IGNORED

Maxwell 45: Steve Flaunting His Vest Deferens

Coconut Flan

Didn't she vaguely mention a few months back that she was injured while exercising but didn't go into details on what the injury was?

Very glad she is seeing a doctor as head injuries are nothing to fool with.

Sarah considers her life fast-paced?  I guess my definition of fast-paced differs from hers.  Has Sarah ever done a day in the life post about her own day?  Judging from her posts on her sisters days I just don't see anything I would consider fast-paced. 

• Upvote 21

19 minutes ago, kpmom said:

Didn't she vaguely mention a few months back that she was injured while exercising but didn't go into details on what the injury was?

Very glad she is seeing a doctor as head injuries are nothing to fool with.

Sarah considers her life fast-paced?  I guess my definition of fast-paced differs from hers.  Has Sarah ever done a day in the life post about her own day?  Judging from her posts on her sisters days I just don't see anything I would consider fast-paced. 

That's what stood out to me in her post. Her concussion/hitting her head - I'm glad it wasn't worse & she's getting medical care -  but it was the whole "fast paced" thing that stuck out in that post. A Maxwell daughter living a fast paced life? Um, yeah, let me pet my Unicorn. 

• Upvote 9
  • Haha 18
  • I Agree 3

My sister sustained a severe concussion at work several years ago and it left her permanently unable to hold down a job . For close to a year, she had dizziness, visual-spatial distortions, double vision, photophobia, and difficulty concentrating.  I'm glad to hear Sarah is under a doctor's care; as others have said before me, this is nothing to take lightly.

• Upvote 11
  • Sad 2
  • Love 4

I hope she is seeing an actual doctor and not just a chiropractor or alternative practitioner.  While I believe they have their place in medical care, sometimes care from a MD is needed too.

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 6

I read the title and I feared something had happened with Anna or Gigi.

She doesn't lead a busy life at all, but her parents have convinced her she does and she's too sheltered to know better

• Upvote 9
  • Downvote 1
  • Sad 2
  • I Agree 3

3 hours ago, kpmom said:

Didn't she vaguely mention a few months back that she was injured while exercising but didn't go into details on what the injury was

Yes, she did. I wonder why they have to be so vague about everything. I thought she had a sprained ankle or something harmless. A concussion would explain why Sarah has posted so infrequently despite of the mighty schedule.

Why do they feel they have to keep this accident secret for months?

• Upvote 13
  • I Agree 6

54 minutes ago, freejugar said:

She doesn't lead a busy life at all, but her parents have convinced her she does and she's too sheltered to know better

When she wrote busy life. I was thinking “what busy life”. 

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 5

On 2/10/2021 at 9:12 AM, smittykins said:

My area is thankfully Hobby Lobby- and Chick-Fil-A free(although I think there’s a CFA in Syracuse now).

Hello, neighbor! There is indeed a CFA north of Syracuse in Cicero, and two Hobby Lobbies in the area now too. I think Dewitt and Clay.

• Upvote 5

To be honest by this point, maybe sarah should just stay at home forever. If she honestly believes that she lives a busy fast paced life and suddenly got thrown out into the real world, she would have a break down. She would never cope.

I know Anna has a long enough lunch break to bake cookies and play with the nieces and nephews - I wonder what sarah does in hers?

• Upvote 17
  • I Agree 3

2 minutes ago, allyisyourpally5 said:

I know Anna has a long enough lunch break to bake cookies and play with the nieces and nephews - I wonder what sarah does in hers?

Her entire life is what the rest of us do in our lunch breaks and after work, TBH.

I'm sorry to hear about her concussion, I hope she's taking it easy and healing well.

• Upvote 14
  • I Agree 2

17 hours ago, PennySycamore said:

I'd love to have a Le Creuset Dutch oven, but my current one is a Chrissy Teigan from Target and it works fine (if I treat myself to a Le Creuset, it will be from the LC outlet in Asheville)

Having owned both Le Creuset dutch ovens and knock-offs, I can say that the enamel wears off the interior of  Le Creuset every bit as quickly, if not more so, than the knock-offs. However my 45 year old Copco enameled sauce pan is still in good condition, save for a few chips around the rim. I'd try one of the new Lodge enameled dutch ovens but really, now that I have an Instant Pot all I use the LC for is baking bread and it's fine for that.

