Jump to content
  • Sky
  • Blueberry
  • Slate
  • Blackcurrant
  • Watermelon
  • Strawberry
  • Orange
  • Banana
  • Apple
  • Emerald
  • Chocolate
  • Charcoal
Coconut Flan

Lawson Bates 5: Thinking He Knows What He's Doing

Recommended Posts

JermajestyDuggar
18 minutes ago, JordynDarby5 said:

Watching Trace courting Chaney, I'm not sure he wanted a girlfriend. At least then. He talked about having to come up with things to do with a girlfriend while with his friends he could just get up and go. He didn't couldn't even come up with anything to do with Chaney. He went to ask Zach who gave him ideas.  He never really seemed like he wanted to be with Chaney. 

See that’s just crazy to me. My husband and I enjoyed spending time together no matter what we were doing. When we first got together, we didn’t do anything special or amazing. We went out to eat. We watched movies on his couch. We went for walks. And we just had fun together. It’s weird that he struggled to find things to do. Couldn’t they just hang out together and have fun? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ophelia
On 1/16/2021 at 7:24 PM, JermajestyDuggar said:

Mark my words. Tiffany and Lawson won’t last. Another break up for a Bates boy. But don’t worry. Lawson will milk it for all it’s worth. He will write songs about his broken heart and post ultra posed somber pictures on instagram. 

I think you are absolutely right and the thought of it made me puke in my mouth a little bit.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Nothing if not critical
9 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

See that’s just crazy to me. My husband and I enjoyed spending time together no matter what we were doing. When we first got together, we didn’t do anything special or amazing. We went out to eat. We watched movies on his couch. We went for walks. And we just had fun together. It’s weird that he struggled to find things to do. Couldn’t they just hang out together and have fun? 

I think it's the patriarchal narrative coming into play here: according to it, men and women are so different they might as well be a different species, girls are only interested in shopping and makeup while the guys do "manly" stuff like shooting and riding, and so forth... I think that's the reason why they feel they can't just hang out together. Instead, they have to pretend to be interested in the girls' lives while they're courting, even though they'd rather have fun with the guys.

Such a toxic world view, and also such a sad way to view relationships. Sigh.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
OHFL2009
4 hours ago, Nothing if not critical said:

I think it's the patriarchal narrative coming into play here: according to it, men and women are so different they might as well be a different species, girls are only interested in shopping and makeup while the guys do "manly" stuff like shooting and riding, and so forth... I think that's the reason why they feel they can't just hang out together. Instead, they have to pretend to be interested in the girls' lives while they're courting, even though they'd rather have fun with the guys.

Such a toxic world view, and also such a sad way to view relationships. Sigh.

 

I also think in the case of Trace and Chaney, it may have had something to do with being long distance. Maybe he felt like since they only had limited time to spend together and one of them had to travel a fair distance every time they were together, he was expected to make it "special" as opposed to just hanging out. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Lgirlrocks
1 hour ago, OHFL2009 said:

I also think in the case of Trace and Chaney, it may have had something to do with being long distance. Maybe he felt like since they only had limited time to spend together and one of them had to travel a fair distance every time they were together, he was expected to make it "special" as opposed to just hanging out. 

Males aren’t allowed to just be friends with females. If they could just be friends first it would save a lot of heart ache down the road. Most of my friends are males. We go out to eat, watch hockey games, talk on the phone, watch movies, and spend time together. Zero pressure for it to be more than that. It’s a good way to see if you can make a relationship work. My ex and I were friends first. Because of that we found out we loved a lot of the same things. We would go to the movies together, watch shows, try new restaurants, or just lay on the couch and talk. It was wonderful to have a relationship that wasn’t just about the physical aspects. Chaney may have wanted to just hang out but they couldn’t really do that without having someone else around. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Bobology
1 hour ago, OHFL2009 said:

Maybe he felt like since they only had limited time to spend together and one of them had to travel a fair distance every time they were together, he was expected to make it "special" as opposed to just hanging out.

This sounds very likely. The film crew also has to pitch ideas and set up scenarios that are acted out because they need to attract and keep viewers. The can't have the show full of the Bates' jesus bible babble or Gil's oppressive ways or KJ holding her head and screeching that their lives are such chaos all the time. So scenarios are invented, probably rehearsed and then filmed. Actually I kind of think KJ's screeching about chaos is planned. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.