IGNORED

M is for Mama 10: Another Narcissist Another Day

Coconut Flan

3 hours ago, Bluebirdbluebell said:

I  had a teacher who had a snake. Having a snake is not insane, but adding it to her overly crowded household when you're a terrible pet owner is awful!

What she posted was insane. But she’s all about stirring it up.The last thing they need besides another kid, is a free roaming snake.

• Upvote 4

10 hours ago, Snarkasarus Rex said:

Jill Rodrigues in slightly better packaging. You’re both narcissistic hypocrites. 

One of the best things I've ever read on FJ!!

They have a snake now???? Even typing this makes me feel so so uncomfortable. I'm not sure I can check her insta again since I'm so creeped out by snakes.

I don't want to offend anybody that likes snakes or has them as a pet (besides Abbie since she is an awful person in general).

• Upvote 8

4 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

So they have a dog, two lizards, a bird, and a snake? Am I missing any? She’s not content with collecting children and rugs. Now she’s collecting animals? Anything for the likes.

You are. She’s quick to remind everyone that they also have 8 cats outside.

• WTF 7

6 hours ago, SassyPants said:

What she posted was insane. But she’s all about stirring it up.The last thing they need besides another kid, is a free roaming snake.

Okay my teacher kept her snake in a glass case. She would let students take the snake out on designated times and put it back in it's cage. Free-roaming sounds nuts. 

She has a dog, two lizards, two birds, and a snake. And 8 cats on the property. I bet her cats aren't neutered. I remembered she bred her dog. She is so irresponsible. 

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 5

A free roaming snake? Really? Like that you are sleeping and wake up with that on the bed? I know many snakes are not dangerous at all. But... just... no thank you. And shouldn't fundies be scared of snakes, considering Adam and Eve story?

• Upvote 3

1 minute ago, Melissa1977 said:

A free roaming snake? Really? Like that you are sleeping and wake up with that on the bed? I know many snakes are not dangerous at all. But... just... no thank you. And shouldn't fundies be scared of snakes, considering Adam and Eve story?

I'd be afraid someone would step on the snake and hurt it. Animals deserve better, too even snakes. 

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 2

1 hour ago, Melissa1977 said:

And now I have nightmares.
Abbie really never seizes to amaze me - in the worst possible way.

• I Agree 3

I don't think the snake is free roaming.  I'm sorry if my post intimated as much - I was just amazed that they would have such a small snake outside it's enclosure, let alone eating outside.  

She can't keep her toddlers from flooding the bathroom on a semi-regular basis - how is she going to keep them away from all these new pets?  

And remember, they have 2 dogs - they kept one of the puppies.  So it's 2 dogs, 2 birds, a lizard/s, a snake, and outdoor cats (that we NEVER see).

ETA: I am a snake lover who is not offended in the least by anyone else's dislike of them.  I get it; it's a built-in genetic fear, for good reasons.  I've never been scared of them, for some odd reason.  Same with spiders. My first job was in the live animal room of a science museum and I took care of snakes; there were a couple that totally won me over.  But I repeat - they can be quite complicated to care for and they are a LOUSY pet for a busy household full of little kids.

Edited by danvillebelle
  • Upvote 13
  • Love 2

I’m one of those irrational fear snake people. We go to the zoo and I refuse to go near the snake enclosure. It gives me enormous anxiety. HOWEVER I also believe snakes should be treated just like any other animal. And if a pet snake is mistreated, I’m just as sickened as if it was a cat or dog. 

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 4
  • Love 1

I’m terrified by snakes. One of my last roommates kept a snake that I discovered accidentally and I don’t think I’ll ever get over it. But I’m also really creeped out by all reptiles. When I was growing up a store called Debbys Petland kept a very large iguana/lizard of some sort in its front window and it just scared the bejezus out of me every time we went there. I think it’s something about the live animals they eat. Ew. (Please, please, please people who love iguanas/snakes/etc please don’t start posting pictures of them. I understand that you love them but even pictures make me scared.)

Those animals must all live horrible lives. The older kids are too busy taking care of the younger ones to give much attention to the pets.