• Upvote 5
  • Thank You 3

I wonder if Steve will let Sarah sleep in, even if it’s just until seven, if she wants to? When I don’t feel good or have hurt myself all I want is rest. 

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 5

29 minutes ago, Lgirlrocks said:

I wonder if Steve will let Sarah sleep in, even if it’s just until seven, if she wants to? When I don’t feel good or have hurt myself all I want is rest. 

Not sure if he let her sleep in. But I bet she had to do Bible time with the rest of the family even if she wanted to rest. 

Edited by Jana814
  • Upvote 5
  • Sad 6
  • I Agree 2

Poor Sarah. The whole post seems like a metaphor for the rest of her life not panning out how she expected.

I think she hurt her foot doing exercises in the summer, so that is on top of two concussions? Poor thing, she deserves a break.

She looks beautiful in the photo, hopefully it will lure a Prince Charming in to steal her away from her horrible parents.

• Upvote 13

9 minutes ago, ClareDeLune said:

Poor Sarah. The whole post seems like a metaphor for the rest of her life not panning out how she expected.

I think she hurt her foot doing exercises in the summer, so that is on top of two concussions? Poor thing, she deserves a break.

She looks beautiful in the photo, hopefully it will lure a Prince Charming in to steal her away from her horrible parents.

This is so sad. And likely true.

Sarah genuinely seems like a sweetheart. Sure hope things get better and many of her dreams come true.

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 3

@Black Aliss,  the Milk Street discussion was pretty lively.  Lodge had a ton of defenders, as did Tremontina and Staub. One poster pointed out that the Martha Stewart Dutch Ovens had a lifetime warranty which was honored when the enamel cracked.  It was replaced at no charge.  What did dismay me were the comments that Lodge  or another brand of Dutch Ovens were made in China.  If you just want to support USA businesses, then fine.  If that sort of comment is a reflection of your xenophobia, then why are you at Milk Street?   We're about learning about cooking from the whole world, not just classic Western  cuisine.  And I'll bet that these people who are down on Chinese-made products make an exception for their electronics.  

One problem I may have is that the Le Creuset might just be too heavy.  I sure as hell don't want to drop it in my fireclay sink.  I may just need to adjust the bread recipes' ingredients to make a loaf for a smaller Butch oven.

Edited by PennySycamore
  • Upvote 4
  • Thank You 1

26 minutes ago, ClareDeLune said:

I think that was Mary:

"Yes, so the wedding day ended with some drama. Mary hurt her foot (a swing broke and everyone on it basically landed on her foot). Urgent care did an x-ray and found it to be bruised and not broken. Such a huge praise! She was still on crutches for several days following and then went to being able to walk without them. She limps but it’s improved a lot."

https://blog.titus2.com/2020/06/10/random-life-from-not-normal-to-resuming-normal/

43 minutes ago, Jana814 said:

Not sure if he let her sleep in. But I bet she had to do Bible time with the rest of the family even if she wanted to rest. 

Do you think she has to read one of those typical Bibles with small letters and thin paper with her headaches and dizziness? You shouldn't read with a concussion!

Edited by Austrian Atheist
add quote
  • Upvote 10
  • Thank You 4

6 hours ago, kpmom said:

A Day In the Life

4:30 a.m. Wake up, pee, so bathroom is free for the rest of the family.

4:35 am let dog out.

4:45 am let dog back in.

4:50 Be sure coffee maker is set up]

5:00 am Make bed.

5:04 am Joyfully start day as family drudge

[fast-forward]

6:30 Measure dry ingredients for muffins

6:33 am Measure wet ingredients for muffins

6:45 am Hear Dad in shower--put muffins in, check coffee maker

7:00 am Serve Dad his completely vegan heart healthy muffin and coffee

7:01 am Serve Mom her completely vegan heart healthy muffin and coffee

7:02 am give Mary and Anna side-eye so they serve themselves and thank me

[fast forward]

10:05 am. Answer wrong number call.

