IGNORED

Maxwell 45: Steve Flaunting His Vest Deferens

Coconut Flan

On 1/15/2021 at 1:25 AM, Bethy said:

From what we've seen this year, Anna Marie is a much better writer with a much warmer, more engaging tone. But their lifestyle is so much more narrow even than the mothership these days. I don't know how much reach they'd really have. As more fundies start to meander towards pants for women, will they find the prairie fashions on Anna Marie's girls appealing or appalling? Plus, as has been noted above, the unmarried aunts and their ceiling-fan-cleaning schedules are going to cast a long shadow on any blogging they do. Families may start chucking their copies of "Keeping Our Children's Hearts" if they connect the dots and realize this is the likely outcome.

I may not agree with AM on much, but her posts are enjoyable.

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 9

3 hours ago, Bethy said:

I lived with my parents for a year after college, when it took longer than planned to get a job in the field I'd gone to college for - so I was stuck working a crappy not-quite-full-time job that paid enough to support my college debt payments but not enough to get me a car and insurance. I got treated like a young teenager and it was really awful.

As awful as that was (been there, done that), a situation like that could change from one day to the next. The minute you land that new job, you'd be well on your way out of that situation. A light switch flips, and awful becomes great. Plus, you have the tools and the talent to be successful in that new situation.

2 hours ago, allyisyourpally5 said:

The three daughters have just been stilted so much.

That's the problem; there is no "light switch" for Sarah. There is no event that would suddenly turn Sarah's situation from awful to great. Even if Prince Charming showed up at her door, she probably lacks the emotional maturity and life experiences to live her life as a functioning adult. 

I actually worry for Sarah if Prince Charming did show up at her door. I worry what type of person he might be, and what his intentions would be. 

• Upvote 15
  • I Agree 5

To me, Sarah gives off major Teri tendencies. I don’t think she’d be any more suited for a husband or family than the life she is currently quasi living. Now Anna, I could see her being saddened by her current plight. I hate that fundies never treat their blessings as individuals vs the group think. Just another reason not to have so many kids.

• Upvote 15
  • I Agree 3

Sarah will be 39 in a couple of days. I imagine that at this point she’d find it incredibly difficult to get married and leave home, suddenly going from sharing a room with her much younger sisters to sharing a bed with just her husband, and being alone all day if her husband worked outside the home. She may well be able to have kids, but only 2 or 3 at most. 
I also think that the pool of eligible fundie guys her age would be incredibly small, if not non-existent, unless she married a guy who’d been widowed... which is a tough situation for anyone to be in, let alone someone who’s never spent any time alone and never had any sort of relationship before.

• Upvote 17
  • I Agree 2

Why would she want to marry? At the moment she is one of four slaves to one penis owner - and one with a special status too, who is allowed to have a dog, and alone time to "write". 

If she married she would be a slave to a new penis owner all on her own, with no special status at all. She could have children of her own, yes, but she already raised five reversals, does she really want more bums to wipe? 

We've all been sold marriage as a very important goal. For those of us who are not in a patriarchal cult it is indeed nice to have regular consensual sex and share our lives with someone we love. But Sarah would not have that. She would get an arranged marriage with a stranger wherein she, he, and everyone else they know all expect her never to say no. It's just... Not a good deal. 

• Upvote 29

I think there is still hope for Sarah to get married, but the window for having children is very close to closing. I say this because my sibling got married at 39 and had her 2 kids at 40 and 41, so depending on how fertile you are you can definitely have your first kids late and easily. But Sarah doesn’t seem to love kids as much as her younger siblings do, so maybe that’s all right, her not having kids. Her not having freedom isn’t all right and never will be, of course, but I honestly don’t think she’s aware of it. In Maxhell, so long as you’re smiling and happy on the outside, the inside doesn’t count.

• Upvote 6
  • Sad 7

It's very selfish of Terri and Steve to count on Sarah to be home and (in the future) take care of them, when her presence will be the one thing that keeps them out of a nursing home (and for free!).

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 5

Sarah might keep them out of assisted living, but I doubt she'll really keep them out of a skilled nursing facility (nursing home) if they need it.  SNFs are for people who must have licensed nursing care and I don't think  Sarah is the type to handle that well at all.  