• Upvote 7

7 minutes ago, anachronistic said:

I’m terrified by snakes. One of my last roommates kept a snake that I discovered accidentally and I don’t think I’ll ever get over it. But I’m also really creeped out by all reptiles. When I was growing up a store called Debbys Petland kept a very large iguana/lizard of some sort in its front window and it just scared the bejezus out of me every time we went there. I think it’s something about the live animals they eat. Ew. (Please, please, please people who love iguanas/snakes/etc please don’t start posting pictures of them. I understand that you love them but even pictures make me scared.)

Those animals must all live horrible lives. The older kids are too busy taking care of the younger ones to give much attention to the pets.

Even though I have an extreme fear of snakes, I’m not afraid of reptiles in general. Lizards are fine. I really like most turtles (not snapping turtles). But I am very afraid of alligators and crocs. 

• Upvote 3

I had an absurd dream that I saw a TLC commercial with Braggie and her family. TLC was going to give them a show. I am very glad this was only a dream.

Edited by luv2laugh
  • Rufus Bless 3
  • WTF 1

While I prefer warm, furry animals my brother-in-law is a veterinarian with a special love for snakes. He always has several kinds, many were surrendered by people who got tired of them. When he built his veterinary office he included a large room in the basement just for his snake habitat and breeds many bug species that the snakes eat. His snakes live a long time and he told me once that the average snake kept as a pet only survives about a year. As others here have noted, they are complicated lifeforms. He even wrote a textbook on snake care. Just though I'd share. I predict Abbie's snake will last only a couple of months.

• Upvote 13
  • Love 7

30 minutes ago, So-Virgin-It-Hurts said:

While I prefer warm, furry animals my brother-in-law is a veterinarian with a special love for snakes. He always has several kinds, many were surrendered by people who got tired of them. When he built his veterinary office he included a large room in the basement just for his snake habitat and breeds many bug species that the snakes eat. His snakes live a long time and he told me once that the average snake kept as a pet only survives about a year. As others here have noted, they are complicated lifeforms. He even wrote a textbook on snake care. Just though I'd share. I predict Abbie's snake will last only a couple of months.

Bless your BIL for adding more to the body of knowledge for the hobby, and for giving a home to surrendered snakes! 

Braggie's resident snake will probably unfortunately be allowed to escape, crushed, overfed, or it will bite someone and she will insist they get rid of it. 

I met a diamond python (met as in held her for about 10-15 minutes and had my photo taken with her) at a reptile expo a couple of years ago and just fell head over heels for the breed.  It's my retirement dream pet.  Hopefully someday. ❤️ 

We have lots of Texas rat snakes around us, I saw 3 babies while gardening last spring and found 2 adult skins in the yard.  They are great, they keep the mice away. 

• Upvote 7

3 minutes ago, danvillebelle said:

We have lots of Texas rat snakes around us, I saw 3 babies while gardening last spring and found 2 adult skins in the yard.  They are great, they keep the mice away

I usually have a soft spot for the less loved animals. I like possums because they eat ticks even though people think they are ugly. I like bats because they eat mosquitos. There is currently a bat hibernating in my chimney. This happens every year. I am planning on closing up the chimney this year but I have to wait until the bat leaves in spring. I don’t want to bother him even though he bothers me every single warm winter night because my bed is right by the chimney. Sigh. He keeps me up a lot. Mr Bat drives me batty but I don’t want to harm him. 

• Upvote 4
  • Love 8

I'm scared of big snakes. My teacher's snake was small. 

I would love to get a pet, but right now things are tight and it's not feasible right now. If I was a fundie, I could get one because fundies are irresponsible.

19 hours ago, luv2laugh said:

I had an absurd dream that I saw a TLC commercial with Braggie and her family. TLC was going to give them a show. I am very glad this was only a dream.

I wouldn't be surprised if she got a show someday. I also could see her marrying off the older boys to the Duggar/Bates girls. 

I think most snakes are cute(I lurk on r/snakes and r/Sneks), but there’s several reasons why they wouldn’t be a good choice of pet for me:  I rent, I have a cat, and I don’t think I could provide the proper care.