10:07 am Let dog out. Pet cat. Stop petting cat due to enjoying it.

[fast-forward]

11:45 am Prepare lunch

12:00 Serve Dad his completely vegan heart healthy lunch

12:01 Serve Mom her completely vegan heart healthy lunch

12:03 Encourage Mary to have a Servant's Heart while grabbing a chair and sitting.

12:05 Kick Mary under the table for slamming down my plate and calling it an "oppsy"

12:06 Kick Anna under the table just because Dad laughed at Mary's slam of my plate.

12:07 Note to self: Count Mom's pills again--eyes very glassy.

12:10: Slip dog a bite of tasteless completely vegan heart healthy lunch.

12:11 Watch Arnold play with the bite of completely vegan heart healthy lunch that dog spit out.

[Fast Forward]

3:01 Beat Anna to the door to greet the UPS Guy.

3:23 Give up sinful thoughts of UPS Guy taking me away with him and go back to editing  whatever it is.

[Fast Forward}

3:30 Joyfully serve everyone 4 grapes as a snack.

[fast forward]

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 29
  • Love 1

@IReallyAmHopewell I take it back!  Sarah really does live a fast-paced life!!

Although you yourself will be going straight to h-e-l-l as you fast forwarded past BIBLE TIME  in the morning as well as evening!!  :pb_surprised:

• Upvote 8
  • Haha 5
  • Love 2

They didn't tell us about the concussion when it happened back in June. That proves they don't tell us everything. Sarah could have more going on that she isn't telling us about. 

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 2

2 hours ago, PennySycamore said:

@Black Aliss,  the Milk Street discussion was pretty lively.  Lodge had a ton of defenders, as did Tremontina and Staub. One poster pointed out that the Martha Stewart Dutch Ovens had a lifetime warranty which was honored when the enamel cracked.  It was replaced at no charge.  What did dismay me were the comments that Lodge  or another brand of Dutch Ovens were made in China.  If you just want to support USA businesses, then fine.  If that sort of comment is a reflection of your xenophobia, then why are you at Milk Street?   We're about learning about cooking from the whole world, not just classic Western  cuisine.  And I'll bet that these people who are down on Chinese-made products make an exception for their electronics.  

One problem I may have is that the Le Creuset might just be too heavy.  I sure as hell don't want to drop it in my fireclay sink.  I may just need to adjust the bread recipes' ingredients to make a loaf for a smaller Butch oven.

What is a fireclay sink? Thanks in advance.

33 minutes ago, kpmom said:

@IReallyAmHopewell I take it back!  Sarah really does live a fast-paced life!!

Although you yourself will be going straight to h-e-l-l as you fast forwarded past BIBLE TIME  in the morning as well as evening!!  :pb_surprised:

We all know THAT happens! LOL

I forgot to say I AM truly sorry for her injury and will pray for her. Concussions are scary. They do go to real doctors, I believe, for some things.

• Upvote 8

3 hours ago, Jana814 said:

I’ve been thinking a lot about the Maxhell scheduling and how it’s been used to control the kids. On Anna’s 18th birthday post Sarah writes about “the children” meeting dad for individual Bible time in the living room. If and when they worked out, it was generally before that time, it’s been noted. Sarah was in, what, her mid-late 20’s by then. I doubt things have changed much, if things stayed the same for THAT long. When the family would hike 14ers in Colorado AKA what others may call a vacation, they would get up at 3:45 for individual Bible time. So... is it an individual choice? These kids are brainwashed. They live like they are in a rehab facility. Not to mention, their family Bible time was every evening. That’s a tight ship. 

• Upvote 18
  • I Agree 1

50 minutes ago, AprilCameron said:

What is a fireclay sink? Thanks in advance.

It's a porcelain sink, but the porcelain is not not thin like a plate would be, but is thick, around 1/2 to 1 inch thick.  I think most fireclay sinks are of the apron front/farmhouse variety.  It does have a removable metal grid on the bottom which probably helps protect it from some things being dropped, but not a heavy Dutch oven

• Upvote 1
  • Thank You 6
  • Love 1

• Coconut Flan locked this topic