IGNORED

Maxwell 45: Steve Flaunting His Vest Deferens

Coconut Flan

I remember that Taco Bell meal from last year.

Geez Teri, can't you at least take them for a nice lunch?  You've said now that Steve is on a statin he can have some cheat meals now and again.  Maybe this year's "light" meal was a little more substantial.

• Upvote 16

38 minutes ago, fundiewatch said:

This was last year’s sad feast. 

0D102405-41FE-4F0F-B1FC-DCD670A600E7.png

Maybe I don't feel so bad for the Reversal Brothers that time Anna tattled on them and they had to eat in the car while the rest of the family had Taco Bell, if that's all a Taco Bell meal consists of. Except that the Wheat Thins they got for lunch were undoubtedly counted and likely not sufficient.

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 3

3 hours ago, Bethy said:

Maybe I don't feel so bad for the Reversal Brothers that time Anna tattled on them and they had to eat in the car while the rest of the family had Taco Bell, if that's all a Taco Bell meal consists of. Except that the Wheat Thins they got for lunch were undoubtedly counted and likely not sufficient.

This is what the make up meal looked like, kinda skimpy too.

DSC_84883.jpg

DSC_84973.jpg

Edited by SPHASH
  • Upvote 6
  • Thank You 4

So I read the comments on the blog and somebody is very excited about Steve and Teri hanging out with their granddaughters!

Spoiler

O, what a delightful shopping trip with Grandpa and Grandma to the wonderful Hobby Lobby! What a blessing to hear hymns play over the loudspeakers while one shops! What great photos of you all in the store. YES! I can see your beaming smiles through your masks, because your smiles radiate the LOVE OF JESUS in your hearts! Keep shining for Christ!
The girls have truly grown up, especially Abby! I remember when she was born!!
It looks like you found some fascinating items!!! Great job!!! 
I appreciate the verses on your white board!
Great job of reading through your Bibles!! We truly need the Word of God DAILY to keep us going until we hear the Shout, are all called Home to meet Jesus in the air, and to be re-united with our loved ones! “Surely I come quickly. Amen. Even so, come, Lord Jesus.” (Revelation 22:20)
“Who shall separate us from the LOVE OF CHRIST? shall tribulation…? … Nay, in all these things we are MORE THAN CONQUERORS THROUGH HIM THAT LOVED US.” (Romans 8:35)
In Christ,
CF

• Upvote 1
  • Rufus Bless 2
  • WTF 1
  • Haha 19
  • Thank You 1

14 minutes ago, Bluebirdbluebell said:

So I read the comments on the blog and somebody is very excited about Steve and Teri hanging out with their granddaughters!

Hide contents

O, what a delightful shopping trip with Grandpa and Grandma to the wonderful Hobby Lobby! What a blessing to hear hymns play over the loudspeakers while one shops! What great photos of you all in the store. YES! I can see your beaming smiles through your masks, because your smiles radiate the LOVE OF JESUS in your hearts! Keep shining for Christ!
Great job of reading through your Bibles!! We truly need the Word of God DAILY to keep us going until we hear the Shout, are all called Home to meet Jesus in the air, and to be re-united with our loved ones! “Surely I come quickly. Amen. Even so, come, Lord Jesus.” (Revelation 22:20)
“Who shall separate us from the LOVE OF CHRIST? shall tribulation…? … Nay, in all these things we are MORE THAN CONQUERORS THROUGH HIM THAT LOVED US.” (Romans 8:35)
In Christ,
CF

Way to suck up to the Maxwells. Also, do they really play hymns  in Hobby Hobby? I have never been there.  We have one in Oregon, but I seriously doubt they play them here! We are all evil liberals. Also, I will never understand why people think taking grandchildren out for an outing is so unique and praise worthy because it truly is not. 

27 minutes ago, SPHASH said:

This is what the make up meal looked like, kinda skimpy too.

DSC_84883.jpg

DSC_84973.jpg

Who takes the pictures of them praying? Do they ask some random person, "Can you take a picture of my family praying? We want to show the world how special and holy we are."