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 4

3 hours ago, anachronistic said:

I think there is still hope for Sarah to get married, but the window for having children is very close to closing. I say this because my sibling got married at 39 and had her 2 kids at 40 and 41, so depending on how fertile you are you can definitely have your first kids late and easily. But Sarah doesn’t seem to love kids as much as her younger siblings do, so maybe that’s all right, her not having kids. Her not having freedom isn’t all right and never will be, of course, but I honestly don’t think she’s aware of it. In Maxhell, so long as you’re smiling and happy on the outside, the inside doesn’t count.

I guess she could pull a Sarah Mally and surprise us all. But for some reason I can’t help but picture her marrying a widower 5-10 years older than her. With a few kids mostly grown. I don’t know why I picture that but I do. 

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 2

4 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

But for some reason I can’t help but picture her marrying a widower 5-10 years older than her. With a few kids mostly grown. I don’t know why I picture that but I do. 

That seems like something she would do. 

• Upvote 6

5 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I guess she could pull a Sarah Mally and surprise us all. But for some reason I can’t help but picture her marrying a widower 5-10 years older than her. With a few kids mostly grown. I don’t know why I picture that but I do. 

Aka the Andrea Reins route.

I wonder how Andrea is getting along these days. She changed her IG handle to her married name, but it's been radio silence ever since.

• Upvote 5

23 minutes ago, AnnaSofia said:

Aka the Andrea Reins route.

I wonder how Andrea is getting along these days. She changed her IG handle to her married name, but it's been radio silence ever since.

But Andrea married a widower with a ton of young kids. I don’t think Sarah could handle that. I think Sarah would be happier with a man with like 4-5 kids that are mostly grown. I too wonder about Andrea. That must’ve been a difficult transition. 

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 2

I think Andy's eldest daughters were around 15 and 16 when he married Andrea, so more than old enough to play sister-wife in terms of childcare (it seemed they were basically raising their siblings before she came along). He did have a ton of kids though (what was it? 9?) and the youngest was only a few years old.

I agree that I can't really see Sarah taking that on, though to be honest, I didn't see it coming with Andrea, either. I always pictured the Reins as rather spoiled "Do as I say, not as I do" SAHDs who talked a good game, but didn't want to do the actual work a fundie lifestyle with lots of kids would require.

• Upvote 9

On the one hand, I believe in love and hope that if Sarah finds someone special, she can share her life with them and be happy. 

On the other hand, there are no guarantees that Sarah could still have children. If she got married, she would have to accept that they might not have any children. 

There's no reason she has to marry. She might prefer to be single.  

Edited by Bluebirdbluebell
important word left out
  • Upvote 6
  • I Agree 4

38 minutes ago, Bluebirdbluebell said:

There's no reason she has to marry. She might prefer to be single.  

You may be right, especially if she's a burned out mom after raising the Reversals. If she did prefer singleness, though, I think "waiting on the Lord for that right guy" would have been removed from her bio a while ago.

• Upvote 6

I'm not sure Sarah would be allowed to openly prefer singleness. In her cult, woman can only yearn to be godly wives.  

I actually root for Sarah (even though she would think I'm a godless heathen).  I'm not as concerned that her age has precluded her from happiness. I'm unable to have children, and I've found happiness in life (I love my step-children!!!). 

And to be honest, though I very much wanted to have kids, in truth, I was very burned out from raising my sister's kids during my younger years.  I could understand Sarah feeling the same . . . 

- Anna Marie has a post up about the birth of her baby last year.  I really hope she is listening to doctors about post cancer treatment.  If her breast cancer was hormone receptor positive, then she should likely be on medication that limits her hormones', and subsequently, limits her fertility.  

• Upvote 16

On 1/12/2021 at 8:29 AM, JanasTattooParlor said:

My husband and I registered for a Corelle set for our wedding last year! They’re so easy to use and wash, but they get hot so quickly! We use the bowls for soup, but you almost have to hold them with a pot holder because the bottom of the bowl gets hot fast. We love them other than that and got this pattern for ours:

Hide contents

image.jpeg.5baf6a8f296fb32a9bf366769fda4154.jpeg

I love my Corelle plates and bowls so much.  There is (or was) a huge Corelle Outlet store in Chehalis, Washington and I would go in and just go nuts over all the patterns! This is my plate.

https://www.corelle.com/product/european-herbs-105-dinner-plate

• Upvote 7

My oldest is Sarah’s age and what a difference in lives to date!