• Upvote 2

In her stories for Shiloh’s birthday, Shiloh kept hitting theo and Della was the one to say no and try to stop him from doing it. Braggie was silent. So I guess Della is his mom now. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sad 11
  • WTF 2

This is the saddest birthday post. Maybe I'm reading too much into it but it feels like Abbie has emotionally moved on from Shiloh. It comes across as impersonal. She loves his winsome smiles? Wow. Abbie really knows her kids like the back of her hand. Also, the idea of Shiloh "taking Honor down" with a chokehold is really awful. That's not a cute personality trait that mom should be highlighting on a birthday post. That should be a behavior that Abbie is working on correcting. Especially given the fact the her last post was about how nice and kind all her children are to each other. And where's the donut? Every b-day post always has a pathetic donut in front of the kid. 

Spoiler

672275864_Screenshot_20210206-1056312.png.4e25f050fda5ce499b2cc3de0e14bb1e.png143442141_Screenshot_20210206-1056392.png.3e994fc42d5c71ea0909c08c1837a944.png

Edited by SuperNova
  • Upvote 7
  • I Agree 2

12 minutes ago, SuperNova said:

This is the saddest birthday post. Maybe I'm reading too much into it but it feels like Abbie has emotionally moved on from Shiloh. It comes across as impersonal. She loves his winsome smiles? Wow. Abbie really knows her kids like the back of her hand. Also, the idea of Shiloh "taking Honor down" with a chokehold is really awful. That's not a cute personality trait that mom should be highlighting on a birthday post. That should be a behavior that Abbie should working on correcting. Especially given the fact the her last post was all about how nice and kind all her children are to each other. And where's the donut? Every kid b-day post always has a pathetic donut in front of the kid. 

Hide contents

I follow Braggie on Instagram and I have never seen her be able to explain anything unique about her kids. I believe she views them all as a unit and as her possessions/helpmeets. At least Michelle Duggar uses the same words for all of them like, "precious" "sweet" or "such a servant's heart".

Edited by luv2laugh
  • Upvote 2
  • I Agree 2

18 minutes ago, luv2laugh said:

I follow Braggie on Instagram and I have never seen her be able to explain anything unique about her kids. I believe she views them all as a unit and as her possessions/helpmeets. At least Michelle Duggar uses the same words for all of them like, "precious" "sweet" or "such a servant's heart".

Agreed. It's like there's a fundy handbook of approved traits for children and they all use the same ones. Can't have kids showing personality, or as Michelle Duggar would say, "indiviggy-ality".

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 3

Shiloh has been thought of as a two year old because Braggie had twins and immediately promoted him to 2 years old. While expecting him to act like a 2 year old. She’s pushed him to be older and will continue to do so for years to come. Just like she’s pushed her oldest three to be parents, cooks, and maids for years. 

• Upvote 12
  • Sad 3
  • I Agree 6

5 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Shiloh has been thought of as a two year old because Braggie had twins and immediately promoted him to 2 years old. While expecting him to act like a 2 year old. She’s pushed him to be older and will continue to do so for years to come. Just like she’s pushed her oldest three to be parents, cooks, and maids for years. 

Yeah that really stood out to me too. 18 months and 2 are really quite different developmentally speaking, and most parents would recognise that and treat the child appropriately - not decide that they were 2, and expect them to act it!

Also the bit about liking the 2 year old stage, but not 3 year old made me really sad for Shiloh.  I hope he has a good year.

7 hours ago, SuperNova said:

Also, the idea of Shiloh "taking Honor down" with a chokehold is really awful

That's part of those attention seeking negative behaviours Abbie keeps reinforcing I think. Any attention is better than none.

• Upvote 11

Shiloh was promoted to at least four years old. He was expected to act more mature than any two year old I've known.. I knew another fundie who expected her two year old to grow up fast, as she was pregnant for the third time by the oldest child's first birthday. 

The whole post read passive aggressive to me. 

I can't tell if that "chokehold" is meant to describe an aggressive hug or wrestling match.

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 2

In her stories, Braggie shared pictures of the kids dressed as "Native Americans" with paint on their faces, praising their "creativity".  

Because of course she did.

Tone deaf queen reigns supreme.

• Upvote 1
  • Disgust 2
  • Rufus Bless 4
  • WTF 2

• nelliebelle1197 locked, unlocked and locked this topic