• Upvote 13
  • Rufus Bless 1
  • WTF 1
  • Haha 11

3 minutes ago, JulineD said:

Way to suck up to the Maxwells. Also, do they really play hymns  in Hobby Hobby? I have never been there.  We have one in Oregon, but I seriously doubt they play them here! We are all evil liberals. Also, I will never understand why people think taking grandchildren out for an outing is so unique and praise worthy because it truly is not. 

Who takes the pictures of them praying? Do they ask some random person, "Can you take a picture of my family praying? We want to show the world how special and holy we are."

I have never been there either.

Matthew 6:5 

“And when you pray, you shall not be like the [a]hypocrites. For they love to pray standing in the synagogues and on the corners of the streets, that they may be seen by men. Assuredly, I say to you, they have their reward.

It's almost how funny how little fundies seem to care about this.

• Upvote 11
  • I Agree 2
  • Love 1

I've never been to Hobby Lobby & never will. I absolutely will not knowingly support a company that denies healthcare based on the owners personal religion. 

If I ever have a need for craft supplies, we have plenty of Michaels' around. 

In the same vein, I have only ever been to Chick fil a once. And, not actually by choice. A former co-worker was retiring and some of us were taking her to lunch before the official party, and one of the first Chick fil a's in our area opened down the street. She wanted to go there. I couldn't back out because I didn't like her choice, so I guess I did choose to go...but it was totally under duress, even if silently. They can glorify their god without me. 

And, to be honest, the food was mediocre at best. Culver's chicken sandwiches are way better. 

• Upvote 15
  • I Agree 11
  • Love 1

4 hours ago, JulineD said:

Sister JB has dragged me there a couple times (once, before their anti-birth control status was revealed to me) and yes, they do play ... church-y songs. 

A very few traditional hymns like I grew up with in old-Lutheran church and still prefer.  Mostly tunes I recognize from  So. Baptist and Methodist traditions. The very occasional Gospel tune and I guess contemporary Christian music which I’m not sure about because I avoid it ... religiously !   (Don’t encourage me!) 

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 1

19 hours ago, Bluebirdbluebell said:

Hide contents

In Christ,
CF

This has to be snark!

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 5

On 2/7/2021 at 9:34 AM, anachronistic said:

It’s always amazing and amusing to see a tiny kid just put away food like there’s no tomorrow. You expect it of teenagers but toddlers do it just as much, and often seem to operate on a ‘feast or famine’ scheme. Either they’re eating nothing for weeks and living off of glitter, a few handfuls of cereal and air, or they’re downing huge bowls of chowder, multiple bananas, not only their meal but most of yours, etc. The only difficult part is when they fall in love with a food, like yogurt, and so you give in and buy a ton of it or something, and the next day, of course, yogurt is evil. They hate yogurt. Why are you offering them yogurt? And there are 3 cartons of it in the fridge that nobody else will eat. 

Oh my God, have you been talking to my 4 year old? He's currently decided he hates all meat (except bacon and hot dogs) and was great with chicken nuggets and fish sticks, but when I got a new more expensive organic brand he didnt want them because "they dont look the same" (not dinosaur shaped). This weekend he decides he no longer likes jelly, so now a pb&j strike. But then he'll randomly eat something he said he hated before, like last night he happily ate celery after previously hating it. It's frustrating!

• Upvote 8
  • Love 8

So who does get health insurance at Hobby Lobby? Just Christians?

I don’t get how so many so-called Christians believe that it is a perfectly Christian thing to deny “non-worthy” people health care - just like theSamaritans / sure the Maxwells like it but it’s only for the”best really good” Christians (in other words the total opposite of a Samaritan). I don’t see any logic into how this is “godly”. The Bible I’ve read has Jesus ready to eat with, save and heal everybody. He loved sinners. He commanded everyone love each other regardless.