For some reason I have a soft heart for Sarah. We only see a fraction of what goes on in Maxhell, carefully curated, and I want to believe that Sarah has more friends than we imagine - or even just one or two that she spends time with.

Heck, at this point she might even have gone back to a bedroom of her own, or a sanctum sanctorum with her computer, a comfy chair or two, and .... whatever pastime she’s allowed. It’s not reading fir pleasure, we know that ... surely not any music beyond the songs the family band used to do.

Mary & Anna seem so irreversibly hap, Hap, HaPpY! in their little cages but Sarah’s known a different life AND she’s had to put a lot more mothering into the reversals than A & M do in playing with the nieces & nephews. 

Well, anyway.... I feel for the gal.  Really do hope she’s got way more of a life than she lets on.

• Upvote 14
  • I Agree 5

2 minutes ago, MamaJunebug said:

My oldest is Sarah’s age and what a difference in lives to date!

For some reason I have a soft heart for Sarah. We only see a fraction of what goes on in Maxhell, carefully curated, and I want to believe that Sarah has more friends than we imagine - or even just one or two that she spends time with.

Heck, at this point she might even have gone back to a bedroom of her own, or a sanctum sanctorum with her computer, a comfy chair or two, and .... whatever pastime she’s allowed. It’s not reading fir pleasure, we know that ... surely not any music beyond the songs the family band used to do.

Mary & Anna seem so irreversibly hap, Hap, HaPpY! in their little cages but Sarah’s known a different life AND she’s had to put a lot more mothering into the reversals than A & M do in playing with the nieces & nephews. 

Well, anyway.... I feel for the gal.  Really do hope she’s got way more of a life than she lets on.

I don't see it this way. None of the girls are allowed to show or talk about being unhappy. If Anna and Mary seem happy, maybe it's because they've haven't realised yet nothing will change. 

The different life the non-reversals have seem to have made more timid and in Steve's shadows.  If anything taking them away from a normal life seems to have made them more timid and invested in their fundie lives. 

• Upvote 4

The lack of marriage doesn’t bother me in the sense that I believe she should get married - I’m early thirties and single! I’m all for the single life or childless life if that’s what people prefer.

Its just the fact that she’s approaching 40 and hasn’t lived her life! That’s the true crime here in my view - many of us know full well a single woman can have her own home, go to work, travel, have friends and just enjoy and live life and that’s what makes me so annoyed for Sarah and Anna and Mary. They are people too Steve, not your slaves.

• Upvote 19
  • I Agree 4
  • Love 1

I think Sarah dislikes children (like Teri), she loves peace and quiet. Maybe her best possible life given her posibilites is to move in to Gigi's when she passes, and just live alone there enjoying her dog and her coffee.

• Upvote 16

On 1/17/2021 at 3:39 AM, mango_fandango said:

Sarah will be 39 in a couple of days. I imagine that at this point she’d find it incredibly difficult to get married and leave home, suddenly going from sharing a room with her much younger sisters to sharing a bed with just her husband, and being alone all day if her husband worked outside the home. She may well be able to have kids, but only 2 or 3 at most. 
I also think that the pool of eligible fundie guys her age would be incredibly small, if not non-existent, unless she married a guy who’d been widowed... which is a tough situation for anyone to be in, let alone someone who’s never spent any time alone and never had any sort of relationship before.

Yes, that's been said many times, that Sarah's best chance is a widower. Which got me hopeful when I hear of one. Though she could be closer to 40 when Anna-Marie's cancer buddy's widower is ready to consider re-marriage. 

• Upvote 3
  • Confused 1

Sarah could marry someone who isn’t a widower. It’s not likely but it could happen. I think it would be sweet if she married someone who had not been married before and was waiting on the “one”. 
she may be happy being single. We will never know. The girls aren’t allowed to show any emotion except happiness and joy. 

• Upvote 9

• Coconut Flan locked this topic