IGNORED

Maxwell 45: Steve Flaunting His Vest Deferens

Coconut Flan

5 hours ago, freejugar said:

I think Sarah dislikes children (like Teri), she loves peace and quiet. Maybe her best possible life given her posibilites is to move in to Gigi's when she passes, and just live alone there enjoying her dog and her coffee.

Maybe they should start considering letting Sarah move in with Gigi now if Gigi would like having the company.  She's of an age where having someone around in case she falls or needs help would be an advantage.

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 14

All the god talk from Anna makes me cringe. I know, she's a Maxwell, there is nothing else expected.

I'd like to see/read her giving herself a pat on the back for having the strength to get through the last year; for being able to go through treatment, birth a baby, take care of said baby, know she was thousands of miles from her kids but got through it - - -

Anna, honey. YOU got you through this. You had help and support from family & friends, but you did the hardest work. You leaned on your religion, but stop making your god the reason you got through the last year and be an individual human being who went through hell and is still here a year later. 

If not for you, for your kids. They deserve to have a strong, resilient, determined mother. Not a mother who is only here because god decided. 

• Upvote 22
  • I Agree 12
  • Love 1

I think Sarah is happier this way. I see her too as disliking children just like Teri. Maybe if she marries someone with grown children or no children at all but I doubt Steve will ever let his daughters marry.

I don't see that contentment later in life for Anna and Mary, they seem to love being around kids and wanting to have a big brood, specially Anna.

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 4

Steve must be seriously, desperately terrified of his god. Everything they do is for/about god. Sarah's birthday? Nothing to do with her as an individual person with likes, dislikes, talents, hopes or dreams. Just serving god and Steve.

I cannot imagine what makes a person so singularly focused other than fear. 

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 7

On 1/16/2021 at 8:36 PM, moreorlessnu said:

I actually worry for Sarah if Prince Charming did show up at her door. I worry what type of person he might be, and what his intentions would be.

I'm picturing someone like that douche bag that Tabitha Paine married...

• Upvote 8
  • Disgust 2
  • Sad 4

I hope Sarah doesn't marry. I agree she doesn't appear to enjoy being around her nieces and nephews the way Anna and Mary appear to, she doesn't seem interested in the wifely occupations,such as cooking, she's already had enough patriarchy to last her for several lifetimes, and it would not be surprising if she suffers from mild depression. (I am not armchair diagnosing here; there's just a sadness that comes through in so many of her posts)  I think it would be wonderful for her to move in with Gigi where she could have her own room and get exposed to a tiny bit more of the world.  We have seen a TV in Gigi's house and Gigi's knowledge of popular culture seems to be greater than the rest of the original Maxwells combined. Maybe Gigi would even leave the house to Sarah, giving her a nice asset for her own old age.

• Upvote 12
  • I Agree 6

4 hours ago, Black Aliss said:

I hope Sarah doesn't marry. I agree she doesn't appear to enjoy being around her nieces and nephews

Neither did I, but I LOVE being a Mom. She's not in an enviable situation. Someone said she should move in with Gigi. Really?? Then she'd be stuck living with a Grandmother she undoubtedly loves, but for whom she'd end up being sole caretaker until Gigi dies. I don't think that's at all fair and I hope Gigi agrees! '

Steve really must marry off a daughter.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1
  • I Agree 2

10 hours ago, HermioneSparrow said:

I think Sarah is happier this way. I see her too as disliking children just like Teri. Maybe if she marries someone with grown children or no children at all but I doubt Steve will ever let his daughters marry.

I don't see that contentment later in life for Anna and Mary, they seem to love being around kids and wanting to have a big brood, specially Anna.

It's possible that Sarah is ok with her status and maybe never wanted to marry and have children, although who would know?  It looks like she hasn't been allowed to breathe let alone think for herself about what she wants /wanted in life.  I married later than all of my friends, but by choice.  I also never thought I'd want to have kids (My 23 year old daughter says this now), but I changed my mind when I fell in love with my husband.  People have to be given the choice to do what they will with their own lives.  Another set of parents who've crippled their kids IMO.

• Upvote 18

On 1/13/2021 at 9:37 PM, Baxter said:

Yes I recall this as well. If it's not for mental health, they seem to take health issues seriously. But I have to say I found that picture of Elizabeth very troubling. I hope she is not falling through the cracks because of NR Anna's cancer. Strabismus is a serious condition. I was born with it. I had to have eye surgery when I was two. I wore glasses for many years as a child and had to wear an eye patch for a while. Not all kids will need surgery of course. We are dealing with eye patches with my four year old right now. It's not fun but very necessary. If you don't deal with it, the brain can stop receiving signals from the weaker eye and you can go blind in the one eye.

