IGNORED

Upcoming Babies 19: We Keep Track So They Don't Have To

Bethella

Moving...yuk. I’ve moved with a toddler and newborn. We once moved on December 26th, and have double moved ( house-apartment - house) when relocating for jobs more than once -

1 hour ago, SassyPants said:

Moving...yuk. I’ve moved with a toddler and newborn. We once moved on December 26th, and have double moved ( house-apartment - house) when relocating for jobs more than once -

We are in the middle of that (apartment phase) with a baby. Not fun!

• Upvote 2

On 4/24/2021 at 6:57 AM, Nashville92 said:

She's not fundie but we've talked about her before but Sadie Robertson Huff revealed she's naming her daughter Honey James.  Pretty sure she's due soon

Honey Huff? Really?

• Upvote 1
  • Rufus Bless 1
  • WTF 1
  • Haha 11
  • Love 1

5 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I’m a person who hates unpacked boxes.

total opposite here - I last moved in 2007 and last week I found a box of unpacked stuff. It was all knick knacks and such and I decided that if I'd been able to do without it for over a decade then it could all go. So now I think I might be fully unpacked but who knows really. ?

Edited by browngrl
typo
  • Upvote 4
  • Haha 11
  • Love 1

I still have unpacked boxes in my laundry/storage/cat box room—and I’ve lived here for three years.

• Upvote 4
  • Love 1

5 hours ago, browngrl said:

total opposite here - I last moved in 2007 and last week I found a box of unpacked stuff. It was all knick knacks and such and I decided that if I'd been able to do without it for over a decade then it could all go. So now I think I might be fully unpacked but who knows really. ?

Once we had an unpacked box discovered on the NEXT moving day, 10 years later. It got tossed and May have contained our son’s baby book :(

• Upvote 1
  • Sad 7

11 hours ago, artdecades said:

Honey Huff? Really?

It was "Birdie" a couple of years ago, and now "Honey" seems to be making the rounds. I know of two other babies born this year with that name. I tend to like retro names, but there's something kind of unappealing about the name Honey to me. Like a lifelong patronizing nickname.

• I Agree 12

1 hour ago, SolomonFundy said:

It was "Birdie" a couple of years ago, and now "Honey" seems to be making the rounds. I know of two other babies born this year with that name. I tend to like retro names, but there's something kind of unappealing about the name Honey to me. Like a lifelong patronizing nickname.

It reminds me of the character in Who’s Afraid of Virginia Woolf?

(Great movie by the way - Elizabeth Taylor, Richard Burton - highly recommend)

• Upvote 1
  • Love 1

2 hours ago, SolomonFundy said:

I like the name Birdie but Honey makes me think of that Jessica Alba dancing movie. 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2
  • Love 1

26 minutes ago, artdecades said:

I like the name Birdie but Honey makes me think of that Jessica Alba dancing movie. 

If the worst association with Honey is a Jessica Alba movie (from 20 years ago), then it's not that bad. 

• Haha 4

If the worst association with Honey is a Jessica Alba movie (from 20 years ago), then it's not that bad. 

Why did you have to age me like this [emoji24] My friends and I watched like a zillion times on cable back in high school.
  • Upvote 3
  • Love 2

Honey as a real name (as opposed to an endearment) sounds like a stripper.

Edited by marmalade
  • Upvote 6
  • Haha 2
  • I Agree 3
  • Love 1

5 hours ago, SolomonFundy said:

I tend to like retro names, but there's something kind of unappealing about the name Honey to me. Like a lifelong patronizing nickname.

Re: Honey. I can only think of that godawful song by Bobby Goldsboro.

Really, really wish, though, that a video of the Smothers Brothers Show's parody of Honey (called "The Honey House") was available somewhere. It has to be one of the funniest things I've ever seen and that was over 45 years ago.

• Upvote 2
  • Love 1

Honey is a generic term of endearment, it’s my go to if I can’t remember a kid’s name ?

Either that or sweetie. 

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, adidas said:

Honey is a generic term of endearment, it’s my go to if I can’t remember a kid’s name ?

Either that or sweetie. 

For boys, I say “Buddy.” 

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 2

My grandmother's nickname was Hon, short for Honey.  But it was a term of endearment given to her by her nieces for being their "Honey Bunny Easter bunny"  when she was a young adult and helped care for them and gave them their Easter baskets after their mom abandoned them.  Her kids even called her that instead of Mom.  So I'll admit that I have a softer spot for it than Birdie, which I think is kind of a weird name for a kid.  Then again, I'd never name a kid Honey.  

• Upvote 6

I truly have zero issues with nicknames. My children go by nicknames. My family is full of nicknames. I guess I’m just not a huge fan of nicknames as given names. 

Edited by JermajestyDuggar
  • Upvote 3
  • I Agree 6

19 hours ago, artdecades said:

Kristen Nicole Young is pregnant with #4

According to her husband's Instagram, #4 is coming in December 2021.

• Upvote 1
  • Thank You 4

The Youngs seem to be in such a dark place. I really feel for their kids. 

• Upvote 19
  • I Agree 1

23 minutes ago, Bluebirdbluebell said:

According to her husband's Instagram, #4 is coming in December 2021.

Why would they announce that early

• Upvote 2

8 minutes ago, raayx01 said:

Because Kristen is nothing if not overconfident.

• Upvote 7
  • Haha 6
  • I Agree 1

57 minutes ago, raayx01 said:

I have no problem with people announcing early if that’s what they’re comfortable with. For many people, a miscarriage isn’t less emotionally painful just because you didn’t tell anyone the pregnancy happened. Just my $0.02. 

• Upvote 5
  • Eyeroll 1
  • I Agree 1

• Bethella locked and unpinned this topic