I don’t recall the passage where he states “I shall heal only the saved, only those who worship me in this one particular type of way. Yes, leave your brothers and sisters in pain, they don’t deserve anything. Everyone else can suffer and starve. Oh you think you worship me? No, it doesn’t count. Because your children are not dressed correctly. And you’ve sinned in the past so I’m afraid you’re not worthy of my healing. Oh dear son, a pre existing condition you were born with? Well someone from your family must have sinned so you can’t be worthy of adequate health care and help either. Sorry”

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 3
  • Love 5

Is it bad that I thought Teri’s dining room table post was one of her better ones? I imagine someone asked about it as it was very random to just appear. 

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 2

24 minutes ago, Markie said:

Is it bad that I thought Teri’s dining room table post was one of her better ones? I imagine someone asked about it as it was very random to just appear. 

I thought the same thing. *lol* It is a random post, but still, at least it does have some useful information... if you’re looking to buy a large table... I guess... Yep, the bar is pretty low.

• Upvote 5
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, allyisyourpally5 said:

So who does get health insurance at Hobby Lobby? Just Christians?

I don’t get how so many so-called Christians believe that it is a perfectly Christian thing to deny “non-worthy” people health care - just like theSamaritans / sure the Maxwells like it but it’s only for the”best really good” Christians (in other words the total opposite of a Samaritan). I don’t see any logic into how this is “godly”. The Bible I’ve read has Jesus ready to eat with, save and heal everybody. He loved sinners. He commanded everyone love each other regardless.

I don’t recall the passage where he states “I shall heal only the saved, only those who worship me in this one particular type of way. Yes, leave your brothers and sisters in pain, they don’t deserve anything. Everyone else can suffer and starve. Oh you think you worship me? No, it doesn’t count. Because your children are not dressed correctly. And you’ve sinned in the past so I’m afraid you’re not worthy of my healing. Oh dear son, a pre existing condition you were born with? Well someone from your family must have sinned so you can’t be worthy of adequate health care and help either. Sorry”

it's not specific people that they don't cover, it's specific care. For Hobby Lobby, it's contraception that is exempt from their coverage. Their case opened the door for any organization to exempt from coverage anything it objects to based on their religious beliefs. There have already been issues brought up by other organizations not wanting to cover same sex spouses, minimum wage arguments (how the f*ck do you equate income with religion?), firing unmarried women who are pregnant (including lesbians who are pregnant by choice) . 

I haven't followed in a long time so I don't know where it all stands or how far any of those absurd challenges have gone, but the fact remains, because Hobby Lobby owners said it was against their religious freedom to cover contraception for their female employees, doors have been left open all over the damn place for religious bigot to deny care for people they decide aren't following their religion. 

• Upvote 12
  • Sad 3
  • I Agree 6
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, Markie said:

It was though! I admit, I have wondered about the table, as it does really seem to accommodate for whatever need, so it was actually kinda interesting. For Maxwells, at least. 

• Upvote 8

19 minutes ago, RachelDM said:

It was though! I admit, I have wondered about the table, as it does really seem to accommodate for whatever need, so it was actually kinda interesting. For Maxwells, at least. 

I really really don't want to harsh my buzz by opening the tits2 blog today.

Is part of the genius of the table that is has butterfly leaves that mechanically store themselves under the tabletop when not in use?  If ever I get a new DR table (very unlikely) I am going to insist upon butterfly leaves.

• Upvote 5

6 minutes ago, MamaJunebug said:

I really really don't want to harsh my buzz by opening the tits2 blog today.

Is part of the genius of the table that is has butterfly leaves that mechanically store themselves under the tabletop when not in use?  If ever I get a new DR table (very unlikely) I am going to insist upon butterfly leaves.

No. The (four!) leaves are stored in a closet & have to be "fetched" when they use them. It does have magic legs that drop down/store in the table to support the weight when the leaves are used though. 

While it was probably their only relatively informative post ever, it's so random. No lead in, no nothing. Just, meh, nothing to say today, let's talk about the table for our big, and growing, family. 

Whatever. Can't really snark but can wonder what drives their thinking on what to post & when? 