This actually happened to one of the workers at my son's old daycare. Her eye is quite pronounced as a lazy eye so when I was mentioning to her right before the pandemic started that my son had an opthomologist appointment coming up because we were concerned about his eye, she told me that she could only see some faint shadows with her bad eye.

I had strabismus that couldn't be treated and now I'm effectively blind in one eye. My strabismus was very pronounced when I was a young child.

20200430_223315.jpg

• Upvote 3
  • Love 7

Warning, Friday is Roe v Wade Day so you all know what that means.  Anti abortion post featuring Anna impersonating a Jewish woman and a yet to be born baby along with a slam on our new, wonderful president and VP because they support a women's right to choose.

Edited by SPHASH
  • Upvote 6
  • Sad 7
  • I Agree 2
  • Thank You 4

Sarah may want to still marry. She may have dreamed of marrying a christian man that would treat her right. She may also want kids of her own but not a bunch of them like she is being told she has to have. We, as readers of the blog, have no idea what any of them truly want. Sarah could be happy being single or she could be extremely miserable. We will never know because she is only allowed to be happy and grateful. Was it Anna who wanted to go to college but was talked out of it? All of the adult Maxwell kids were forced to stay home until marriage. They may have told everyone it was their choosing but they had no options. 

• Upvote 10
  • Sad 3

@GreenBeans, there's an ad for Dixie paper plates that drives me crazy: a guy is serving his girlfriend a special dinner on a cheap paper plate.  Of course, it collapses and she ends up with bolognese all over her jeans.  The Westie get some sauce on her too.  The message of the ad is that he should have used a Dixie paper plates.  No, he should have used an actual china/glass/plastic plate to serve someone he supposedly cares about.  

• Upvote 13
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 3

59 minutes ago, PennySycamore said:

@GreenBeans, there's an ad for Dixie paper plates that drives me crazy: a guy is serving his girlfriend a special dinner on a cheap paper plate.  Of course, it collapses and she ends up with bolognese all over her jeans.  The Westie get some sauce on her too.  The message of the ad is that he should have used a Dixie paper plates.  No, he should have used an actual china/glass/plastic plate to serve someone he supposedly cares about.  

Especially as it's just the two of them! I hate this ad! I totally agree with you!

• Upvote 8

Sarah's birthday employee performance review post is kinda minimal.  Very little was said besides, "You write the blog and books and people read them."

Ooooh I have a relevant post count title!

Edited by CyborgKin
Reverencing My Cheese Paper Sandwich
  • Upvote 9
  • Haha 14

I would like to take a good look at their book sales. I would venture to guess Sarah's books (or actually maybe Teri's?) and finally Steve's. I wonder how he takes that... 

• Upvote 7

I always wonder if Teri worries that showing too warmth would lead people to think she and Steve prefer Sarah at home.  Fundies are supposed to get married. I get the sense Steve and Teri are very conscious of how it looks to have all their girls unmarried, but not enough to change anything. I think Teri doesn't want people to think Sarah is unmarried because Steve and Teri enjoy having their girls at home. 

The other thing I notice about Sarah's birthday posts is that Maxwells believe that people need to contribute to the world in some way. Their sons buy homes, have jobs, get married and have children. The posts highlight how Sarah contributes to the world with her books, etc.

• Upvote 10

On 1/20/2021 at 4:33 PM, Bluebirdbluebell said:

Especially as it's just the two of them! I hate this ad! I totally agree with you!

If a dude (or anyone) made a huge deal about cooking me dinner and then was stupid enough to not use at least an extra paper plate while serving me bolognese, I would seriously question my choices.

Then again, when I first lived on my own, I had one plate, one fork, one spoon, and one glass. I'm antisocial and it wasn't like I was hosting dinner parties or anything. I had a date come over to make dinner and he thought I was joking when I told him to bring his own flatware. That relationship did not work out, for some reason I don't understand.

• Upvote 10
  • Haha 1

On 1/13/2021 at 9:37 PM, Baxter said:

This actually happened to one of the workers at my son's old daycare. Her eye is quite pronounced as a lazy eye so when I was mentioning to her right before the pandemic started that my son had an opthomologist appointment coming up because we were concerned about his eye, she told me that she could only see some faint shadows with her bad eye.

My cousin's soon-to-be husband also has this - he's completely blind in one eye from uncorrected strabismus.  

Christopher and AM do seem to be on top of things with two of their kids already wearing glasses...but I hope for Elizabeth's sake that if she needs surgery it's not being put off because they can't afford it due to AM's undoubtedly astronomical medical bills. :(

• Upvote 11

On 1/21/2021 at 6:32 PM, Bluebirdbluebell said:

The other thing I notice about Sarah's birthday posts is that Maxwells believe that people need to contribute to the world in some way. Their sons buy homes, have jobs, get married and have children. The posts highlight how Sarah contributes to the world with her books, etc.

