out. 

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 11
  • Love 4

And since we’re mostly a bunch of little house fans, this is the actress that played Cassandra in the later seasons and is now and economic reporter.

• Haha 14

41 minutes ago, AmazonGrace said:

Karen explains: it's not vandalism if white people are doing it

An update:

MIDLAND, Texas (KOSA) - Midlander Jenny Cudd says she’s gotten seven death threats at her business since she participated in the riot at the U.S. Capitol Wednesday.

In a post on her Facebook page, Cudd says, “I did not do anything illegal, vandalize, or hurt anyone.”

She also wrote that the media is blowing the riot out of proportion, creating fear and spreading lies.

At least four people died in the riot.

Cudd posted a video on her Facebook page Wednesday afternoon, proudly telling viewers that she stormed the Capitol. She talked about people tearing down Speaker Nancy Pelosi’s officer doors and stealing her gavel and the general chaos all over the building.

She told CBS7 that she plans to be at a future protest with a gas mask.

Copyright 2021 KOSA. All rights reserved.

• Upvote 5
  • WTF 6
  • Thank You 7

9 minutes ago, Destiny said:

I've seen one or two mention that they weren't thrilled about an attack on their workplace like that, and express how terrifying the hide and evacuation was for them. It isn't a huge narrative, no argument, but I feel like we've let the idea of stuff like this get too normal. No one should have training for mass shooting ANYWHERE in this country. It's probably at least somewhat OT, but I think it's a side of this that we shouldn't forget. 

Nowhere else has this. Seriously, we don't have mass shooter drills. We have fire drills, we've had some drills which were about chemical leaks (work near labs, get special drills), and we did have bomb drills in school growing up - but we don't have mass shooter drills in either work or school. This is not a normal thing for most of the world.

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 10
  • Love 1

3 minutes ago, Ozlsn said:

Nowhere else has this. Seriously, we don't have mass shooter drills. We have fire drills, we've had some drills which were about chemical leaks (work near labs, get special drills), and we did have bomb drills in school growing up - but we don't have mass shooter drills in either work or school. This is not a normal thing for most of the world.

This is true. We don’t have mass shooter drills either. We don’t live in fear because every other person on the street could pull out a weapon of war and kill you if the fancy takes them.

The rest of the world is appalled about the US refusing to protect children because ‘mah guns, mah freedom’. It boggles the mind.

• Upvote 16
  • I Agree 8
  • Love 1

32 minutes ago, clueliss said:

Tucker Carlson is pivoting 

Tucker Carlson is monkey poop stuck to the Oval Office’s walls

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 3

41 minutes ago, smittykins said:

OT:  I used to think it was “Bringing In The Sheets”(as in laundry).

I used to think it was "Bringing In The Sheep"

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 11
  • I Agree 3

22 minutes ago, Ozlsn said:

We do have “lockdown” drills in schools these days, which are effectively the same (lock doors, close blinds, turn out lights, hide under desks). The only times I’ve known of actual lockdowns though have been when a non-custodial parent has arrived at the school spouting threats and demanding to take their child. Oh and when a school is geographically very close to a recent crime scene and the perpetrator hasn’t been caught yet. But that’s nothing like the actual, real threat of a shooter that these poor American children live with. I’m not aware of any times a firearm has been brought into school grounds (not just at schools I/my husband have taught at, but generally nation-wide).

1 hour ago, clueliss said:

Cancelled!  Hawley is whining on Twitter because Simon and Schuster cancelled his book.

Struggling writer here, with a lot of American critique partners... can I get a bit more detail about where in the first amendment everyone is guaranteed a book deal?

• Upvote 5
  • Haha 1
  • I Agree 3

32 minutes ago, fraurosena said:

This is true. We don’t have mass shooter drills either. We don’t live in fear because every other person on the street could pull out a weapon of war and kill you if the fancy takes them.

The rest of the world is appalled about the US refusing to protect children because ‘mah guns, mah freedom’. It boggles the mind.

As an American, plenty of us are appalled too. I've only lived in places where carrying a firearm is basically illegal (New Jersey and San Francisco area CA), and I don't know anyone who's ever owned a gun, so gun culture is pretty foreign to me too. The fact that the kid in Kenosha could be considered acting in self defence when he walked into the crowd with a huge gun strapped to his chest is mind boggling. 

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 10

1 hour ago, clueliss said:

Tucker Carlson is pivoting 

He can sit on a stick while he pivots for all I care ?

Edited by Skyline
  • Upvote 4
  • I Agree 4

• GreyhoundFan locked this topic
  • GreyhoundFan unpinned this topic