• Upvote 9
  • Haha 4
  • I Agree 2
  • Thank You 1

I wonder where Sarah is she isnt in the picture.  Apparently Steve took it as his drinking tumbler is there.

IMG_2767-1-768x576.jpg

Edited by SPHASH
  • Upvote 12

5 minutes ago, SPHASH said:

I wonder where Sarah and Steve are they aren't in the picture.  Was this taken when Steve had his cold and didn't want to expose everyone and Sarah took the picture or maybe Sarah was sick and Steve took the picture.

IMG_2767-1-768x576.jpg

Since the empty chair is right by Teri, I’m guessing Steve is taking the picture.

No idea where Sarah might be, but in my preferred alternate universe she is 50 miles down the highway with Leavenworth in her rearview mirror.

• Upvote 7
  • Rufus Bless 1
  • Haha 22
  • I Agree 3
  • Love 1

I agree that it was a good post. When we had five kids at the table, any extra people means an extra table. I think that their blog will always sound random, because Sarah is the family blogger and tried to publish three days a week. Back in the day there was way more “scheduling” other posts— from Mary (which are really sad examples of Terri’s homeschooling, yikes), or Anna, a brother. She had a lot more to report on at the time, and she was the historian of the dog and pony show. Now she has precious little to blog about— when she discovered picture bombs/“random life” a few years back that became a mainstay but otherwise they don’t do much they are willing to talk about. 

• Upvote 11

I'll be contrary, I didn't like the post because it was so random. Have people never heard of these types of tables before? My family has one we got at Ikea. Why post this? Did someone ask about there table? If so, why not lead with that? And why not try to get an affiliate link for some company that makes these types of tables? Turn this into something that makes them money, which seems to be an issue these days. 

What always amazes me about the Maxwell blog is that there are so many topics they could cover and they just don't. It's very bizarre what they think is acceptable to write about. 

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 5

3 hours ago, fundiewatch said:

I agree that it was a good post. When we had five kids at the table, any extra people means an extra table. I think that their blog will always sound random, because Sarah is the family blogger and tried to publish three days a week. Back in the day there was way more “scheduling” other posts— from Mary (which are really sad examples of Terri’s homeschooling, yikes), or Anna, a brother. She had a lot more to report on at the time, and she was the historian of the dog and pony show. Now she has precious little to blog about— when she discovered picture bombs/“random life” a few years back that became a mainstay but otherwise they don’t do much they are willing to talk about. 

Dont forget, a few years ago their blog was focused on all the conference travel they did, a lot more ministry work. Now they do none of that, the blog and books are all that's left of their "ministry".

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 4

I wonder how much that table costs. It is huge and from an Amish furniture store. I'm guessing it was quite expensive. The Maxwell's obsessive personalities really apply to their purchases too. It seems that they do a lot of research and definitely take the quality not quantity approach to their purchases. I typically trust their product recommendations because they really research everything they buy. 

• Upvote 16
  • I Agree 2

9 hours ago, fundiefan said:

it's not specific people that they don't cover, it's specific care. For Hobby Lobby, it's contraception that is exempt from their coverage. Their case opened the door for any organization to exempt from coverage anything it objects to based on their religious beliefs. There have already been issues brought up by other organizations not wanting to cover same sex spouses, minimum wage arguments (how the f*ck do you equate income with religion?), firing unmarried women who are pregnant (including lesbians who are pregnant by choice) . 

I haven't followed in a long time so I don't know where it all stands or how far any of those absurd challenges have gone, but the fact remains, because Hobby Lobby owners said it was against their religious freedom to cover contraception for their female employees, doors have been left open all over the damn place for religious bigot to deny care for people they decide aren't following their religion. 

What lots of people forget is the Hobby Lobby had no problem with covering contraception before the Affordable Care Act mandated it.  They just hated it because Obamacare had a birth control mandate.  

• Upvote 7
  • WTF 4
  • Haha 1
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 6

• Coconut Flan locked this topic