Well let's be honest - in their world, the women are supposed to contribute to the world by breeding more and faster than the people they disagree with. Since they've prevented that from happening, they have to make it sound like their girls are doing something worthwhile so nobody thinks they're just sitting around doing needlepoint and waiting for real life to start like Olivia de Havilland's character in The Heiress. (Only I guess in the Maxwell house, that wouldn't be needlepoint, it would be dusting ceiling fans and polishing cupboards.)

• Upvote 8
  • Love 3

@Bethy since Miriam Hopkins in TCM's Star of the Month, The Heiress should air next Thursday evening.  I love that movie and it has one of the most iconic closing lines 

Bolt the door, Maria.

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 1

On 1/22/2021 at 3:14 PM, danvillebelle said:

My cousin's soon-to-be husband also has this - he's completely blind in one eye from uncorrected strabismus.  

Christopher and AM do seem to be on top of things with two of their kids already wearing glasses...but I hope for Elizabeth's sake that if she needs surgery it's not being put off because they can't afford it due to AM's undoubtedly astronomical medical bills. :(

I’d hope they’d get Elizabeth’s eyes seen to, if only so she can read a Bible one day. Hmm, now I’m wondering if there are any good audio versions of the KJV Bible... 

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 1

4 hours ago, mango_fandango said:

I’d hope they’d get Elizabeth’s eyes seen to, if only so she can read a Bible one day. Hmm, now I’m wondering if there are any good audio versions of the KJV Bible... 

Alexander Scourby's recording of the entire KJV Bible is still regarded as the foremost recording of the Bible, although others have been done since then. (He also read many other books, as well as the Revised Standard Version of the Bible, for the blind.) I grew up hearing him on the fundie radio station of my youth and was surprised as an adult when I learned that he was a Hollywood actor with no real religious convictions. Between that and doing a non-KJV version I'm pretty sure he's lost all credibility with Steve.

• Upvote 3

On 1/18/2021 at 12:06 PM, Coconut Flan said:

Maybe they should start considering letting Sarah move in with Gigi now if Gigi would like having the company.  She's of an age where having someone around in case she falls or needs help would be an advantage.

I think this could be a good idea but only under the right terms - only if both Sarah AND Gigi wanted it to take place, and only if Sarah would be recognized as a Real Grownup, Companion, and Caretaker, which would include not having her parents and siblings drop by unannounced at all hours, would not include any stipulations on her dress or her schedule, and would not include her having to hike back to the fathership every evening for Bible time. I could see Steve insisting on that, so Sarah doesn't fall into a worldly Jeopardy-watching habit with Gigi and her beast.

I don't see any of that actually happening with them.

I do think it's interesting, though...they don't think it's okay for a young woman to live alone prior to marriage. (In fairness, they also don't think it's okay for a young man to live alone prior to marriage, even if they've purchased the required Debt-Free Home already) but it's fine for a widowed woman to live alone. Not that I'm saying they should have forcibly moved Gigi into anybody's home, but it's not exactly consistent.

• Upvote 12

1 hour ago, Bethy said:

I think this could be a good idea but only under the right terms - only if both Sarah AND Gigi wanted it to take place, and only if Sarah would be recognized as a Real Grownup, Companion, and Caretaker, which would include not having her parents and siblings drop by unannounced at all hours, would not include any stipulations on her dress or her schedule, and would not include her having to hike back to the fathership every evening for Bible time. I could see Steve insisting on that, so Sarah doesn't fall into a worldly Jeopardy-watching habit with Gigi and her beast.

I do think it's interesting, though...they don't think it's okay for a young woman to live alone prior to marriage. (In fairness, they also don't think it's okay for a young man to live alone prior to marriage, even if they've purchased the required Debt-Free Home already) but it's fine for a widowed woman to live alone. Not that I'm saying they should have forcibly moved Gigi into anybody's home, but it's not exactly consistent.

Gigi probably does not want to move into the mothership. She has autonomy no one in that house has. She has another daughter & family members who are not in Steve's cult. She's present a lot because she's right there, but I don't honestly think she shares all their beliefs. Moving into that house with them - she'd lose everything about herself to please Steve. If she can live at home, that's where she belongs. 

Rather than Steve "not inviting" her to move in or anything, I really think it's a matter of "she ain't even gonna' go there so shut up". Gigi determines her life, not her daughter's husband. 

• Upvote 18

1 hour ago, Bethy said:

Or her having to move right back in after Gigi dies.......that is, if both Steve and Teri are still alive then and NOT needing extra care.

• Upvote 4

• Coconut Flan locked this topic